Home
NHL 15 News Post

Have NHL 15
? Want to know what others think of the game before you give it a buy? This is the place for you.

Once you've played the game, post your impressions here. If you have questions about the game, please post them in the Q&A thread. This thread is for impressions only.

What do you think of NHL 15 so far?

Game: NHL 15Reader Score: 6.5/10 - Vote Now
Platform: PS3 / PS4 / Xbox 360 / Xbox OneVotes for game: 16 - View All
NHL 15 Videos
Member Comments
# 381 THESHAMISASHAME @ 09/22/14 07:25 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by jake19ny
First off let me start by apologizing for getting nasty and calling you shamwow, its uncharacteristic and there really is no place for it here on these forums. With that I just want to be clear that I personally never had a problem with you enjoying the game and I said it before I'm glad you are enjoying it and I was not being sarcastic. I took issue and should have ignored it when early on in this thread or another one, you told people who do not like the game to stay off the forums. You then proceeded in several other posts to accuse people of being lazy, having low IQ's and having no hockey knowledge and it was usually after posts like those that set me off because there is no place for that on these forums either. However 2 wrongs do not make a right. I don't know you and you could be a really great guy, just about everyone here is but I would just suggest that you think a little before posting and I will do the same. I happen to agree with that old post (I didn't include it in the quote for size reasons) I said a long time ago that I think many of us, myself included sometimes expect perfection in a game that just is not capable of replicating real life, no game is. Coming to terms with that I was able to enjoy a very flawed NHL 14. Absolutely everyone plays different and slider tweaks help each person individually but I do think when it comes to things like penalties and what not though there is a reasonable expectation that those things be in the game without us having to spend hours and hours screwing with sliders. I still have hopes of making this game playable and I have found secondary success with some sliders but fear I will lose it again like before. I hope to God your right and the game can be made playable and only time will tell. So in closing, because this and a few other threads have been taken way off track, I totally accept the fact that you and many enjoy the game and have every right too and I would just suggest toning down some of the posts and maybe not so many of the same type in so many threads. I hope you can accept the fact that many of us (not the few you mentioned) have many legitimate gripes with the game and I think the forums is exactly the place for both views if kept constructive. I for one am going to heed some great advice I was given earlier and keep my posts related to the game and not attack anyone because there is certainly nothing constructive in that. Cheers
Thank you , I apologize also if I come off a smug as Im a very black and white person but my results especially on penalties were so different I had to respond to the thread and by no means Im I saying Im right but I was just trying to explain what statistical results I was getting on near allstar default as Im continually learning about the game and how it is programmed .

As I told Grog as hes testing my sliders even if you dont like EA gameplay on my near default allstar sliders check the stats but of course we all play different so who knows .

I did feel attacked so I was probably defensive with a attitude so I tried to explain by photos , stats and even a slider thread as requested to avoid conflict well I gotta run its my Moms 84 Birthday tonight so take care Jake .

# 382 18 eighty 5 @ 09/23/14 03:24 PM
I actually like the gameplay but it feels like it plays best on Play Now. BaGM feels less smooth with the same sliders. I play on True Broadcast and it isn't as side to side (up/down) as past versions for me. I enjoy taking the puck on defense and passing cross ice between D Men, holding the puck back instead of charging up ice into attack. I don't try any exploit moves, I don't practice for em', I am enjoying moving the puck around and dumping it in to change up my lines.

I slammed this game hard on the EA early access. Didn't like the Xbox One version. Didn't like the lack of features. As it is I don't know what mileage I can get from BaGM, but Play Now is fun and the gameplay is better than it has been. I was planning on staying with 14 on ps3 and using Shogunofharlems edits. The PS4 version and Play Now gameplay suits me fine though.

Point is, this is really only relevant to me. Just like much of what most of us find in this game or any game. I am with those that think there should be more in this version and that the lack of content is not right. Yet, my take on the game is what it is. I didn't like it on Xbox One, like it enough on PS4. That alone probably sounds a bit silly, but like I said, this is my take on my game so it doesn't need to appease the attitudes of anyone else. This is my varied experience with this game. How can anyone tell me otherwise?

# 383 jyoung @ 09/23/14 03:42 PM
Has anyone seen a blocked shot result in an injury this year?

It used to happen regularly a few games ago (maybe NHL 13?), but I haven't seen it happen once in NHL 15.

The fact that there's no physical repercussions for stepping in front of a slap shot or one timer and taking the full brunt of it in the body is very disappointing.

# 384 statnut @ 09/23/14 03:55 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by jyoung

It used to happen regularly a few games ago (maybe NHL 13?), but I haven't seen it happen once in NHL 15.

The fact that there's no physical repercussions for stepping in front of a slap shot or one timer and taking the full brunt of it in the body is very disappointing.
There's very rarely been a repercussion of doing that. I've seen players step in front of a slap shot and knock it down and take it the other way. Or just catch it.

# 385 Money99 @ 09/23/14 04:14 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by 18 eighty 5
I actually like the gameplay but it feels like it plays best on Play Now. BaGM feels less smooth with the same sliders. I play on True Broadcast and it isn't as side to side (up/down) as past versions for me. I enjoy taking the puck on defense and passing cross ice between D Men, holding the puck back instead of charging up ice into attack. I don't try any exploit moves, I don't practice for em', I am enjoying moving the puck around and dumping it in to change up my lines.

I slammed this game hard on the EA early access. Didn't like the Xbox One version. Didn't like the lack of features. As it is I don't know what mileage I can get from BaGM, but Play Now is fun and the gameplay is better than it has been. I was planning on staying with 14 on ps3 and using Shogunofharlems edits. The PS4 version and Play Now gameplay suits me fine though.

Point is, this is really only relevant to me. Just like much of what most of us find in this game or any game. I am with those that think there should be more in this version and that the lack of content is not right. Yet, my take on the game is what it is. I didn't like it on Xbox One, like it enough on PS4. That alone probably sounds a bit silly, but like I said, this is my take on my game so it doesn't need to appease the attitudes of anyone else. This is my varied experience with this game. How can anyone tell me otherwise?
I have found the experience in Play Now vs BaGM has been different for a long time in the NHL series.

I'm not 100% sure why, but I suspect it has a lot to do with the categories you can upgrade throughout a BaGM career.

I only played Play Now with NHL14 and in that mode opposing teams felt different compared to BaGM where every team I played was the same.

# 386 jake19ny @ 09/23/14 04:24 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Money99
I have found the experience in Play Now vs BaGM has been different for a long time in the NHL series.

I'm not 100% sure why, but I suspect it has a lot to do with the categories you can upgrade throughout a BaGM career.

I only played Play Now with NHL14 and in that mode opposing teams felt different compared to BaGM where every team I played was the same.
I am so glad I'm not the only one because I thought I was crazy. I agree 100%. For the second time now I have found solid sliders to make play now feel good, play well, and even get some penalties so I started a BeaGM and set the sliders the same and the game played totally different, I mentioned this in another thread and I cannot put my finger on it but I have always felt the sliders are broken and do not work right. It seems setting the once and setting them again the same exact way you can get two very different types of game play. It makes no sense but how can this be explained. Many of us are feeling it and I am hearing guys say the same about the newly added playoff mode. Weird stuff

# 387 bigwill33 @ 09/23/14 04:44 PM
It's always been that way. There are hidden streaks and momentum in the game, too. That's why all the slider testing in the world on play now games don't mean jack for GM mode.

Ever notice how you can play 3 games and be on fire or completely suck and then turn the machine off, fire it back up and everything feels different? Yeah, the game is programmed this way. A 82 overall player might be playing at a 87 with how the under the hood stuff works.

Yes, I had EA tell me this years ago when I worked here at OS.

# 388 THESHAMISASHAME @ 09/23/14 05:38 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ThreeKing
I agree with this. I started a Playoff Mode, and the gameplay wasn't as solid as before. It's like the physics took a hit. I kind of felt like I was playing NHL 13.
Exactly I mentioned this in the morning , is it fair to call it nothing but a port 13 or 14 ? As Playoff mode has always had a uber boost , cpu has turbo players , all deke like Crosby and a hit and check fest to create a so called playoff feel BUT yeah Physics arent what I been playing in NHL 15 before this patch and tuner ?

Might be the tuner I played one on V 1.00 and was up 3-0 after early second period with 4 pp to cpu none and stopped as it felt to easy .

# 389 THESHAMISASHAME @ 09/23/14 05:49 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by bigwill33
It's always been that way. There are hidden streaks and momentum in the game, too. That's why all the slider testing in the world on play now games don't mean jack for GM mode.

Ever notice how you can play 3 games and be on fire or completely suck and then turn the machine off, fire it back up and everything feels different? Yeah, the game is programmed this way. A 82 overall player might be playing at a 87 with how the under the hood stuff works.

Your dead on exactly right and playoff mode is/was boosted /momentum filled even worse then other modes but I still think v 1.00 made my one game better .

As I recall only play now ever played semi normal and then when you took your sliders in a mode your like WTH I been saying what you said for years and I dont know why EA NHL keeps doing this ?

I think Hockey is hockey always playing hard and sure playoffs might be a tad different than regular season intensity wise but to use speed boost and momentum and crazy tilted ice is a poor way to do it .

# 390 18 eighty 5 @ 09/23/14 10:09 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by jake19ny
I am so glad I'm not the only one because I thought I was crazy. I agree 100%. For the second time now I have found solid sliders to make play now feel good, play well, and even get some penalties so I started a BeaGM and set the sliders the same and the game played totally different, I mentioned this in another thread and I cannot put my finger on it but I have always felt the sliders are broken and do not work right. It seems setting the once and setting them again the same exact way you can get two very different types of game play. It makes no sense but how can this be explained. Many of us are feeling it and I am hearing guys say the same about the newly added playoff mode. Weird stuff
I wonder if it has something to do with the difficulty setting in BaGM. Pro can give a better feel but stepping up to All Star and smoothness drops off. I feel it in the skating. I can have a winger pass back to a DMan at my defending blueline and as the defender receives the puck I trigger him to skate backwards and arc either inwards toward the middle or outwards towards the boards and on Play Now it feels and looks great. On BaGM on All Star it is clunky, loses an intuitive feel and can be slightly delayed.

# 391 18 eighty 5 @ 09/23/14 10:15 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by bigwill33

Agreed. You can totally feel the difference through the controller too. The other team seems to get powerful buffs whilst my team is delayed. Have felt this in back to back games numerous times over the years. The worst was in 13 going in on a big winning streak to play Detroit in Detroit during regular season and the Wings had massive speed buffs, hit protection and almost constant bezerker mode through two periods and then it died off. Period 3 was like a different game.

As it is, with 15, I am treating play now like it's own playoff mode. Gives some imagined context to the games.

# 392 Qb @ 09/25/14 09:52 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by jyoung

Yeah, that was much more prevalent a few years ago. However, I played a game with injuries raised to four and saw it happen. I also got injured in a fight, took out someone with a knee-on-knee hit -- which was awesome, looked so real. So that was three guys out for the game and with the bug in the in-game edit lines screen that prevents you from replacing an injured player, it really messes stuff up.

# 393 jake19ny @ 09/25/14 11:25 AM
I know we have all griped about the missing modes and other things not in the game to no end but this one thing in particular is ruining the whole thing for me. I have accepted the fact that we most likely will not have season mode or player edit patched in but if they don't, and it has not been mentioned in any patch update plans, allow total roster control this game is done. BeaGM will be nothing more than fantasy hockey. I initially turned off everything I could turn off to limit CPU transactions but it doesn't stop the bad signings. Its also quite scripted. I turned salary cap off and attempted to sign all the big name free agents left with the intent on stashing them in the minors and moving them to whatever team signs them when and if that time comes. They all turned me down. Brodeur and Salo went to Boston, Jovanovski to Washington, Handzus to Detroit etc etc etc.....I then exited restarted from my last save and tried again this time offering insanely high contracts of 10 million or more and they still turned me down accepting less from the same exact teams. I tried this several times and they all signed with the exact same team no matter what. I then tried BeaGM with salary cap on and it doesn't matter you end up with a bunch of guys on teams they will not be with in the regular season and no way to fix it or make trades when they happen. Every time I find a way to like this game I get slapped back down. I do find it hard to believe at this point they still have no idea on what they will add and what they will not. If the October patch is only going to be what it says and there is no reason to think it will be anything more, then let us know if anything else is in the works or not so those of us who see these things as a deal breaker can get a decent trade in before its to late.....

# 394 BlueNGold @ 09/25/14 11:45 AM
The way the CPU spams passes to the net and how stupid your defensemen are pretty much killed this game for me. I bought it a few days ago when Walmart had it on sale for $49 but I'm this close to trading/selling it now.

I'm really surprised to be saying this but I'd rather be playing Madden.

It sucks too because there's potential here. It's just not fully realized.

# 395 Money99 @ 09/25/14 01:05 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by BlueNGold
The way the CPU spams passes to the net and how stupid your defensemen are pretty much killed this game for me. I bought it a few days ago when Walmart had it on sale for $49 but I'm this close to trading/selling it now.

I'm really surprised to be saying this but I'd rather be playing Madden.

It sucks too because there's potential here. It's just not fully realized.
BNG, some here have said there are ways to fix this by altering sliders and instituting specific team strategies.
Have you tried that?

# 396 BlueNGold @ 09/25/14 03:58 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Money99
BNG, some here have said there are ways to fix this by altering sliders and instituting specific team strategies.
Have you tried that?
No. I was actually going to give the slider forum a look today.

As for team strategies, isn't there an issue with them not saving?

# 397 BlueNGold @ 09/25/14 04:23 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ThreeKing
I would hold off if I were you. The 2nd big patch will hit with OTP, and you know they'll have a few more tuner updates. I'd wait at least until the end of this calendar year.
OTP isn't that big of a deal for me. And considering the game was just on sale the second week into release, if I can turn around and sell it for a profit, I'm definitely going to go that route and then come back if they do fix things up.

Seeing what UFC had done has me hopeful. I just don't feel like putting the time and effort into a game that's frustrating me when I have Madden, The Show and a backlog of some other games I could be playing instead.

# 398 Stormyhog @ 09/26/14 06:12 PM
Has anyone seen any disallowed goals? I know it was in previous games but I've yet to see one in NHL 15. Thanks.

# 399 THESHAMISASHAME @ 09/26/14 07:49 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stormyhog
Has anyone seen any disallowed goals? I know it was in previous games but I've yet to see one in NHL 15. Thanks.
Most are normally good but I did see two disallowed so I would say out of 10 two were disallowed but I havent seen one under review since the Free Content was added ?

# 400 MizzouRah @ 09/26/14 08:21 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stormyhog
I had one on a kick in from a skate.

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.