Home
EA Sports UFC 2 News Post

EA SPORTS UFC 2 innovates with stunning character likeness and animation, adds an all new Knockout Physics System and authentic gameplay features, and invites all fighters to step back into The Octagon® to experience the thrill of finishing the fight.

The game delivers an experience for every fight fan, including five brand new game modes, a revamped Career Mode which introduces the option to create female fighters for the first time in a UFC® game, and a new Title Chase system for Online Championships. No matter what kind of fighter you are, there’s a mode to match your style of play...finish the fight with devastating knockouts in the all-new KO Mode, create and customize a team of champions in UFC Ultimate Team, or craft your dream fight card in the Custom Event Creator. EA SPORTS UFC 2 has a mode for every fight fan.

All along the way, EA SPORTS UFC 2 is in your corner with all the tips and Tools to Master MMA. You’ll be fighting like a pro by hitting the gym in Practice Mode or following the visual cues in Grapple Assist, an in-game display to guide you through takedowns, submissions, and much more.

From the walkout to the knockout, EA SPORTS UFC 2 delivers a deep, authentic, and exciting experience.

Key Features & Modes

KNOCKOUT GAMEPLAY
  • Knockout Physics System - A revolutionary new physics-driven hit reaction and knockout system delivers more visceral, more rewarding, and more authentic KOs than ever before. Every knockout is now unique, and finishing the fight has never been more satisfying.
  • Next-Level Submissions - Surprise your opponent with a flying armbar from the clinch, or with a quick transition from a knee bar to a heel hook. The addition of standing submissions and submission chaining (sequences) takes EA SPORTS UFC 2’s grappling game to the next level.
  • Dynamic Grappling - For the first time in any MMA game, experience the freedom of independent fighter control in every grappling situation. Simultaneous two-fighter interaction brings the ground game to life with greater responsiveness and variety.
  • Ultimate Defense - You can’t hurt what you can’t hit. Greater control over your fighter’s head movement lets you slip and dodge incoming strikes with amazing fluidity. Add an improved blocking and parrying system to the mix and you have new tools to fend off your opponent’s most devastating attacks.
UNMATCHED CHARACTER VISUALS & FIGHTER ROSTER
  • Ultimate Fighter Likeness & Animations - Out to defend its title as the undisputed champion of sports-gaming visuals, EA SPORTS UFC 2 ups the ante again.
    • A new facial modeling rig, the introduction of hair physics, and improved strike deformation work to make every impact more realistic than ever.
    • Thousands of fighting and signature animations bring personality and a new level of athleticism to MMA’s stars. You’ll recognize Conor McGregor’s high hook kick, Ronda Rousey’s patented pre-fight bow and stomp, and many other moves bringing personality to fighters.
  • Biggest Ever Roster – EA SPORTS UFC 2 offers the deepest ever roster of any fighting simulation. Featuring a mix of MMA’s biggest stars and brightest up-and-comers, step into the Octagon as current and former UFC athletes, MMA legends, and maybe even a couple surprises.
A MODE FOR EVERY FIGHT FAN
  • Career Mode Depth & Authenticity - Whether your goal is to be the best pound-for-pound fighter on the planet, or the first female fighter inducted into the UFC Hall of Fame, you control your career.
    • Training Camp: An all-new training camp system makes preparing for each fight a balancing act between developing your fighter’s abilities and risking an injury that could make your next bout even more challenging.
    • Female Fighters: For the first time ever in a UFC game, create a female fighter in Career Mode and guide them to UFC greatness.
    • Career Defining Moments: Start in The Ultimate Fighter®, then move on to fight authentic contenders as you progress in your pursuit to be a UFC Champion. Encounter career-defining moments that will deliver heightened atmosphere and put more at stake inside the Octagon.
  • UFC Ultimate Team – The first-ever “Ultimate Team” experience in a 1v1 fighting game.
    • Create your team of up to five fighters in different weight classes using UFC 2’s deep customization options.
    • Compete in online or offline competitions to progress your fighters and earn coins.
    • Collect coins to buy packs which deliver special items used to boost fighter performance.
    • Customize your fighters with items from packs which improve or change moves, attributes and perks – all of which work together to sculpt your team members into the most explosive in the UFC.
  • KO Mode – With no grappling to worry about, unleash the punches, kicks, knees and elbows in this fast, fun, and furious mode; perfect for any fan looking to let the fists fly against their friends. The rules are simple...the fight doesn’t stop until someone gets starched!
  • Custom Event Creator – UFC events deliver excitement at every turn and picking the fight card is at the heart of creating one of the biggest sporting spectacles in the world. Step into the shoes of a matchmaker and build the fight card of your dreams by choosing from hundreds of mixed martial artists. Select iconic venues, authentic referees, and custom fight settings, then play the event from start to finish and make sure the results live up to the hype.
  • Online Championships - Step into the online Octagon for an all new Title Chase. Compete with your favorite fighters and test your skills against other warriors from around the world. Go on a win streak to earn a title shot in your division and defend the belt as long as you can. With an updated division progression system, as well as an all-new Title Chase and featured fighter system, you’ll have more reason than ever to build your online legacy.
  • Live Events – Predict. Play. Win. Pick which fighters will win real matchups in upcoming UFC events and then bring those predictions to life inside the virtual Octagon. Win in-game rewards and propel yourself up the leaderboards of the most immersive fantasy prediction game you’ve ever played.
  • Create A Fighter – Taking character customization to the next-level, EA SPORTS UFC 2’s Fighter Creation tool goes deeper than ever with robust facial sculpting, tattoo customizations and for the first time, the ability to create female fighters. Players can also sculpt their own GameFace uploads to perfection...before they get touched up in the Octagon.
TOOLS TO MASTER MMA
  • Grapple Assist – Mastering the art of grappling can be an intimidating pursuit, but thanks to the all-new grappling assistance display, it’s easier than ever. Visual aids help players with ground game transitions, submissions, takedowns and much more, all in real-time, so that anyone can finish the fight like a pro.
  • Practice Mode – Even the top mixed martial artists can’t win on natural ability alone. It takes dedication and a willingness to perfect their craft. Jump into Practice Mode and experience a no-consequences environment designed to let you master the basics of striking, grappling and clinch-work at your own pace before putting your skills to the test in real competition.
  • Skill Challenges – EA SPORTS UFC 2 offers 12 new mini-games to help players learn and perfect stand-up, clinch, and ground disciplines.

Game: EA Sports UFC 2Reader Score: 6/10 - Vote Now
Platform: PS4 / Xbox OneVotes for game: 17 - View All
EA Sports UFC 2 Videos
Member Comments
# 101 Phobia @ 11/25/15 09:46 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Money99
I hope the retail version will be similar to the build you played.
When I went out to test FN Round 4, the jabs and power shots had a lot of weight to them.
You could keep a guy at bay with a good jab.
Same with crosses.
There was a lot of strategy involved trying to get inside on a taller, stronger fighter because you would get rocked if you got hit clean with a cross.

Then the retail version came out and the crosses and jabs were akin to a kitten pawing gently at your face.
It was the same with me, when I went test Fight Night Champions. The build we played had excellent stamina, poor accuracy of strikes so not everything was landed clean, and the power gave you a fear of just letting the hands fly recklessly. I report on how great it felt and looked, then retail hits and its a arcade version of what we played.

# 102 NYG_Meth @ 11/25/15 03:14 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by TarHeelPhenom
Meth are we ever gonna get another boxing game man? You still play Fight Night?
Haven't for a while, I'd have to get some practice in

# 103 aholbert32 @ 11/25/15 08:26 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Phobia
It was the same with me, when I went test Fight Night Champions. The build we played had excellent stamina, poor accuracy of strikes so not everything was landed clean, and the power gave you a fear of just letting the hands fly recklessly. I report on how great it felt and looked, then retail hits and its a arcade version of what we played.
Here is the issue:

Trying to make everyone happy.

For example, my goal is for the striking to be as realistic as possible and have real consequences. I want people who strike wildly and without purpose to get easily destroyed by people who are strategic and land heavy punches. When it comes to striking, I think realism is the goal of most of the gamechangers. I also believe that its the goal of the dev team.

The problem is the dev team doesnt have the final say in whats in the final product. Executives do. So here are the things that could cause a change in the game.

- If an executive plays the game and thinks that that its too easy to get KOd and striking is too difficult.

- If multiple reviewers say the same thing.

- Tons of online posters/casual fans say the same thing.

Thats why so many sports games (especially combat sports games) look drastically different after the first patch and subsequent patches. This is why you saw a ton of people post about how the Fight Night games were good at release and got worse after the patches.

With that said, I understand the tough position devs are in. Think about it in the perspective of your job. If you create something and your boss ask you to change something about it.....you are going to change it. You may object initially. You may try to convince them that the change isnt needed. But if your boss is adamant that change is needed, you are going to make that change. No one in their right mind is going to risk losing their job over something they dont own.

# 104 Money99 @ 11/25/15 08:52 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Phobia
Yup. And then members like you and I look like fools because the game we spent praising for months is barely recognizable when the retail version drops.
It makes me wonder if EA purposely alters the game to adhere to the small collection of diehards that take part in these Community Days.
We go back to our respective sites/boards, report about how kickarse it is and get everyone in a fervour.
Then after said Leaders depart, EA flicks the switch and it goes back to being an arcady version for the masses of frat boys and 12 year olds that will wet themselves with frustration when they can't throw 100 punches in 4 seconds without draining their fatigue levels or getting countered and KO'd.

Sorry, I realize I'm coming across as a negative Nelly or bitter gamer, but I've read one too many reports from Community guys on several EA games over the past few years who experienced the same things you and I have.

I really hope I'm wrong. I really want to like UFC2. I'm not even a big MMA fan, but this game is dead centre on my radar and I'm just looking for excuses to pick it up.

# 105 aholbert32 @ 11/26/15 09:59 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by MLBUFC
Ironically, the opposite has tended to happen in every MMA game. The post patch versions are way better. I do agree that striking should mean more. I wish they could combine the fluidity of the striking in this game with the head movement, ground game and heaviness of shots of UFC 3.

If THQ could have lasted another year I think we would have had a killer game. But EA is doing ok.
I dont know if I agree with that. UFC 3 didnt have a patch. EA MMAs patches were good for stopping some exploits but I recall many people thought the game at launch was more realistic. I dont recall the UFC Undisputed 2010 patch improving the game much but its been a while since I played that game so I could be wrong.

# 106 aholbert32 @ 11/27/15 08:36 AM
Quote:
ufc 3 patch eliminated auto takedown guys like machida had amongst ther improvements. they did many patches sometimes eliminsting things done in previous patches. the final vesion was clearly the best.
I think you are remembering this wrong. The neve patched that game. They did a few ratings changes but that was it. The reason I remember this is because THQ promised a patch for months then abandoned the game once it was sold to EA.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

# 107 aholbert32 @ 11/27/15 12:16 PM
Quote:
ok...it must have been another game that I played endlessly. It must have been another game where Machida had a trip takedown that people spammed online. It must have been another game where when Frank Mir switched to orthodox stance he had that trip too. Must have been another game where the made patches that changed stamina. At best I am remember UFC 2010 that combined with the re-rates means my original point of patches improving MMA games is correct. Frankly, I don't even count EA MMA. That was barely a real game. It is clear that EA UFC has taken more cues from UFC Undisputed than that abomination of EA MMA. Hmmm... Or maybe someone in this thread just likes to hear themselves talk.
See sometimes its just better to admit that you are wrong.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LQRzihb8nj4

http://kotaku.com/5933433/if-your-ga...r-it-a-warning

There are several other links that confirm that a patch for UFC 3 was never released. They did release stat updates but that was it for UFC3. So you are misremembering something about the game you played "endlessly."

Your original point was that every MMA game has been improved by patches. I refrenced the actual MMA games and said that actually only 2 were improved and both of those were bad games at release (UFC 2010 and EA UFC). Now if you want to make a broad point and then ignore whole games in the genre like (EA MMA) that dont support your point, thats fine. Its a poor way to support your argument but youve done a poor job of that since joining this site.

# 108 aholbert32 @ 11/27/15 06:30 PM
Quote:
Point is patches have worked. I don't have energy to argue every tangential point. I am glad we had this dialogue. A one point I took your perspective as that of a well informed intelligent insider. You have made it clear I was wrong about that. You seem to like to hear yourself talk.
Youve made it clear that you arent interested in intelligent discussion and dont have the ability to take part in it. Like I said before, sometimes its better to just admit that you are wrong. People that come to this site arent dumb. They can read your posts.

Its simple. You said patches worked for every MMA game. I countered with refrences to mma games that patches havent improved. You then decided to make up information (like UFC 3 had a patch) or eliminate games that dont fit your point (EA MMA).

Lets not complicate it man because its a simple argument. You can throw any insult you want because people can see its just you being stubborn because you dont have the ability to take part in this discussion in an intelligent manner. Its cool though. I'll keep posting and I'm sure you'll keep making bad arguments. Or you wont and you will disappear from this part of the site. Doesnt bother me either way.

# 109 aholbert32 @ 11/27/15 09:44 PM
Quote:
I can only have intelligent conversations with intelligent people. It's simple...mma patches have been successful. I have given examples. You seem to not be able to understand this because you are interested in some personal war. It's ok man you win. Maybe you feel silly cuz f the universe mode argument. Or maybe I made you feel not as cool as you think you are because I have made your knowledge suspect. It's ok dude I don't think EA will take your game changer card. I am sure that was a highly competitive process

Lol. Personal war? I don't know or care about you. I'm just saying you changed your argument. That's cool as long as u recognize that. You said EVERY Mma patch was an improvement and you lied to support your argument.

I don't know how you made me look silly in the universe mode thread. You pretty much conceded that argument.

# 110 aholbert32 @ 11/28/15 07:37 AM
Quote:
You care so little that you keep responding. You care so little you are searching for silly articles to attempt to make a point. Who are you trying to convince?

Anyway my point was every mma patch has been effective. I gave examples....not sure what angle I changed. Could be that reading comp problem of yours resurfacing again. Made u look silly in universe convo cuz you pointed out how every current gen combat sports title has universe mode

Yeah those reading comprehension skills strike again for you. If u read the universe mode thread again, my point was only one combat sports game has ever had a universe mode. I wasnt talking just about current games. That's why I mentioned fight night and combat sports games made by 2k. That's also why your point about wwe being the only other current combat sports game was a non point because i was talking about every combat sports game ever released.
That's why i didn't even respond to that point because it was clear u didn't read my response correctly.

Also if you consider goggling "UFC 3 patch" and "opinions can't be wrong" as caring a lot, that shows u care very little about anything. Because U can't be bothered to even look up information to make sure u aren't talking nonsense and stating incorrect information.

You should probably take the time to carefully read a post before responding. Just another tip for you. Read and understand the post before responding. That along with stop saying opinions can't be wrong. Lol.

# 111 aholbert32 @ 11/28/15 12:16 PM
Quote:
I am going to be honest...I am only skim what you write. You are posts are mainly filled with non-sense and I don't have the patience.

Btw...is this you not caring. Respond this post so I can see how much you don't care. Seriously, I would hate to see who they DIDNT take as a game changer if you made the cut. I thought the topic was on the features of the game...not on how cool you think you are. Great job representing this site btw

Nah I'm good. I made my point over and over again so I'm satisfied.

# 112 jeremym480 @ 11/28/15 01:03 PM
Quote:
I am going to be honest...I am only skim what you write. You are posts are mainly filled with non-sense and I don't have the patience.
The irony here.

Man you're losing every argument in each thread here. I would say stop while you're ahead, but we're about a week passed that point.

# 113 ManiacMatt1782 @ 12/01/15 01:13 PM
I think that Machida no struggle takedown was in UFC 2010. Although I do wish there were unblockable takedowns if perfectly timed on a haymaker like the UFC series had.

# 114 Pappy Knuckles @ 12/02/15 11:34 AM
Who else besides myself and Mike Meth still play the first one online?

# 115 fballturkey @ 12/02/15 06:36 PM
I jump on every now and then on PS4, but now FO and Battlefront are taking up all my time.

# 116 Sergio88 @ 12/02/15 11:37 PM
any word on how to get on UFC 2 BETA????

# 117 aholbert32 @ 12/02/15 11:51 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sergio88
any word on how to get on UFC 2 BETA????
There is no beta currently.

# 118 Clarence_Boddicker @ 12/03/15 09:56 PM
I still play the first one online. I can't wait to play this one. I actually had a good fight earlier with no exploits. I wonder if they fixed the exploit where you cant escape crucifix or muay tai clinch this time around?

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.