Home
Madden NFL 15 News Post

EA Sports has just released the first official trailer for Madden NFL 15, featuring Carolina Panthers linebacker and Defensive Player of the Year Luke Kuechly.

They have also released details on Madden NFL 15 Ultimate Edition, which includes 30 Madden Ultimate Team pro packs and a draft class pack featuring 10 of the first round draft picks from the 2014 NFL Draft.

You can also see a few new Madden NFL 15 screenshots here.

Deliver on Defense

Set the tone on defense with more control thanks to an all-new arsenal of pass rush moves, contain the open field with intuitive tackling mechanics, and play as a team with redesigned zone and man coverage logic all while being immersed in the play from the other side of the line, with defensive player lock cameras. Madden NFL 15 delivers on defense.

NFL Films Inspired Presentation

Relive the greatest moments in games played with dynamic pre-game and halftime shows , and get your all-access field pass with NFL Films inspired in-game camera angles dropping you right in the heart of an NFL game. Gain a new perspective of the game with six new gameplay cameras to toggle through pre snap on every play. Madden NFL 15 features NFL Films inspired presentation.

Know Your Opponent

Call your plays with confidence using data from millions of online games played by Madden gamers and test your new found skills through intense challenges and conditions in The Gauntlet. Madden NFL 15 gives you the advantage to know your opponent.

Madden NFL 15 arrives on August 26th for Xbox One, PS4, PS3 and Xbox 360.

Read the full press release below.

Fans Get First Look at Gameplay and New Trailer Starring Luke Kuechly

Madden Season is right around the corner, as today EA SPORTS released the first official gameplay video for Madden NFL 15. The video, featuring Carolina Panthers linebacker Luke Kuechly, underscores the key focus in this year’s game, a commitment to improved defense.

New defensive features and mechanics allow fans to transform into their rival’s worst nightmare, with an arsenal of new pass rush moves, new open-field tackling mechanics, new defensive cameras and much more. More details surrounding Madden NFL 15, including in-depth info on defensive improvements, presentation enhancements and more will be announced next week at E3.

Madden NFL 15 is developed in Orlando, Florida by EA Tiburon and will be available on August 26 in North America and on August 29 in the EU for Xbox One, the all-in-one entertainment system from Microsoft and the PlayStation®4 computer entertainment system. A version of Madden NFL 15 will also release on Xbox 360® video game and entertainment system and the PlayStation®3 entertainment system. To learn more about Madden NFL 15, visit http://www.easports.com/madden-nfl.

Madden NFL 15 screenshot gallery - Click to view Madden NFL 15 screenshot gallery - Click to view Madden NFL 15 screenshot gallery - Click to view
Game: Madden NFL 15Reader Score: 6.5/10 - Vote Now
Platform: PS3 / PS4 / Xbox 360 / Xbox OneVotes for game: 42 - View All
Madden NFL 15 Videos
Member Comments
# 141 Only1LT @ 06/06/14 02:47 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by CM Hooe
Just curious, where's you 14m number coming from? I assumed 2004 when Madden 05 and NFL 2K5 released, but those two games combined didn't sell 10m according to VGChartz and most certainly there was some crossover in sales between the two games; I know I bought both.
They are coming from memory admittedly. From what I remember, Madden sold around 8-9mil copies of 2005 on all plats and 2k sold just under 4mil. So really not 14mil but 12-13mil.

I have not checked VGchartz, but those numbers were stuck in my head from other articles I had read, and I have a pretty good memory. I also don't know if VG counts PC or not.

Either way, if I am wrong and it isn't 12-13mil but 10mil, my argument still stands. The only thing that changes is the percentage of the target audience lost. It's still a huge % though.

# 142 asu666 @ 06/06/14 02:51 PM
Finally getting decent presentation would go a long way towards killing off the ghost of NFL 2K5. I'm excited about the pre-game and half time shows.

# 143 Skyboxer @ 06/06/14 02:51 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by greenfrog
EA sports its in the game yea right !!!!!
Great contribution to the thread.

------------------

One of the many reasons of your "Why?" question Sage.

I really want to discuss and help get what we ALL want in the game.
Just the constant drive by bashes make it not worth it.
If most that do care about the game would help weed out these constant posts that don't do anything, instead of liking every post, we may get somewhere eventually.

And with that I'm out. Will hope to have some serious discussions in the furture after EA and the months before release.

# 144 dghustla @ 06/06/14 02:58 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by BezO
I was going to respond to a few of your statements, but this will do.

I haven't looked at the OS rules in a long time, but things tend to go smooth when folks keep their opinions on the games and off other members. Just saying.

But to respond, I know what football looks like and I know what changes I've been waiting for Madden to make. A few seconds of certain plays is all I need. Outside runs are one of those plays. What the o-line does and how the d-line reacts is one of the things I used to critique very hard. How the contain & force defenders react is another. Nothing's changed in regard to what I know should happen.

Show me a few seconds of a drop back pass and I'll instantly know if they've addressed my concerns on those types of plays. Show me a QB scrambling out of the pocket...

Your version and my version of plays well are different. Our expectations are different. Respect that and stop name calling. I'm not saying anything about you personally because you like what I feel is not much more than a prettier Tecmo Bowl.
Amen!!!

Oh and if you watch the clip of JJ WATT clubbing the Olineman and ignore him and only watch the Jags QB, drop back animations have not been addressed.

# 145 CM Hooe @ 06/06/14 03:05 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by wackyoldman
NFL2K has this mythical following. The game had issues. It's running game was WAY TOO EASY for one. I thought the player models were lacking. Online? Well, 2k seems to have issues with online play in all their games....Just look at NBA2k14. Yes, NFL2K had some nice gameplay features...some very innovative. However, people give that game way too much credit. And to judge Madden 15 on 20 secs of trailer footage? Really?
Quote:
Originally Posted by wackyoldman
Those 2K5 numbers are misleading. They sold the game for $19.99 to try to grab market share. That's why they lost the NFL license. So we don't know how well 2k5 would have sold at $49.99
Steering the discussion a bit - there's some talk about NFL 2K in reference to Madden in this thread which has gone unchecked up to this point, but talking about the merits of NFL 2K in isolation of Madden should go in the NFL 2K forum, please.

Thanks.

# 146 SageInfinite @ 06/06/14 03:06 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Skyboxer
Great contribution to the thread.

------------------

One of the many reasons of your "Why?" question Sage.

I really want to discuss and help get what we ALL want in the game.
Just the constant drive by bashes make it not worth it.
If most that do care about the game would help weed out these constant posts that don't do anything, instead of liking every post, we may get somewhere eventually.

And with that I'm out. Will hope to have some serious discussions in the furture after EA and the months before release.
I respect that.

# 147 Aggies7 @ 06/06/14 03:07 PM
That's the second mention of Halftime and Pre Game shows. Wish they would actually show it in action. Still worried it's going to be a basic highlight package like we have seen for years with the small addition of NFL Films.

# 148 kgbrolic @ 06/06/14 03:08 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blzer
Are you saying "the same as M25" or "the same as the Kaep picture"? If it's the former, I agree with you. If it's the latter... I don't really know where your argument is going with YT compression haha.
I felt nothing after watching this clip.

www.youtube.com/watch?v=R97TsVDC1BY

# 149 SageInfinite @ 06/06/14 03:08 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ryank197
Youre kidding yourself.

Even if the discussions on here "bash free", that wouldnt change anything.

And no offense, but you just sound like someone who cant handle people criticizing Madden...criticisms that are entirely legit that EA has continously ignored....even from the people who have been civil about it for the last 7 or 8 years.
When you enjoy a game, some people just don't want to hear it "bashed".

# 150 SageInfinite @ 06/06/14 03:09 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by dghustla
Amen!!!

Oh and if you watch the clip of JJ WATT clubbing the Olineman and ignore him and only watch the Jags QB, drop back animations have not been addressed.
What exactly is the drop back issue?

# 151 Junior Moe @ 06/06/14 03:12 PM
You can save yourself a lot of heartache and pain by just acknowledging that Madden will always be "Madden" at its core. It's really that simple. Madden still plays and animates like it did during the PS2, XBOX1 era. I can still use the same moves to get my wideout open on the X1 that I used on the original XBOX. Until you are playing and experiencing for yourself a fundamentally different game, it is what it is...

I did expect a little more from the trailer. Overall it was alright. I know that I am gonna purchase Madden 15, because I always do, maybe it will exceed my expectations. I am not banking on it, though. I will get what enjoyment I can from the title and move on.

# 152 MajorSupreme @ 06/06/14 03:18 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by SageInfinite
What exactly is the drop back issue?
Yeah? I know people don't like the robotic throwing, but what's up with the drop back?

# 153 Skyboxer @ 06/06/14 03:27 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ryank197
Youre kidding yourself.

Even if the discussions on here "bash free", that wouldnt change anything.

And no offense, but you just sound like someone who cant handle people criticizing Madden...criticisms that are entirely legit that EA has continously ignored....even from the people who have been civil about it for the last 7 or 8 years.
Have zero clue what you're talking about, zero. I've been very vocal of EA and Madden during these years. I just choose to do it like an adult and not post the same asinine comments time and time again or pop in with a "EA suxs dudes" then leave.
Some get off on that and enjoy "liking" them every time.
Whatever.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SageInfinite
When you enjoy a game, some people just don't want to hear it "bashed".
And to a point you are correct absolutely.
However I think you know I am vocal and critical of EA. I just choose to try and do it in a productive way.

Looking forward to E3 and any new info we may get. Crosses fingers that there are improvments.

# 154 dghustla @ 06/06/14 03:27 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by MajorSupreme
Yeah? I know people don't like the robotic throwing, but what's up with the drop back?
No technical issue with the drop backs, i was just pointing out that the animation appeared to be the same, for those who were hoping that they added some new variations or signature styles. It could be coming at a later date as we know the biggest reveals are at least a month away.

# 155 Skyboxer @ 06/06/14 03:30 PM
I'd kill for a new passing system.
Something new. Keep the way it is for those that like it but for the love of God give us some options.

Can't wait to see some real video of an actual game being played by a user.
that will show a lot.

# 156 RandyBass @ 06/06/14 03:31 PM
I failed before... But I am different now...

A not so subtle message there.

I like that they are working on defense and all, but if there still is no pass interference does it even matter?

Also, that JJ Watt club move seemed a bit excessive, with the offensive lineman going flying.

I failed before... But I am different now...

Yeah, new marketing campaign.

# 157 Only1LT @ 06/06/14 03:40 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Skyboxer
I'd kill for a new passing system.
Something new. Keep the way it is for those that like it but for the love of God give us some options.

Can't wait to see some real video of an actual game being played by a user.
that will show a lot.
I was with you all the way until you said keep it as is, as an option lol. Still liked the post.

# 158 MajorSupreme @ 06/06/14 03:45 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike Lowery
You mean besides the fact that they look nothing like real life and have been the same for the past 10 years?

This is how it should be
http://youtu.be/938f14uJhVw
Fair point, that would be great to see.

# 159 BezO @ 06/06/14 03:50 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by dghustla
The drop back animation isn't the best, but my conerns with drop back passes are more about the speed/depth of the speed rush vs the QB's drop, depth/angle of the OT's kick step... pocket stuff... and timing of the drop & pass patterns.

And that Watt club is way out of context IMO. D-linemen don't club, at least not with that type of success, during a stationary hand fight. That's a move typically used after getting the o-lineman's momentum going. I grew up watching Reggie White use that move. Never once do I remember him clubbing a 300 lb man off his feet without using his momentum against him.

---------------

When I compare Madden to the great sports titles, NBA 2K & MLB The Show, Madden doesn't fit. Sure you can cheese in 2K and get to the lane easier than real life. You can dunk easier than real life. You might be able to hit HRs at a higher clip in The Show than real life. The Show has some quirks that remind you it's a video game. But in single player modes, or 2 sim players playing, you can make the game look quite realistic, get realistic stats, realistic outcomes, etc. But I'm an offline gamer. Both games might require some slider adjustments, but it's very possible.

With Madden, no matter how sim your style is, no matter what sliders you change, the game will never look real to me. Fundamental football AI is not present. Key animations/interactions are missing. The timing of many animations are off. With the best intentions, Madden is not capable of looking anything like what I expect. These are things I notice immediately when looking at even the shortest trailers.

# 160 vpizzle28 @ 06/06/14 03:50 PM
I liked the video. Call me crazy, but I mostly play online with a couple of friends, and then Ranked.

These are the 2 things I want.

Fairplay back!
CB vs. WR interation.

Also a Highlight stick for WR. That's all.

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.