Home
NHL 15 News Post

Have NHL 15
? Want to know what others think of the game before you give it a buy? This is the place for you.

Once you've played the game, post your impressions here. If you have questions about the game, please post them in the Q&A thread. This thread is for impressions only.

What do you think of NHL 15 so far?

Game: NHL 15Reader Score: 6.5/10 - Vote Now
Platform: PS3 / PS4 / Xbox 360 / Xbox OneVotes for game: 16 - View All
NHL 15 Videos
Member Comments
# 421 MizzouRah @ 10/06/14 10:30 AM
My impression is that last gen NHL 15 plays 10x better than next gen, so when I'm playing against my neighbor or friends, we will play next gen, but for BeaGM, I'm going to stick to last gen.

# 422 SH15 @ 10/06/14 02:36 PM
Cannot stand how the scoring summary has how many goals the player has scored in the game rather than the season

Leafs make it 1-0 early in the 1st on a Dec 13th matchup...

Kessel (1) - Bozak, Phaneuf

Like really? Do you need to tell me that is his 1st goal of the game?

Kessel (20) - Bozak, Phaneuf

That would be way better

And if a players gets multiple goals in a game just go

Kessel (21/*2nd) - Bozak, Phaneuf

Or something like that. Gah so dumb...

# 423 BBWalk @ 10/08/14 05:38 AM
One word.

Rammer.

He just doesn't get it. Bah!

# 424 THESHAMISASHAME @ 10/09/14 07:31 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by MizzouRah
My impression is that last gen NHL 15 plays 10x better than next gen, so when I'm playing against my neighbor or friends, we will play next gen, but for BeaGM, I'm going to stick to last gen.
Mizz what did they do to my baby ? even on the v100 tuner almost every goal is generated now hu and cpu and penalties too like Im not even playing after the patch and tuner update last week

I wonder if having my user strategy at 0 has any effect as I leave it off now because of the it wont leave the screen glitch but basically its not NHL 15 anymore so Im gonna try sliders from last year to tone down all the crazy stuff ?

# 425 MizzouRah @ 10/09/14 09:48 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by THESHAMISASHAME
Mizz what did they do to my baby ? even on the v100 tuner almost every goal is generated now hu and cpu and penalties too like Im not even playing after the patch and tuner update last week

I wonder if having my user strategy at 0 has any effect as I leave it off now because of the it wont leave the screen glitch but basically its not NHL 15 anymore so Im gonna try sliders from last year to tone down all the crazy stuff ?
I'm not sure.. but it's not the same game I played at release.

# 426 Vikes1 @ 10/10/14 10:36 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by MizzouRah
I'm not sure.. but it's not the same game I played at release.
I'm feeling the same way, Mizz. Hoping V1.04 bails us out.

# 427 BillsFan1113 @ 10/10/14 08:52 PM
My thoughts exactly, I was having such a great time with the gameplay the way it was.....WHY WHY WHY did they break the beautiful game they created? Sliders aren't helping anymore. Aggression and hit power on 0 and everytime the CPU wants the puck they annihilate me, even if they are standing right next to me with no momentum, it's disgusting. Unfortunately I bought this digitally so I can't sell it...if it's not fixed I'll be so disappointed....it WAS the best gameplay in a hockey game I've ever played, it's really sad now

# 428 andayaman @ 10/10/14 09:30 PM
Unplayable. NO enjoyment to be had after that update. I haven't had a SINGLE legit goal since then. I've seen plenty of ridiculous goals in the meantime. I've played this series since 08 and loved it until this last update.

I managed to come back, down 1-0 of the CPU's ridiculous Pong style goal. So it's OT, I have a 5 on 3 advantage, and then the hilarity ensues.

I'm pretty sure I'm done until they unscrew this.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XEbn...ature=youtu.be

# 429 Nomah5 @ 10/10/14 09:45 PM
Oh my that goal would make me snap my controller.

# 430 andayaman @ 10/10/14 09:53 PM
Lol, pretty close. But since I got a new XB1 just for this game, I had to refrain.

I was up 22-8 SOG at this point. So yeah, the game ended in overtime at 22-8 SOG since I don't think a clearing the puck from end to end counts as a SOG. Lol EA, what is wrong with you?!

# 431 Nomah5 @ 10/10/14 09:55 PM
It's a video game is how I view it. They aren't going to be perfect. There is annoyances with every game. It is how it is. Just laugh at that brutal goal. Haha.

# 432 Ball_Bag @ 10/11/14 12:28 PM
Just picked the game up yesterday from Costco for PS4 ($53).

I already knew about the lack of game modes. I never play online so I don't care for most those modes anyway. I bought the game because of what I've read in the improvements on the core game play for the next gen consoles.

The last NHL game I played was NHL 12 on PS3. Only had time to play a couple of games last night and I am very rusty as I haven't played 12 in a long time. My initial impressions are that I don't understand what all the fuss is about. I don't really see a tremendous difference/improvement over the last couple of years. Again, it's early and I need to find the right settings to fit my style of play but I'm glad I didn't pay full price and could have waited a little longer when it would have been $20 off at Best Buy or something.

Not saying NHL 15 is a bad game, just not dramatically different from previous installments in terms of game play based on what I've seen so far...

# 433 speels @ 10/11/14 12:41 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by andayaman
Lol, pretty close. But since I got a new XB1 just for this game, I had to refrain.

I was up 22-8 SOG at this point. So yeah, the game ended in overtime at 22-8 SOG since I don't think a clearing the puck from end to end counts as a SOG. Lol EA, what is wrong with you?!
As a Leafs fan, that reminded me a lot of this.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pP2jTaU5K_o

# 434 Viktor @ 10/11/14 12:55 PM
Playing Be a Pro and not really sure the difference between All-Star and Superstar but I'm guessing it is either raising overall stats of CPU AI and keeping team AI the same, or just lowering team AI. I started a career on All-Star but found it way too easy being put on first line after 20 games and having a +/- of like 15. Now on Superstar my +/- is -3 after 5 games and most of those goals are absolute garbage where my teammates are in no man's land or just not covering properly. The offensive side isn't better, where there have been games where we have 10+ more SOG, more time on attack and 10%+ better passing and just get destroyed.

# 435 bluebrowns76 @ 10/16/14 10:39 PM
picked up today. xb1. i'm loving it so far except for a few one major problem. im getting penalties in the game with penalty sliders maxed but all the calls are going to the cpu. im playing 10 minute periods and for my first 3 games in be a gm season mode the cpu had a total of 18 power plays to my 3! also any one know how many tuner updates there are? it just says 1.0 and latest.

# 436 tessl @ 10/17/14 10:49 AM
Maybe it's because I haven't played NHL for about 10 years and therefore I don't miss whatever modes were removed from the game last year, but I think this game in gm mode is a good game and fun to play - with some major slider adjustments.

I normally don't "joystick" games. I use manage mode in MLB the Show, coach mode in Madden. The only game I joysticked in the past was FIFA but I'm going to pass on purchasing FIFA this year and stick with NHL.

If I had played the game last year maybe I would understand the complaints but I'm enjoying the game.

# 437 THESHAMISASHAME @ 10/17/14 05:52 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by bluebrowns76
picked up today. xb1. i'm loving it so far except for a few one major problem. im getting penalties in the game with penalty sliders maxed but all the calls are going to the cpu. im playing 10 minute periods and for my first 3 games in be a gm season mode the cpu had a total of 18 power plays to my 3! also any one know how many tuner updates there are? it just says 1.0 and latest.

Tuners are different this year only V100 and latest to pick from for now at least on ps4 , for penalties turn down cpu teamates penalty slider and try to turn when cpu attacks you to draw penalties , also cycle the puck in your offensive zone to draw Penalties .

Since the update everything is more generated as I used to draw penalties now I kinda just get them depending on whats unfolding and many are off the puck .

UPDATE : Is anyone elses noticing after the patch when something key is happening on the ice the magical bouncing puck comes into play as the catalyst ?

# 438 bluebrowns76 @ 10/17/14 09:04 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by THESHAMISASHAME
Tuners are different this year only V100 and latest to pick from for now at least on ps4 , for penalties turn down cpu teamates penalty slider and try to turn when cpu attacks you to draw penalties , also cycle the puck in your offensive zone to draw Penalties .

Since the update everything is more generated as I used to draw penalties now I kinda just get them depending on whats unfolding and many are off the puck .

UPDATE : Is anyone elses noticing after the patch when something key is happening on the ice the magical bouncing puck comes into play as the catalyst ?
thanks for clarifying the tuners. i will try adjusting that slider and see if that helps. i do cycle the puck in the offensive zone a lot but still im drawing only about one pp a game. the cpu gets away with trips and slashes all the time and i get them called against me constantly!

# 439 Traceur @ 10/17/14 11:09 PM
Just picked this game up on xbone and I'm really digging the gameplay thus far.

Btw, if anyone wants the $25 discount code for the NHL Gamecenter Live, just PM me and it's yours. First one to do so obviously.

# 440 sparkdawg777 @ 10/18/14 02:00 PM
I really don't care to read through all of this forum but is this game worth $35? I was thinking about doing the Toys R Us deal. The last NHL I played was 12 and I've played it off and on for the past few years. I'm a big Be A Pro fan too if anyone can comment on that mode that enjoys it, I heard you can't sim shifts though?

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.