Home
NBA Live 15 News Post

According to the official NBA Live 15 website, the game has been delayed. The original release date of October 7th has been updated with an October 28 release date.

We have reached out to EA for comment. We should hear something official soon and we will update the post.

Thanks for the heads up @omole21!!

EA Sports has posted another Open Letter, explaining the delay with a few gameplay videos and new gameplay blog.

Video #1

Video #2

Video #3

Game: NBA Live 15Reader Score: 6/10 - Vote Now
Platform: PS4 / Xbox OneVotes for game: 13 - View All
NBA Live 15 Videos
Member Comments
# 21 youvalss @ 09/08/14 04:46 PM
Strange, because by now the game should have been done. So unless they had planned it a little while ago and just waited for the 'right moment', this is really weird. It's either problems in paradise, or them wanting to perfect it to the last minute.

does this mean that the demo is being delayed too? Maybe they want gamers to be really impatient and just go out and buy it without trying it?

Yeah, I know, all speculations.

Spoiler

# 22 NINJAK2 @ 09/08/14 04:47 PM
One of those youtubers surprisingly saw this coming... Atleast they pushed it back rather than released it broken right???

# 23 RipCityAndy @ 09/08/14 04:48 PM
Unfortunately this is par for the course. Two steps forward and three steps back.

I feel like the ONLY thing Live has going for it right now is the tiny amount of brand loyalty from long time Live fans (myself included). I'm tired of the "this is a journey back to relevance," "we're always improving" garbage. When Live does stuff like this it erases any buzz and goodwill it may have created. Not only does it erase buzz, but it reinforces the notion that the game is going to be substandard. To me, this is a big, giant, red flag. Couple this announcement with the tiny amount of information being released and you get a bunch of disappointed fans.

I drank the Kool-Aid last year and bought Live 14 for full price. This year I'm keeping my money in my pocket unless something seriously jaw dropping (and fully featured!!!!) comes out.

They make it SOO hard to be a Live fan.

# 24 scottyp180 @ 09/08/14 04:49 PM
Really not sure how to take this. I would much rather a delay than for the game to release on the 7th and disappoint but how much can the game really improve within the extra 3 weeks.

# 25 warren_kendel @ 09/08/14 04:50 PM
Can we get a link that shows the release date as October 28 ? I checked their site and other sites that have the game release date and they still show October 7:

http://www.easports.com/nba-live/buy/US

# 26 RipCityAndy @ 09/08/14 04:53 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Klayups
Good for them.

Their focus is clearly on making sure they put out a quality product. Making sure every feature/gameplay mechanic is functioning as it should and tested thoroughly.

If I had to guess id say that physics stuff in the paint caused a bit of unforeseeable problems that they just needed a couple more weeks to iron out.

No big deal.
Hmm... at my job I'm required to put out a quality product based on a set schedule. I don't get hugs and pats on the back when I delay something by three weeks. That's how I lose clients.

# 27 youvalss @ 09/08/14 04:55 PM
Thinking about it, if it's so important for them to make it better that they are willing to take the chance of less sold units (since the other game coming out first might take some away), then there must be a very good reason for it. I sure hope it's about perfecting it.

Spoiler

# 28 grodbetatted @ 09/08/14 04:57 PM
I just went to the site and it still says 10/7 where did they find that at

# 29 BobbyColtrane @ 09/08/14 04:58 PM
Forget about competing. These guys can't even put commit to a release schedule and live up to it. That's something that every other sports game does. Even the terrible ones.

Problems with getting a game released on time over multiple years/development cycles is just UNPRECENDENTED.

# 30 The 24th Letter @ 09/08/14 04:58 PM
Come on man, this most definitively is not a "good thing". It's also not the end of the world...

If Live gets canceled some of y'all will be saying "that's ok, they want to put maximum effort into Live 16!!" Lol

I admire the dedication but It is what it is...hopefully they take care of what they need to by then...and we have a quality Live game this year...

When does the NBA season start anyway?

EDIT: Oct 28th...at least it's not after...

# 31 RayRay34 @ 09/08/14 04:59 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by grodbetatted
I just went to the site and it still says 10/7 where did they find that at
I'm seeing October 28th

# 32 stillfeelme @ 09/08/14 05:01 PM
I highly doubt it is an actual bug issue. What I think happened was EA has changed focus of their franchise/dynasty mode. Maybe they wanted to add some improvements into the dynasty mode. Fernando was saying some of those ideas that yall posted in will be included in Live 15.

# 33 nick_sr @ 09/08/14 05:01 PM
not too concerned

guess they want to fix some of the concerns ppl have from the trailer

hopefully they fix dynasty mode lol

i guess ikc has some insider information since he speculated this after the trailer

# 34 RayRay34 @ 09/08/14 05:01 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by RayRay34
I'm seeing October 28th
Just went back to get the link and now it's the date has been taken down. Interesting!!!!

# 35 shutdown10 @ 09/08/14 05:03 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Klayups
Good for them.

Their focus is clearly on making sure they put out a quality product. Making sure every feature/gameplay mechanic is functioning as it should and tested thoroughly.

If I had to guess id say that physics stuff in the paint caused a bit of unforeseeable problems that they just needed a couple more weeks to iron out.

No big deal.

They definitely have to make sure everything you just posted is solid because this year for them is very crucial.

# 36 thmst30 @ 09/08/14 05:04 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by RayRay34
Just went back to get the link and now it's the date has been taken down. Interesting!!!!
Haha yea they removed the date now. Oh EA...

# 37 nick_sr @ 09/08/14 05:04 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by stillfeelme
I highly doubt it is an actual bug issue. What I think happened was EA has changed focus of their franchise/dynasty mode. Maybe they wanted to add some improvements into the dynasty mode. Fernando was saying some of those ideas that yall posted in will be included in Live 15.
just from my observation on social media, a lot of ppl want dynasty to be good. maybe they have seen the responses and wanted to add a few things

# 38 snocone @ 09/08/14 05:05 PM
I wonder if this becuse they shared some of the franchise code with NHL. A late October release more or less lineups up with when EA is going to patch the draft into NHL. Maybe they were planning to share a bunch of code, and realized they couldn't ship Live without those feature at launch?

# 39 bballshawn24 @ 09/08/14 05:05 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by The 24th Letter
lmao Perfect gif.

On another note. I think they mustve encountered a major bug. Or realized they cant afford to mess up twice this quarter (NHL 15 lack of features)

# 40 nick_sr @ 09/08/14 05:12 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by socalbeast08
Whats going on in EA right now? Holy crap! First nhl 15 and now live 15? Somebody needs to be fired starting from the top.
what happened with nhl 15?

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.