Home
NBA 2K16 News Post

As mentioned earlier today, the NBA 2K16 patch #6 has already arrived for PlayStation 4 users, weighing in at 2.4GB. As soon as we get the patch notes, we will update this post. Until then, let us know what you are seeing.

Xbox One users will see the patch later, no official ETA has been given.

UPDATE: Here are the patch notes.
  • Updated player portraits for a number of players.
  • Tuned the effectiveness of long outlet passes for players with the Break Starter badge.
  • Delay branching from Kobe Bryant Back size-up.
  • Re-worked size-up dribble launches to prevent unnaturally explosive first steps.
  • Tune miss chances for deep downcourt and cherry picking.
  • Dock vertical and rebounding when you go behind the basket. Don’t reset 3-in-the-key offense timer in baseline behind paint for human controlled blacktop players.
UPDATE #2: The patch has arrived for Xbox One users.

UPDATE #3 (5-19): The patch is now available for PC users.

Game: NBA 2K16Reader Score: 8/10 - Vote Now
Platform: PC / PS3 / PS4 / Xbox 360 / Xbox OneVotes for game: 45 - View All
NBA 2K16 Videos
Member Comments
# 241 Jrocc23 @ 05/05/16 09:04 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by abuC
Have you played Park or Pro-Am a lot? The example you're using isn't what was addressed in the patch, people were exploiting hesitation moves and the speed burst to the point it would have been embarrassing for 2k to have their game on an E-Sport platform where every team in their tournament was using exploits (Breakstarter).

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xK3mWqiQZoI

That made it's way into the Pro-am setting where guys would just do that near a screen and it was almost unguardable, they could do that kind of stuff for an entire clock.

I am confused on what you're talking about. I play a lot of park and know what speed boosting is which a lot of people seem to can't tell the difference.

My point of the video is that was nerfed to combat people from speed boosting. Not that I want to speed boost but 2K should've handled it better than just basically taking that animation out.

# 242 hanzsomehanz @ 05/05/16 09:32 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jrocc23
Yeah yeah. Use the "Just don't know basketball" line lol. Tell me how this video isn't a good representation of am explosive first step and how is it unrealistic. And compare it to the video 24 posted and to the real actual video of Westbrook exploding and tell me which one is more realistic lol.

Keep in mind also this is a computer player. And not every CPU player does this. It's usually players like Kyrie, Russ, Wall and few others that actually do this ingame.

http://xboxdvr.com/gamer/KingJrocc23.../17213980#t=23
They program the CPU AI to use aggressive launches from a standstill and hesitation position but the community slaps us for attempting to do the same with our athletic players lol

Let that sink in yall.. it's very evident in My Career don't even have to play on HOF... just last night I was facing Portland on Pro Default (XB1 pre patch 6) and Lillard was shifting me with sudden aggressive launches that I could not keep up with.. was I whining? Hell nah, I was ok with it.

I rather the CPU get busy with clutch moves and finesse than with glitchy dribble animations that cannot be interrupted and contested jumpers that hit the ocean clean... the way CPU uses some of these characters is damn near identical to how I see those same player models launch in real life and that replication is exciting to me, it immerses me.. last thing I want to see is 2k17 AI using dribble mechanics from nba live 97 Sega Genesis days

It's all in the bucket at this point tho.. the patch is here.. I'm not gonna be delusional or naive tho and think this is how the game "should be" like this is the dribble mechanic system I been dreaming to see arrive.. nor did I wish for game speed to play like it's on 32 and for universal player speed to be knocked down to a geriatric pace

Sent from my SGH-I337M using Tapatalk

# 243 The 24th Letter @ 05/05/16 09:39 PM
That video is what has been being said here the entire time, just less slang. They didn't remove the ability to dribble man, lol

I wanted to test that HOF blow by theory though, I'm not a fan of the HOF setting myself but maybe that's where I was missing the point.

Put Stevan Adam's on IT and blew by him 3 straight times w/o any dribble moves. Difficulty is shown at the beginning. Raw footage.

https://vimeo.com/165520248

# 244 Kully @ 05/05/16 09:53 PM
So I'm still wondering if there is going to be a PC version of this patch.

# 245 Jrocc23 @ 05/05/16 10:13 PM
I don't even remember how this became about getting past big men. I can careless about that. I am just saying it's not simply just run right by them. Sometimes you can w/ a 2 man animation sometimes you can't. Same w/ other defenders that's not bigs.

My only thing is a good representation (the best animation that was in the game for showcasing the athletic players) has been nerfed. Playing those certain players isn't the same because they can't do it anymore nor can user against users. When it seems 2K could've def left it in and combated speed boosting left and right another way.

Quote:
Originally Posted by hanzsomehanz
They program the CPU AI to use aggressive launches from a standstill and hesitation position but the community slaps us for attempting to do the same with our athletic players lol

Let that sink in yall.. it's very evident in My Career don't even have to play on HOF... just last night I was facing Portland on Pro Default (XB1 pre patch 6) and Lillard was shifting me with sudden aggressive launches that I could not keep up with.. was I whining? Hell nah, I was ok with it.
LOL. Man I used to hate/love going up against him, Kyrie, Russ and Wall because of that. Kyrie was tough because you couldn't just sag back and wait for that because he's a deadly shooter. But Wall always gave me the most problems. Sucks they won't play like that anymore.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

# 246 Sleepy59 @ 05/05/16 10:18 PM
I've played 2k for a while now, and people will find ANY excuse to left to right cheese. My concerns were explosive left joystick left to right(patched). unrealistic sizeup explosions(Now patched), and spin move explosions - 2/3. I find it funny how you guys are complaining about a move known as "SPEED BOOST". Obviously 2k doesn't want you BOOSTING anything. it is exploitable, cheesy, unfair and unguardable if it is done whilst others are setting picks left to right. If you guys are complaining that it's impossible to get past a defender due to magnetic D, don't complain about SPEED BOOSTING, complain about proper moves used according to the defenders position. Complain about the teleporting D that occurs when you blow past someone while you have speed momentum, and correctly read the opponents stance. Not a damn cheese left to right speed boost glitch that is done ALL GAME LONG with little to no stamina repercussions.

Either way, they found a way to speed boost again.

# 247 The 24th Letter @ 05/05/16 10:24 PM
Lol conversation shifts every time something is addressed directly though....but I see its kind of a mind made up beforehand type deal though so I'll fall back...(none of those were 2 man's btw)

Patch is our almost everywhere now so everyone will get to judge firsthand anyway

# 248 fatleg3 @ 05/05/16 11:10 PM
The same way I blew by guys pre patch still works post patch. Hesitation, read defender, and either cross over or continue in the direction of my hesitation. Simple and still effective.

But then again, I never play park and that's where it seem like most of the complaints come from.

Sent from my SM-N910T using Tapatalk

# 249 jeebs9 @ 05/05/16 11:14 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sleepy59
I've played 2k for a while now, and people will find ANY excuse to left to right cheese. My concerns were explosive left joystick left to right(patched). unrealistic sizeup explosions(Now patched), and spin move explosions - 2/3. I find it funny how you guys are complaining about a move known as "SPEED BOOST". Obviously 2k doesn't want you BOOSTING anything. it is exploitable, cheesy, unfair and unguardable if it is done whilst others are setting picks left to right. If you guys are complaining that it's impossible to get past a defender due to magnetic D, don't complain about SPEED BOOSTING, complain about proper moves used according to the defenders position. Complain about the teleporting D that occurs when you blow past someone while you have speed momentum, and correctly read the opponents stance. Not a damn cheese left to right speed boost glitch that is done ALL GAME LONG with little to no stamina repercussions.

Either way, they found a way to speed boost again.

Omg that video.... Omg that had me on the floor!!!!!! Hahaha!!

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk

# 250 jeebs9 @ 05/05/16 11:20 PM
https://youtu.be/EkxwISdeuuQ

The last of the speed boost

More

https://youtu.be/MzsEaJJX6sU

# 251 Jrocc23 @ 05/05/16 11:29 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by The 24th Letter
Lol conversation shifts every time something is addressed directly though....but I see its kind of a mind made up beforehand type deal though so I'll fall back...(none of those were 2 man's btw)

Patch is our almost everywhere now so everyone will get to judge firsthand anyway

I hate the non direct posts. When was the convo shifted? That has nothing to do w/ what I was talking about since the beginning. Getting past big men? Stop it and I also addressed it in my post so I don't get how it's shifted lol.

Also I didn't watch your video. It's irrelevant because my point isn't about getting past big men. Usually the animation I'm talking about is when you drive into them and you get the animation that makes you go past them. Again the issue isn't about getting past big men for me, it's about a animation taken completely out. So why are you talking about mind made up or anything lol? It's not like it's an opinion. Is the animation gone or not? Yes it is. Which is fact. So anything else you're talking about is irrelevant to me.

# 252 Sleepy59 @ 05/05/16 11:40 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by jeebs9

More

I love this, so glad it's gone lol

# 253 The 24th Letter @ 05/05/16 11:43 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jrocc23
I hate the non direct posts. When was the convo shifted? That has nothing to do w/ what I was talking about since the beginning. Getting past big men? Stop it and I also addressed it in my post so I don't get how it's shifted lol.

Also I didn't watch your video. It's irrelevant because my point isn't about getting past big men. Usually the animation I'm talking about is when you drive into them and you get the animation that makes you go past them. Again the issue isn't about getting past big men for me, it's about a animation taken completely out. So why are you talking about mind made up or anything lol? It's not like it's an opinion. Is the animation gone or not? Yes it is. Which is fact. So anything else you're talking about is irrelevant to me.
Thought it was obvious I was talking to you, if I don't quote you it's because it's a hassle depending on the browser I'm on. It's just the internet. But I went web view and made sure I did to be more 'direct' lol

Like I said, I peep game.....thread should more about impressions good or bad from people who have played, not assumptions from notes, videos etc anyway..so there's nothing to really continue on about from here. I'll keep it moving, all good.

# 254 The 24th Letter @ 05/05/16 11:49 PM
Quote:

More

[emoji38]

Man good riddance.

Can't believe some want that in the game.

I mean you know it's bad when the general community is glad it's gone....not just the 'sim guys'

# 255 Vni @ 05/05/16 11:53 PM
Quote:

More

Wang stabed me in the back. Lol the guy's funny at least.

# 256 Jrocc23 @ 05/05/16 11:54 PM
Quote:
Thought it was obvious I was talking to you, if I don't quote you it's because it's a hassle depending on the browser I'm on. It's just the internet. But I went web view and made sure I did to be more 'direct' lol

Like I said, I peep game.....thread should more about impressions good or bad from people who have played, not assumptions from notes, videos etc anyway..so there's nothing to really continue on about from here. I'll keep it moving.

What you "peep"? I have played what are you talking about? Actually playing now lol. You posted a video in the beginning of driving to the rim. Okay? We're talking about a specific animation. Then you basically say you can't change minds. What are you proving? If you can't show off that specific animation you're not proving anything. I mean I never got what you were getting at. Yes the game is still cool and you can still get by people but some people are mad they can't speed boost left and right and some like myself is mad you can't explode off the ball anymore and think 2K could've combat speed boosting another way.

Then you post a video of getting by a big. Okay? Even though it's not my point. I just recorded some videos showing where Valanciunas sticking w/ Russ multiple times. I mean it happens sometimes and sometimes it dont.

# 257 The 24th Letter @ 05/06/16 12:02 AM
....moving on.
Quote:
Omg that video.... Omg that had me on the floor!!!!!! Hahaha!!

I didn't even watch this at first, I assumed someone actually found another tactic. Some of these videos guys have dropped since the patch are hilarious[emoji38]

# 258 ViolenceFight @ 05/06/16 12:17 AM
Quote:
That video is what has been being said here the entire time, just less slang. They didn't remove the ability to dribble man, lol

I wanted to test that HOF blow by theory though, I'm not a fan of the HOF setting myself but maybe that's where I was missing the point.

Put Stevan Adam's on IT and blew by him 3 straight times w/o any dribble moves. Difficulty is shown at the beginning. Raw footage.

https://vimeo.com/165520248
....that video tho.

It's funny, because when they tweak something to affect my game, I just learn a new way to use it or do what I'm trying to do.

# 259 Vni @ 05/06/16 12:48 AM
Lol that dude's got some pretty advanced strategies, putting adams on IT.

Oh it wasn't online, nvm.

# 260 VizzyXV @ 05/06/16 01:33 AM
Anyone figured out the player portraits thing?

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.