Home
MLB The Show 16 News Post

IGN has posted a new MLB The Show 16 video, featuring Sony San Diego's Ramone Russell walking through the recently released trailer and going over many more details about the game.

Below are some of the details, but watch the entire video here.

All appropriate stadiums will have open and closed roof options (option for open or closed in Exhibition/Online games, for RTTS and Franchise, it will depend on the weather for that day)

Physically Based Rendering - Makes wood look like wood, glass look like glass, concrete look like concrete, etc...

Showtime - Slows down critical moments (dive plays, hot corner reactions, steal attempts, pressure batting moments) to give the user more precise control. Showtime is only seen in RTTS in Player Lock and it will be an optional feature you can turn on/off.

Added over 100 signature home run swings, tons of new pitcher reaction animations, so they get out of the way of the ball and not get hit as much.

Briefly went over HumanIK, which fixes transitional animations from years past, but more will be revealed in the future.

Added over 50 new double play animations, over 100 dive/throw animations, 3 brand new running styles (small, athletic, lumbering)

Conquest mode - More to be revealed later, as it is too big to cover in this particular video

Another mode that wasn't shown in the trailer, will be revealed at a later date.

Return of classic stadiums - Forbes Field, Shibe Park, Sportsman Park, Polo Grounds, Crosley Field, Griffith Park

6 new legends revealed, but more to come. All legends from last year will return.

2 new Diamond Dynasty card types - Rookie and Prime

Credit to ryanmc564 for finding this!

Game: MLB The Show 16Reader Score: 8/10 - Vote Now
Platform: PS3 / PS4Votes for game: 23 - View All
MLB The Show 16 Videos
Member Comments
# 81 tnixen @ 12/17/15 11:44 AM
Guys I would not get your hopes up to high for more Classic Stadiums in the near future other then the returning 6 from the PS3 versions. And I think the reason is Money and Time. Sony I think already had the rights to those 6 returning classic stadiums so I'm thinking they did not have to pay for the rights again or perhaps very little? Also do you think Sony rebuilt from the ground up all 6 returning classic stadiums? My guess is no and instead they took what they have from the PS3 versions and greatly enhanced them to look on par or close to other PS4 stadiums. So because of money and the time it would take to build more classic stadiums is why the odds of getting more classic stadiums on the PS4 is highly unlikely,

Just be happy that we are getting back the 6 classic stadiums from the PS3 versions. Because it was not that long ago where even that was looking unlikely.

But hey what do I know I don't work for Sony so maybe what I think is totally wrong.

# 82 thaSLAB @ 12/17/15 12:14 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by armymule
I hope they have improved Forbes Field and Shibe Park. Sony's version of Forbes didn't have Greenberg Garden in left field and Shibe lacked the posts in the left field bleachers. The game also used to have Yankee Stadium II, Busch Stadium II, and Shea Stadium. It sure would be nice if we could play in those again.
It has already been discussed that the Forbes Field was the 1910's version of the park, before Greenberg Garden. Shibe Park pillars were a legitimate error/omission. That said, these are all rebuilt versions for the PS4.

Also (and not directed at you army), this type of thing is what makes developing a baseball game so tough. No other sports game is looked at with such a fine tooth comb, when it comes to the playing surfaces and stadiums. Baseball parks are each so unique and have their specialized quirks, whereas all basketball courts, football/soccer fields, ice rinks, etc. are the same size. LOL, while we have to worry about the balls boys not sitting in the right spot (sorry tnixen lol), or vendors wearing the wrong color vests. For the most part SDS still tries to correct those non-authenticities.

# 83 tnixen @ 12/17/15 01:34 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by thaSLAB
It has already been discussed that the Forbes Field was the 1910's version of the park, before Greenberg Garden. Shibe Park pillars were a legitimate error/omission. That said, these are all rebuilt versions for the PS4.

Also (and not directed at you army), this type of thing is what makes developing a baseball game so tough. No other sports game is looked at with such a fine tooth comb, when it comes to the playing surfaces and stadiums. Baseball parks are each so unique and have their specialized quirks, whereas all basketball courts, football/soccer fields, ice rinks, etc. are the same size. LOL, while we have to worry about the balls boys not sitting in the right spot (sorry tnixen lol), or vendors wearing the wrong color vests. For the most part SDS still tries to correct those non-authenticities.

Are you saying all 6 classic stadiums were rebuilt from the ground up for PS4? Also nothing to be sorry about lol I admit I am very picky about even the smallest details. Heck I am still a little disappointed that there is still no Rosen bag on the pitchers mound in real time. That must be a very difficult thing to add for whatever reason. Although MLB2K had it but I know different game and has nothing to do with The Show.

# 84 Factzzz @ 12/17/15 02:02 PM
Hopefully we get some details on new brands added to the game.

Specifically Adidas and New Balance would be ideal.

# 85 thaSLAB @ 12/17/15 02:16 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by tnixen
Are you saying all 6 classic stadiums were rebuilt from the ground up for PS4? Also nothing to be sorry about lol I admit I am very picky about even the smallest details. Heck I am still a little disappointed that there is still no Rosen bag on the pitchers mound in real time. That must be a very difficult thing to add for whatever reason. Although MLB2K had it but I know different game and has nothing to do with The Show.
I'm saying that all the other stadiums were rebuilt for the PS4, so it's probably safe to say that the classic stadiums were too.

And I'm just ribbing you man... that type of "pickyness" is a good thing, and I think the team welcomes it. I will tell you that they are a very well-planned operation, and they try not to drift too far from that plan; sometimes things we want don't get written into the plan - mainly due to available resources - and we have to wait. I have pitched the rosen bag idea before, even to the point of making it "functional" within gameplay (e.g. a 1-point boost in pitcher control attribute). Something like that definitely would require X-amount of coding resources. Who knows, maybe one day we get it and it will indeed be more than just a cosmetic/visual accessory.

# 86 GibsonD90 @ 12/17/15 02:26 PM
I am very appreciative of the classic stadiums after we were told it wasn't worth the effort before. So thanks Ramone and team for that.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

# 87 OUSOONERS#1 @ 12/17/15 02:38 PM
Really like what I'm seeing and hearing so far .. I jus hope to goodness that this is the year we finially get a expansion/stadium/relocation type mode or owner like mode as it has been on my wish list every year along with new player models but for this type of mode id gladily go without complaining and finially put the Show above MVP 05 as the best made baseball game ..

# 88 Chai2112 @ 12/17/15 02:59 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by dran1984
I liked the fact that you had complete control over the weather. But the addition of the roofs are huge.
I like that you can choose the weather as well, but they should definitely add a Random button in case you want to let it choose for you. Or, you could just close your eyes and scroll through the options and choose randomly... Does the same thing.

# 89 The Kid 24 @ 12/17/15 03:04 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Factzzz

And fielding & batting glove brands expanded... And small gloves for INFs and bigger gloves for OFs.

# 90 Cdubb4 @ 12/17/15 03:55 PM
Ramone, I absolutely LOVED the additions of the equipment brands last year, so i was wondering if there was any info you could give us about any new additions this year? I've seen a few posts about it. Hopefully New Balance, Adidas and a few others are able to make it in

# 91 sharebear420 @ 12/17/15 04:33 PM
I saw player cards for ichiro and older Alex Rodriguez and CC when they were on their former teams.. Can anyone confirm if there's a bunch of old/but sill new players coming back? I really hope they add in more 90s Yankee players. Also hope ken griff is in it too

# 92 jvalverde88 @ 12/17/15 04:49 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by manny7788
Well they did say that the stadiums shipping with the game are "free". Which kinda lead that there will be pay to play stadiums
No it doesn't, I get that people want classic stadiums but they're kinda expensive and time consuming to create. They pretty much added classic stadiums from last gen, albeit made them from the ground up I sure.

# 93 manny7788 @ 12/17/15 04:50 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by jvalverde88
No it doesn't, I get that people want classic stadiums but they're kinda expensive and time consuming to create. They pretty much added classic stadiums from last gen, albeit made them from the ground up I sure.
Ahhh ok. Makes sense

Sent from my SM-G925T using Tapatalk

# 94 jvalverde88 @ 12/17/15 05:02 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by manny7788
Ahhh ok. Makes sense

Sent from my SM-G925T using Tapatalk
Yeah honestly I'm quite surprised they're even in the game this year especially since Ramone said in the past they will no longer be in future games.

# 95 bronxbombers21325 @ 12/17/15 05:59 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Russell_SCEA
Exactly we will go much deeper into PBR later in the cycle can't really do a deep dive in an 6 minute video. But it was only turned on in the dugout because "game development" and that trailer had to be finished a week before PSX. As I've said in the past our game visually will move along the same path as PS3 did where it took us about 4 years to reach visually maturity. I'm not saying it will be in year 4 where on PS4, nor am I saying it will happen in year 3 either. We simply don't have the time and resources to do everything in year 1 or year 2 for that matter. Every year is a new layer and this year it's PBR last year was Seasonal Sun/Shadows. Etc..... Rome wasn't built in a day and neither is The Show.
Everything sounds great so far. Thanks to you and the team for the great games you give us year after year.

# 96 bronxbombers21325 @ 12/17/15 06:09 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Factzzz

I'm hoping they're booth there. But between the two, I think New Balance is the most important to me. So many players wear them these days.

# 97 Knight165 @ 12/17/15 06:25 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Russell_SCEA
Rome wasn't built in a day and neither is The Show.

Ha
...I read this as "Ramone wasn't built in a day."...

I was saying to myself.....Whaaaa?

M.K.
Knight165

# 98 Knight165 @ 12/17/15 06:32 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by jvalverde88
Yeah honestly I'm quite surprised they're even in the game this year especially since Ramone said in the past they will no longer be in future games.
Perhaps it was....

M.K.
Knight165

# 99 Jolly Roger @ 12/17/15 08:18 PM
I'm intrigued by the new baserunning styles; I wonder if these will interact at all with speed ratings or if they're purely cosmetic. Even if purely cosmetic, I like it!

# 100 Factzzz @ 12/17/15 08:49 PM
I just saw that same MLB Network advertisement that people were intrigued by in the trailer, in MLB 15, so it's not new.

So probably nothing to do with MLB Network integration this year.

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.