Home
NBA Live 14 News Post

EA Sports has released NBA Live 14 title update #2 for PS4 users. Once it is available for the Xbox One, we'll update this post.

UPDATE: It is available now for Xbox One users.

Below are some of the details on the update, read the full article here.

ALL-NEW SHOOTAROUND MODE
  • Improve your shooting, dribbling, and offensive moves by selecting any current NBA player and taking to an empty practice gym
  • The mode will improve your game, and also serve as the foundation for NBA LIVE 15
GRAPHICAL IMPROVEMENTS
  • NBA LIVE 14’s lighting system has been updated and re-tuned to help bring the game to life. Color values have been improved to help remove some player’s “plastic” look
  • Tweaked and/or tuned every player and every uniform
  • New lighting improves the skin texture of players, and colors will be more accurate and robust
NEW ACCESSORIES
  • Added official court and jerseys for 2014 NBA All-Star weekend in New Orleans
  • Added new adidas Hardwood Classic uniforms
  • Added new basketball, complete with the signature of the NBA’s new commissioner Adam Silver
IMPROVED CONTROL AND RESPONSIVENESS
  • Tuned first steps and dribble moves (including start and stop) to smooth out animations
  • Improved transitions between animations
PASSING IMPROVEMENTS
  • Players experience increased responsiveness with improvements to ball physics, pass speeds and branch points within animations
  • Ball interacts with rim much more organically. Swishes have been reduced
  • Increased the variety of passing speeds
  • Improved lead passing
LIVE Season
  • Adjusted the camera to address hitches
  • Normal broadcast view has replaced player lock
  • More variety in the types of LIVE Challenges available
Play a few games and tryout the new Shootaround mode and post your impressions here.

NBA Live 14 screenshot gallery - Click to view NBA Live 14 screenshot gallery - Click to view NBA Live 14 screenshot gallery - Click to view NBA Live 14 screenshot gallery - Click to view
Game: NBA Live 14Reader Score: 4/10 - Vote Now
Platform: PS4 / Xbox OneVotes for game: 17 - View All
NBA Live 14 Videos
Member Comments
# 301 The 24th Letter @ 03/02/14 10:31 AM
Passing bug(s) definitely aren't gone as if yesterday....

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

# 302 WTF @ 03/02/14 10:36 AM
Yep, I saw the passing bug last night for the first time. Definitely there.

# 303 wacko11 @ 03/02/14 10:48 AM
Yea I was playing last night and it was there, but the other day when I played it was all good

# 304 WTF @ 03/05/14 12:16 PM
So I've seen the passing bug several times here in the past day, which is disheartening. I've feathered the buttons, as I always do, so it's not a hard press of the button causing it.

Now we're in March, a few months left of the season, and I'm starting to become discouraged playing the game as is. I am starting to see a few more things that I haven't been seeing the entire time. I played a game of Live Ultimate Team, and it was a great game. Came down to the final possession. I score to take the lead by 1 with 8 seconds to go. The CPU calls a timeout. It's going to be a great game. I don't recall who all they had on their team, but Durant was one of the biggest.

Ball comes in to the PG, I'm playing excellent defense... 5..4.. 3.. the PG kicks it across the court to a WIDE OPEN Kevin Durant... 3... 2... I leap in the air to try to anticipate the blocked shot!

He doesn't shoot it. I win the Gold Pack prize by default

Granted, I'm glad I got the win, but on the same token, you don't want to win like that. So now I've had the Game ending hold the ball bug, the passback bug, and several other small things. All of these things are just piling up to a disheartening experience.

One of the biggest gripes that I have right now though, is the fact that they "fixed" the race of Nate Wolters and "fixed" Giannis. Still, neither look anywhere close to correct. Better, by default of course, but not great. I know it would have taken "time" to get the correct CF's in there. But I also know that there are a TON of Generic faces that would have been even closer than the ones that they used. I simulated til year 2035, saw a lot of generic guys. It's the "effort" to find the closest resembling player to use that I'm disappointed in.

I love the gameplay of the game. I love the AI (sans the experiences above)... but I don't love the small things right now. I am disappointed that I waited for their "fix", and to put it lightly, it was a half assed fix. Giannis wearing a headband? Never worn one that I can tell.

I'm optimistic about the game's 2015 release. I really am. I'm hopeful that the "little" things will be built upon, and continue to grow into something special.

I don't forsee another update or patch this late in the game. I hope I'm wrong, but I don't see it. For the first time though, I'm not discouraged by the foundation of a 3 year plan. Although the game didn't get glowing reviews from anywhere, I hope that for my greedy purpose, that the gameplay doesn't get scrapped. I like a LOT about what's under the hood. Polish it, gloss it up really nice (figuratively speaking), and continue to build upon it.

I've been lucky enough til this point, not to have the issues that most have had. After having them however, I can see where the dislike for the game starts to grow. Those issues will fester I'm sure, the more you see of them, til the point where you don't want to play the game anymore, or you're playing the game just looking/waiting for those things to happen.

# 305 pdawg17 @ 03/05/14 12:54 PM
What's unfortunate is I was one of the few super hyped gamers for Live and given the lack of fixes for GAME-BREAKING bugs I have gone from definite Live 15 purchase to a weak maybe...

From the beginning I haven't asked for much and did not expect perfection so I was able to enjoy the game immensely. To keep me around all they had to do was fix the few things that potentially break the game at times and I would still be fully on board.

Disappointing to say the least...

# 306 shutdown10 @ 03/05/14 12:55 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by WTF
So I've seen the passing bug several times here in the past day, which is disheartening. I've feathered the buttons, as I always do, so it's not a hard press of the button causing it.

Now we're in March, a few months left of the season, and I'm starting to become discouraged playing the game as is. I am starting to see a few more things that I haven't been seeing the entire time. I played a game of Live Ultimate Team, and it was a great game. Came down to the final possession. I score to take the lead by 1 with 8 seconds to go. The CPU calls a timeout. It's going to be a great game. I don't recall who all they had on their team, but Durant was one of the biggest.

Ball comes in to the PG, I'm playing excellent defense... 5..4.. 3.. the PG kicks it across the court to a WIDE OPEN Kevin Durant... 3... 2... I leap in the air to try to anticipate the blocked shot!

He doesn't shoot it. I win the Gold Pack prize by default

Granted, I'm glad I got the win, but on the same token, you don't want to win like that. So now I've had the Game ending hold the ball bug, the passback bug, and several other small things. All of these things are just piling up to a disheartening experience.

One of the biggest gripes that I have right now though, is the fact that they "fixed" the race of Nate Wolters and "fixed" Giannis. Still, neither look anywhere close to correct. Better, by default of course, but not great. I know it would have taken "time" to get the correct CF's in there. But I also know that there are a TON of Generic faces that would have been even closer than the ones that they used. I simulated til year 2035, saw a lot of generic guys. It's the "effort" to find the closest resembling player to use that I'm disappointed in.

I love the gameplay of the game. I love the AI (sans the experiences above)... but I don't love the small things right now. I am disappointed that I waited for their "fix", and to put it lightly, it was a half assed fix. Giannis wearing a headband? Never worn one that I can tell.

I'm optimistic about the game's 2015 release. I really am. I'm hopeful that the "little" things will be built upon, and continue to grow into something special.

I don't forsee another update or patch this late in the game. I hope I'm wrong, but I don't see it. For the first time though, I'm not discouraged by the foundation of a 3 year plan. Although the game didn't get glowing reviews from anywhere, I hope that for my greedy purpose, that the gameplay doesn't get scrapped. I like a LOT about what's under the hood. Polish it, gloss it up really nice (figuratively speaking), and continue to build upon it.

I've been lucky enough til this point, not to have the issues that most have had. After having them however, I can see where the dislike for the game starts to grow. Those issues will fester I'm sure, the more you see of them, til the point where you don't want to play the game anymore, or you're playing the game just looking/waiting for those things to happen.

Although I respect your analysis and optimism for this game, I don't have high hopes for Live in the future such as you do. This game is currently at 160,000 copies sold between both consoles globally and will not crack 200,000 copies by the NBA season's end. We say that EA is a huge company with alot of resources, but clearly they are not investing in this game enough because the game is losing them money with of all the licenses they are paying to publish this game and it not matching that number in sales. I just don't think the EA investors will open their pocket books to dramatically improve this game because the writing is on the wall with this franchise.

# 307 noshun @ 03/05/14 01:24 PM
Weren't these updates suppose to happen to the demo as well?
Quote:
Originally Posted by EA
Throughout the season, CourtQ and Synergy Sports will update the rosters, ratings and tendencies of all available teams and players in the demo.

# 308 loosey101 @ 03/05/14 01:26 PM
Yeah, the issues that haven't been fixed yet are hampering the experience of those that actually enjoy playing this game. I read on Facebook where a guy said they contacted him and said they probably won't be able to fix the double passing glitch in this iteration. Kind of ridiculous if you ask me but I've already decided to try and enjoy the game in its current state and wait for 15 to ultimately make the judgment call.

# 309 seanhazz1 @ 03/05/14 04:34 PM
Like some posted before me, I have not seen a lot of the issues some are reporting.

For example last night I was playing Portland (with Philadelphia) in my dynasty, and up 2 in the 4th with 15 sec on the Lillard stopped and dribbled out beyond the three point line for about 10 seconds, seemingly beckoning me (MCW) to come guard him as the two were battling each other all game long. I started thinking, here is that late-game AI bug they are talking about on the forums happening to me, at about the 5-6 second mark I step back inside the 3 point line to wait it out, thinking he was going to dribble out the clock, and he starts moving towards the rim, I think omg he is going to the rim, click on my Pf to step up before he gets "to the lane" and this guy pulled up on me and hit a game tying jumper from about 18ft with 2 seconds on the clock (lost the game in OT), I was stunned and ecstatic at the same time that I did not have to experience the late game AI bug.

Its moments like that, that keep me playing, ....among other things.

As far as the "passing bug" I am able to repeat it every time, at will, if I handle my gamepad controls in a specific way. A longer pass button press combined with changing and holding the joystick direction before the initial pass animation completes, leads to a second pass and is also duplicated (double pass) by rapid consecutive (2 or more) pass button presses (this second part is intended I believe). The double for me pass almost always occurs at the inbound after a made basket for me, or when i'm not totally focused, and do what i wrote above. The rapid succession pass I use a lot when "swinging" the ball from side to side, and determined it to be working as intended.

EA dev team "increased responsiveness with improvements to ball physics, pass speeds and branch points within animations" to address the input lag.

It feels like since it was "sped up", that the branching animation is also happening quicker and at a different input point from pre patch. With no team practice available, the only place to refine our play control tendencies is in game, which is very frustrating. That some are experiencing "passing bugs" and others aren't is a testimony that controller manipulation and/or play style are also determining factors in the randomness on who is experiencing the passing bug and how often it occurs.

Additionally, swapping from this game to the "other" will compound the issue since the sensitivity of the controls are vastly different in their responses between the two games, and the adjustment period from switching is not as instant as we would all like to believe.

I have found exactly one forum post (after doing a search for double pass or passing bug) on the "double pass" issue where it was intended to be posted, the NBA Live 14 bugs/glitches forum, by D Apocalypse. I shall follow his bug post with my own formatted bug report as well.

I know the issue has been touted by more than a few in other discussions, and some here get direct feedback from devs on the issues at hand, but if I subscribed to a specific forum thread that almost never updates, why would I think there was a highly touted bug/ gameplay issue in that thread? Its our job to populate that forum, with the correct and accurate data that they need to acquire the metrics, to validate the priority of any bugs to their supervisors and investors, who get the software bug fixes approved.

Back on topic, I know some veteran posters may flame my observations, but honestly, since I've "adjusted" to the controls, play style, speed of the game, triggered animations, etc., I have only observed the "double pass" when I manipulated the controls in the above manner I detailed above. . To avoid the "bug" I try not to do those things and I have the desired result, ALMOST (nothing is perfect) seamless gameplay for me.

If I have missed anyone's post(s) looking for this specific documented "double pass" bug, I am sorry, but I definitely tried searching this forum before posting. Some have posted "workarounds" for avoiding the issue issues i've addressed, but i think they should be posting the issue where people are more likely to look for it. IMO, the impressions forum is an opinion forum that frequently becomes hostile to differing views/observations, while the bug forum is much closer to a fact forum to compile data.

# 310 The 24th Letter @ 03/05/14 05:58 PM
Not here to 'flame any of your observations' personally...I think it's great your one of the few haven't experienced any issues with the game....hey, I envy you and would probably buy your copy off of you if I could...

as far as where posting issues...as i've said before, after seeing that the Live team didn't bother to address any of the bugs that were posted...and even went as far as directly acknowledging other issues, then later saying they had no knowledge of those issues...I can see why posters have no desire to post in the Bugs/Glitches thread...I personally won't waste any more time doing so...

# 311 sportyguyfl31 @ 03/07/14 09:09 PM
Can someone explain this passing bug?

I honestly haven't seen it...granted using almost exclusively icon passing may be the reason why.

I'll tell you what I DO see...is the damn X button passing going hay-wire when trying to run through a set.

Still the oddest game I have ever experienced. Very glaring rough spots, but the game keeps getting played. I'm just starting to get into ultimate team and I am putting together various video montages of favorite players. Really don't feel the need or desire to do a franchise. I'm half afraid to see what bugs found their way into that mode to be honest.

If I had one thing to say to EA, it would be to NOT deviate from the foundation that they have here. Don't get all crazy, switch it up and botch something else up. There's something here..and I think it can really turn into something special, if they just stick it out for once,

# 312 nick_sr @ 03/07/14 10:09 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by sportyguyfl31
Can someone explain this passing bug?

I honestly haven't seen it...granted using almost exclusively icon passing may be the reason why.

I'll tell you what I DO see...is the damn X button passing going hay-wire when trying to run through a set.

Still the oddest game I have ever experienced. Very glaring rough spots, but the game keeps getting played. I'm just starting to get into ultimate team and I am putting together various video montages of favorite players. Really don't feel the need or desire to do a franchise. I'm half afraid to see what bugs found their way into that mode to be honest.

If I had one thing to say to EA, it would be to NOT deviate from the foundation that they have here. Don't get all crazy, switch it up and botch something else up. There's something here..and I think it can really turn into something special, if they just stick it out for once,
well put. ultimate is the only playable mode

# 313 Fiddy @ 03/09/14 10:21 AM
played a game last night.. a full game for once in a long time bc of the rosters being a mess etc.

good times, i really enjoy this game and having the rosters updated is key for to keep me into it.

obviously game is not perfect and has a ways to go, but again i enjoy it. just stinks it took so dang long to get rosters updated. bah!

one thing i would love to see added is a sim quarter feature. tough to play full games at times and i would have no problem simming one or two quarters.

# 314 nick_sr @ 03/09/14 01:37 PM
the double passing makes this game unplayable at times

# 315 The 24th Letter @ 03/09/14 05:48 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by nick_sr
the double passing makes this game unplayable at times

It's horrible.

I played Live 14 earlier this morning on PS4...(the games really do seem different on the two systems) but unfortunately that bug is just as bad on both. When the game first dropped this was just an inbound thing...but it's maddening that it happens in the half court as well...

# 316 DIRK41NOWITZKI @ 03/09/14 05:54 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by The 24th Letter
It's horrible.

I played Live 14 earlier this morning on PS4...(the games really do seem different on the two systems) but unfortunately that bug is just as bad on both. When the game first dropped this was just an inbound thing...but it's maddening that it happens in the half court as well...
The bug rarely happens to me and I have never had it happen to me in the half court set.

Sent from my mobile device using Tapatalk

# 317 The 24th Letter @ 03/09/14 06:07 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by DIRK41NOWITZKI
The bug rarely happens to me and I have never had it happen to me in the half court set.

Sent from my mobile device using Tapatalk

Wish I could say the same, I really do...

# 318 pdawg17 @ 03/10/14 08:47 PM
So weird how different it is for people on the same console. I have played 5 games in the last week and have not had a double pass at all on ps4...

Sent from my TouchPad using Tapatalk

# 319 DonWuan @ 03/11/14 01:18 PM
It's still there on the ps4..It's not as bad as it was when the update dropped. Change your style a little and it's manageable.

If your the type who holds Turbo when inbounding the ball you will see more.

At least that's only when I see it. Haven't seen it in the half court unless I'm spamming the button.

Sent from my M353 using Tapatalk

# 320 louie dogs @ 03/14/14 02:31 PM
i had a little 'problems with the ps4 and then I went recently to the xbox one, I wanted to ask the particular game has improved so much since the last patch? what are the main improvements? thanks and sorry for the bad english

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.