Home
NBA Live 14 News Post

EA Sports has released NBA Live 14 title update #2 for PS4 users. Once it is available for the Xbox One, we'll update this post.

UPDATE: It is available now for Xbox One users.

Below are some of the details on the update, read the full article here.

ALL-NEW SHOOTAROUND MODE
  • Improve your shooting, dribbling, and offensive moves by selecting any current NBA player and taking to an empty practice gym
  • The mode will improve your game, and also serve as the foundation for NBA LIVE 15
GRAPHICAL IMPROVEMENTS
  • NBA LIVE 14’s lighting system has been updated and re-tuned to help bring the game to life. Color values have been improved to help remove some player’s “plastic” look
  • Tweaked and/or tuned every player and every uniform
  • New lighting improves the skin texture of players, and colors will be more accurate and robust
NEW ACCESSORIES
  • Added official court and jerseys for 2014 NBA All-Star weekend in New Orleans
  • Added new adidas Hardwood Classic uniforms
  • Added new basketball, complete with the signature of the NBA’s new commissioner Adam Silver
IMPROVED CONTROL AND RESPONSIVENESS
  • Tuned first steps and dribble moves (including start and stop) to smooth out animations
  • Improved transitions between animations
PASSING IMPROVEMENTS
  • Players experience increased responsiveness with improvements to ball physics, pass speeds and branch points within animations
  • Ball interacts with rim much more organically. Swishes have been reduced
  • Increased the variety of passing speeds
  • Improved lead passing
LIVE Season
  • Adjusted the camera to address hitches
  • Normal broadcast view has replaced player lock
  • More variety in the types of LIVE Challenges available
Play a few games and tryout the new Shootaround mode and post your impressions here.

NBA Live 14 screenshot gallery - Click to view NBA Live 14 screenshot gallery - Click to view NBA Live 14 screenshot gallery - Click to view NBA Live 14 screenshot gallery - Click to view
Game: NBA Live 14Reader Score: 4/10 - Vote Now
Platform: PS4 / Xbox OneVotes for game: 17 - View All
NBA Live 14 Videos
Member Comments
# 261 DIRK41NOWITZKI @ 02/17/14 11:20 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by loosey101
If you reinstall, nothing will erase. I did last night and seemed to still have all my data. Reinstalling didn't seem to do anything though, I reconnected my router a couple times and that seemed to fix it.
Yeah that's what ended up fixing it for me in the end so I guess I'll just stick with that.

Sent from my mobile device using Tapatalk

# 262 TheHypeMachine6 @ 02/17/14 05:31 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by RateSports
Well I figured why not today. Got the game basically for free (had GameStop credit) and got it used (34.99).

I had very low expectations for the game, I was just bored and wanted another game to play.

This game is without any question in my mind, the worst video game I have ever actually bought. I'm not going to list out the 300 reasons I could because I respect the dev team for actually trying to address issues, but this game is nothing short of a joke.

Hopefully 15 is a dramatic improvement and believe it or not, no matter how bad Live 14 is, I have more confidence in it than I do in Madden.

At least Live's team sounds like they care.
I've had the game since launch, and EA Sports doesn't care about this game, or the community that bought it, the 300 reasons you didn't want to address, have been there since day 1 and they released a title update that contains more bugs than before the update, the extra passing when you didn't even press pass is why ive put the game down for now & they will be lucky if I play it again. We don't even get rosters updated daily like was promised, personally I think we were all suckered into buying this game, not because we hoped for a successful reboot, and IMO EA played on that and is laughing all the way to the bank, so disappointing!

# 263 tedus @ 02/18/14 07:39 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by loosey101
Just tried to reinstall and still nothing...

Edit:nvr mind it's working.
Now it happened again!!
Reinstall again but nothing changed

# 264 WTF @ 02/18/14 07:57 AM
It happens every other time I start the game up. I switch back and forth to Wireless to Wired, and eventually it'll connect. I'm not sure what's causing it.

With that said, I'm getting extremely impatient waiting on the team to update Giannis and Nate Wolters of the Bucks. I'm done with playing 1 off games, and want to get into a Dynasty with the Bucks. Playing with a wrong race Nate Wolters, and a generic Giannis isn't cutting it at the moment.

It's funny, most of the Bucks are extremely well done in Live, I'm not sure how we've made it past the all star break with these 2 guys not getting an actual face in the game. It's not like they're 12th and 13th on the roster. Giannis is one of the top prospects in the league right now, warranted or not.

I love the gameplay. I'm not having any double passing issues, no end of game AI issues, not having trouble defending, in general not having any problems... but this one is a problem that will prevent me from playing any more. I'll boot up about once a night to see if they've happened to put in a fix for them. I've tried to go into the game with an old school "Player 99" mentality that used to be Jordan and the Bulls, but I can't imagine like that anymore. I can't look past it.

Color me unhappy currently. Nearly 2 weeks ago a tweet said that they were working on it. Nothing further on it.

# 265 loosey101 @ 02/18/14 09:24 AM
They've been too busy watching Mick dj the all-star after parties to work on the game. But seriously, I hope they update them soon and try and fix a couple bugs and add in some new shoes.

# 266 jyoung @ 02/18/14 12:39 PM
In last week's NLSC interview, OG stated that player likenesses would not see any further improvement until NBA Live 15.

It doesn't sound like the Bucks, or any other team, for that matter, are going to look any better until October.

# 267 WTF @ 02/18/14 12:46 PM
For what it's worth, they're saying that they're working on it for the next update. Regardless of what was said then, that's what they're saying currently.

# 268 loosey101 @ 02/18/14 12:46 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by jyoung
In last week's NLSC interview, OG stated that player likenesses would not see any further improvement until NBA Live 15.

It doesn't sound like the Bucks, or any other team, for that matter, are going to look any better until October.

Hmm interesting, maybe they mean facial scans. I saw WTFs initial tweet and it seemed like they would at least update Giannis face and change the color of the other guy. If they can't do that, wow, that's ridiculous.

# 269 WTF @ 02/18/14 12:49 PM
Quote:
Hey Will! Our team is working on the update. We'll keep you posted!
That was their post as of 10 minutes ago on their fb page.

# 270 loosey101 @ 02/18/14 02:21 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by WTF
That was their post as of 10 minutes ago on their fb page.

Good stuff will, I hope they do update the guys. I haven't used the Bucks much, but I had Knight on my UT for a bit, love using him and know in Dynasty he can develop into a fantastic player.

# 271 WTF @ 02/18/14 02:33 PM
Yeah, Knight is tough. Loved him at UK, he's represented pretty well here. Facially, they got him done really well as well.

Keeping my fingers crossed.

# 272 Walt Frazier @ 02/18/14 10:08 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by RateSports
Well I figured why not today. Got the game basically for free (had GameStop credit) and got it used (34.99).

I had very low expectations for the game, I was just bored and wanted another game to play.

This game is without any question in my mind, the worst video game I have ever actually bought. I'm not going to list out the 300 reasons I could because I respect the dev team for actually trying to address issues, but this game is nothing short of a joke.

Hopefully 15 is a dramatic improvement and believe it or not, no matter how bad Live 14 is, I have more confidence in it than I do in Madden.

At least Live's team sounds like they care.

If NOT fixing a single bug, not bothering to fix something as vital as time outs and not addressing late game AI that kills the game = "caring", then I would hate to see these guys being apathetic!

Truth is this has been a half hearted effort if being generous and a very poor overall one if people are being honest.

Sad part about it as that their main competition had horrendous online problems and bugs and it was THE perfect time for LIVE to step up its game and pounce. They could have done so, so much with this while 2K was down with server issues and bugs. Instead, they pretty much did nothing outside of a few tweaks. Very disappointing.

# 273 Tha_Kid @ 02/19/14 12:55 AM
The double pass is spelling the end of this game for me. Pity.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N900A using Tapatalk

# 274 jyoung @ 02/19/14 10:33 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tha_Kid

Yeah I've played two games since the day of the title update.

Regardless of all the good changes that the patch introduced, the fact that it also created three new passing bugs that seriously impact every offensive possession just kills whatever small measure of fun the game had beforehand.

# 275 WTF @ 02/19/14 10:48 AM
I don't know if the double pass fix has been implemented yet but here is a reply from Facebook:
EA SPORTS NBA Live
Hi Morris Alo, we appreciate your honest feedback and we apologize for the inconvenience. The double passing issue has been resolved.

If you want to elaborate on the issues you are experiencing and how we can work together to help you, feel free to send us a direct message on Facebook

# 276 The 24th Letter @ 02/19/14 11:38 AM
How has it been resolved? He words it like it has already taken place. There hasn't been another release since the title update and the small on afterward has there? I know it was still there the last time I played...

# 277 WTF @ 02/19/14 11:59 AM
I don't know man. I don't have the issue and I'm on the road today so I can't check on an update. I thought it was worded as if it were already fixed as well. Found it interesting.

# 278 The 24th Letter @ 02/19/14 04:13 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tha_Kid

Can't mess with passing man....it's so crucial to the game.....it's the reason NBA 2K12 didn't make it past December for me...that stupid, stupid delay... don't get me started on that though...

Live really needs to fix this though or they will keep losing players...passing to a wide open guy to have him pass back across court is maddening..

# 279 seanhazz1 @ 02/19/14 04:31 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by WTF
I don't know man. I don't have the issue and I'm on the road today so I can't check on an update. I thought it was worded as if it were already fixed as well. Found it interesting.

I'm not having it (double pass bug) either. I've noticed that the "touch" of the buttons is more apparent in this game, only requiring light taps (like a pump fake) to execute crisp passing vs. holding down the button longer as many are accustomed. When holding the button longer, I do see the "double pass issue", especially after an inbounds or dribbling across half court.

Since I've "feathered" my touch sensitivity, and learned the timing of the different pass types, I've seen no issues with double passing, or "input lag" and credited my earlier struggles/issues to learning a new control scheme.

Late game AI issues have been minimal to me(almost none), but occasionally (about once every 3-4 games) I'll trap a guy in the paint/post with a double team (who picks up his dribble), who acts like a "trapped guy" and gets a 3 sec call, if anyone understands that.

It could definitely use a graphical/animation upgrade by today's "standards", but the game is fun for me, responsive for me, and definitely does not hurt my eyes when playing, as some have expressed in one way or another.

The control changes in LIVE are huge compared to what we have been accustomed to, and can't be experienced in the new practice mode by just dribbling and shooting. The ball feels like an actual object to protect, and not a part of the player. They should have included 5v5 practice, 2v2 pick and roll tutorial, and a robust post move tutorial as well.

I could do without player edits if they kept the editing to "same day" as promised, but a slider set would help tremendously.

# 280 loosey101 @ 02/19/14 04:31 PM
I asked the live team about the passing bug and changing the race of certain placers that aren't right and this was their response.
Hey Tyler -

We have alerted our Dev team about this issue and they are currently working to resolve it. As soon as we have more information, we will hit you up.

We are also looking into the player colors as well, but may not be able to fix all of them. Thanks for your feedback and keep it coming!

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.