Home
MLB 15 The Show News Post

The MLB 15 The Show livestream on Twitch has begun, featuring a full game and discussion on UI improvements.

Click the spoiler button below to watch it here or click here to view it on a new page. Once the steam has completed, we will update this post with a link to the archive for those of you that miss it.

UPDATE: If you missed the stream, click the spoiler button below or click here to watch the archive on Twitch. Due to an issue during the stream, the first 11 minutes can be seen here. Unfortunately, it doesn't look like extra innings was archived.

Game: MLB 15 The ShowReader Score: 9/10 - Vote Now
Platform: PS Vita / PS3 / PS4Votes for game: 31 - View All
MLB 15 The Show Videos
Member Comments
# 101 Armor and Sword @ 02/19/15 11:04 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ClarkWGrizwold
It does for me when your looking at the batters up to a certain temp during night games and the pitchers to another temp that always have sleeves it's not realistic. Guess I'll keep quiet since you post 1 negative personal opinion about this game and you get questioned on it, i guess you have no issues with this game at all.

No game is perfect. But don't get hissy when you post what 99% of the members here would view as nonsense. Sleeves? Your talking about sleeves.

Tell me you want full career stat tracking...hell I will take Retractable roofs...but sleeves!

Hey man....I am busting your balls so don't take it too personally. But I gotta call that out. Sorry man. I come from the generation of baseball games that had square baseballs and stick figures.

It's all about perspective for me.

# 102 ApolloKids @ 02/19/15 11:05 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by BravesBoy
so......anything positive?
Haven't seen many positive posts, which is a shame.

# 103 rkocjay @ 02/19/15 11:06 PM
could the building be dark because of copyright issue of the company names on the building? idk just a thought

# 104 Knight165 @ 02/19/15 11:08 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Factzzz
It has always been the case, where only neck tattoos were in the game, but earlier in the month, people were saying it's because they have to get permission to use the tattoo artists work or whatever, and i'm saying that's not the case most likely.

When you say people....you mean Ramone?....he's the one that pointed to Madden and the problems they are experiencing with tattoos now.
It's an absolute fact that tattoo artists are likely winning a case in which their art is displayed without permission.
I'm sure SCEA doesn't want to test those waters until there is some sort of precedence set in existing cases.
Is that the reason SCEA is not going that route? Perhaps only partially.(the across the board player models are probably the biggest culprit right now...but I think if they wanted to...they could take a player model...dupe it and put tattoos on it if they wanted...just a guess)

M.K.
Knight165

# 105 ClarkWGrizwold @ 02/19/15 11:10 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Armor & Sword
No game is perfect. But don't get hissy when you post what 99% of the members here would view as nonsense. Sleeves? Your talking about sleeves.

Tell me you want full career stat tracking...hell I will take Retractable roofs...but sleeves!

Hey man....I am busting your balls so don't take it too personally. But I gotta call that out. Sorry man. I come from the generation of baseball games that had square baseballs and stick figures.

Not taking it personal at all, to me that this is the only thing that bothers me shows how great this game is. My point is that it's something you see in every night game that just gets old, when you watch a night game in real life the players are not doing that.

Look at some of the posts in this thread about the lighting at PNC to them it's visual and not correct, same difference on my point of long sleeves.

# 106 Knight165 @ 02/19/15 11:12 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by rkocjay
could the building be dark because of copyright issue of the company names on the building? idk just a thought
I think they would just change them if that was the case.....but leads me to an interesting side note...

Did anyone see the PC Gamer article on the upcoming game "The Division" in which the lead artist of the game states how they couldn't replicate the buildings of Manhattan to anywhere near 100% due to copyrighting of BUILDINGS!?

I wonder how this could effect a game like MLBTS?

M.K.
Knight165

# 107 HozAndMoose @ 02/19/15 11:14 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by kehlis
Very fair. I can't argue with that picture but I think if you will look at these two pictures you will see at least a small noticeable difference.

Like I told Knight, I don't need fireworks and all the lights in the buildings but mainly just want some definition and the Clemente Bridge should be a must:

As to the other question of should it look like what we see on TV or what we see in person I think that would be more of a personal preference and to be honest I guess I would say I would want a bit of a mix.
Yeah i completely agree. When i was looking at the night shot in game the buildings i could see looked fine. But i wasnt paying attention to the fact that there were buildings you could barely see at all. The buildings outlined in red definitely needs some more light added to them.

# 108 CujoMatty @ 02/19/15 11:15 PM
Quote:
It has always been the case, where only neck tattoos were in the game, but earlier in the month, people were saying it's because they have to get permission to use the tattoo artists work or whatever, and i'm saying that's not the case most likely.
i havent heard anything about where SCEA officially stand on representing tattoos. EAs policy is that they need the artists permission because of an incident that happened with one of the companies getting sued by a tattoo artist a few years ago for a tattoo he designed being on A player that was on the cover of the game. with all the lawsuits against EA I'm pretty sure they are a little gun shy. 2k seems to not be troubled however as pretty much everyone's tattoos are represented in NBA2K.

The fact that neck tattoos are in MLB the show hints that they aren't too worried about possible legal action. Im pretty sure it's because they only want to do different head models for each player and not arms. Most games are this way. Each player file in NBA2k has a head, arms, and even legs now I believe where as in MLB it's just a head and the players share arm textures.

The neck tattoos are scanned with the face but anyone with even a little photo shop knowledge could edit them out which further tells me SCEA isn't worried about getting the artists permission. I honestly believe they just haven't decided that doing individual arm textures is something they want to do yet.

# 109 HozAndMoose @ 02/19/15 11:16 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by kehlis
Very fair. I can't argue with that picture but I think if you will look at these two pictures you will see at least a small noticeable difference.

Like I told Knight, I don't need fireworks and all the lights in the buildings but mainly just want some definition and the Clemente Bridge should be a must:

As to the other question of should it look like what we see on TV or what we see in person I think that would be more of a personal preference and to be honest I guess I would say I would want a bit of a mix.
Yeah i completely agree. When i was looking at the night shot in game the buildings i could see looked fine. But i wasnt paying attention to the fact that there were buildings you could barely see at all. The buildings outlined in red definitely needs some more light added to them.

The middle building (the one you worked in i believe) is almost invisible at night.

# 110 Knight165 @ 02/19/15 11:17 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ClarkWGrizwold
Not taking it personal at all, to me that this is the only thing that bothers me shows how great this game is. My point is that it's something you see in every night game that just gets old, when you watch a night game in real life the players are not doing that.

Look at some of the posts in this thread about the lighting at PNC to them it's visual and not correct, same difference on my point of long sleeves.
I(and Slab) did make some possible suggestions to Ramone on this.....
In time for '15?....IDK....the most appealing.....putting in an option for NO long sleeves definitely won't be in '15 as that is an art change as well.....and I'm sure that's locked down.
I'm hoping they can at least lower the threshold so it's not so prevalent.

M.K.
Knight165

# 111 seanjeezy @ 02/19/15 11:21 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ApolloKids
Haven't seen many positive posts, which is a shame.
Well... we didn't really see anything new, the big shiny "back of the box" improvements like lighting and licensed equipment were featured in previous streams.

When you are already aware of the positives it is much easier to point out some of the smaller negatives, for example - outfielders still fire rockets off their back foot and charge in on hard hit line drives or grounders. Subtle a.i. decisions go a long way into making the nuances of the game seem more believable, so I am a little disappointed in that regard. I didn't see any of the non-linear route running that was shown off in the first stream, but that was probably a result of there not being too many opportunities for outfielders to backtrack.

One more thing that bugged me a bit was the unnecessary barehand catch by the Cubs SS that led to a throwing error. There was no pressure coming from the lead runner and the batter was not even halfway down the line, why in the world would a professional ballplayer even try something like that? I know there is a new speed paradigm for baserunners this year - how about a fielding urgency paradigm next year? I think that is one area of the game that we all agree needs more attention, the situational awareness of fielders.

# 112 Factzzz @ 02/19/15 11:22 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Knight165
When you say people....you mean Ramone?....he's the one that pointed to Madden and the problems they are experiencing with tattoos now.
It's an absolute fact that tattoo artists are likely winning a case in which their art is displayed without permission.
I'm sure SCEA doesn't want to test those waters until there is some sort of precedence set in existing cases.
Is that the reason SCEA is not going that route? Perhaps only partially.(the across the board player models are probably the biggest culprit right now...but I think if they wanted to...they could take a player model...dupe it and put tattoos on it if they wanted...just a guess)

M.K.
Knight165
I don't want to turn this into a thread about the tattoo issue, but the fact that there have been neck tattoos in the game for years now, and the fact that one of the devs mentioned that they always look to add players neck tattoos (or whatever he said, i'm paraphrasing), strongly leads me to believe that the copyright issue for why there aren't tattoos on players arms is like 2% true.

And it's more than likely completely due to the fact that they use the same arms for all the players.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Armor & Sword

This issue bothers a good amount of people actually.

It's ridiculous that the game still forces players to wear long sleeves. Especially considering it's worse for pitchers.

It seems like it would be an easy fix, but it's brought up year after year, but yet it remains in the game.

At least lower the threshold, that forces players to wear long sleeves.

# 113 HozAndMoose @ 02/19/15 11:23 PM
Quote:
I don't want to turn this into a thread about the tattoo issue, but the fact that there have been neck tattoos in the game for years now, and the fact that one of the devs mentioned that they always look to add players neck tattoos (or whatever he said, i'm paraphrasing), strongly leads me to believe that the copyright issue for why there aren't tattoos on players arms is like 2% true.

And it's more than likely completely due to the fact that they use the same arms for all the players.

This issue bothers a good amount of people actually.

It's ridiculous that the game still forces players to wear long sleeves. Especially considering it's worse for pitchers.

It seems like it would be an easy fix, but it's brought up year after year, but yet it remains in the game.

At least lower the threshold, that forces players to wear long sleeves.
People complain yes. But you were making it out to be a game breaker which it is not.

# 114 ruskoz @ 02/19/15 11:24 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by HozAndMoose
Im not saying that doesnt happen. But just from searching on google i see like 10 dark pics for every 1 light one. And you can tell that even with the lights on its no where near as bright as your pic. Most people seem to want something like you posted though so maybe they should just do what the consumer wants. From a realistic standpoint though i think where its at now is fine.

Edit - mis understood your post deleted that part.
You cant compare a picture to what the human eye is capable of. This is mainly an exposure to light difference. PNC at night, looking towards the sky line will not be captured in any picture taken. The only way it can come close is if you increase the exposure to light by a substantial amount. That is one of the reasons why this picture show the building light up. Here is a good link to the science behind it. http://www.cambridgeincolour.com/tut...-human-eye.htm

# 115 HustlinOwl @ 02/19/15 11:28 PM
this lighting issue is going to be for all stadiums I bet

# 116 seanjeezy @ 02/19/15 11:29 PM
If having individual jerseys during the all-star game is a giant memory hog then individual tattoos/player models can't be too far off either. Personally I find that reason to be much more believable than disgruntled tattoo artists arguing over compensation.

# 117 CujoMatty @ 02/19/15 11:30 PM
Quote:
People complain yes. But you were making it out to be a game breaker which it is not.
I really wish the game handled long sleeves better in general not just at night. Anyone that plays a franchise in the show as the Blue Jays knows that you get about a month between mid July and mid august where the players don't wear long sleeves at home day or night. And to top it off the Jays play in a dome in cold weather.

# 118 Factzzz @ 02/19/15 11:30 PM
Quote:
It wasn't me who brought it up in the first place, it's no where near a game breaker for me.

I've come to terms with it now actually, since it doesn't seem it's gonna get fixed.

# 119 ClarkWGrizwold @ 02/19/15 11:33 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Knight165
I(and Slab) did make some possible suggestions to Ramone on this.....
In time for '15?....IDK....the most appealing.....putting in an option for NO long sleeves definitely won't be in '15 as that is an art change as well.....and I'm sure that's locked down.
I'm hoping they can at least lower the threshold so it's not so prevalent.

M.K.
Knight165
Knight and Slab thanks for that. Why wouldn't they just lower the threshold to solve the issue this year and going forward instead of waiting until next year and having to put in the work for an option to not have sleeves?

# 120 HozAndMoose @ 02/19/15 11:34 PM
Quote:
It wasn't me who brought it up in the first place, it's no where near a game breaker for me.

I've come to terms with it now actually, since it doesn't seem it's gonna get fixed.
Sorry i thought it was you that said that it makes you sell it in 1-2 months. My bad.

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.