Home
Madden NFL 15 News Post

Check out the latest Madden NFL 15 gameplay video, submitted by dts5381, AKA Smitty on Twitter.

Game: Madden NFL 15Reader Score: 6.5/10 - Vote Now
Platform: PS3 / PS4 / Xbox 360 / Xbox OneVotes for game: 42 - View All
Madden NFL 15 Videos
Member Comments
# 81 SageInfinite @ 07/04/14 12:43 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by jpdavis82
So here's what someone who couldn't stand M25 has to say about 15 after playing it.

http://traditionsportsonline.com/thr...-means.111074/
I don't trust the gamechanger drones man. It's a nice read but I take everything they say with a grain of salt. The guys that I really thought could make a difference don't go out to Tiburon anymore.

# 82 Malcd9583 @ 07/04/14 12:44 PM
Quote:
That was user controlled not AI, Smitty talked about this last night on the show how he purposefully threw the ball up to see how Sherman would respond and the guy he was playing screwed up the play.
Oh that's what I thought it was a manual mess up. JP are you a madden game changer? If so how do you be come one?

# 83 jpdavis82 @ 07/04/14 01:04 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by SageInfinite
I don't trust the gamechanger drones man. It's a nice read but I take everything they say with a grain of salt. The guys that I really thought could make a difference don't go out to Tiburon anymore.
Drones? Lol you guys are so skeptical it's amusing. They're just people, both Smitty & Sim want 2k football to come back, but the sim standard is not about the company it's about supporting the company trying to make a football game that reflects real football. Regardless of what you guys think you know, Madden is trying to become just that. Rex & Cam want sim football really bad but it's a process enjoy the journey or wait til the promised land, it's coming either way.

# 84 TexasFan2005 @ 07/04/14 01:26 PM
Quote:
Drones? Lol you guys are so skeptical it's amusing. They're just people, both Smitty & Sim want 2k football to come back, but the sim standard is not about the company it's about supporting the company trying to make a football game that reflects real football. Regardless of what you guys think you know, Madden is trying to become just that. Rex & Cam want sim football really bad but it's a process enjoy the journey or wait til the promised land, it's coming either way.
Again, when ex-game changers publicly say that their program is to do nothing more than to hype the game pre-release and provide damage control post-release, then peoples' skepticism becomes well-warranted distrust.

As far as I can tell, OS members are watching all of these Madden 15 videos and analyzing what they see first hand, then creating their own evaluations. On the other hand, and with all due respect, you seem to keep referring to what other people have to say about the game in order to influence the consensus on this board. Even though my opinion is unimportant, I like a lot of the stuff that you personally post because it contains well thought out perspectives that maybe a lot of us don't see when watching these videos.

Going back to this video (as well as the others), I really like what I see in terms of presentation and other welcome ideas, but the seeming lack of variety in animations and player individuality makes me think that what we see in these videos is what we're going to get with every other matchup in the game, no matter if it's a preseason game or the AFC Championship.

# 85 strawberryshortcake @ 07/04/14 01:28 PM
Quote:
I understand that but y'all are only looking at that and are missing what's actually improved and what they're doing. Once you guys play the game I think you will see what I'm trying to explain about the improvement and like I said they added tons of new defensive and catch animations. We've seen like 2 quarters of gameplay, there's a lot more we haven't seen obviously, I know there's good and bad but I'm just saying the footage we've seen has been very limited and even the same two teams. We need to see how a subpar secondary looks, a pocket passer vs mobile, only seen two mobile QBs, need to see how an elite WR plays and the catch animations he uses. Need to see how a big run stuffing DT plays compared to the Smiths or Seattle's fast D.
Quote:
I'm willing to bet you that more people will be impressed than disappointed once they play the game. I even think you will be to a degree.
Quote:
A joke huh? Wait till you play that man & zone coverage.
It's a double edge sword. The community wants fresh information, but if the presented doesn't meet expectations, torches and pitch forks are ready to come out.

It just kind of hit me now ... ... Broken promises leaves a bad taste ... Team Madden should probably keep quiet on 3 year plans until they have actually completed year 3 of the feature, and are fully working at 100%. Don't mention anything about true step, living worlds, more catch animation, passing inaccuracies, halftime shows, better run blocking schemes, better coverage, better awareness, organic multiple meaningful consecutive hit tackles, working penalties, a working challenge system, variable dynamic presentation, proper replay angles, etc. etc. etc.

Let the game speak for itself.

If a product is great, it'll speak for itself. Don't need to hold the gamers' hand and tell him or her what's great about it. Let the game speak for itself.

Pushing an idea still straddled in phase 1 or 2 will only stir up negative connotations. Telling us that X is in the game but is poorly implemented because it's still in infancy and "we're still working on it" leaves a very bad taste. Blow the gamer away when true step actually affects all 22 players. Blow the gamer away when a real legitimate immersive pre halftime and post game show is complete and follows a real broadcast. Blow us away when WR/DB interactions are golden. Blow us away when signature animation are captured properly. Blow us away when there are multiple styles at various positions. Blow us away when animations are fluid, organic and realistic.

Let the game speak for itself. Let the game blow us away when everything represents football and represents everything we see on network TV, NOT EA Madden football, NOT EA Madden TV. Just football and all it's glory.

The gamer shouldn't have to pick up a controller and "feel" the difference. It should be visually apparent immediately. Do we question if football is football when watching the NCAA and NFL football on our HDTV every week?

Here's a short 30 second NFL football clip. Do we need to see the entire game to know that it's football? Entire game footage should not make a difference. Side note: That replay angle is terrible by the way.

# 86 MajorSupreme @ 07/04/14 01:31 PM
Quote:
What, exactly, have the game changers done for us? And I noticed you haven't replied to an of kehlis' post regarding your "blind optimism." Whenever someone tries to say a negative, you throw out the same excuses. "Phase one" "See this here, that means in two years..."

And then you try play Benedict Arnold and say "I want the same you guys want," but you won't address the issues and march around like you played the game thirty times over. Come on man.

# 87 jpdavis82 @ 07/04/14 01:33 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by TexasFan2005
Again, when ex-game changers publicly say that their program is to do nothing more than to hype the game pre-release and provide damage control post-release, then peoples' skepticism becomes well-warranted distrust.

As far as I can tell, OS members are watching all of these Madden 15 videos and analyzing what they see first hand, then creating their own evaluations. On the other hand, and with all due respect, you seem to keep referring to what other people have to say about the game in order to influence the consensus on this board. Even though my opinion is unimportant, I like a lot of the stuff that you personally post because it contains well thought out perspectives that maybe a lot of us don't see when watching these videos.

Going back to this video (as well as the others), I really like what I see in terms of presentation and other welcome ideas, but the seeming lack of variety in animations and player individuality makes me think that what we see in these videos is what we're going to get with every other matchup in the game, no matter if it's a preseason game or the AFC Championship.
I understand how it used to be but were any of those ex GCs there with Cam & Rex? I'm just asking I don't know.

# 88 jpdavis82 @ 07/04/14 01:51 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by MajorSupreme
What, exactly, have the game changers done for us? And I noticed you haven't replied to an of kehlis' post regarding your "blind optimism." Whenever someone tries to say a negative, you throw out the same excuses. "Phase one" "See this here, that means in two years..."

And then you try play Benedict Arnold and say "I want the same you guys want," but you won't address the issues and march around like you played the game thirty times over. Come on man.
I play the game all the time, have since 92. Why do I have to voice the same negative stuff when y'all do it everyday for me? I voice my criticism to the devs directly, follow me on twitter if you think I'm lying. I see the glass half full but I know what's missing, some of it, has never been done before that I want to see, so I don't bring up previous football games. I am wanting something much greater.

# 89 jmurphy31 @ 07/04/14 02:34 PM
These threads are great.

Some random thoughts.

1. If you like Madden you're probably going to keep liking it based on what I've seen. If you're on the fence I think the minor improvements will lead you to liking it. If you don't like madden, probably not going to like 15.

2. I understand EA loves saying the word phase or 3 year plan, but has any thing they implemented ever got passed phase 2. (Pro tack, extra point, etc). I know it's new leadership but it's a company problem. Plus developers usually don't stick around that long.

3. Until the demo and even more so the actual game comes out we won't know for sure how it feels to play. Then from that point forward see my first point. Some will be singing it's praises and others will cursing ea out.

4. I do wish the people making this game had the passion the posters on here have.

5. Madden is like any thing that you have for a while and doesn't change much. You start to notice the things wrong with it more than the good. It's like all the impression threads on here. At first everyone loves it. Then the bugs start showing up, then the minor things add up.

As I said in an earlier post I think the presentation is getting better, but still has a long way to go. I really hope they build on it rather than leaving it status quo and then updating it in 2 years.

# 90 jmurphy31 @ 07/04/14 03:13 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Big FN Deal
@jmurphy31, good post man, you make some good points and I'm trying to find a way to just get over this stuff and move on. It's easier said than done though when you have been playing football video games as a vice, as long as I have.

It's just at this point, some of us have been around long enough to get that feeling Tiburon is taking us for a ride. It's like a native of a major city catching a cab versus a tourist or new resident, the native can tell when the cabbie is taking the long way to increase the fare. The issue here is a "cab" is the only way we can ever get to where we want to go and Tiburon is the only cab company, lol.
Thanks. I understand people's issues with madden. The way I look at it I am more disappointed than mad on how Madden has failed to improve over the years. I still play 25 and I enjoy it most of the time. Some things bother me but there is no other choice. (For example I was playing the other night. The CPU kicks a fg and it was no good. But some how they got the ball back and it was first down. ) These issues upset me more than animation issues.

I think part of my disappointment lies in the fact I'm on here. Some of the stuff I notice now I would never even look for before. Another reason is my age. When I was in ms, hs, and college I played season upon season and I didn't care if I put my WR at TE and ran the same TE streak over and over again. Now that I'm 35 I want the chess game of football more than the stick skills type game which madden is. Finally my disappointment is I would think 20 years later we would be a lot better when it comes to football gaming.

# 91 jpdavis82 @ 07/04/14 05:11 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by jmurphy31
These threads are great.

Some random thoughts.

1. If you like Madden you're probably going to keep liking it based on what I've seen. If you're on the fence I think the minor improvements will lead you to liking it. If you don't like madden, probably not going to like 15.

2. I understand EA loves saying the word phase or 3 year plan, but has any thing they implemented ever got passed phase 2. (Pro tack, extra point, etc). I know it's new leadership but it's a company problem. Plus developers usually don't stick around that long.

3. Until the demo and even more so the actual game comes out we won't know for sure how it feels to play. Then from that point forward see my first point. Some will be singing it's praises and others will cursing ea out.

4. I do wish the people making this game had the passion the posters on here have.

5. Madden is like any thing that you have for a while and doesn't change much. You start to notice the things wrong with it more than the good. It's like all the impression threads on here. At first everyone loves it. Then the bugs start showing up, then the minor things add up.

As I said in an earlier post I think the presentation is getting better, but still has a long way to go. I really hope they build on it rather than leaving it status quo and then updating it in 2 years.
1. I completely agree and posted something very similar to this last week.
2. There never was a Pro Tak or Extra Point 2. There has been a IE 2 and this year they are saying Player Sense 2.0, I guess we won't know until next year if there's a phase 3 of these features but the things they worked on last year have been improved upon this year.
3. Same as 1
4. I know Clint Rex and Cam are very passionate about making this game, Clint is as passionate as anyone on here, every time I talk to him he talks about how excited he is about the product they are making and every day are trying to eliminate legacy issues and exploits. He literally spends several days at a time trying to eliminate exploits and money plays.

5. I believe starting with Madden 15 people will stop feeling this way, that feeling is about to be a thing of the past, mark my words.

# 92 jpdavis82 @ 07/04/14 05:16 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by strawberryshortcake
It's a double edge sword. The community wants fresh information, but if the presented doesn't meet expectations, torches and pitch forks are ready to come out.

It just kind of hit me now ... ... Broken promises leaves a bad taste ... Team Madden should probably keep quiet on 3 year plans until they have actually completed year 3 of the feature, and are fully working at 100%. Don't mention anything about true step, living worlds, more catch animation, passing inaccuracies, halftime shows, better run blocking schemes, better coverage, better awareness, organic multiple meaningful consecutive hit tackles, working penalties, a working challenge system, variable dynamic presentation, proper replay angles, etc. etc. etc.

Let the game speak for itself.

If a product is great, it'll speak for itself. Don't need to hold the gamers' hand and tell him or her what's great about it. Let the game speak for itself.

Pushing an idea still straddled in phase 1 or 2 will only stir up negative connotations. Telling us that X is in the game but is poorly implemented because it's still in infancy and "we're still working on it" leaves a very bad taste. Blow the gamer away when true step actually affects all 22 players. Blow the gamer away when a real legitimate immersive pre halftime and post game show is complete and follows a real broadcast. Blow us away when WR/DB interactions are golden. Blow us away when signature animation are captured properly. Blow us away when there are multiple styles at various positions. Blow us away when animations are fluid, organic and realistic.

Let the game speak for itself. Let the game blow us away when everything represents football and represents everything we see on network TV, NOT EA Madden football, NOT EA Madden TV. Just football and all it's glory.

The gamer shouldn't have to pick up a controller and "feel" the difference. It should be visually apparent immediately. Do we question if football is football when watching the NCAA and NFL football on our HDTV every week?

Here's a short 30 second NFL football clip. Do we need to see the entire game to know that it's football? Entire game footage should not make a difference. Side note: That replay angle is terrible by the way.

The only problem with this theory is that no other football game can you watch 30 secs and get that football is football feel either. Every football game to date isn't even close to real football, lets call a spade a spade.

# 93 SageInfinite @ 07/04/14 05:32 PM
Quote:
The only problem with this theory is that no other football game can you watch 30 secs and get that football is football feel either. Every football game to date isn't even close to real football, lets call a spade a spade.
These look like football though. They resemble what I feel like football should look like on a console.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6MIxS7O6Zgw

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4pqN7bvsOjA

This ain't there yet.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=l45HImx7sLI

# 94 kehlis @ 07/04/14 05:35 PM
Quote:
I really, really want to get on your side, but you have to stop saying things like this.

You really need to understand the difference between optimism and blatant inaccuracies.

# 95 jpdavis82 @ 07/04/14 05:35 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by SageInfinite
These look like football though. They resemble what I feel like football should look like on a console.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6MIxS7O6Zgw

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4pqN7bvsOjA

This ain't there yet.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=l45HImx7sLI
We'll have to compare Madden 15 on BC cam when it releases, we already know presentation in M15 is much better.

# 96 jpdavis82 @ 07/04/14 05:40 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by kehlis
I really, really want to get on your side, but you have to stop saying things like this.

You really need to understand the difference between optimism and blatant inaccuracies.
I have an opinion and you have yours, I've never liked the way players run in 2k football games. They run pretty much the same way in APF, I guess that's how most feel about Madden run animations. It's subjective, that's why I think this animations stuff is secondary, the O line/ D line play in Madden is as good as I've seen in a football game, they just have to work on the WR/ DB play and remove the other legacy issues to have an awesome game. They will add new animations every year and the game will keep improving IMO.

# 97 SageInfinite @ 07/04/14 05:42 PM
Quote:
We'll have to compare Madden 15 on BC cam when it releases, we already know presentation in M15 is much better.
The fact that this is even debatable is pathetic when this game is 7 years older and on older hardware only 2 years into its generation. Also we don't know because we haven't seen the final product. Still from what I've seen, it's debatable.

# 98 kehlis @ 07/04/14 05:43 PM
Quote:
Josh, did you watch those clips at all?

Presentation had nothing to do with his point.

It's great and all and it certainly looks much improved for 15 but that is the last thing that people want fixed. Just actually watch those clips without the EA colored glasses on, everything about them is fantastic and is how a football game should PLAY.

Notice I said play instead of LOOK.

# 99 Kramer5150 @ 07/04/14 05:45 PM
Quote:
I believe starting with Madden 15 people will stop feeling this way, that feeling is about to be a thing of the past, mark my words.
Oh really now...this is the exact same thing you said about...

1-Madden 13
2-Madden 25
3-Madden 25 on next gen...

NOW it's Madden 15? ...yea,ok.

# 100 kehlis @ 07/04/14 05:48 PM
Quote:
I have an opinion and you have yours
I agree, I find it amusing though that earlier in this thread your referred to our opinion as amusing to you.

So I guess a difference in opinion is okay when it benefits you but when it doesn't it's simply amusing???

Post A Comment
This thread has been closed for new comments.