Home
NBA 2K15 News Post

NBA 2K15 patch #3 has been submitted to Microsoft and Sony and should be released within the next 10 to 14 days for Xbox One, PlayStation 4 and PC. Patch notes will not be released until then, but @LD2K tweeted a few nuggets.

Quote:
Patch #3 for #NBA2K15 is very big. Addressing a ton: including 2K cam "frame rate" issue, showing score while waiting & timeout exploit.

As previously stated, the Patch #3 also brings new hairstyles to #NBA2K15 and adds a ton of gameplay tweaks including zig-zag+btb nerfs.

The gameplay team has been looking at all your feedback and patch #3 plays phenomenal. Lots of cheddar cutting too.

Patch #3 is also bringing some of the latest updates to face scanning.

He also notes frame rate issues at the Jordan Rec Center have been addressed, you will see improvements on defense, and for those of you with Online Leagues, all feedback is in the hands on the dev team. So it would appear as though this particular patch will not fix any issues in that mode.

UPDATE: (Response from LD2K) To sum it up, 6 pages worth of bullet point patch notes.

Game: NBA 2K15Reader Score: 8/10 - Vote Now
Platform: iOS / PC / PS3 / PS4 / Xbox 360 / Xbox OneVotes for game: 64 - View All
NBA 2K15 Videos
Member Comments
# 81 iNKxWestSide @ 12/01/14 11:07 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by LD2k
Patch #3 is going to be a great one. Will try to provide more details but full patch notes will arrive with the patch within, hopefully, 10-14 days.

To sum it up, 6 pages worth of bullet point patch notes.
What's up LD any chance the patch will include the ability to create your own jump shot again for my career?

# 82 TheLambOfDeth @ 12/01/14 11:11 PM
I just hope there's some major hairstyle updates, and a headband option. And some new shoes. Man, there's tons of shoes not in this game.

# 83 Heatcheck3s @ 12/01/14 11:12 PM
I wonder if input lag will be addressed.

# 84 skrewzilla @ 12/01/14 11:14 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by CRIP4LIFE
i'm very familiar with the zig-zagging people do online... but what is "btb"?

back to the basket?

i wasnt aware this needed nerfing. what exploit was this?
Behind the back. A exploit using a certain btb move to get to the rim and just shoot

# 85 renome @ 12/01/14 11:32 PM
i have a question: with each patch downloaded, will they only take effect (the gameplay adjustments, new face scans, etc.) in the most up-to-date roster when the patch is released, or will it have a retro-active effect (meaning, the patch-ups/improvements also take effect in created rosters done prior to the patch release)? thanks in advance OS

# 86 lakers24 @ 12/01/14 11:37 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by renome
i have a question: with each patch downloaded, will they only take effect (the gameplay adjustments, new face scans, etc.) in the most up-to-date roster when the patch is released, or will it have a retro-active effect (meaning, the patch-ups/improvements also take effect in created rosters done prior to the patch release)? thanks in advance OS
Patches usually update the files in the game and not the rosters so you shouldn't have a problem with player faces and what not. For example on pc in the past you could update cf's anytime as long as the iff is being replaced. As for gameplay, I'm sure they are updating some code so the changes should happen across the game regardless of roster,but again who knows. There may end up being a issue with these things.

# 87 yungsta404 @ 12/01/14 11:39 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by CRIP4LIFE
i'm very familiar with the zig-zagging people do online... but what is "btb"?

back to the basket?

i wasnt aware this needed nerfing. what exploit was this?
Behind the back move. Its an overpowered dribble move that can be exploited really easily. Its very prominent in mypark/rec game mode.

What makes it so cheesy is when people spam it, they are able to switch directions at lightening quick speeds multiple times with no penalty, so its impossible to stay infront of them and the dribbler is usually able to get to the rim with ease using exploit this. They also get an extra speed burst everytime they do the move so it compounds the problem.

The behind the back exploit is basically like the zig zag cheese on the move. Instead of going side to side in one spot, the dribbler is able to go side to side while moving towards the rim.

# 88 Find_the_Door @ 12/01/14 11:55 PM
Problem with them "fixing" zig zag cheese is that they likely didn't actually address the problem there (input lag) and likely just covered it up by making the offensive player change directions unrealistically slow.

# 89 allBthere @ 12/02/14 12:11 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by DonWuan
As much complaining that I've been doing the number 1 thing that irks my nerves is most Cpu waiting till the end of shot clock to attempt most field goals.

Tied at first is input lag

Close 2nd is clipping.

3rd is Cpu putbacks ability with players with no skill. Players who have hustle badges, I don't mind.
All i want it for ME to be able to do a putback! I haven't been able to do this in any mode no matter what player.

# 90 23 @ 12/02/14 12:12 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by allBthere
All i want it for ME to be able to do a putback! I haven't been able to do this in any mode no matter what player.
up your dunk in traffic slider

# 91 Poke @ 12/02/14 12:19 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by allBthere
Are you holding square? Or X if you're playing on X1?

# 92 otakuspeedvibe @ 12/02/14 12:31 AM
If i read it correctly 10-15 days for sony/microsoft to review patch? Any chance the PC patch will come out quicker?

# 93 bcruise @ 12/02/14 12:37 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by otakuspeedvibe
If i read it correctly 10-15 days for sony/microsoft to review patch? Any chance the PC patch will come out quicker?
Likely, but not guaranteed. Although I feel like it would be somewhat of a douche move to do so, 2k could probably have steam hold the patch until consoles get it if they wanted to.

As a PC user, hoping that doesn't happen.Pretty sure we got the last one around a week in advance of the consoles.

# 94 ViolenceFight @ 12/02/14 12:41 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Batum Shaka Laka
Problem with them "fixing" zig zag cheese is that they likely didn't actually address the problem there (input lag) and likely just covered it up by making the offensive player change directions unrealistically slow.
I believe earlier in the thread LD2K mentioned upping the defenders speed to cope. I don't experience a good deal of input lag, or rather I don't notice it on anything other than jumpers on the park. Not saying it's not there (I know it is), but it hasn't effected the defensive side of me.

Happy I can go back to my old behind the back dribble. I felt like I had to use the broken one to compete. Simply allowing you to make contact defensively during the forward motion on it would be enough. As it is, they literally teleport through you if you are not on the side the dribble is going to take them too.

I've been able to teleport through 3 guys, in defensive stance, all of which should have made contact. Tight D? 2 behind the backs puts you at the Rim. I can go back to using the one that gives me more lateral movement now and a crisper stop if I want to fake the drive

# 95 joosegoose @ 12/02/14 12:46 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by bcruise
Likely, but not guaranteed. Although I feel like it would be somewhat of a douche move to do so, 2k could probably have steam hold the patch until consoles get it if they wanted to.

As a PC user, hoping that doesn't happen.Pretty sure we got the last one around a week in advance of the consoles.
The way the announcement was worded I'm worried about this. Since Steam doesn't approve patches, I've been checking for the patch daily under the impression that we'd have it as soon as it's submitted for consoles. Especially since patch notes won't be released until the actual patch, I'm worried they might hold off until the console patches are finalized.

I'm way too anxious to finally play this game again.

# 96 JCMorgan86 @ 12/02/14 01:42 AM
I wonder if this patch will fix the settings returning to Default in MyCareer. Not all of the settings, but some of the in-game settings always return to default. Presentation settings such as the volume levels of the crowd, commentators and PA. I dont get why the crowd volume is set so darn loud by default? I prefer to hear the ball bounce, shoes squeaking and other floor sounds.

# 97 Bake04 @ 12/02/14 02:06 AM
Headbands and tattoos for CAP. It's in the game for MyPlayer but not available to Created players. Hopefully that gets addressed.

# 98 Ward13 @ 12/02/14 02:36 AM
This game is gonna be patch galore smh so many issues that need to be addressed it's far from humorous...

😙💨😤😑 Hi.

# 99 renome @ 12/02/14 02:37 AM
"Patches usually update the files in the game and not the rosters so you shouldn't have a problem with player faces and what not. For example on pc in the past you could update cf's anytime as long as the iff is being replaced. As for gameplay, I'm sure they are updating some code so the changes should happen across the game regardless of roster,but again who knows. There may end up being a issue with these things."

Thanks lakers24!

# 100 RagazzoKobe @ 12/02/14 02:42 AM
We don't need patching headbands, shoes and things like this. I think we all can live with that, but things like regression in myleague/association, defender being so slow on his feet are gamebreaking.

Stat overlay thing is also annoying

Things that have also been mentioned as points in the paint and fouls can be and are corrected by sliders, not as much as we would like but still it's not as big of a deal as it was without slider adjusting.

I believe Leftos when he says that game plays great now, let's just see what exactly they adressed and patched. 2 weeks is not much.

Post A Comment
This thread has been closed for new comments.