Home
Madden NFL 17 News Post

Madden NFL 17 will feature a renewed focus on Franchise mode, all-new ball carrier feedback cues, defender fake out mechanics and an innovative, authentic defensive AI system.

As seen on the Xbox site, Rob Gronkowski appears to be the cover athlete, however that might be a placeholder. The first screenshots revealed are with him, Antonio Brown and Von Miller. Could we see all 3 on the cover or multiple covers? We will know for sure today at 6:00 PM ET on SportsCenter.

Quote:
Take your team all the way in Madden NFL 17 with a renewed focus on Franchise mode, putting you at the center of your team’s Championship run. Arm your team for gridiron glory on both sides of the ball with the most balanced gameplay to date, featuring all-new ball carrier feedback cues, defender fake out mechanics and an innovative, authentic defensive AI system. Madden NFL 17 is the most complete Madden … ever.

Below are some more details on the various Madden NFL 17 bundles:

Madden NFL 17 Standard Edition ($59.99)
Pre-order your copy today and receive a 1 month EA Access Trial as well as bonus content including nine Madden NFL Ranked tickets and up to seven Madden NFL Ultimate Team Pro Packs.*

Madden NFL 17 Deluxe Edition ($79.99)
Pre-order the Madden NFL 17 Deluxe Edition today and receive a one month EA Access trial as well as additional value including 30 Madden NFL Ranked tickets and up to 10 Madden NFL Ultimate Team All Pro Packs.*

Madden NFL 17 Super Deluxe Edition ($99.99)
Pre-order the Madden NFL 17 Super Deluxe Edition today and receive a one month EA Access trial as well as additional value including 30 Madden NFL Ranked tickets and up to 30 Madden NFL Ultimate Team All Pro Packs.*

Game: Madden NFL 17Reader Score: 8/10 - Vote Now
Platform: PS3 / PS4 / Xbox 360 / Xbox OneVotes for game: 17 - View All
Member Comments
# 161 jpdavis82 @ 05/12/16 03:51 PM
New post from Clint

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

# 162 SageInfinite @ 05/12/16 04:01 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by jpdavis82
New post from Clint

# 163 saybur @ 05/12/16 04:02 PM
I just hope they address the problems with the draft classes so we can carry on a franchise for a fair amount of seasons. That or let us edit everything, but we know that won't happen.

# 164 PhillyPhanatic14 @ 05/12/16 04:23 PM
I really appreciate all of the Twitter screenshots you guys are posting in here from the devs. That is a huge help to those of us without Twitter. Thank you for taking the time to do it.

# 165 Dwaresacksqb @ 05/12/16 04:47 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brightline
I thought the purpose was to share the first tidbits about the game, which is great. As opposed to the predictable ("typical EA once again failing..." vs "but its early!"). Basically, sharing information about the game is good. Arguing over whether EA deserves a "wait and see" or condemnation is pointless because its May 12th and even those who say the sky is falling have 3 months to actually decide if thats true.
So they provide the information to start the thread. Now what? Nothing? People speculate and discuss what they like and what they don't like. We had a few people spell doom based off the info and a couple people provide evidence that all might not be in despair and we should just wait and see what else they reveal. How is someone providing actual tweets of the developers to try and encourage someone else on here silly? And everything that has been discussed in this thread could be called pointless. We all share a passion for the game and the speculation and hype is fun. If you think this is all pointless and silly, why are you here?

# 166 Scott @ 05/12/16 04:50 PM
Guys, settle down, let's wait until information comes out before you bring out the pitchforks.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G935A using Tapatalk

# 167 redsox4evur @ 05/12/16 04:54 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Scott
Guys, settle down, let's wait until information comes out before you bring out the pitchforks.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G935A using Tapatalk
But I've been sharpening my pitchfork for the last week. It needs to come out, sooner rather than later.

# 168 jpdavis82 @ 05/12/16 04:56 PM
Latest tweet from Rex

# 169 roadman @ 05/12/16 04:58 PM
Boom-Shaka-Locka

# 170 jpdavis82 @ 05/12/16 04:59 PM
Oops here's the full conversation

# 171 ChristonKirby @ 05/12/16 05:02 PM
It's a really minor detail but i'd be excited if they filled up the sidelines more! With assistant coaches, trainers, equipment, etc, etc. I'd also be glad to see new player models and hair physics ( and of course more tattoos but I highly doubt we're getting that)

# 172 roadman @ 05/12/16 05:12 PM
The players need to a sign off of the tattoo artist for tattoos to appear on a regular basis.

# 173 SageInfinite @ 05/12/16 05:18 PM
I don't put too much stock in the tweets or talk. They also tweeted "best line play ever in a football game" last year or something like that so, grain of salt over here.

I'm just interested to see what's what this year.

# 174 Cowboy008 @ 05/12/16 05:18 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by roadman
The players need to a sign off of the tattoo artist for tattoos to appear on a regular basis.
Couldn't they make up some tattoos like in the UFC game? Then that way we could just add them to generated players in the draft.

# 175 DeuceDouglas @ 05/12/16 05:20 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cowboy008
Couldn't they make up some tattoos like in the UFC game? Then that way we could just add them to generated players in the draft.
This is what they need to do. Even generics would look miles better.

# 176 Kingd803 @ 05/12/16 05:43 PM
Is there not supposed to a trailer today?

# 177 Cowboy008 @ 05/12/16 05:44 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kingd803
Is there not supposed to a trailer today?
It's going to be on SportsCenter at 6 eastern

# 178 Dwaresacksqb @ 05/12/16 05:46 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by DeuceDouglas
This is what they need to do. Even generics would look miles better.
We actually were once able to give created players custom tatoos. Forget which Madden though.

Edit: EA's custom tatoos, we weren't able to create them. Wanted to clarify.

# 179 oneamongthefence @ 05/12/16 05:49 PM
Hopefully the cues can teach players when to use certain ball carrier moves and hopefully they're contextually accurate. Meaning if I juke right into a player i still make him miss because an animation triggers that forces the tackler to wiff.

Sent from my LG-AS991 using Tapatalk

# 180 DeuceDouglas @ 05/12/16 05:52 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dwaresacksqb
We actually were once able to give created players custom tatoos. Forget which Madden though.
It was the Xbox/PS2 era. They had like the tribal arm band and a few others. One thing with generics is if you just added a ton of templates it would make the current players look better and maybe even incentivize some of them to get their real tattoos in the game. And then on top of that it could add some life to the generic players in CFM as well. Once someone drafts a first round QB with both arms fully sleeved out people might complain but I think it would do more good than bad. And it's like equipment too where once you get a good base you don't have to change anything at all, just keep adding.

Post A Comment
This thread has been closed for new comments.