Home
NBA Live 15 News Post

Check out the latest NBA Live 15 screenshots featuring Rajon Rondo, Lance Stephenson, Chris Paul, Ty Lawson, Dwight Howard and LaMarcus Aldridge.

NBA Live 15 screenshot gallery - Click to view NBA Live 15 screenshot gallery - Click to view NBA Live 15 screenshot gallery - Click to view NBA Live 15 screenshot gallery - Click to view NBA Live 15 screenshot gallery - Click to view
Game: NBA Live 15Reader Score: 6/10 - Vote Now
Platform: PS4 / Xbox OneVotes for game: 13 - View All
NBA Live 15 Videos
Member Comments
# 81 Junior Moe @ 09/14/14 06:21 PM
These shots look damn impressive. I spend hours in Madden, NBA2K and The Show replaying plays up close. On that note, has NBA Live changed their replay system to one where we can actually go in and see these details up close?

# 82 Tomba @ 09/14/14 06:57 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by WTF
You talking about Lance?

And CP3 is on point. Love the arena specific lighting.
Thats something i love arena specific lighting. esp say like in indoor sports that are then represented by games

I have medium hopes for this game I KINDA like nba live ON xbox 1 not so much on ps4 so if they can get the unformity sorted and such then i might be inclined to get this

But i know pretty much what well be getting so to expect it to be better than any other game or what have you is defeating the purpose of it

The main purpose of this game is serve as an alternative.

Kind alike project cars to forza or say the crew to horizon 2.

Both can be decent

# 83 SageInfinite @ 09/14/14 07:28 PM
CP3 is my fav screenshot. The rest the faces are cool, but the bodies are off. I know Live is trying to get away from the skinny models but damn. The floor looks amazing on the rondo screenshot, he don't look good though.

# 84 arkhamRejek @ 09/14/14 07:34 PM
Why is rondo on steroids

# 85 bigeastbumrush @ 09/14/14 08:02 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by iTz GoRiLlAz
After my friend was showing me the Unreal Engine 4 today, I leaned a couple of things concerned about animations. The reason 2K has great animation's is because they have there animation blending set to max or really close to it. So he outcome of that is, that the animation look really smooth, but if you were to add contact you would have to animate a secondary animation(s) for 1 reaction. Meanwhile if an animation were set to Physics, the engine would calculate the interaction with no need to animate a contact. The outcome? Well the animations would look really bad NBA Elite. LOL What does this have to do with Live or 2K? Well the reason Live suffers from animations is because they probably have there animation blending set to middle, so that the animation looks sort of smooth, while having the ability to have an object (physics) be able to move the model (again Live said they added more physics to players, especially in the paint). Via a calculation by the engine or having a direct animation occur right after. So Live's problem really is moving away from canned animations (Explained in a Q&A). Because they've decided to be more physics based, their animations are going to be a little awkward. But they have time to polish, and find a right equilibrium of good animation blending, and adding a right amount of physics to players. Hope this excerpt was informative.
Great write-up.

But animations have always been an issue for this series, pre-physics engine.

I don't think contextual animations are a real problem because you're never going to have one-to-one animations using a videogame controller.

FIFA blends good animations and physics well. Guys can bump you off your rhythm, knock you off stride, trip, stumble, etc.

So if FIFA can capture this so well...why can't Live?

# 86 grodbetatted @ 09/14/14 08:12 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by arkhamRejek
Why is rondo on steroids
Rondo is a pretty athletically built individual...

# 87 Rockie_Fresh88 @ 09/14/14 08:14 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by bigeastbumrush
Great write-up.

But animations have always been an issue for this series, pre-physics engine.

I don't think contextual animations are a real problem because you're never going to have one-to-one animations using a videogame controller.

FIFA blends good animations and physics well. Guys can bump you off your rhythm, knock you off stride, trip, stumble, etc.

So if FIFA can capture this so well...why can't Live?
That's what I'm saying I believe it can be done. I don't think adding physics will magically turn a game into nba elite . And I don't like that being used as an excuse to not include physics. It takes the right team and dedication and is possible especially with these new consoles

# 88 grodbetatted @ 09/14/14 08:14 PM
and dwight is by muscle size probably the biggest guy in the NBA so he's not too big either

# 89 King_B_Mack @ 09/14/14 08:31 PM
Nobody said Dwight was. Rondo's arms are still too bulky and cut up though man.

# 90 The 24th Letter @ 09/14/14 08:34 PM
As long as tuning these physics don't result in multiple 'misses' when players should be colliding then that will be great...odd that this isn't talked about more with the focus on responsiveness in these parts but it was horrendous last year....

From play to play I had no idea if I would be able to stop a player from driving because no contact would register. So all these animations they've added are great, but my main concern is if they register consistently...

# 91 JKSportsGamer1984 @ 09/14/14 08:53 PM
I'd rather have players a little too bulky than all super skinny like a lot of 2K's models. That's the best CP3 I've seen in a videogame so far. Live's art team did a great job this year (although players backs are shaped weird), too bad the game still isn't up to par animation wise.

# 92 da ThRONe @ 09/14/14 09:31 PM
My immediate thought was that Rondo, Lawson, and Aldridge were all to bulky or ripped, but after farther review their body styles seem more accurate than I originally thought.

It's clear that EA scanned not only players faces but there bodies as well because these guys body styles are almost as unique as the faces.

# 93 23 @ 09/14/14 09:33 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by da ThRONe
My immediate thought was that Rondo, Lawson, and Aldridge were all to bulky or ripped, but after farther review their body styles seem more accurate than I originally thought.

It's clear that EA scanned not only players faces but there bodies as well because these guys body styles are almost as unique as the faces.
I see the placebo is going to run rampant in here.

# 94 seanhazz1 @ 09/14/14 10:05 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by The 24th Letter
As long as tuning these physics don't result in multiple 'misses' when players should be colliding then that will be great...odd that this isn't talked about more with the focus on responsiveness in these parts but it was horrendous last year....

From play to play I had no idea if I would be able to stop a player from driving because no contact would register. So all these animations they've added are great, but my main concern is if they register consistently...
This also concerns me for the new release. With all the animations and physics said to be added, will the force feedback on the controller properly sync with the on court action? If I hit someone hard/soft will NBA LIVE register the proper force of the interaction and process it to the controller in varying appropriate levels? Too often it registered in a generic manner (many hits felt similar), or didn't register often enough.

# 95 P-Dub @ 09/14/14 10:28 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by The 24th Letter

You bring up an underlying issue that hasn't been thoroughly discussed. Is playing proper positional defense done by just triggering the collision animations? Is that how real defense is played? If the cpu could anticipate that you cut them off properly on a drive, would they change direction or try a step back shot?

# 96 da ThRONe @ 09/14/14 10:32 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by 23
I see the placebo is going to run rampant in here.
Why are you so negative about everything Live related?

If you or anybody else doesn't realize the difference in body models from one player to the next in these close up shots. I don't think the problem is a placebo effect there's some serious and really unnecessary hating going on. The Live 15 arts team has done a complete 180 in one year they deserve all the love these screens earn them. The game can still end up being a complete dumpster fire, but that does not take away from the graphical upgrade we are seeing.

# 97 mlp111 @ 09/14/14 11:06 PM
We all understand that the guys are ripped in real life like lawson, lance, and rondo, however, the body proportions are off. The guys are too buff and ripped. There is no way to justify that, it needs to be toned down a bit. Faces look great, except lance IMO, but the bodies are off. They are just way to big or built.

# 98 23 @ 09/14/14 11:08 PM
Quote:
Why are you so negative about everything Live related?

If you or anybody else doesn't realize the difference in body models from one player to the next in these close up shots. I don't think the problem is a placebo effect there's some serious and really unnecessary hating going on. The Live 15 arts team has done a complete 180 in one year they deserve all the love these screens earn them. The game can still end up being a complete dumpster fire, but that does not take away from the graphical upgrade we are seeing.

Why are you just making stuff up?

We've all seen the video, and unless they've scanned more hunchback looking bodies into the game, then sorry I feel like what you're seeing is placebo, period.

I think we've all spoken for the face scans but don't get all ruffled because people don't think the same as you.

# 99 da ThRONe @ 09/14/14 11:30 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by 23
Why are you just making stuff up?

We've all seen the video, and unless they've scanned more hunchback looking bodies into the game, then sorry I feel like what you're seeing is placebo, period.

I think we've all spoken for the face scans but don't get all ruffled because people don't think the same as you.
When the trailer first dropped I pointed out the difference between Amir Johnson and DeMar DeRozan shoulders and neck area. You can go through and see not everybody is muscular or slim. Look at the Kemba Walker shot vs the Victor Oladipo shot. Look at a still of Steph Curry vs Chris Paul vs Ty Lawson. These guys bodies while they aren't prefect are unique and definitely different from one another.

The hunchback thing is about how the players move not the body models themselves. Again if you look at just the models and don't see the uniqueness IMO you just aren't looking because you don't want to see it.

Either way I'm clearly not going to sway you so I'll move on.

# 100 23 @ 09/14/14 11:37 PM
Quote:
When the trailer first dropped I pointed out the difference between Amir Johnson and DeMar DeRozan shoulders and neck area. You can go through and see not everybody is muscular or slim. Look at the Kemba Walker shot vs the Victor Oladipo shot. Look at a still of Steph Curry vs Chris Paul vs Ty Lawson. These guys bodies while they aren't prefect are unique and definitely different from one another.

The hunchback thing is about how the players move not the body models themselves. Again if you look at just the models and don't see the uniqueness IMO you just aren't looking because you don't want to see it.

Either way I'm clearly not going to sway you so I'll move on.
Oh im not talking about that, im talking about the raw footage from the gamestop event, not some trailer carefully constructed together.

You're talking about scanned everyone's body...please tell me where all of this is at because id like to see some video lol. That's what im on you about, not about the scans... they look NICE... the bodies have proportion issues as they have for years and LOL@ not wanting to see it.

No worries man im done with you my dude. It's not even funny anymore.
here is the video im referring to
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PDzU...NWai7LRgRhaSOg

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.