Home
NBA 2K16 News Post

As mentioned earlier today, the NBA 2K16 patch #6 has already arrived for PlayStation 4 users, weighing in at 2.4GB. As soon as we get the patch notes, we will update this post. Until then, let us know what you are seeing.

Xbox One users will see the patch later, no official ETA has been given.

UPDATE: Here are the patch notes.
  • Updated player portraits for a number of players.
  • Tuned the effectiveness of long outlet passes for players with the Break Starter badge.
  • Delay branching from Kobe Bryant Back size-up.
  • Re-worked size-up dribble launches to prevent unnaturally explosive first steps.
  • Tune miss chances for deep downcourt and cherry picking.
  • Dock vertical and rebounding when you go behind the basket. Don’t reset 3-in-the-key offense timer in baseline behind paint for human controlled blacktop players.
UPDATE #2: The patch has arrived for Xbox One users.

UPDATE #3 (5-19): The patch is now available for PC users.

Game: NBA 2K16Reader Score: 8/10 - Vote Now
Platform: PC / PS3 / PS4 / Xbox 360 / Xbox OneVotes for game: 45 - View All
NBA 2K16 Videos
Member Comments
# 201 The 24th Letter @ 05/04/16 08:18 PM
The game feels very balanced man, can't say enough how much I'm enjoying the patch.

Love the increase in tipped, intercepted, missed long passes.

Unfortunately there are still some lapses, but there's enough disruption to make guys think twice now.

# 202 MackZillaTV @ 05/04/16 08:27 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by TTG JuiceMane
The only people who have a problem with patch 6 are the cheesers (90% of sunset). I expect to see more big men in MyPark because a lot of these speed boosters are gonna get exposed. The 2k17 leader boards are gonna look completely different since ALL of them do it lol. Enjoy it while you can 😂😂😂
All the cheesers I see are in Rivet, Sunset got a few, but most of them are terrible. Rivet got all the cheesers, all the YouTubers....

# 203 ezsmilez @ 05/04/16 09:20 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by The 24th Letter
I assume more stuff in the shops? I'll be honest, I don't check the shop often and see how much it's updated.

It's not really the point though, there's no logic behind dudes rant at all...he's just mad his go to move was taken away. I was reading comments under that "hell naw" video and random commenters were talking about how mad he would be, like that's what he's known for and all he has in his arsenal, lol.

Anyway, I really wanted to know how some PNO guys feel about the patch....a lot of the lesser publicized changes have made a big difference for me..

So far only played a couple of games online since the patch. One game guy had the thunder, it was so nice to see him being penalized for forcing it into the paint with the dribble or with the pass. He had countless turnovers now that lead passes can be stolen more frequently and the ball is more tangible on the drive. I'm also not seeing as many chase down blocks on fastbreaks.

One game I was able to keep up with the Clippers bigs using the slow footed Spurs big men while playing on broadcast cam. Overall really enjoying the patch

# 204 hanzsomehanz @ 05/04/16 09:22 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jrocc23
If you're referring to me 24, no, it's not the same animation. Yes you can say it's similar though. But if you go back and watch the vid I posted, it's different. It's a lot faster and more aggressive. From your vid it's just kind of a basic drive to the rim like on a fast break. Notice in my vid the explosion out the move and how he lowers his shoulders a little more. Always thought it was a nice animation.
The hesi - go is my primary move in Park with my PGs - I can definitely relate to what you're describing and it's moves like that that I'll be disappointed to see diminished in value...

The aggressive charge animation seems to be part of what they consider "unnatutal" - it's not abundantly clear yet albeit I don't see anyone performing this move in path 6 clips for PS4 nor will I know myself until I try it on XB1..

Sent from my SGH-I337M using Tapatalk

# 205 Jrocc23 @ 05/04/16 09:26 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by hanzsomehanz
The hesi - go is my primary move in Park with my PGs - I can definitely relate to what you're describing and it's moves like that that I'll be disappointed to see diminished in value...

The aggressive charge animation seems to be part of what they consider "unnatutal" - it's not abundantly clear yet albeit I don't see anyone performing this move in path 6 clips for PS4 nor will I know myself until I try it on XB1..

Seems gone bro. I believe taken that away stopped the speed boosting but also hurt us players that didn't abuse it.

Thinking about it, the speed boost was so effective because of that burst and players were able to stop on a dime and do it another way right? If so, why not just make it where you can't just keep stopping on a dime doing that. Or if you keep doing it you could lose control of the ball? I think the quick fix option was just taking a good animation out completely.

# 206 hanzsomehanz @ 05/04/16 10:11 PM
It's definitely a quick fix.. game still has a black mark on its face regarding sizeups that can be spammed by any player regardless of height or position or attribute rating.. it's a quick fix...

User dribble creativity and dominance is hindered by the patch so it's a return to day 1 when all folks knew was how to spam sizeups.. ehh levels the parity but being a competitor is more than just form.. basic players will still be exposed for their unrefined raw ways (88s and 99s playing with skillsets of 55s)... as competitors its moreso how we adapt to the ever changing conditions

We have all been rendered so basic lol so conformed so trained to behave fixed and accordingly 😳

# 207 Rockie_Fresh88 @ 05/04/16 10:23 PM
I'm liking the game a lot too. Next year I would like to see that every center over 7 feet isn't the next coming of wilt

# 208 c333 @ 05/04/16 11:09 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by E The Rhymer
Lol no most park scrubs don't know u can post up so I wouldn't get my hopes up they seem to think points can only some from dunks and threes and they won't count of a big does it
Agreed..
They are so used to having tunnel vision so probably no
Then if they do they will probably pass to u when u are 0.5 secs away from 3 seconds call, or worse they'll just throw u ball when u cut and result in a drop ball turnover

# 209 E The Rhymer @ 05/04/16 11:24 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by c333
Agreed..
They are so used to having tunnel vision so probably no
Then if they do they will probably pass to u when u are 0.5 secs away from 3 seconds call, or worse they'll just throw u ball when u cut and result in a drop ball turnover

Lol I gate that when ur open all the time and they ignore u and u get a three in the key or sowmthugn g waiting for he pass or they throw it right when u leave so u don't get called or they throw it late on cuts because they to busy doing dribble moves to pass

# 210 twebb5896 @ 05/04/16 11:33 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by hanzsomehanz
It's definitely a quick fix.. game still has a black mark on its face regarding sizeups that can be spammed by any player regardless of height or position or attribute rating.. it's a quick fix...

User dribble creativity and dominance is hindered by the patch so it's a return to day 1 when all folks knew was how to spam sizeups.. ehh levels the parity but being a competitor is more than just form.. basic players will still be exposed for their unrefined raw ways (88s and 99s playing with skillsets of 55s)... as competitors its moreso how we adapt to the ever changing conditions

We have all been rendered so basic lol so conformed so trained to behave fixed and accordingly 😳

I'd say we're even more hindered now because of the auto-hesitation that for a reason only god knows was put back into the game. However if this is what it took to take out the game-killing cheese moves then I'm okay with that, hopefully it will be balanced more effectively in 2K17

# 211 2_headedmonster @ 05/05/16 12:13 AM
Finally got a chance to play with the new patch and im not a fan at all of the change to the little explosiveness that did exist in 2k. I have always felt like a certain degree of athleticism has been missing from the game and the what bit thats present is held back by the overly physical on-ball defense and the cpu's ability to speed in front of you after being beaten. Even with that being the case I could occasionally make users pay for playing too close without being bumped thanks to the size-ups

Right now i feel like im trying to attack the rack with a high-schooler. Its not impossible, but unbelievably un-athletic. There is little to no snap to the movement out of size-ups and its simply feels neutered.

Contrary to what many will have you believe, its not unrealistic to be able to easily get a step on a defender.

# 212 The 24th Letter @ 05/05/16 12:18 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rockie_Fresh88
Played with my guard first time in the update .

Yeah I noticed its a lot harder to get past your man. Not even speed boosting just dribbling .But I like it a lot. IQ matters
I agree...it's like the speed boosting teacher guy said....if you had a pretty good handle on dribble moves already, you'll be fine....a lot of those moves remain effective...you just have to know when to utilize them...

If speed boosting and variations of it were your only means of beating defenders, you'll have it rough...

# 213 trandoanhung1991 @ 05/05/16 03:46 AM
I don't know about you guys, but looking at the vids posted here there's no athleticism at all.

Why should you be afraid of a Westbrook or a John Wall if he can't explode out of his hesitations and get step-and-a-half on you? If you look at their highlights, they don't actually have great handles, they just need that split second where the defense freeze reading the move and they're already a step ahead.

Westbrook in the new vids looks just like Kyle Korver while driving, he's that slow to the hoop.

Compared to this (3:13):

Not even close in terms of athleticism and explosiveness.

# 214 KyrieAbuser @ 05/05/16 03:58 AM
This patch ruin the game for people who actually knew how to dribble and enjoy the Iso moves. Now it's no explosive move out a dribble and you really now got to cheese just to get some kind of speed out a move, just don't make no sense to ruin a game at the end of the span of it.

# 215 Vroman @ 05/05/16 04:10 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by KyrieAbuser
This patch ruin the game for people who actually knew how to dribble and enjoy the Iso moves. Now it's no explosive move out a dribble and you really now got to cheese just to get some kind of speed out a move, just don't make no sense to ruin a game at the end of the span of it.
Speed boost of the dribble never made sense because it was faster than the player sprinting without a ball. Issue of not being able to create space with athletic/good ball handler player is too fast defense recover animations and "magnetic" feel of defender.

# 216 Jrocc23 @ 05/05/16 10:11 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by trandoanhung1991
I don't know about you guys, but looking at the vids posted here there's no athleticism at all.

Why should you be afraid of a Westbrook or a John Wall if he can't explode out of his hesitations and get step-and-a-half on you? If you look at their highlights, they don't actually have great handles, they just need that split second where the defense freeze reading the move and they're already a step ahead.

Westbrook in the new vids looks just like Kyle Korver while driving, he's that slow to the hoop.

Great video. You could easily see that in a lot of athletic players. The closest thing to a move like that was something like in this video. And I could make a even closer one to resemble that w/ that animation. So it sucks 2K didn't try to think of something else instead of taking out the ability to burst.

http://xboxdvr.com/gamer/KingJrocc23.../17213980#t=23

Kind of changing the topic. But it's sad that was like the only most realistic drive but just sprinting on a wide open fastbreak or etc it's like you're jogging almost. 2K needs better running animations mainly for when you get a steal or something.

# 217 IgotSyphillis @ 05/05/16 10:30 AM
Still haven't Downloded patch yet cause I only play offline. So does this patch of affect special dribble moves or are players first steps all slower also? I don't really use special dribble moves so I don't know how this patch would affect me. But I'm scared to find out. Does it affect the cpu's first step also? Or is it just special dribble moves?

# 218 The 24th Letter @ 05/05/16 10:51 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by IgotSyphillis
Still haven't Downloded patch yet cause I only play offline. So does this patch of affect special dribble moves or are players first steps all slower also? I don't really use special dribble moves so I don't know how this patch would affect me. But I'm scared to find out. Does it affect the cpu's first step also? Or is it just special dribble moves?
IMO, all the patch really nerfed were the unrealistic speed boosts guys would get from certain size ups. I personally still feel the guys that are supposed to be fast are still fast and tough to guard, it also doesn't require a ton of dribble moves...but there is a balance now....you wont be blowing by everyone on demand, or getting that 'turn' animation on everyone. It's tough, if you are really comfortable with how the game plays pre patch, I would chill on it....but you really wont get a grasp on it until you play....to see players speed relative to everyone else. Videos wont really tell the story on what you can do, or how it feels.

# 219 TheDuggler @ 05/05/16 11:17 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by trandoanhung1991

If Gino wasn't running into that screen he wouldn't have been able to make that move, I think your issue is less with the offensive explosiveness and the "stickyness" of the defense in 2K. In 2K Gino probably would have been able to stop Westbrook with his invisible force field 85% of the time, even after hitting the screen like that.

Besides that, I really don't know what you are talking about because when the opportunity is there you can make cuts just like that in game. Westbrook takes a whole lot of steps there (i counted 6) and in 2K you would see him make like 3 huge steps and then launch into an animation.

# 220 KyrieAbuser @ 05/05/16 01:34 PM
Sigh, I shouldn't be able to have no speed to lose a center if I'm using a PG with top notch speed and ball handle. Sure you stop speed boost by removing explosive step out a dribble, now you(2k), created a bunch of Scottie pippens on the court, and it don't see to matter if they slow or have high defense. Perfect timing though, I needed a new game and you guys surely push that on me because this game not enjoyable. I know how to dribble my *** off and master that from 2k15, so I know how to dribble so it's not that I lack skills to get by a center.

Overall worst 2k, each patch just slightly made the game worst, and this was the ultimate nail in the coffin, and don't even get me started with the my team mode, and the promises of new gauntlet boards, missing players, the whole money concept over the real detail context they never giving to us.

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.