Home
EA Sports UFC News Post

Check out the latest EA Sports UFC video featuring a full first round of action in the Octagon with Lightweight champ Anthony Pettis and Featherweight champ Jose Aldo.

What are your initial thoughts after seeing the first real gameplay action from the game?

Game: EA Sports UFCReader Score: 6/10 - Vote Now
Platform: PS4 / Xbox OneVotes for game: 7 - View All
EA Sports UFC Videos
Member Comments
# 1 DaveDQ @ 05/20/14 09:32 AM
At first I wasn't feeling that intro but then it really started to look good and especially sounded good. The crowd adds to the excitement and everything seems leveled properly. The commentary is so/so.

I definitely see the speed of the game and enjoyed watching arms and legs not just pop back into place but sort of deflect off of other body parts. It looks like players gas pretty easily but I'm not too crazy about how quickly a gassed player shoots into a takedown.

To me this was a pretty impressive gameplay video.

# 2 TheShizNo1 @ 05/20/14 09:32 AM
Looks good. I feel like it would look even better if whoever was playing wasn't trying haymakers the whole time.

# 3 godylla @ 05/20/14 09:33 AM
To me it looks like a good mix of arcade and realism for my tastes. I think I will have a lot of fun playing this game. Just from one watch-through, I do hope there is a general slider for "fight speed" as it seems things moved extremely fast paced. But other than that, I enjoyed what I saw.

# 4 howboutdat @ 05/20/14 09:38 AM
movements look rather choppy to me, not alot smooth about it IMO. kinda a let down there. gameplay looked as choppy as it did on the last UFC game on ps3. they really need to work on making players movements look much smoother.

# 5 aholbert32 @ 05/20/14 09:39 AM
Soooo many thoughts:

+ Intros look incredible and looks like EA did a better job at these than THQ (better hardware but still)

+ Good to see Also can fight at LW. Hopefully GSP can fight at MW too.

+ So many little things going on in the background. Ring girls going around the octagon during Pettis' intro. Aldo's corner going crazy in the background during the fight.

+ Love the amount of leg checks and love the standing elbows.

+ Love that stamina has a real effect. Pettis gasses because the person contolling him was throwing strikes non stop.

- Didnt love some of the takedown transitions. Looks like they are missing an animation as players go from sprawled to upright a little too quick.

- The Aldo slam into side control was a little much. Dont see that much coming from a straight double leg from a guy like Aldo.

# 6 m1ke_nyc @ 05/20/14 10:05 AM
That looked good to me. The intro was great. The crowd and atmosphere is freaking nuts. Obviously the guys were throwing alot of wild punches sorta spamming the stand up controls but I could see the potential for when you play a little smarter. IMO this is the most impressive graphics ive seen on this gen so far. Already got my pre order in, cant wait to get this game. I'd like to see a vid with more technical players who explore the ground game.

# 7 Coolade @ 05/20/14 10:06 AM
The movement is slower at the higher weight classes FYI, its been confirmed by other off screen footage this morning. Also, watch it on youtube in 1080p, it's amazing.

# 8 Shaffer26 @ 05/20/14 10:25 AM
I'm pretty impressed with it. Not the biggest UFC fan, but I might give this a try.

# 9 rkocjay @ 05/20/14 10:31 AM
yea may give it a try want to see reviews first

# 10 chrisphil1724 @ 05/20/14 10:31 AM
From a gameplay point of view, it seems a step to quick however it could be a different story when we are playing the game. Just looks a bit concerning when the fighters are snapping around because they seem to be moving faster than any human can move.

I felt THQ nailed the presentation of the UFC however EA has not quite reached that same bar. I listed a couple things I noticed; however I also know this is EA's first UFC game... and I'm nitpicking...big-time.

- Announcing is very choppy and much of the play-by-play lacks energy; Bruce Buffer is also choppy and inconsistent from line to line

- This is little but a part of the UFC presentation, the ref is introduced after the fighters

- Jose Aldo is shot from a telescoped camera and not in-ring during his introduction

# 11 jeremym480 @ 05/20/14 10:36 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheShizNo1
Looks good. I feel like it would look even better if whoever was playing wasn't trying haymakers the whole time.
Agreed. The game certainly looks fun. Whether it's arcade or not, it's hard to tell from this video. I'd love how a user vs. AI fight plays out where the user is primarily a counter-striker. Hopefully, this is just the start of a flood of gameplay videos over the next week or two.

# 12 aholbert32 @ 05/20/14 10:58 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by chrisphil1724
From a gameplay point of view, it seems a step to quick however it could be a different story when we are playing the game. Just looks a bit concerning when the fighters are snapping around because they seem to be moving faster than any human can move.

I felt THQ nailed the presentation of the UFC however EA has not quite reached that same bar. I listed a couple things I noticed; however I also know this is EA's first UFC game... and I'm nitpicking...big-time.

- Announcing is very choppy and much of the play-by-play lacks energy; Bruce Buffer is also choppy and inconsistent from line to line

- This is little but a part of the UFC presentation, the ref is introduced after the fighters

- Jose Aldo is shot from a telescoped camera and not in-ring during his introduction
Not during the main event/title fights. EA actually got this part right.

# 13 Pappy Knuckles @ 05/20/14 11:21 AM
I know a lot of people were saying that the game movements looked sluggish/choppy in some of the other videos, but I'm not seeing that at all. It looks smoother than the last game did for sure.

I'm loving the audio of the strikes in this video. Sounds very realistic.

This video did nothing to dissuade me from purchasing the game. Looking forward to seeing more with different weight classes and user fighting styles to form even more impressions.

# 14 BQ32 @ 05/20/14 11:25 AM
I'm going to say WOW, some of you dudes nitpicking are ridiculous. Choppy movements? this had the most fluid movement of any sim style fighter I have ever seen and I was an elite fight night player. By far the best graphics I have seen displayed in any game. The intro, though I won't watch many, was unbelievable, the background is great (ring card girls walking around, judges, corner men). These are lighter weight world class fighters and guess what, they actually do move that fast. Now realistically they would not throw that much because they would burn out early. Hopefully that is represented in the game, but they were showing off a single round and probably wanted to pack it with action.

The stand up looked better then the ground game understandably as this is the fight night crew making the game. The foot planting and movement looked nice while a lot of defensive tools were shown i.e. the movement, standard blocking, parry system, and a head sway. The strikes looked quite authentic, Aldo was throwing a lot of crazy kicks out there but I can see how to exploit that tactic easily just from watching.

On the ground it did look like the transitions were quite quick getting back up to standing which is not authentic but will probably keep the game moving. However I am a boxing guy first and MMA second so this would favor my style and makes my opinion on this matter a bit biased.

All and all, I am VERY IMPRESSED. Hope the exploits are minimal and it plays as good as it looks. Can't wait for the demo.

# 15 chrisphil1724 @ 05/20/14 11:31 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by aholbert32
Not during the main event/title fights. EA actually got this part right.
Thanks for the correction!

# 16 JoeMimic @ 05/20/14 11:47 AM
I really liked the video. I do wish that they'd record a few versions of Buffer announcing people though. He doesn't have any extra umph in the intro's like he would for a main event title fight like that. He sounds like he's doing a prelim fight.

# 17 m1ke_nyc @ 05/20/14 11:48 AM
I hope the accelerated clock is a optional thing.

# 18 Escobeats @ 05/20/14 11:54 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by BQ32
I'm going to say WOW, some of you dudes nitpicking are ridiculous. Choppy movements? this had the most fluid movement of any sim style fighter I have ever seen and I was an elite fight night player. By far the best graphics I have seen displayed in any game. The intro, though I won't watch many, was unbelievable, the background is great (ring card girls walking around, judges, corner men). These are lighter weight world class fighters and guess what, they actually do move that fast. Now realistically they would not throw that much because they would burn out early. Hopefully that is represented in the game, but they were showing off a single round and probably wanted to pack it with action.

The stand up looked better then the ground game understandably as this is the fight night crew making the game. The foot planting and movement looked nice while a lot of defensive tools were shown i.e. the movement, standard blocking, parry system, and a head sway. The strikes looked quite authentic, Aldo was throwing a lot of crazy kicks out there but I can see how to exploit that tactic easily just from watching.

On the ground it did look like the transitions were quite quick getting back up to standing which is not authentic but will probably keep the game moving. However I am a boxing guy first and MMA second so this would favor my style and makes my opinion on this matter a bit biased.

All and all, I am VERY IMPRESSED. Hope the exploits are minimal and it plays as good as it looks. Can't wait for the demo.
"By far the best graphics I have seen displayed in any game."

Bruh lets not exaggerate in here. Game indeed looks hot but don't act like this is all perfect because that's simply not true. Sweat, audio, reactions to the punches are on point. Plus I don't think they're nit-picking because they make valid points and gave the game props where it looked really good.

# 19 Escobeats @ 05/20/14 11:56 AM
Looks awesome love the touches with the sweat and audio when contact is made. Sounds and looks realistic, can't wait to try it out.

# 20 aholbert32 @ 05/20/14 12:16 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ratedmoney
I hope the accelerated clock is a optional thing.
It is. They have a real clock option too.

« Previous12345Next »

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.