Home
Madden NFL 15 News Post

Check out the latest Madden NFL 15 gameplay video, submitted by SimFBallCritic.

Game: Madden NFL 15Reader Score: 6.5/10 - Vote Now
Platform: PS3 / PS4 / Xbox 360 / Xbox OneVotes for game: 42 - View All
Madden NFL 15 Videos
Member Comments
# 21 Moegames @ 06/28/14 06:46 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by GiantBlue76
The very first thing that comes to mind for me is the player movement. It's so fast! Everything happens way to fast and twitchy. It's absolutely KILLING this game. .
And your basing this assumption from a super highly compressed Youtube video running at 30fps? Of course its going to be fast and twitchy...

back on topic: I personally thought the gameplay looked pretty good...and definately better AI than last Madden on the new consoles. I really love the visuals and atmosphere now..they are finally hitting on the presentation stuff nicely. Visuals are also a HUGE HUGE improvement over M25, im honestly super impressed with visuals.

Overall i really like what i am seeing and it looks to be a fun playing game but like the guy said...you never can fully grasp the feel of the game until you actually play it and while some people may think thats BS..its true, you really gotta play the game to get the feel honestly because i found this to be true with so many games but yeah, the game has a lot of improvements and the AI logic is much better imho along with plenty of other improvements that is probably going to make it a buy for me.

# 22 MajorSupreme @ 06/28/14 06:56 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by jpdavis82
25 was the first year with Cam & Rex working together and the first year that they were able to implement things that were part of the plan. Rex said it himself, 15 is year two. Rex wasnt even there until 25.
Hahaha see? The "wait till next year, there's 'plan' " returns each and every year. I love it haha.

# 23 carnalnirvana @ 06/28/14 07:19 PM
youtube compression isn't making players(d linemen) turn on a dime thats the twitchy people are talking about. the movement is what it is...

this notion that the game must be played to to justify it being new is EXACTLY what is wrong with madden..

the same eye sores are still there but if you play it the new controls or audibles will be new... but nothing else

i should be able to see 4 cpu plays especially on offense and know that this is a new game...

if this game was really a new game

1. the cpu qb would step up in a pocket and deliver passes instead of standing like a statue until sacked, they need to just move around. STILL HAVEN'T SEEN THAT.

2. A pocket would form and DL can be disruptive while still engaged.. NOPE not yet

3.DB would touch WR down the field and not only on the LOS, yes its illegal but its time illegal stuff start triggering so we can see penalties

4. Cpu playcalling, so far its mixed but looks promising i still saw the 4 verts when someone played seattle(cpu) . but this vid was positive...

so yeah a madden junkie like me can see if the game really improved (offline)from 2 mins of footage....

# 24 thesubmittedone @ 06/28/14 07:34 PM
The fact that this game is an improvement over previous iterations doesn't negate the fact that it's a massive disappointment. There is absolutely nothing next gen about it in my mind. Nothing. Same engine, same canned animations, perhaps the most poorly implemented physics engine in all of gaming, and the whole "ignite" crap they were touting at the beginning of next gen seems to be gone. Where are all the "development assets" from "all the teams at EA" that are improving this game that this ignite engine was supposed to make happen?

I don't believe for one second that this exact gameplay isn't possible on PS3/360. I don't believe their "tons more AI calculations/second" crap. It's all bs. Tons more for them, maybe... but only because they were way below average in the previous gen and not because these new systems gave them improved performance. The player models are certainly improved and are, perhaps, the only thing "next gen" about this game. That's it.

This is an update unlike previous Madden's since 2006. Some of those updates improved the game immensely, of course, but they were still just updates on the same broken engine. All it is. Anyone else claiming otherwise is delusional at best. I hate myself for believing jpdavis last year when he said this would be the one where we finally say Madden has arrived. No, it hasn't. It's a decent game at best and compares horribly to other sports games in its class.

So disappointed. It's so frustrating. I'll still buy the game because I love the Redskins and want so desperately to play as them. It stinks that I'm part of the problem and I know it.

# 25 The_Balm @ 06/28/14 09:18 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr.Smif
The canned animations is killing the game, when a tackle animation starts surrounding defenders just stop playing when they should attempt to help out on the tackle, the user controlling the game can just stop playing too once a tackle animation starts they play is over. The on field presentation is nice though.
This drives be crazy! For years EA has talked about how you can now branch out of tackle animations, but all the time you get those animations when AI knows that you are going down 100% of the time and they stop. Like the one where you're stumbling and the defense just starts backing away from the ballcarrier or the one where one defender spins you around. Many of the animations look like you could breakout of them in real life too.

# 26 jpdavis82 @ 06/28/14 09:24 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by SamuraiX
Duuuuuuuuuuuude come on! You said this SAME EXACT THING last year when 25 was coming out. "If Madden 15 isn't the greatest then I'm losing all hope". Now it's 16? Geez man.

And drawing conclusions based on past experiences is something most intelligent people do.
I understand, but, I didn't realize that 15 would be the first true next gen title, 15 is basically turning out to be what I thought/ was led to believe, that 25 would be. 25 ended up being a port, so I'm giving them one more year to deliver that title we've been wanting. With that being said, I have a feeling once 15 drops many of you will be pleasantly surprised once you actually play it. Read the gameplay impressions article from drifter bub of tradition sports, he couldn't stand 25 and was pretty impressed with 15 in many ways. I look forward to reading what many of you have to say once you actually play the game and aren't just watching a YouTube video of an alpha build game. There were quite a few people who said some pretty harsh things about 25 next gen and once they played it, actually enjoyed it, I expect that number to be even higher this time.

Bottom line, 16 is the third year of the 3 year plan and I expect nothing less than excellence and there's no excuses for anything less.

Oh and as far as past conclusions, show me a team with the leadership and vision supporting sim football from 2006 until Cam Weber came. This team inherited a mess of a game, it's their job to fix the last 7 years of garbage, does anyone here realistically think thats possible in 1-2 years? When has a game that has so many issues and problems, gone from poor to phenomenal in that amount of time? Now just watch, in the next year or two what happens, greatness is around the corner. Madden was always a AAA title before 2006, so lets not pretend that greatness is beyond the Madden name.

# 27 Malcd9583 @ 06/28/14 09:35 PM
Quote:
I understand, but, I didn't realize that 15 would be the first true next gen title, 15 is basically turning out to be what I thought/ was led to believe, that 25 would be. 25 ended up being a port, so I'm giving them one more year to deliver that title we've been wanting. With that being said, I have a feeling once 15 drops many of you will be pleasantly surprised once you actually play it. Read the gameplay impressions article from drifter bub of tradition sports, he couldn't stand 25 and was pretty impressed with 15 in many ways. I look forward to reading what many of you have to say once you actually play the game and aren't just watching a YouTube video of an alpha build game. There were quite a few people who said some pretty harsh things about 25 next gen and once they played it, actually enjoyed it, I expect that number to be even higher this time.

Bottom line, 16 is the third year of the 3 year plan and I expect nothing less than excellence and there's no excuses for anything less.

Oh and as far as past conclusions, show me a team with the leadership and vision supporting sim football from 2006 until Cam Weber came. This team inherited a mess of a game, it's their job to fix the last 7 years of garbage, does anyone here realistically think thats possible in 1-2 years? When has a game that has so many issues and problems, gone from poor to phenomenal in that amount of time? Now just watch, in the next year or two what happens, greatness is around the corner. Madden was always a AAA title before 2006, so lets not pretend that greatness is beyond the Madden name.
Are you a competitive online player or do you play against the cpu?

# 28 schnaidt1 @ 06/28/14 10:06 PM
i cant do it anymore....i only made it 3 minutes into that video before having to turn it off....i wasted 3 minutes of my life to find out what i already knew...this is the same trash madden since 07.....player movement is scripted and unrealistic.....ball physics are atrocious. players move to fast for the movements they are making...nothing about it looks for feels improved or realistic in what we should have if you compare it to what 2k15..mlb the show. ....the game looks pretty....ill give it that.....but this is the 7th year in a row they havent listened to the fans and gave us what we want...what a bunch of bull.

# 29 Kramer5150 @ 06/28/14 10:07 PM
Quote:

I cannot believe this,I'm just utterly speechless at this point.

So much backtracking here,I,I just can't believe it..

# 30 jpdavis82 @ 06/28/14 10:29 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by schnaidt1
i cant do it anymore....i only made it 3 minutes into that video before having to turn it off....i wasted 3 minutes of my life to find out what i already knew...this is the same trash madden since 07.....player movement is scripted and unrealistic.....ball physics are atrocious. players move to fast for the movements they are making...nothing about it looks for feels improved or realistic in what we should have if you compare it to what 2k15..mlb the show. ....the game looks pretty....ill give it that.....but this is the 7th year in a row they havent listened to the fans and gave us what we want...what a bunch of bull.
Same since 07????? I think you need a reminder

http://youtu.be/1fWDMRXJhn4

# 31 jpdavis82 @ 06/28/14 10:30 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Malcd9583
Are you a competitive online player or do you play against the cpu?
Vs CPU the majority of the time, online too.

# 32 FBall Life @ 06/28/14 11:09 PM
Quote:
Why do you keep saying this? Just because you believe it doesn't make it a fact! We have factual information. Look at the quotes and links provided earlier. It's a FACT, regardless of what you believe, that the last three year plan started with Madden 12!

# 33 MAGboyswifT27 @ 06/28/14 11:18 PM
There's going to be positives and negatives to the game, we all know that. But I'm probably more anxious for the game because this year we don't have a NCAA title to keep us busy until Madden comes out. I don't have my 360 or NCAA anymore so Madden 25 is going to have to give me company until Madden 15 drops.

# 34 poopie @ 06/28/14 11:25 PM
It shouldn't take 3 years...If u look at the leap 2k made from 2k3 to 2k4 it was a quick turnaround a totally different game and it was even better the next year...and on lesser powered systems....either EA is playing us or the people in charge are incompetent...MLB the show started out great from day one and has gotten better and better every year...The Madden engine is broken..PERIOD...I enjoy football just as much as anyone else...but this isn't a good replication of the sport

# 35 roadman @ 06/28/14 11:29 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by FBall Life
Why do you keep saying this? Just because you believe it doesn't make it a fact! We have factual information. Look at the quotes and links provided earlier. It's a FACT, regardless of what you believe, that the last three year plan started with Madden 12!
And the one before that started in 09 and the one before that started in 06.

That's why I don't put much credence to these 3 yr plan crappola's.

Whenever a new regime comes in, a new and improved 3 yr plan is mapped out.

It's all marketing.

I don't judge 3 yr plans, I take it year by year.

PS- Also, Cam Weber came in the middle of 12. Heck, the ideas were already hatched out and the game was already in Beta by then.

I don't really consider 12 Cam Weber's vision of Madden.

# 36 FBall Life @ 06/28/14 11:41 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by roadman
Regardless, Cam stated HIMSELF that 12 was the first year of a three year plan. So that's that.

# 37 OhMrHanky @ 06/28/14 11:50 PM
Not that it matters, 3 yr plan, when it started, who was in charge, etc. But, I have to say I think it was 10-12. That was a 3 year cycle with the same engine. I don't care who was in charge when, but 13 introduced a completely new/different engine than they had ever used. So, for me, 13 was absolutely the beginning of a 'cycle'. So, 15 would be the 3rd year. So, I'm assuming 16 will go back to pro-tak and completely scrap the infinity RTP engine. Lol. I hope not. I hope they keep improving here. But, hearing someone say the current cycle started with 12 just doesn't work. Sadly, whether they do RTP or canned animations (or, a mix of both which is what we seem to have now), they seem to be using the same AI logic from madden 92. Lol. The same pursuit angles, the same underlying base gameplay. I actually think 15 looks good so far and am actually looking forward to playing it, but there is definitely something inherent, underneath all the covers that make the AI the hardest thing for the developers to get right.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

# 38 jpdavis82 @ 06/28/14 11:53 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by FBall Life
Cam wasnt even there for most of Madden 12, FACT

http://www.gameinformer.com/b/featur...of-madden.aspx

# 39 FBall Life @ 06/28/14 11:57 PM
Quote:
Cam wasnt even there for most of Madden 12, FACT

http://www.gameinformer.com/b/featur...of-madden.aspx
And yet HE stated HIMSELF that 12 was the first year of the three year plan! HE SAID IT! Why can't you accept that?

# 40 jpdavis82 @ 06/29/14 12:03 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by roadman
And the one before that started in 09 and the one before that started in 06.

That's why I don't put much credence to these 3 yr plan crappola's.

Whenever a new regime comes in, a new and improved 3 yr plan is mapped out.

It's all marketing.

I don't judge 3 yr plans, I take it year by year.

PS- Also, Cam Weber came in the middle of 12. Heck, the ideas were already hatched out and the game was already in Beta by then.

I don't really consider the 3 year plans of the past legit. Where was the follow through, what did they build off of? Every year back then Madden felt different and never seemed to go anywhere. Regardless of how you look at it, only now are we seeing the game progress and build off of each title. 13 was the first year Cam was around, but I believe his plan was something that was only possible on next gen consoles. So for 25 to be the first year they started to implement his plan, makes perfect sense. 15 clearly is building off of 25 and 16 will build off of 15. 25 built off of 13, but that doesn't mean they implemented the things that were part of cam's plan then. Going back to Cam's first interview after he was hired, he talked about improving pre and post play animations, 15 is the first time we're really seeing that happen, he also talked about O/D line interactions, 25 was the first year for that. WR/DB interactions are also part of his plan, as are improved player movement animations.

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.