Home
NHL 15 News Post

Have NHL 15
? Want to know what others think of the game before you give it a buy? This is the place for you.

Once you've played the game, post your impressions here. If you have questions about the game, please post them in the Q&A thread. This thread is for impressions only.

What do you think of NHL 15 so far?

Game: NHL 15Reader Score: 6.5/10 - Vote Now
Platform: PS3 / PS4 / Xbox 360 / Xbox OneVotes for game: 16 - View All
NHL 15 Videos
Member Comments
# 461 TexasCaps @ 11/06/14 11:05 PM
WTF!!! Features this is the worst released game in NHL EA history!

# 462 Dmeadows013 @ 11/07/14 06:50 PM
The AI is laughable in this. If NHL players played like this, they would even be in a peewee league. No logic whatsoever

# 463 MizzouRah @ 11/08/14 12:14 PM
Haven't played in a few weeks.. loaded up the 11/7 roster, played a play now game on 10 mins/AS hardcore defaults with penalties turned up.

Game was actually good and fun and I didn't once throw my controller.. lol.

Did the new roster change some things or do play now games play different than BeaGM games?

# 464 MizzouRah @ 11/08/14 12:49 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by lhslancers
Plan on picking up the PS4 real soon. Although I already have 15 for the PS3 I have no problem getting 15 for the 4 as well. Speaking strictly along the lines of graphics and gameplay is this game worth getting? The graphics look pretty good on the old console but I am looking for an improvement in the graphic dept. Since there are no rosters for the 3 or the 360 I don't see that as a reason not to pick this game up if it looks shiny.
I have both (x360/xb1) and the puck physics are exceptional over last gen. The graphics are obviously much better as well as the crowd and arenas. Game play is a mixed bag, however.

# 465 MizzouRah @ 11/08/14 05:24 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by lhslancers
Thanks. So you think the game play on the older consoles is better than on current gen?
I'm not sure how to put it into words.. last gen is what most of us who have played this series for years are used too.. with a few tweaks for the better. Current gen has been a roller coaster ride for many of us. There are times I'm in love with the current gen game and it really feels like I'm at a hockey game.. then, SMACK things happen that make me shut off the game. It's a love and hate relationship for me.

# 466 actionhank @ 11/14/14 12:56 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by oaba09
The problem is, there's no real alternative....2k's nhl games before were not exactly groundbreaking....
That's the worst part. Even when 2K wasn't really producing great games, the competition was still there, and EA had to at least humor the idea of competition. It honestly feels like the NHL series has gotten more focused on money, and less on pleasing all of the fans since the 2K series folded.

# 467 MizzouRah @ 11/16/14 10:01 PM
I'm only 11 games into my BeaGM for like the 4th time after patches, roster updates and what not, but as long as this game doesn't go into beast mode, I'm back to really enjoying this game quite a bit now.

# 468 Splitter77 @ 11/21/14 07:09 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by MizzouRah
I'm only 11 games into my BeaGM for like the 4th time after patches, roster updates and what not, but as long as this game doesn't go into beast mode, I'm back to really enjoying this game quite a bit now.
its such a good game when the game speed is normal.

but like you said, its like watching a game in fast forward when beast mode goes into effect. i dont know why ea kept that crap in the game for next gen.

# 469 Vikes1 @ 11/21/14 10:11 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Splitter77
its such a good game when the game speed is normal.

but like you said, its like watching a game in fast forward when beast mode goes into effect. i dont know why ea kept that crap in the game for next gen.
Agree 100%. Had way too many good playing games ruined by beast mode.

# 470 NightRaven3 @ 11/26/14 12:06 AM
So im new to this nhl thread, but have been a fan of hockey since I was a little kid. The last nhl game I bought was nhl 99. Then I switched to nhl 2k series. I know thats a long time, and I've been hesitant because well its an EA game and they haven't well lately been about a sim experience. So could someone tell me is this franchise worth getting back into? Does it play a good game of hockey? What are the strengths? What are the weaknesses?

# 471 Gerg04 @ 11/26/14 01:27 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by NightRaven3
So im new to this nhl thread, but have been a fan of hockey since I was a little kid. The last nhl game I bought was nhl 99. Then I switched to nhl 2k series. I know thats a long time, and I've been hesitant because well its an EA game and they haven't well lately been about a sim experience. So could someone tell me is this franchise worth getting back into? Does it play a good game of hockey? What are the strengths? What are the weaknesses?
You should be able to find a fair amount of impressions, both good and bad. Ultimately some love it, some hate it; there's very little "middle" ground.

That said, if you really haven't played an NHL game in that long, and you're considering this for x1/ps4 and you're a fan of hockey, this is a must buy. The graphics and puck physics (and presentation for that matter; regardless of what us yearly adapters think) will blow you away. Plus there's plenty of slider sets out there to at the very least give you a base to work with to tweak the game to your liking, if not find the perfect balance.

NHL fan, Black Friday deals, being away from NHL game for 10+ years....personally I think you'll enjoy it, man. And certainly get some value out of it. Good luck!

# 472 Mrmagoo @ 11/26/14 09:54 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by NightRaven3
If you want half a game then go for it, or a half *** game go for it.
Your right it's ea and apparently some things never change.

# 473 NightRaven3 @ 11/27/14 12:50 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mrmagoo
If you want half a game then go for it, or a half *** game go for it.
Your right it's ea and apparently some things never change.
I figured since madden, live, and fifa has their problems. I guess ill give it a try though, there's always the return policy and I can usually figured out if a game is worth it before 30 days are up

# 474 Mrmagoo @ 11/27/14 01:56 PM
What return policy are you referring to?

# 475 Splitter77 @ 12/01/14 09:45 AM
just had a game where beast mode went in my favor.
i was down 4-0 in the 3rd.
game 1 of cup finals. i was boston at home against chicago.
with 11 min left in game i scored that cheesey goal thsat started showiing up this year. the one where your player screening the goalie stops a slapshot and then wwheels it into the vacant net .
then the game stsrts playing like game speed 100.
i score 20 seconds later. then another minute later i score again.
then another mminute later i bull down the wing and try centrr the puck backhand in the slot, but instead it whips it over 3 sticks across to soderberg on the far wing. he bullet one times it top shelf.ha.

it was the least satisfying 4 goal comeback ever.
the game then calmed down. the remaining 7 min were good. ot was great. i ended up scoring a legit greasy goal to win it like 15 min into ot

# 476 jeebs9 @ 12/01/14 11:11 AM
WOW!!!! My little brother had this game for thanksgiving weekend. AND WOW!!! I haven't played NHL in a long time!! But this new one...... I played my brother. And was beating him 4-0 in the second period. He came back to tie the game in the fourth. Went to OT then shootouts. For some reason my brother doesn't know how to score on shoot outs lol. But I figured it out in about 3 or 4 shots. Then BAM easy deke from left to right...

I went out and got the game next day. NHL got me back lol

# 477 CanuckJ @ 12/01/14 08:50 PM
Bought the game yesterday for $38 Canadian. It made me play rangers vs. kings when I started it up and I got my butt kicked so for the hell of it I put replaced quick with jones near the end of the game and noticed it still has the same bug that's been in the game for a few years now. Its not a game changing bug or anything but when you switch goalies the announcer always gets it backwards. For example he said martin jones replaced by Jonathan quick when I did the switch when its the other way around. Figured they at least might have fixed that in the next gen game but guess I was wrong.

Other than that I'm looking forward to playing more of the game tonight and tomorrow. I don't think I could go back to the game on 360 now.

# 478 CanuckJ @ 12/01/14 11:46 PM
How do I edit existing players gear? Like if I wanted to change millers or lacks mask? How do I change the jersey numbers for the players on my team? Active rosters weren't available when I was playing do the active rosters have something to do with it?

# 479 Stormyhog @ 12/04/14 04:41 PM
I finally got my first video review since I bought the game at launch. Goal was waved off for being kicked in but was allowed after the video replay. With never seeing a video replay I thought for sure it was taken out as I never had one happen until today & I've played alot of games.

# 480 MizzouRah @ 12/04/14 06:00 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stormyhog
I finally got my first video review since I bought the game at launch. Goal was waved off for being kicked in but was allowed after the video replay. With never seeing a video replay I thought for sure it was taken out as I never had one happen until today & I've played alot of games.
I'm like 30 games in and have seen about 5-6 so far.

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.