Home
Madden NFL 15 News Post

Check out the latest Madden NFL 15 gameplay video, submitted by SimFBallCritic.

Game: Madden NFL 15Reader Score: 6.5/10 - Vote Now
Platform: PS3 / PS4 / Xbox 360 / Xbox OneVotes for game: 42 - View All
Madden NFL 15 Videos
Member Comments
# 101 SageInfinite @ 06/30/14 10:23 AM
Tiburon and the drones love talking tech. They always building tech but it never works as intended, or does it? Lol. Hopefully it gets better at some point.

# 102 roadman @ 06/30/14 10:27 AM
I need to admit the crowd swells are much better this year, that appears to be a nice improvement.

# 103 msdm27 @ 06/30/14 10:30 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by jpdavis82
In old gen the 2nd defender would just fall off though, trust me this is phase one of gang tackling, the tech for organic falls & collisions is new this year.
I will refer to the bolded part... "trust me..."

You heard this from another person, who might or might not know what he's talking about.... Why would you go as far asking people to trust you when this is nowhere close first hand information for you?

This is not mean spirited but I just don't understand why the need to assure others of things as if you knew for sure, when your source is someone who heard it from someone who heard it from someone.

See, what "irritates" people about you is the fact that you post as if you knew for sure what's in store for the upcoming years, when in reality, you're just assuming as much as any other poster here.

In the end, this has little to do with the specific topic, so I apologize for the tangent, just wanted to point that out...

Sometimes it's better not to talk with "absolute certainty", specially when the talk is about a company that has made of name for over-promising & under-delivering year in and year out.

# 104 jpdavis82 @ 06/30/14 10:38 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by msdm27
I will refer to the bolded part... "trust me..."

You heard this from another person, who might or might not know what he's talking about.... Why would you go as far asking people to trust you when this is nowhere close first hand information for you?

This is not mean spirited but I just don't understand why the need to assure others of things as if you knew for sure, when your source is someone who heard it from someone who heard it from someone.

See, what "irritates" people about you is the fact that you post as if you knew for sure what's in store for the upcoming years, when in reality, you're just assuming as much as any other poster here.

In the end, this has little to do with the specific topic, so I apologize for the tangent, just wanted to point that out...

Sometimes it's better not to talk with "absolute certainty", specially when the talk is about a company that has made of name for over-promising & under-delivering year in and year out.
My source is someone who went to EA, not someone from someone from someone. Sim has been spot on about stuff like this, remember before M13 he gave the hint about physics in the steelers bengals kick return video. He also told us last year about how they were working on pass rush for M15

# 105 StefJoeHalt @ 06/30/14 10:39 AM
Quote:
In old gen the 2nd defender would just fall off though, trust me this is phase one of gang tackling, the tech for organic falls & collisions is new this year.

I'll have to double check and fire up Madden..so if I'm understanding u right..what they worked on...was the second defender "not failing off"..so next year they work on the second defender staying in tackle? At that pace we won't have a third defender till 2017...so complete gang tacking in 2020? 2025?

Edit: JP I'm going to have to call shenanigans..I see this in 25 old gen..change slider for roughing the kicker to 67..and so are they working fixing the system? The sliders? Or do they just not know

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

# 106 KG @ 06/30/14 10:42 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by phenom2311
Running animations (with ball) are so bad. That's a shame, because of the improvement with the overall player models. Maybe next year they will have more natural looking running animations.
That was one of the first things I noticed. On the read option keeper by Kap his running style just looked off. I know he's a unique runner with his long strides but I also noticed this on a few of those runs by Marshawn. They both have very unique running styles so maybe that's why I was so disappointed.

# 107 msdm27 @ 06/30/14 10:44 AM
Quote:
My source is someone who went to EA, not someone from someone from someone. Sim has been spot on about stuff like this, remember before M13 he gave the hint about physics in the steelers bengals kick return video. He also told us last year about how they were working on pass rush for M15
That's not the point, as much as Sim "knows", he doesn't know if these things will come into fruition.... he might, at best, seen a demo for something; that, by no means implies that something will for sure be implemented in next editions of the game.

And Sim, or any gamechanger, does fall under the "someone from someone from someone" category as I'm pretty sure they haven't been shown anything concrete yet for M16. And even if they had been shown something, they wouldn't have confirmed anything publicly on twitter to you or to anyone.

Point is:
They say....
"trust me, the things we want are coming in the future...."

And you read...
"new animation system, true step for 22 players, more in depth CFM are all coming for sure to M16"

# 108 SageInfinite @ 06/30/14 10:50 AM
Quote:
My source is someone who went to EA, not someone from someone from someone. Sim has been spot on about stuff like this, remember before M13 he gave the hint about physics in the steelers bengals kick return video.
Dudes on OS pointed that out before he made a video about it. Just saying. I used to be a fan of that dude, but his credibility is questionable nowadays. He ain't as objective as he used to be.

# 109 mellamoaaron @ 06/30/14 11:04 AM
I think the running animations are fine as is.

# 110 FBall Life @ 06/30/14 11:21 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by kehlis
I can get on board with the commercials as long as they are done well.

I am very interested to know how short "short" is in this instance. 10 secs I can live with but much more than that is a little much.
I do NOT want my full priced videogames Hulu-ized! No no no. No way. If they knock the price down to $20, maybe. I won't stand for actual commercials in my $60 games!

There is nothing wrong with simulating commercial breaks, like The Show.

# 111 jpdavis82 @ 06/30/14 11:35 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by SageInfinite
Dudes on OS pointed that out before he made a video about it. Just saying. I used to be a fan of that dude, but his credibility is questionable nowadays. He ain't as objective as he used to be.
There's a reason he's not as objective, he knows what's coming. The tech I'm talking about for organic falls isn't something that's coming, it's already in place. They are going to use it to implement real gang tackling in the future.

# 112 jpdavis82 @ 06/30/14 11:40 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by mellamoaaron
I think the running animations are fine as is.
Compared to previous football titles yeah I agree but not for the power of these consoles.

# 113 SageInfinite @ 06/30/14 11:50 AM
Quote:
There's a reason he's not as objective, he knows what's coming. The tech I'm talking about for organic falls isn't something that's coming, it's already in place. They are going to use it to implement real gang tackling in the future.
Yeah them free trips to Florida, that's what's coming

# 114 jmurphy31 @ 06/30/14 11:53 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by SageInfinite
Yeah them free trips to Florida, that's what's coming
You got to figure too all the game changers websites and YouTube pages get more hits because they have exclusive footage. That probably leads to some financial benefits.

# 115 jpdavis82 @ 06/30/14 12:07 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by GiantBlue76
Just ask lbzrule about what was supposed to be coming. He can tell you about what he saw back in 2009. Yeah... How'd that turn out? I'll believe it when I see it. Also, what's coming out years from now shouldn't be a concern. We should be able to enjoy this year's game.
Different era, different leadership. Why would Sim care about free trips and a free game, he's there because he has a direct line to the devs. He talked with Cam 1 on 1 at E3, I bet not many GC's have been able to do that over the years. This team is more accessible and honest, the proof is in the pudding, but so far the only reason to doubt this team is because of two letters, there's no real reason to think they can't accomplish what they're trying to do besides that.

# 116 roadman @ 06/30/14 12:10 PM
I'd argue they are less available than Ian and Phil Frasier ever were, different era or not.

# 117 jmurphy31 @ 06/30/14 12:19 PM
Quote:
Different era, different leadership. Why would Sim care about free trips and a free game, he's there because he has a direct line to the devs. He talked with Cam 1 on 1 at E3, I bet not many GC's have been able to do that over the years. This team is more accessible and honest, the proof is in the pudding, but so far the only reason to doubt this team is because of two letters, there's no real reason to think they can't accomplish what they're trying to do besides that.
Do you honestly think all the game changers are doing this just so they can improve madden without any additional benefits to them.

# 118 jpdavis82 @ 06/30/14 12:19 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by roadman
I'd argue they are less available than Ian and Phil Frasier ever were, different era or not.
In some ways maybe, but Sim has direct communication with Rex and Cam. Cam is higher up than Phil was, Cam is also much more sim focused than Phil. If Ian had a Cam or Rex on the team with him, we'd be way beyond where we are today.

# 119 MajorSupreme @ 06/30/14 12:32 PM
Quote:
Watch closely at 4:33 this is the beginning of real gang tackling coming to Madden. I just spoke with Sim and he said there's tech in place now for falls and collisions to happen more organically, they are building towards real gang tackling, this is phase 1.
Wait, why is it phase 1? Shouldn't this be phase 2 if it's going to co-exist with the "three year plan" Are you saying we have to wait three full years before realistic tackling? Or am I missing something?

# 120 jpdavis82 @ 06/30/14 12:40 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by jmurphy31
Do you honestly think all the game changers are doing this just so they can improve madden without any additional benefits to them.
No, but I do think that is the primary motivation for Sim & Smitty.

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.