Home
MLB 14 The Show News Post

Check out the new MLB 14 The Show screenshots for the Sony PlayStation 4 and let us know your thoughts!

MLB 14 The Show arrives for PS3 and PS Vita on April 1st, while the PS4 version ships on May 6th.

MLB 14 The Show screenshot gallery - Click to view MLB 14 The Show screenshot gallery - Click to view MLB 14 The Show screenshot gallery - Click to view MLB 14 The Show screenshot gallery - Click to view MLB 14 The Show screenshot gallery - Click to view MLB 14 The Show screenshot gallery - Click to view MLB 14 The Show screenshot gallery - Click to view MLB 14 The Show screenshot gallery - Click to view
Game: MLB 14 The ShowReader Score: 8.5/10 - Vote Now
Platform: PS Vita / PS3 / PS4Votes for game: 12 - View All
MLB 14 The Show Videos
Member Comments
# 121 DodgerFanatic2K3 @ 03/19/14 04:12 AM

Did anyone else that's a Dodger fan notice immediately that they added the new blue umbrella bullpen overlook picnic tables but didn't remove the big ugly team store tent??

If at all possible stadium art guys please remove them because they are no longer there and have been replaced with actual brick & mortar team stores behind the pavillions that don't obstruct the view

# 122 merchant1874 @ 03/19/14 04:19 AM
The environments, lighting and stadiums look absolutely stunning!

I still think the uniform textures need some work. Specifically the scripts and logos.

I'll reserve full judgement though as looking at the sleeve patch on Chen it appears to have the dazzle material whereas the dodgers and braves scripts and logos still look terribly flat and very similar to the PS3 equivalents.

Given the time they have had though it does look amazing. Hopefully next year we will see work on player models, uniforms etc.

Well done SCEA

# 123 FiTMac @ 03/19/14 04:27 AM
As a former Xbox 360 owner and living in Europe, my last baseball game was MLB 2k11, as neither 12 or 13 were release in Europe. So I can't descripe how much I'm waiting for this game and how good these screenshots look

# 124 BSUFAN @ 03/19/14 05:10 AM
Finally some PS4 eye candy, for all those that don't like em,I feel sad for you. Awesome job guys, I can't wait till May 6th

# 125 JMD @ 03/19/14 05:57 AM
The only thing that bothers me is this isn't a football game. Those shots look great. Can't wait for May 6th. This game is the reason I bought a PS3 in 08 and it has never let me down. Should be amazing on the PS4.

# 126 JibJab 24 @ 03/19/14 07:01 AM
Game looks absolutely amazing! Can't wait for May 6 to get here.

Also, probably just grasping at straws, but it seems like there could be a pre-release demo. The early screens released a few months ago were of Fenway Park and the Red Sox. The team that Boston is playing in all the screens is St. Louis. Makes sense to have a demo of the past World Series teams playing at Fenway! Again, probably just wishful thinking, but....

# 127 THESHAMISASHAME @ 03/19/14 07:34 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by seanjeezy
I even stated that the lighting looks great and very next-gen, but in my eyes the textures of the players and the player models themselves look cross-gen, whereas NBA 2K on PS4 looks nothing like the PS3 version. In a vacuum the screens look great, but compared to other things for me some of the WOW factor wears off.

Real talk - when did voicing a contrasting opinion (especially in a discussion forum) become a bad thing? Lively (and sometimes heated) debate is what makes discussing something fun, otherwise it gets too sterile around here.
Judging only on what we've seen so far , Heyward's jersey # on his back looks to raised but the lighting looks good in the Puig photo and the gloves look great even the batting glove underneath !! but the player models (maybe cause they are built off a port from last gen ) just dont look as good as they could be almost like the ps3 and ps4 had a hi def baby .
In many cases I agree about the overdone ps4 zz top beards and hair slapped on a 3 year old last gen ps3 model that doesnt do the PS4 version proper justice so maybe SCEA should have just took a hit the first year on the ps4 and just rebuilt all new fresh player model from the ground up ?

Anyone else notice in one photo with the catcher in it kinda looks like the tortoise shell chest protectors are still in the game but its hard to tell .

# 128 Lovesports @ 03/19/14 07:47 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by A_Quiet_Pro
As I've said last month, the jersey's are CORRECT. The sleeves hang CORRECTLY. let the issue go.
Oh ok...no worries guys, it's all good. I'm sorry for existing, hope I didn't take up too much of your air.

But seriously, check your tone, no one will respect you talking to people like that. I could care less what your opinion was a month ago when we had less than a hand full of ps4 pics. Sleeves need work, period!

# 129 24 @ 03/19/14 07:48 AM
I just can't get over these. Even a day later. Flat out incredible job by SECA. Can't wait for release day.

# 130 PsychoBulk @ 03/19/14 07:59 AM
Oh my.

Just look at the detail in the crowd on this one...

They werent kidding about them being the same polygon count as PS3 players.

Insane detail, honestly the crowd improvements for me will add to the immersion as much as anything else.

Give yourselves a round of SCEA.

Tremendous.

# 131 BSUFAN @ 03/19/14 08:05 AM
WOW ( Sleeves need work, period! )

Thanks for noticing now move on please , if you don't like the product don't buy it !!!

# 132 kehlis @ 03/19/14 08:12 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by BSUFAN
Thanks for noticing now move on please , if you don't like the product don't buy it !!!
So those of us that like it can over and over say how much we like it but those who have criticism have to drop it immediately?

That's not how it works here. What's good for the goose is good for the gander.

# 133 dalger21 @ 03/19/14 08:13 AM
Two things:

1. Screenshots look great despite the whining on minor things such as Blue Jays jersey color or dirt.

2. You can't please everyone so there is no use in trying.

# 134 fiedler2k3 @ 03/19/14 08:19 AM
not that impressive, looks a lot like the PS3 version, clearly an upgraded port of the PS3 (like every other PS4 game out there, exept for Killzone) looks like I will have to wait longer to justify my PS4 console purchase, I can be sure that the commentary will also be the same, same square player models is unexcusable!

# 135 kehlis @ 03/19/14 08:23 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by A_Quiet_Pro
As I've said last month, the jersey's are CORRECT. The sleeves hang CORRECTLY. let the issue go.
Instead of coming off like a complete jerk for no apparent reason could you maybe explain this again for those of us that don't read every single post on the forum?

Very curious as to the "proof" you provided that that Puig picture wouldn't be a visual issue for those who care about that kind of stuff.

# 136 SVCbearcat10 @ 03/19/14 08:33 AM
When they release screenshots, there should be two separate forums. One for people appreciating them for what they are and what they could mean in the game and the other those who complain because they can.

Personally, I think these screens are great! It shows that there will be a big difference between PS3 and PS4 versions, graphically speaking. The shot of Heyward hitting could pass as a real shot at first glance.

There's comes a point in business where perfection isn't the best, and video games are a good example of that. Is it that big of a deal that they used Blue #46 on a jersey instead of Blue #47? So what if they numbers are 1/2" lower than they are in real life, or that the sleeves aren't 100% exactly as they should be and so on. The point is, if they cared to get every single, little, itty-bitty detail down then two things would happen: (1) it would never be released on time and/or (2) the game wouldn't be profitable and go out of business. They seem to have the heart and soul of the game of baseball down with 99% of the details correct. The cost of the final 1% isn't worth it when they can spend their time and resources elsewhere making the game better. Would I rather SCEA spend the next month making sure the sleeves are 100% perfect, or would I rather them work on animations and gameplay physics???

The small details will get addressed overtime and where it makes sense to. Those who think the devs don't care or aren't trying because some detail of a stadium isn't to your liking needs to get over yourselves. Compared to most other games, The Show puts them to shame. Just take a step back and appreciate the beauty and work of art the game really is!

# 137 barsoffury @ 03/19/14 08:36 AM
The screenshots look fantastic. Really love the lighting too. I'm noticing some familiar animations though but not an issue... I see the first baseman is still covering second base on balls coming in from the outfield. (Houston screenshot)

The detail is great though. Looking forward to the game.

# 138 PsychoBulk @ 03/19/14 08:43 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by fiedler2k3
clearly an upgraded port of the PS3
Its not a port in any way shape or form as confirmed by the developers.

Judging by most of your posts its clear you have an agenda here one would suggest.

edit: considering you started this gem of a thread http://www.operationsports.com/forum...-baseball.html then i think we'll take your opinions with a truckload of salt, and the rest.

# 139 Aggies7 @ 03/19/14 08:44 AM
So impressed with the details Especially the crowd in the background

# 140 ckarlic @ 03/19/14 08:49 AM
Loving the way this game is looking on the ps4. I'm biased but the screen shot of Yankees stadium looks great. Love the fans and the lighting. Looking forward to seeing this game in motion.

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.