Home
NBA Live 14 News Post

EA Sports has released NBA Live 14 title update #2 for PS4 users. Once it is available for the Xbox One, we'll update this post.

UPDATE: It is available now for Xbox One users.

Below are some of the details on the update, read the full article here.

ALL-NEW SHOOTAROUND MODE
  • Improve your shooting, dribbling, and offensive moves by selecting any current NBA player and taking to an empty practice gym
  • The mode will improve your game, and also serve as the foundation for NBA LIVE 15
GRAPHICAL IMPROVEMENTS
  • NBA LIVE 14’s lighting system has been updated and re-tuned to help bring the game to life. Color values have been improved to help remove some player’s “plastic” look
  • Tweaked and/or tuned every player and every uniform
  • New lighting improves the skin texture of players, and colors will be more accurate and robust
NEW ACCESSORIES
  • Added official court and jerseys for 2014 NBA All-Star weekend in New Orleans
  • Added new adidas Hardwood Classic uniforms
  • Added new basketball, complete with the signature of the NBA’s new commissioner Adam Silver
IMPROVED CONTROL AND RESPONSIVENESS
  • Tuned first steps and dribble moves (including start and stop) to smooth out animations
  • Improved transitions between animations
PASSING IMPROVEMENTS
  • Players experience increased responsiveness with improvements to ball physics, pass speeds and branch points within animations
  • Ball interacts with rim much more organically. Swishes have been reduced
  • Increased the variety of passing speeds
  • Improved lead passing
LIVE Season
  • Adjusted the camera to address hitches
  • Normal broadcast view has replaced player lock
  • More variety in the types of LIVE Challenges available
Play a few games and tryout the new Shootaround mode and post your impressions here.

NBA Live 14 screenshot gallery - Click to view NBA Live 14 screenshot gallery - Click to view NBA Live 14 screenshot gallery - Click to view NBA Live 14 screenshot gallery - Click to view
Game: NBA Live 14Reader Score: 4/10 - Vote Now
Platform: PS4 / Xbox OneVotes for game: 17 - View All
NBA Live 14 Videos
Member Comments
# 321 GisherJohn24 @ 03/14/14 05:17 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by louie dogs
i had a little 'problems with the ps4 and then I went recently to the xbox one, I wanted to ask the particular game has improved so much since the last patch? what are the main improvements? thanks and sorry for the bad english
Minor tweaks with gameplay and graphic enhances. and the practice shoot around is okay.. there's fun to be had. Its playable . Just rocky at times

# 322 sportyguyfl31 @ 03/15/14 05:12 AM
Having a bit of trouble gauging the distance I need to do a pump fake without getting it stripped lately..

# 323 ifitbeginsitends @ 03/15/14 03:19 PM
those two things literally turned me off from the game. I gave up. between every pump fake getting stripped and not knowing when the pass back bug will strike, its titan fall only for me. it sucks though because I eat, sleep, and sh!t basketball and I feel like I have no options to play it right now.
here's s to next October! sighs. walks away with head down

# 324 P-Dub @ 03/15/14 04:16 PM
The way I have gotten around the pass back bug is done in two ways. My theory is that you have to hold another button down while the pass is in flight.

If you are stationary, hold the shoot button down right after you press pass and let go right as your player has the ball. He will pump fake and not makethe extra pass.

If you are moving, hold the right stick up to perform an in and out dribble. You might actually have to tap up multiple times, instead. I'm not completely sure which one works.

# 325 nick_sr @ 03/17/14 07:02 PM
just had to do another update, anyone know what it is for?

# 326 DIRK41NOWITZKI @ 03/17/14 08:20 PM
No update on my end, hopefully ill end up getting it at some point.

Sent from my mobile device using Tapatalk

# 327 nick_sr @ 03/17/14 08:41 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by DIRK41NOWITZKI
No update on my end, hopefully ill end up getting it at some point.

just notice lebron doesn't have the mask anymore. still no new shoes have been added.

# 328 bucs2nine @ 03/20/14 03:01 PM
I know this is a bit OT ...but with all the enhancements so far, I am considering getting this game now that it around 40 bucks....questions, please humor me:

1) Can you play a regular offline season mode and control all 30 teams ( unlike 2k14, where you can only control one team and can not set any of the lineups without unlocking crap) ?

2) can you play cpu vs cpu spectator mode in an OFFLINE SEASON mode?

3) any sliders in this game yet?

4) fantasy draft? ( i'm pretty sure I saw that this is in the game)

thanks kindly!

# 329 DIRK41NOWITZKI @ 03/21/14 09:09 PM
Weirdest glitch happened to me. I fouled shaq but he shot from the dotted line, then from the stands. All the players that were lined up were jumbled all over the court.

# 330 The 24th Letter @ 03/21/14 11:03 PM
No video?

Id love to see this in action...lol

# 331 DIRK41NOWITZKI @ 03/22/14 12:05 AM
Funny thing is, I kept fouling shaq and the glitch kept happening.

# 332 NimaAkaJoJo @ 03/24/14 01:07 PM
I just got a in game update.. no clue what it does.

# 333 DIRK41NOWITZKI @ 03/24/14 01:53 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by NimaAkaJoJo
Yeah, I didn't see anything different from the short amount of time I spent playing today.

# 334 NimaAkaJoJo @ 03/24/14 03:24 PM
Same here..

I played the Pistons @ Jazz game and went with the old school purple Jazz jersey, there was a gloss to the shirts, has that been in the game since day one? Cause it looked quite nice.
check it out here -
http://www.twitch.tv/nimaakajojo/b/513918724

# 335 jyoung @ 03/25/14 10:49 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by NimaAkaJoJo
I've played two games tonight, and I have not experienced the point guard icon passing "passback" glitch once. So it looks like that was fixed.

The targeting logic also seems to be dramatically improved for directional passing.

The inbound pass to the point guard "double pass" glitch is still in there, though.

So basically, they fixed two of the three passing bugs that were introduced by the big title update.

# 336 ManiacMatt1782 @ 03/26/14 12:29 AM
Just found this for 22.12 on ebay. At that price, I figure it is worth it to try

# 337 DonWuan @ 03/26/14 06:44 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ManiacMatt1782
Just found this for 22.12 on ebay. At that price, I figure it is worth it to try
Only 30 on amazon also.

# 338 KingTocco @ 03/31/14 11:00 AM
So my verdict so far:

I want to like this game because of my love for basketball, some of the things they do well, and the flaws with 2K...but I just can't really get past a few glaring issues/enjoy this game.

1) Other than the graphics (which we know about and I'm sure will be fixed to be on 2K's level next year) the gameplay is just bad in my opinion. It seems way too easy to score, the animations are terrible, and everyone seems to move so stiff. The game just doesn't seem fluid but I do think they have a good foundation to build on.

2) The input lag is AWFUL and literally ruins the game for me. I can't really play a game as it feels like a chore and is not fun at all. There is really no excuse for this especially with a "next-gen" game. (also the passing bug glitch is really bad)

3) The cameras are bad, I know I have been very vocal about this and even created a thread for it. The Baseline cams are terrible and should not have you behind the basket on defense, I can barely see where the hoop is if I try to block a shot. I can't play on the broadcast cams, I need to be able to see the whole court as if I'm playing, standing above my player, or reversed when on defense.

4) Some great features, Rising Star Mode is a great building block. There are lot of things that it does well that 2K does not. The progression system seems to be better and you get rewarded for actually playing a game. You can simulate any game which I LOVE and all of the stats/awards/standings screens work. The grading system is a bit poorly constructed in my opinion and so are the lack of attributes. Many attributes seemed to be generalized and I think need to be more specific such as 2K.

5) Ultimate Team- Awesome mode in my opinion, only a few things that I'd like to see worked on. The ratings and category breakdowns of players in this mode isn't great. There are literally so many gold players so when you buy a gold premium pack and get guaranteed gold players, more often than not it's someone who is like a 79-82 not an 86+. Maybe just add an extra tier if they are going to go this route. A lot of the players are rated way too high or low in general...why is Otto Porter an 80? Are you serious...and why is Magic Johnson only a 91? Porter should be at best a 68-69 and Magic should be a 95. Would love to hear others thoughts on this! I would like to see Live have more players or whole historic teams similar to 2K, packs are better priced in this game though. (My favorite part of this mode is that it keeps track of your record and the amount of offline games/challenges/tourneys there are)

Overall I think that Live has some great modes/features but just needs to go more detailed. I think this game was a VERY rough title that was released to remind people that they still have an NBA license and are trying for the future. I will be purchasing Live 15 because I think it will improve and there is a huge window of opportunity to win some customers back with 2K's overwhelming lack of care for its customers.

I give this game a 6.2/10

# 339 ManiacMatt1782 @ 03/31/14 12:17 PM
Speaking only from the demo. My retail copy arrives today, Interior defense leaves a lot to be desired. If shots arent blocked, there isn't enough altering and changing of shots. Also there does not seem to be very many fouls called regardless of how reckless you are in contesting shots. Enough negative for now, let me get into positive. Floor spacing. Phenominal. There feels like there is room to move in the half court. While I am still getting the feel for controls, when dribbling and driving, i feel much more in control than I have in other basketball games. However I was running into an issue when trying to quickly inbound the ball, there would be a 2nd pass that I did not want. The half time show would actually be good. If Jalen Rose wasn't stumbling over his own words the whole time. I know the whole espn thing, but they could try to get Wilbon or someone who can actually speak. The game isn't great, but it isn't as terrible asome people claim. It needs some things cleaned up. And a graphical overhaul, but so far, its an ok game, doing some things well, and needing work in other areas.

# 340 nick_sr @ 04/02/14 08:22 PM
after playing 2k, I will never take this game for granted again. #thelittlethings

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.