Home
NBA 2K16 News Post

It's fair to say people in these parts are hungry for any and every piece of NBA 2K16 info at this point. So Zach Timmerman, a producer on NBA 2K16, rolled into his office on Sunday morning. He noticed his version of the game had finished building and was like, "oh snap, guess that means I didn't break anything major by adding these new animations. Time to tweet!" (Okay, I don't actually know if he said any of this but go with me here.)

But okay, on a slightly more serious note obviously seeing this little snapshot of the development process is good times. When marketers hype up the fact that a new sports game has "hundreds of new animations!" it sort of gets lost on most of us because we can't really discern what that means and what they really impacted. But when it's specific like this, it at least gives folks something easier to grasp. In other words, it maybe does not sound as "wow-worthy" but it actually means something much more tangible.

So this sounds like good news to us as the post-up game is always in need of love as it's all about moves, double moves and variety overall to keep the cat and mouse game going.

How did you folks feel about the post game anyway in NBA 2K15?

Game: NBA 2K16Reader Score: 8/10 - Vote Now
Platform: PC / PS3 / PS4 / Xbox 360 / Xbox OneVotes for game: 45 - View All
NBA 2K16 Videos
Member Comments
# 1 Taer @ 06/08/15 10:45 AM
Thanks for the link, Steve. I guess this is part of the "smoother running 2k16" The post-up game can always be improved, so this is good news.

# 2 sleepyshotta @ 06/08/15 11:40 AM
Can't really take advantage of smaller players in 2K15 deep in the post. I believe they did this to minimize points in the paint, but it's annoying being stopped by 6-footers while you have a big strong 7-footer deep in the post. Other than that I like post game in NBA 2K15 for the most part.

Youtube.com/sleepynate718
Twitter.com/ryanjnate

# 3 Bexthelegend @ 06/08/15 11:42 AM
How easily people can steal the ball from post players is annoying

# 4 scottyp180 @ 06/08/15 11:46 AM
Great to see the post game receiving some love. I just hope the fluidness of the animations are improved. I love the 2k series, haven't missed a release in over a decade, but the series is in need of an improvement to animations and control. It has gotten better over the years but there are still too many instances where the game doesn't feel smooth and responsive and control seems to be taken away from the user. I'm hoping to hear that the development team has either a new or improved animation systems resulting in more accurate control and movement.

# 5 adamspag @ 06/08/15 11:51 AM
this is good news, big men needed some love. Hopefully we can dunk from the post.

# 6 scottyp180 @ 06/08/15 11:55 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by sleepyshotta
Can't really take advantage of smaller players in 2K15 deep in the post. I believe they did this to minimize points in the paint, but it's annoying being stopped by 6-footers while you have a big strong 7-footer deep in the post. Other than that I like post game in NBA 2K15 for the most part.

Youtube.com/sleepynate718
Twitter.com/ryanjnate
The post game is inconsistent in my opinion. Sometimes I feel like I am able to do what I want in the post and other times I am getting stripped by smaller defenders causing me to shy away from the bigs.

IMO they need to do a better job of showing off the different attributes of bigs. Some players a strong and can bully players around in the paint, some bigs are quick and able to blow by or around defends, and others gave a combination of both (thinking of Shaq here).

I dislike that if I do a drop step or post spin move it is the same move no matter who I use (at least from what I notice). Shaq ate people up in the post with his spin move. Performing this move with Shaq shold be quicker and more effective than attempting the move with someone like Hibbert.

# 7 miller31time @ 06/08/15 12:00 PM
Hopefully it looks and feels a lot more refined and smooth. The post-game in 2K15 is pretty bad. Hook shot animations are ancient and look very little like reality. Post fade-aways have a success rate of about 95% in my experience (though the shots themselves look pretty good, I will say). The ball gets stripped most times when you attempt a post-hop no matter if it's contextually appropriate or not. And as has been said before, it's pretty difficult to take advantage of smaller mismatches for some reason.

# 8 Vni @ 06/08/15 12:09 PM
That's something I had been wanting and asking for a while.

Very nice.

# 9 RusDids29 @ 06/08/15 12:38 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by adamspag
this is good news, big men needed some love. Hopefully we can dunk from the post.
http://xboxclips.com/RusDids29/31bf9...c-a430946402f9 u can....

# 10 adamspag @ 06/08/15 12:43 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by RusDids29
I have a bunch of them on my channel https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jpuRikP1pUE from the 100s of games I've played with my big that animation is extremely rare and can only be pulled off on players without post locked down defender badge. But I was thinking more like shaq back down dunks my bad for miscommunication.

# 11 georgiafan @ 06/08/15 12:48 PM
good news anytime the post game gets love its a good thing

# 12 wallofhate @ 06/08/15 01:04 PM
Love 2k and happy to hear about the post game being worked on. This is long overdue imo. You can't utilize the skill set of certain players like a Duncan or Zach Randolph. The next logical step is to have signature post like they have signature dribbles. Dwight Howard plays much different on the paint them a Marc Gasol or a Mozgov.

# 13 adamspag @ 06/08/15 01:10 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by WISports
Good, good.

And I wanna be able to get a rebound with my big, and go up and dunk it if I want. So tired of these big guys always trying to lay it in, missing the shot more often than they should.
Yeah that sux to be honest the only way you can dunk off an offensive rebound is by taking an extra dribble after snatching the board, you should be able to go straight back up with it and finish strong.

# 14 kolanji @ 06/08/15 02:36 PM
Well i guess this can be a good thing, but am not going to formulate any constructive opinion until info is released on the user control inputs and its response time..

More animations would have very little impact if the controls are not significantly improved....but am optimistic about it

# 15 RusDids29 @ 06/08/15 02:40 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by adamspag
I have a bunch of them on my channel https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jpuRikP1pUE from the 100s of games I've played with my big that animation is extremely rare and can only be pulled off on players without post locked down defender badge. But I was thinking more like shaq back down dunks my bad for miscommunication.
It's not that rare bro, I do one or two every game. On C, PF, SF with lock down defender. http://xboxclips.com/RusDids29/1ac2d...f-cc1700695627 from the same game as the last clip

# 16 JTheClip @ 06/08/15 02:57 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by RusDids29
It's not that rare bro, I do one or two every game. On C, PF, SF with lock down defender. http://xboxclips.com/RusDids29/1ac2d...f-cc1700695627 from the same game as the last clip
To me it seems that the two animations are independent of each other. You can do that post move without dunking, and you can do that dunk without posting up.

# 17 RusDids29 @ 06/08/15 03:12 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by JTheClip
To me it seems that the two animations are independent of each other. You can do that post move without dunking, and you can do that dunk without posting up.
Yea it is independent of each other. I made this clip 3 months ago.... all in the rec center on badged out my players.. https://account.xbox.com/en-US/gamec...6-e00e7fe465df

# 18 2_headedmonster @ 06/08/15 05:48 PM
Hopefully these animations equal individuality.

# 19 ccoaxum @ 06/08/15 06:49 PM
losing the ball easily in the post is annoying, big players being slowed down or stopped by smaller players needs to change.

# 20 LD2k @ 06/08/15 07:29 PM
Zach was totally blasting Juvenile's "back that *** up" while working on this. I thought it was weird it was blasted on loop but it all makes sense now.

« Previous1234Next »

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.