Home
NHL 15 News Post

Have NHL 15
? Want to know what others think of the game before you give it a buy? This is the place for you.

Once you've played the game, post your impressions here. If you have questions about the game, please post them in the Q&A thread. This thread is for impressions only.

What do you think of NHL 15 so far?

Game: NHL 15Reader Score: 6.5/10 - Vote Now
Platform: PS3 / PS4 / Xbox 360 / Xbox OneVotes for game: 16 - View All
NHL 15 Videos
Member Comments
# 521 KungPaow @ 02/23/15 12:59 PM
Is it just me or does anyone else not really care about the whole EASHL thing? I just want more and improved game modes, mostly because I don't have any friends to play EASHL with but still, I find the lack of quality in all the game modes more unappealing than the lack of a single game mode.

# 522 bigwill33 @ 02/23/15 01:41 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by KungPaow
Is it just me or does anyone else not really care about the whole EASHL thing? I just want more and improved game modes, mostly because I don't have any friends to play EASHL with but still, I find the lack of quality in all the game modes more unappealing than the lack of a single game mode.
I actually care way more about EASHL than the other game modes. But mostly because I have friends that I play with and have a blast while doing so. That, and with how bad the other modes in the game have been the last 5 years with horrible AI and game play, it makes me want as many humans as possible controlling the players and not the EA computer guys.

It wouldn't bother me one bit if EASHL was its own separate entity. Make it a $40 stand alone game and I know all of my friends and teammates would just buy that. Wouldn't even need the NHL or NHLPA rights to make that game.

That being said, club and OTP haven't been that great either, but it still beats playing alone or 1v1 online to me.

# 523 THESHAMISASHAME @ 02/23/15 02:45 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by MizzouRah
Pretty much.. yes..
Gonna try again now and will post some more updated impressions tonight ! So whats the latest roster update date ? thanks

# 524 MizzouRah @ 02/23/15 03:52 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by THESHAMISASHAME
Gonna try again now and will post some more updated impressions tonight ! So whats the latest roster update date ? thanks
Maybe February? Since I've been playing full BeaGm, I'm not really sure.

# 525 THESHAMISASHAME @ 02/23/15 11:07 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by MizzouRah
Maybe February? Since I've been playing full BeaGm, I'm not really sure.
Fired up some play now and lost 5-4 me Chi vs Bruins in a back and fourth exciting battle with just the perfect blend of programmed AI and Hu skill on near default and everything was balanced but TOA but thats the way I like it .

3 pp and 2 SH were scored and we each had 3 pp in 8 min periods and I came back from trailing 4-2 and made it 4-4 with Toews SH but then lost on a PPG with 2 minutes left but I couldn't get it to OT though I rang the pipe with 5 seconds left with Kaner .

There were 2 game misconducts on me from hitting from behind But I Just had a blast and I will start a Playoff Mode Marathon later tonight and heres to the 1980 Miracle on Ice The Greatest thing I ever saw in Hockey !

# 526 kehlis @ 02/23/15 11:39 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by THESHAMISASHAME
Was enjoying Hockey day in America yesterday so I tried to pick this up late last night but Target was out so I took it as it wasnt meant to be

But Ill try another Target Monday and if its out then then Ill take it as a hint

So Miz you still enjoying near default ? Tc and hope you been well !
I don't understand why you, as someone who has enjoyed the game as much as you did, got rid of it in the first place.

# 527 THESHAMISASHAME @ 02/24/15 03:08 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by kehlis
I don't understand why you, as someone who has enjoyed the game as much as you did, got rid of it in the first place.
On Pages 1 , 2 and 3 of the link but was also playing in two Hockey leagues as I mentioned in another post but taking care of my Mother always comes first , always !

To add to my response I really only play games for relaxation and enjoy them for what they are and not what they arent as its easier that way and I never let a hobby become a obsession as life is too short for silly stuff

http://www.operationsports.com/forum...gen-now-3.html

# 528 THESHAMISASHAME @ 02/24/15 03:17 AM
Here it is in bold if you dont wanna scroll

I was but I dont game like most people as Im a extremist no moderation here plus Im cheap/thrifty and I normally only play one game at a time but I did mention a while back I wouldnt be playing as much do to my Hockey Leagues starting up .

For better or worst when you play any sports game alot at least with me I can figure out the programming and when it gets forced and predictable Im done .

NBA 2k15 was pretty amazing but once again how they program games today to force sim then lacks real hu player interaction and thats a hard one for me to swallow .( you know when you can predict what will happen)

I find MLBTS in the same boat over time gameplay wise even though it does so much else near perfect but I still find EA NHL the best blend of Hu interaction and cpu AI in any sports game .

Sorry if I went of course Mizz but it was great hearing from you !

UPDATE :
Ok I got my Playoff Mode going and won 2 and lost 1 but I had a great game Chicago me at Stl and won won 4-1 with 2 eng late after STL had the tying goal disallowed so cool ! and the stats were perfect even toa as I try to play position .

Now at times Im tempted to make the game harder but I know its only been a few games so Im sure ill see some twists and turn wont I Mizz ?

# 529 mjavon @ 02/24/15 09:38 PM
Now that I've had this awhile I feel like I can post my adequate impression of it.

Gameplay:
Looks pretty, does many things well but misses key elements. One thing that's driving me nuts is the goalie passing. This isn't usually an issue offline, but is a frequent problem in online games. When you put a puck in the goalie's glove and crash the net with 2-3 forwards, you should be forcing an OZ faceoff. In NHL however, there is no consequence for passing it out of the glove, as it will simply go past the forwards who are directly in the goalie's face. This is not sim and is especially irritating when I'm dominating somebody in the faceoff circle and they're able to maintain possession in this scenario.

The AI seems brain dead at times, from:
-not moving to grab loose pucks
-not reacting to loose pucks directly in their reach soon enough
-NOT COVERING THE BACK POST!!! even using the protect the net and collapsimg strategies, my opponents are still able to connect on multiple one timers in the slot

Presentation:
Awesome, looking forward to year two with these guys having an opportunity to add more lines. I'd like to see more stat overlays during the game though. The atmosphere of the arena is pretty awesome as well, it'd be cool to see some team specific chants going on during the game too though.

Modes:
I don't think I need to go there.

# 530 THESHAMISASHAME @ 02/27/15 03:56 AM
A few more impressions and why I enjoy this game so much as just a tweak here or there on key sliders and its a different game as I lost a 4-3 ot game .

Now I still think this tilted Ice through Hitting and Intimidation needs to be gone but I basically try to eliminate in my games to keep games normal and not all boost swings back and forth .

I basically just lower my hit assistance slider and the cpu had better TOA and were more potent offensively and I had my most exciting game since buying it back as it was 0-0 going into the third and the cpu Jets scored 3 goals on 2pp early in the 3rd period .

Thought I was done but I mounted a comeback and finally tied the game on a Ducks smith Pelley goal with .04 second left on the clock and I almost won it in OT but I lost moments later but it was a amazing game and the best thing I can say is I always felt like I had a chance and stats were even steven so I guess I will have to be more patient in my own D zone positionally and not scramble .

# 531 Swc88 @ 03/01/15 04:01 PM
Huy guys.. I need some help executing the soft tough one timer. I see a bunch of people online do this move. Its typically a short pass across the goalies face to the other player that does a stick side tap into the goal.

Is there a certain time to push the analog stick forward to execute this shot once you make the initial pass?

# 532 Arrowhead21 @ 03/02/15 04:37 PM
the key is to avoid waiting for the puck to arrive on the shooters stick. Try holding the right stick up and aimed in the location of the net you want the 1timer to go as soon as you make your pass

# 533 mjavon @ 03/07/15 01:13 AM
The more I play this game the more frustrated I get. The AI is completely abysmal. From not reaching out to grab a loose puck one foot from them to flat out not playing defense. Is gotten to the point where I think I'm done trying to make it work anymore.

# 534 Ball_Bag @ 03/07/15 08:52 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by mjavon
The more I play this game the more frustrated I get. The AI is completely abysmal. From not reaching out to grab a loose puck one foot from them to flat out not playing defense. Is gotten to the point where I think I'm done trying to make it work anymore.

Yea, you just have to keep pressing the Switch Player button and take total control at ALL times. It's frustrating as hell not being able to rely on any of your AI teammates but that's the way the game is if you want to get your hockey fix in 2015.

The problem I always have is I switch players too quickly trying to go after the CPU player with the puck, often leaving 1 or 2 other CPU players in front of my net undefended for an easy scoring opportunity.

# 535 ohhascend @ 05/10/15 05:54 AM
NHL 15 on the xbox one is dreadful... But its the only game to play so i play it

# 536 biglami @ 05/26/15 11:26 AM
Does anyone who has both PS4 and XBox One notice a different in gameplay? I had NHL 15 for XBox 360 and now for PS4. I enjoyed the gameplay better on 360. Not sure if this is a next gen development issue, or if XBox is just better for sports games?

# 537 Arrowhead21 @ 05/26/15 12:37 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by biglami
Does anyone who has both PS4 and XBox One notice a different in gameplay? I had NHL 15 for XBox 360 and now for PS4. I enjoyed the gameplay better on 360. Not sure if this is a next gen development issue, or if XBox is just better for sports games?
There is a difference between 360 and PS4; no difference between XB1 and PS4

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.