Home
FIFA 16 News Post

FIFA 16 is available today for Xbox One, PlayStation 4, Xbox 360, PlayStation 3 and PC. Play a few matches and let us know what you think.

Game: FIFA 16Reader Score: 7.5/10 - Vote Now
Platform: PC / PS3 / PS4 / Xbox 360 / Xbox OneVotes for game: 2 - View All
FIFA 16 Videos
Member Comments
# 81 ZoneBlitz @ 09/22/15 09:19 PM
I love this game! It is truly amazing. More later...I am too busy playing. Lol!

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N910A using Tapatalk

# 82 PPerfect_CJ @ 09/22/15 09:39 PM
The winter gear bug is still in. Just edited Eden Hazard, started a new MM, turned on the snow and he had no sleeves on. All I did was bump his attacking up 3 points. I honestly don't know what to say anymore. I give up. They obviously have no idea of how to fix the issue completely.

# 83 bad_philanthropy @ 09/22/15 09:49 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by PPerfect_CJ
The winter gear bug is still in. Just edited Eden Hazard, started a new MM, turned on the snow and he had no sleeves on. All I did was bump his attacking up 3 points. I honestly don't know what to say anymore. I give up. They obviously have no idea of how to fix the issue completely.
Try editing him in MM and see if you can give him sleeves.

# 84 PPerfect_CJ @ 09/22/15 10:23 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by bad_philanthropy
Try editing him in MM and see if you can give him sleeves.
I guess that's still locked for me. I started a new MM using the same roster after putting sleeves on him and he had them in MM. So, apparently, if they already have sleeves (ex. Rooney) you can edit and they keep their sleeves, but if they only break out the sleeves for the winter, you can't edit their attributes or they lose that. Man, I'm just frustrated. If the stamina wasn't so low on certain players, I wouldn't even worry about it, but if you don't edit that, they rarely start for the CPU during MM.

# 85 ~LiverpoolRed~ @ 09/22/15 10:25 PM
I got called for handball 3 minutes into my first match. Glad to see it back.

# 86 KG @ 09/22/15 11:36 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by RoyceDa59
Okay so playing back to back Leicester vs Arsenal (w/ Matt's Sliders) I definitely like what I am seeing. First game lost to Leicester 0-1 after having Monreal give up the ball on the left side and they hit me on the counter and after that they just played defensively the whole match.

Second match drew 1-1 after them conceding a penalty just before halftime then right after break Monreal fouls a Leicester player in scoring range and they get a goal from it and again sit back and soak up pressure and try to just counter me for the rest of the game; really good games and Leicester were not becoming formulaic with there attacks something I felt that in FIFA 15 teams just became way to predictable as they would always look to play on the wing.

I am very excited to play more after dinner, as I plan to jump into team tactics and alternate some teams to see how it affects the gameplay. I will also say this, curious to see where EA Canada go from here with the series.
It's going to be really interesting Royce to see what/how EA patches this game.

# 87 PAPERNUT @ 09/23/15 12:08 AM
Just scored the most realistic counter to seal a game at the end. AI was going all in at the end and I was able to get a break out and finished a 2 on 1 with a sliding kick for goal. My guy got killed by the goalie, but started to celebrate on the ground and while getting up. It just looked and felt so real. Tactics are finally working again and it is making the games more intense when the AI adjusts.

# 88 nikolapfc89 @ 09/23/15 01:33 AM
I played 3 games online. Whole 3 kids try to played on feints (from defender to striker) and trying i dont know what, dribling, spining around etc. It looks very funny and reminds of fifa street. Other guy try only dropshot from long distance shots. He had about 20 shots, but no lucky. They coudnt do anything in those matches.
Thats why this game is awesome! Game speed is perfect (even it could be little more slowly, but its ok), it need some patience, and creating actions, and finally there is midfield and defense. So when you see that kids are moaning, screaming, complain about game, you know its good FIFA. EA PLEASE DONT RUIN IT, KEEP IT REAL!

# 89 fearwhatnow @ 09/23/15 08:50 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by nikolapfc89
I played 3 games online. Whole 3 kids try to played on feints (from defender to striker) and trying i dont know what, dribling, spining around etc. It looks very funny and reminds of fifa street. Other guy try only dropshot from long distance shots. He had about 20 shots, but no lucky. They coudnt do anything in those matches.
Thats why this game is awesome! Game speed is perfect (even it could be little more slowly, but its ok), it need some patience, and creating actions, and finally there is midfield and defense. So when you see that kids are moaning, screaming, complain about game, you know its good FIFA. EA PLEASE DONT RUIN IT, KEEP IT REAL!
This sounds good for all of you that prefer online modes. I'm nearly at my 40's and I really don't want to waste my precious time playing online with randoms.
I already made a backup of the whole game folder in case EA ruins the game with a patch.
The more I play the more impressed I am. AI is so unpredictable it's just a joy to watch. Every goal I score gives me the feeling and satisfaction of old PES games. Some more observations:
- CPU adapts brilliantly so far to my tactics and they make quite smart substitutions. I keep testing as Leicester. I was down 0-3 in halftime against Hertha in opening tournament Manager Mode. The second half was brilliant in terms of gameplay and tactical freedom. Hertha replaced almost the whole first team and I had the opportunity to attack more. Final score 1-3 with many chances missed to end the game 2-3 or even 3-3.
- Gave instructions to my CBs to aggressively intercept and combined with the legacy defending I just LOVE to defend in this game.
- I still manage to keep good teams at 80's% pass accuracy with default sliders. CPU uses mostly the fast low driven pass (RB+A for users) and I've seen that, even with first touch at 50, they make some bad first touches.
- CPU shoots from everywere. I have yet to see them dribbling without a purpose outside the box.
- Many logically complain about the "pointless" passing of CPU in the midfield and their own half. I understand that if someone wants to play a football videogame wants action. First of all, this kind of passing is not pointless. You can easily check this by leaving an attacking cpu player unmarked. Bam! They will try right away the long ball to that player. Then we come to the dilemma: Do we want a pure football sim or not? Go see Leicester (my team) in BPL. Then play them in the game trying to implement their tactics and you'll be amazed.
- I'm playing with handballs on except penalties and I think it's the only way to play the game without having these excessive penalties. Negative: EA patch the penalties. Both for handballs and takers. The whole penalty procedure is floaty, unresponsive and the AI behaviour is bad.
Many members here know that I'm too harsh with football videogames and that's true. That said, I still can't believe that EA changed the game completely. There must be some new devs arrivals at EA Canada. I hope OS will have a post release interview with EA Canada so we can have some insight about their thoughts.

# 90 ZoneBlitz @ 09/23/15 09:07 AM
@fearwhatnow You are absolutely right. This game is a blast.

The CPU is passing with purpose. When my defense breaks down because of them passing it all over the place, they find that hole and go. It is amazing.

I am so excited that I will be getting into tactics that year and making deep changes on my team so that we can play according to my philosophy.

I can't believe EA made a soccer game - or sport game for that matter - this good. I am an official EA detractor and I must say thus far this is one of the best sports games I have played - period! Presentation is stunning, the graphics of the full game are better than the demo. I love it.

I used Sheffield Wednesday yesterday and won the game 2 to 1 on Pro. No game is the same. Teams try different things.

Then I played as the U.S. Women's team against Brazil. We won the game 2 to 1 also. It was a beautiful late goal by Lloyd. My first goal was one from distance by Morgan (not Alex Morgan, the other one). I started a women's tournament. I will be starting my Sheffield Wednesday franchise with my goal of bringing them up to the big league and to a BPL, and UEFA (or the facsimile thereof) championship.

I am thinking of starting a petition so that they don't change the game. It's that good.

# 91 nunogomes @ 09/23/15 09:35 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by fearwhatnow
- CPU adapts brilliantly so far to my tactics and they make quite smart substitutions. I keep testing as Leicester. I was down 0-3 in halftime against Hertha in opening tournament Manager Mode. The second half was brilliant in terms of gameplay and tactical freedom. Hertha replaced almost the whole first team and I had the opportunity to attack more. Final score 1-3 with many chances missed to end the game 2-3 or even 3-3.
- Gave instructions to my CBs to aggressively intercept and combined with the legacy defending I just LOVE to defend in this game.
- I still manage to keep good teams at 80's% pass accuracy with default sliders. CPU uses mostly the fast low driven pass (RB+A for users) and I've seen that, even with first touch at 50, they make some bad first touches.
- CPU shoots from everywere. I have yet to see them dribbling without a purpose outside the box.
About the bold statements:

- Are you seeing substituitons outside the 60 to 70 minute mark? Excepto for the ones forced because of injuries.

- That dribbling without a purpose was probably my main gripe with Fifa, i really hope thatīs the case this year.

# 92 RoyceDa59 @ 09/23/15 10:14 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by nunogomes
About the bold statements:

- Are you seeing substituitons outside the 60 to 70 minute mark? Excepto for the ones forced because of injuries.

- That dribbling without a purpose was probably my main gripe with Fifa, i really hope thatīs the case this year.
Yes I noticed subs in various situations and they weren't because of injury. Played against Hamburger and even though the game was a draw at halftime they made a sub as soon as the second half began.

# 93 knnvb44 @ 09/23/15 01:58 PM
fifa16 activation code: icheat . xyz

# 94 stevostl @ 09/23/15 02:14 PM
Quote:
Never seen 4 guys go after the ball with legacy defending.
nope.. but I seen 4 guys going after the ball against us on online co-op last night with a buddy I was playing with. Man it was hard to get around them... we could if my friend was better and knew the controls or footie games better.. but he is a beginner and not very good.. for that matter neither am I but I am already playing on world class so I guess i'm better than average for fifa.. not sure.

I haven't lost yet against the CPU in my 2 matches offline. first match I played Liverpool vs Everton on Professional 10 minute halves.. not sure what to put this on yet.. at Anfield and won 2 - 1
this was my first match in FIFA and it had everything just about. Everton scored goal by Lukaku called offside... Long range shot goal from Barkley.. I drew 2 penalties.. converted on my second. a couple of yellow cards and drew 5 fouls and a couple of yellow cards. It was just a pure joy playing my first match and I was thinking while playing this is the best soccer game in a very long time.. I was so excited

my first match highlights

my second match I bumped up to world class thinking that is probably what I need to play on. I played Bayern vs Dortmund I was able to draw 1 - 1 at end of match and then each team again scoring in extra time and I finally won in penalties. I do notice in every game I played online and offline so far some sort of end of game momentum that you can tell a goal is coming much like PES use to have. this has happened in almost every game I played it seems like so far. dramatic goals at the end of matches...

I put the standing tackle button at X for defense and put the R1 contain at square so it plays identical to how I'm use to PES controls. there is no need to have the X button mapped to regular contain which is a useless... at least for me it is.

btw.. fearwhatnow... I like you and nearly 40 and also come from a PES background mainly but I'm finding myself enjoying this now more so. I bought FIFA first this year mainly because of the all around package it provides and the gameplay is good too now I feel like and with everything else it provides it's a no brainer. I just didn't feel like messing with kits and no fouls and laggy online. I think I already found my setting I want to play on for now WOrld Class. I like using the assisted controls except for crossing semi and lob manual mainly because I want to play a lot of online so I want to get use to that. In the future I will probably play more manual but I'm already having fun enough using the controls I am. The game is a blast to play. I'm wondering how many minute halves do people normally play on? I put it on 10 but wasn't sure if that is enough or not? it seemed decent enough to start with.

there is a lot of little things in this game that just make you say cool.. like injuries that I have seen.. the penalties I drew in the box.. the CPU going right at me on the counter... the CPU time wasting in the corner to kill the match. I can go on and on.. but it's just really cool to me to be honest. I'm going to have a blast with this game I think I might as well just trade NHL in because this game will keep me busy offline and online. Honestly I usually don't enjoy playing the CPU offline as much as humans online in FIFA past games but this game is different to me. I actually prefer to play it offline because it's so great. I did get online last in fifa co-op and my partner and me went 0- 2 -1

btw.. this is the first FIFA game that I ever can remember that normal game speed seems already perfect for me.. the pace of the game is just right. I felt no need to put it down to slow game speed yet what so ever. I'm sure some might but for me.. normal speed is already perfect for once.

fearwhatnow, how many minute halves are u playing?

sorry for the random fast typing...

any ways, I already think this is the best sports game at the moment after my first night experience.. I haven't even touched everything yet but that's what's so great about this game it provides a lot to keep you from getting bored.. the all around package.. and if you don't like something.. it also provides you to customize your controls.. button config.. and sliders to suit how u want the game to play.. you can't go wrong with this sports game as a sports gamer and if you love the beautiful game.. it's a must buy

# 95 mpt117 @ 09/23/15 02:28 PM
- Gameplay and pace is different and faster than the demo

- Played around 10 matches so far. Barely any fouls called and no penalties awarded when there should have been at least 2-3.

- What happened to the Defensive AI from the demo?!?! Seems like my defense only leaves 1-2 guys back most of the time creating mismatches and great scoring opportunities for the opposing team.

- One that really made me mad was that my AI defender went to block a shot then just side-stepped out of the way. Like here you go, have an open shot on goal. Just gifted the opposing team a goal. Just kinda shocked because the AI defending in the demo was actually good.

- More of an observation: Was playing Southampton and Jose Fonte scored a ridiculous one touch volley from outside the 18 with his weak foot. What? His long shots is rated 29 and his volleys is rated 34, just saying.

- Corner kicks seems to be off, at least for me. I usually use the Crowd the Keeper play/tactic to get more people in the box, but doesn't seem to work as well as in FIFA 15. Always seems like there are more players from the opposing team in there and it's harder to get it to a player on your team and score this time around.

- The main thing that has bothered me so far is player positioning. My wingers stay back when they should be on attack and my fullbacks are bombing forward when they should be defending. I'm consistently finding my wingers playing fullback and my fullbacks are playing up. Also, that my left wing or right wing (happens with fullbacks, too) travel to the other side of the field leaving wide open space. My players are getting out of place so often and it's just one big cluster. I'm scrambling around trying to fix it and keep up. This has never happened to me in past FIFAs.

- OK, now on to the good stuff. Shooting is a bit harder. I've found myself shooting straight at the keeper a lot. Got to angle and aim more so than I recall. Feels really rewarding when getting a goal, especially a nice one.

- The passing is beautiful. It's really slick. I pass a lot and try to build up, so it is nice to make all these passes and see your AI teammate making runs to create a scoring chance. Makes it that much more satisfying when you score. Love the teamwork passing and linking up, it's very alluring.

- I don't know if it's just me, but the keepers have improved. Making very impressive saves and the new animations are great. They seem to be better and smarter than in FIFA 15

- The new weather options are awesome. Adds more to the atmosphere and game.

- Also, has anyone seen more added on time than 3 minutes? Haven't seen it yet. It is mostly 1 or 2 minutes with the occasional 3.

# 96 kamackeris76 @ 09/23/15 02:30 PM
i don't know what to buy this on?? xbox, ps4 or pc?? what is the online play like on pc??

# 97 stevostl @ 09/23/15 03:06 PM
Quote:
- Gameplay and pace is different and faster than the demo
I'm not seeing this.. especially considering I played the demo on slow and don't even have to move the retail game on slow speed yet. I will say playing online makes it go a little faster though so maybe that is what you are talking about.

but as far as offline.. the speeds are the exact same and if anything slower than the demo to me

Quote:
- Played around 10 matches so far. Barely any fouls called and no penalties awarded when there should have been at least 2-3.
also, not sure about this either as I'm getting lots of fouls against the CPU.. I was also awarded 2 penalties in my first match I posted the match highlights in.. along with a couple yellow cards and 5 fouls total by the CPU on 10 minute halves from the CPU on pro normal speed.

my first online match in co-op seen many fouls and 2 yellows and red card as well. Although one time one of the human controlled players from the other team took me out harshly and it should of been at the very least a yellow card if not a red and they just called a regular foul. that was the only thing I have seen a complaint about in my play times so far with fouls

# 98 mpt117 @ 09/23/15 03:17 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by stevostl
I'm not seeing this.. especially considering I played the demo on slow and don't even have to move the retail game on slow speed yet. I will say playing online makes it go a little faster though so maybe that is what you are talking about.

but as far as offline.. the speeds are the exact same and if anything slower than the demo to me

also, not sure about this either as I'm getting lots of fouls against the CPU.. I was also awarded 2 penalties in my first match I posted the match highlights in.. along with a couple yellow cards and 5 fouls total by the CPU on 10 minute halves from the CPU on pro normal speed.

my first online match in co-op seen many fouls and 2 yellows and red card as well. Although one time one of the human controlled players from the other team took me out harshly and it should of been at the very least a yellow card if not a red and they just called a regular foul. that was the only thing I have seen a complain about in my play times so far with fouls
Maybe I should say that the players feel faster than in the demo. I'm playing offline against the CPU.

I don't know what to say on the fouls. Like I mentioned, I've played around 10 matches on both Professional and World Class, and have had barely any fouls. The penalties to me is bothersome, because I definitely have had instances where they should have been called but I haven't gotten 1 in 10 matches.

# 99 JayD @ 09/23/15 03:25 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by mpt117
Maybe I should say that the players feel faster than in the demo. I'm playing offline against the CPU.

I don't know what to say on the fouls. Like I mentioned, I've played around 10 matches on both Professional and World Class, and have had barely any fouls. The penalties to me is bothersome, because I definitely have had instances where they should have been called but I haven't gotten 1 in 10 matches.
Really? Pace seems fine to me and my last game I had the most fouls called in game than any other FIFA I've played. I was playing on World Class and I had 9 fouls to the CPU 5.

# 100 elprez98 @ 09/23/15 03:30 PM
Going to pick up a copy in a few minutes. I like the tone of the comments in here.

Sent from my iPhone using

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.