Home
MLB 15 The Show News Post

The MLB 15 The Show livestream on Twitch has begun, featuring a full game and discussion on UI improvements.

Click the spoiler button below to watch it here or click here to view it on a new page. Once the steam has completed, we will update this post with a link to the archive for those of you that miss it.

UPDATE: If you missed the stream, click the spoiler button below or click here to watch the archive on Twitch. Due to an issue during the stream, the first 11 minutes can be seen here. Unfortunately, it doesn't look like extra innings was archived.

Game: MLB 15 The ShowReader Score: 9/10 - Vote Now
Platform: PS Vita / PS3 / PS4Votes for game: 31 - View All
MLB 15 The Show Videos
Member Comments
# 81 Russell_SCEA @ 02/19/15 10:32 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by CubFan23
Hopefully Ramone can pop back in here and answer this. The Cubs announced that they will be wearing an Ernie Banks #14 patch this year, any chance this makes it in?
If I'm not mistaken jerseys were locked a few weeks ago. So I'll go out on a limb and say I doubt it but I could be wrong.

# 82 ClarkWGrizwold @ 02/19/15 10:33 PM
So all the pitchers still had long sleeves during a night game, maybe they can fix this issue that's been going on since 07 in 16. This is really the only thing that bothers me in the game because it's visual, not realistic and makes the game get stale after 1 month or 2 just like the last few years.

# 83 kehlis @ 02/19/15 10:34 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Knight165
The lights outside the stadium are better for sure....but it could be brighter by a bit.
I wouldn't want it all out and distracting....the picture kehlis posted is really the first I've seen that it looks that bright.

M.K.
Knight165
Agreed, to the same degree that I don't think still pictures do PNC justice I do think that picture I found is a bit over the top.

Would love a happy medium though. Buildings, outlines and lights are clearly noticeable during night games.

# 84 HozAndMoose @ 02/19/15 10:36 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by kehlis
I actually even used to work in the Steel Building (the tallest one in the background) and I can assure you our lights are on 24/7 and are very noticeable while watching both in person and on TV.
Okay then they are noticeable in person. Never been to a game at PNC so how would i know. But as far as being noticeable on TV i still have to disagree.

Thats a screen shot from this highlight. The names on the buildings are definitely bright and noticeable. But all the other lights in the windows arent very bright at all. Or they dont look like it on TV. If that is what you see during a broadcast isnt that what you should see in the game since that is what its trying to replicate? Maybe that was just a dark night. You are the Pirates fans so you would know more than i would.

Edit - Wasnt paying to much attention to how many buildings there were that you could see compared to what you could see on the game. There re definitely more buildings that you can see with lights on in real life than the game. The ones you can see though i believe are bright enough.

# 85 Armor and Sword @ 02/19/15 10:38 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ClarkWGrizwold
So all the pitchers still had long sleeves during a night game, maybe they can fix this issue that's been going on since 07 in 16. This is really the only thing that bothers me in the game because it's visual, not realistic and makes the game get stale after 1 month or 2 just like the last few years.
So sleeves on a pitcher make the game stale in 1 or 2 months.

Ok I think I have heard it all now.

# 86 HozAndMoose @ 02/19/15 10:39 PM
Starting the upload to YouTube now.

# 87 tsbmolina @ 02/19/15 10:44 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Knight165
The lights outside the stadium are better for sure....but it could be brighter by a bit.
I wouldn't want it all out and distracting....the picture kehlis posted is really the first I've seen that it looks that bright.

M.K.
Knight165
Here's another pic, if nothing else the bridge should at least be lit up much more.

# 88 JayD @ 02/19/15 10:44 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Russell_SCEA
Will be fixed tomorrow
Awesome! Thanks for the quick fix.

# 89 HozAndMoose @ 02/19/15 10:45 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by A_Quiet_Pro
Obviously you're going to post the link when it's el finito? lol
Yepp. Half way done uploading. Then youtube gets to decide how long it wants to take to process it.

# 90 Madden's Jowels @ 02/19/15 10:48 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by HozAndMoose
Yepp. Half way done uploading. Then youtube gets to decide how long it wants to take to process it.

So what's the advantage of uploading to youtube rather than just watching the archive on twitch?

# 91 HustlinOwl @ 02/19/15 10:48 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Russell_SCEA
Will be fixed tomorrow

# 92 tsbmolina @ 02/19/15 10:49 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by NDAlum
Nitpick: I really want the Pirates jerseys to be a more black color and not so faded looking...
The colors always appear washed out in these streams. I guarantee it will be much more vibrant and blacks darker once you get it home playing on your 1080p screen.

# 93 HozAndMoose @ 02/19/15 10:50 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Madden's Jowels
So what's the advantage of uploading to youtube rather than just watching the archive on twitch?
Some people cant watch it on twitch if they arent using a PC. Iphone and PS4 users cant watch archives but can youtube.

# 94 Madden's Jowels @ 02/19/15 10:50 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by A_Quiet_Pro
Choice of resolution... I like watching my streams archived at full 1080p.

But if it's originally streamed in 720p and you're just uploading that same source, how does that work exactly

# 95 MetsFan16 @ 02/19/15 10:50 PM
I love watching these streams but it sure makes it hard going back to my MLB 14 franchise. Either way I understand that the game may not be 100% identical to real life, or they may add a certain feature that is not ideal for a certain player, but all in all, this is a really incredible game.

I will never hesitate to purchase. Knowing the amount of work and commitment this dev team puts into the game and community it is truly a beautiful game and people who do nothing but bash and criticize every little detail they feel is slightly off real life, all I can say is, it's a video game and it is not possible to be compeltely bug free and look identical to real life, but it sure does come pretty close. If you want to see real life baseball turn on MLB network and hold the controller in your hand.

# 96 ClarkWGrizwold @ 02/19/15 10:51 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Armor & Sword
So sleeves on a pitcher make the game stale in 1 or 2 months.

Ok I think I have heard it all now.
It does for me when your looking at the batters up to a certain temp during night games and the pitchers to another temp that always have sleeves it's not realistic. Guess I'll keep quiet since you post 1 negative personal opinion about this game and you get questioned on it, i guess you have no issues with this game at all.

# 97 Factzzz @ 02/19/15 10:58 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by seanjeezy
Hasn't that always been the case? Neck tattoos are there because face scans are done from the neck up, not because of some special permission granted by a tattoo artist. Its also why some players have giant studs in their ears when no one in their right mind would wear those during a game lol
It has always been the case, where only neck tattoos were in the game, but earlier in the month, people were saying it's because they have to get permission to use the tattoo artists work or whatever, and i'm saying that's not the case most likely.

# 98 dazzelle @ 02/19/15 10:59 PM
Only watched the first 11min part of the stream so far.

A bit disappointed the game intro presentation didn't get a upgrade/freshen up, its basically been the same the past 2 years.Only played 13 and 14.
Why not add in some of those great camera angles/pans of the crowd from the "summer wind" trailer.

Sorry for being a bit negative but presentation is a big part of sports games for me and feel like a bit of a change up each year could help keep it a bit fresh.

# 99 kehlis @ 02/19/15 11:00 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by HozAndMoose
Okay then they are noticeable in person. Never been to a game at PNC so how would i know. But as far as being noticeable on TV i still have to disagree.

Thats a screen shot from this highlight. The names on the buildings are definitely bright and noticeable. But all the other lights in the windows arent very bright at all. Or they dont look like it on TV. If that is what you see during a broadcast isnt that what you should see in the game since that is what its trying to replicate? Maybe that was just a dark night. You are the Pirates fans so you would know more than i would.

Edit - Wasnt paying to much attention to how many buildings there were that you could see compared to what you could see on the game. There re definitely more buildings that you can see with lights on in real life than the game. The ones you can see though i believe are bright enough.
Very fair. I can't argue with that picture but I think if you will look at these two pictures you will see at least a small noticeable difference.

Like I told Knight, I don't need fireworks and all the lights in the buildings but mainly just want some definition and the Clemente Bridge should be a must:

As to the other question of should it look like what we see on TV or what we see in person I think that would be more of a personal preference and to be honest I guess I would say I would want a bit of a mix.

# 100 adh5199 @ 02/19/15 11:03 PM
I also noticed that the black uniforms were greyish black but the long sleeves were absolute black. Russell, could you clarify why that is? Is it something done out of necessity for the graphic artists or did the Jersey really color match to be greyish when you guys tested them compared to the real thing? I noticed the Padres blue jersey was dull like that too. Maybe the fabric used for the jerseys in the game cause the coloring to be that way?

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.