Home
EA Sports UFC 2 News Post

EA Sports UFC 2 patch 1.07 and content update #4 is available now for PlayStation 4 and Xbox One fans. The update adds 2 new fighters, Karolina Kowalkiewicz (Women's Strawweight) and Thiago Tavares (Men’s Featherweight), as well as UFC Ultimate Team features, and gameplay updates.

Below are the gameplay updates in patch 1.07, previously revealed here.

UFC ULTIMATE TEAM
  • Fighter Showpieces: Celebrate momentous victories in UFC history through Fighter Showpieces. Collect all Fighter Showpieces in Ultimate Team for epic rewards!
  • Item Scouting: A new way to acquire Ultimate Team items. Every day, 5 different items will be available to buy with coins. Users can spend coins to manually refresh the list of items available and use UFC Points to lock an item until they have enough coins to buy it.
  • Highlights of the Week: A new tab in the Ultimate Team store that showcases new and highlighted items for each week. Come see what’s available in packs!
  • Improved Create a Fighter flow: When creating a new fighter in Ultimate Team, players will now be shown a randomized fighter and can jump directly into the Ultimate Team mode with that fighter. Players can also cycle through multiple randomized fighters or use the original Create a Fighter feature for full customization control.
GAMEPLAY UPDATES
  • Removed the ability of punches in Single Collar Clinch to deny clinch transitions.
  • Increased counter window after denied clinch attempt.
  • Added the ability to deny clinch attempts when following through with a strike.
  • Added counter damage modifier after clinch denial.
  • Added new momentum scenarios to various ground positions.
  • Added new logic to control when different strike types can interrupt a takedown.
  • Punish the defender in a submission for defending a chain before it appears by taking away some defensive progress.
  • Pushing in the wrong direction to deny submission chain blocks the defending fighter from pushing in the correct direction.
  • Reduced Thai Knee Damage by 10%.
  • Changed the inputs for submission reversals on the ground to be L2+R2.
  • Gave fighters who have the sit out sweep in sprawl the option to also do the half guard escape.
  • Tuned the submissive fighter's escape from back mount to half guard to be a bit more challenging.
  • AI tuning.
  • Various Gameplay and Animation updates.

EA Sports UFC 2 screenshot gallery - Click to view EA Sports UFC 2 screenshot gallery - Click to view
Game: EA Sports UFC 2Reader Score: 6/10 - Vote Now
Platform: PS4 / Xbox OneVotes for game: 17 - View All
EA Sports UFC 2 Videos
Member Comments
# 161 AydinDubstep @ 06/03/16 03:33 AM
Played yesterday evening on Pro against the AI - had a lot of fun with house rules and lost most of my fights!

My first fight was Bruce Lee against Connor Mcg, I got dropped in the first 20 seconds or so. Lost the fight in the first round.

Did a fight with Stipe against Werdum, used Stipe and obliterated Werdum. Rematched and it went 3 full rounds and narrowly won a decision!

Getting off the floor against Werdum was too easy though and the AI seems to love going to the crucifix position. In every fight it kept transitioning there from side control, didn't show much love for the full mount.

The AI seems to be better at finishing you than a few patches ago and also, the stamina issue didn't seem as obvious in my play throughs. They also use the clinch a bit better, especially on the cage.

I did Machida against Cormier. Got wrestle f'd for 3 rounds by Cormier and he had me in the clinch on the cage for a good 1 minute in game time. This is of course with house rules but I have to say, playing house rules now vs a few patches ago, now is much more enjoyable!

# 162 Player2793 @ 06/03/16 05:42 AM
Thumbs down from me - will wait til the next one.

# 163 unBEARable @ 06/03/16 05:52 AM
Had a few fight on Pro and Hard, AI still lacking a challenge. It's better than day one, but when an 85 overall fighter KOs Rockhold in the first round 3 times in a row due to him blowing his stamina it gets boring fast.

Will wait for the next patch, fingers crossed.

# 164 oshighwayman @ 06/03/16 06:58 AM
THANK U EA and devs for listening to community and making good changes.
it s always nice and good to see that u re still working on game.

can u please tune standup (combos, combo multiplier, body shots, side kicks) in next patch?
it looks like from div 4/5 everybody turns into robot spamming same combinations, same combos with same kicks, same sidekicks.
I would say add more counters to every punch/kick or add auto lunge for punches, because they re way too many kicks thrown in 3/5 rounds

# 165 Boiler569 @ 06/03/16 09:17 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by chapmandachamp
just got update and the free packs were loaded with sweet LW perks/moves/and atrib . now im wondering if this is like a sorry for all those 1500 prem lw packs ?? cuz apology accepted!
haha I didn't think about that....more than likely! I also accept their apology lol

Quote:
Originally Posted by norml
I just don't understand the reasoning for being able to pre-emptively deny standing takedowns when you can't deny early on the ground or in the clinch where at least it would be at worst a 50/50 guess. TD's are denied the same every time, no guessing. Which means I can throw a spin kick then immediately hold R2+RS down and block any well timed TD. Now that it's common knowledge the TD situation is quickly going to get worse.
Good point -- you can't pre-deny in clinch and ground, and in reality, those are HARDER denials to make (in terms of a human's reaction skill) so ---

no pre-denial available for very quick transitions (ground and clinch are fast)

vs.

pre-denial available for an animation (standing takedown attempt) that generally takes much longer to play out.

So, it's making the easier-to-deny scenario EASIER; and the harder scenario HARDER

This in of itself ... when fighters both have 100% stamina ... is a debate topic for sure.

But if Fighter A has 80%+ and Fighter B has < 20% ---- it doesn't seem very realistic or balanced given takedowns are some of the most taxing moves you can make in the octagon.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bigg Cee
all they have to do is just use knees to block your transition. Pretty much clinch is the same way before patch if you don't wanna deny and just want to stop a transition. This time around all they did was just make punches not stop it.
Just block the knees then Now people can only stop transitions two ways: Knees, or denials. Most people are horrible at denials; so they'll be using knees a lot. So, block a knee, return a strike, transition.

After about 30 fights last night, I'm liking the new changes to clinch --- I just wish punches/elbows did a tad more damage in single collar, to make up for their nerf

# 166 Boiler569 @ 06/03/16 09:26 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by aholbert32
I guess I'm showing my age because I'm from the generation where you bought a game and there were no patches.....you just had the game. Now with patches, I'm thankful if a game company improves the game after release. With that said, I know not everyone feels that way.
lol for real right? Kids these days, so spoiled

That said, there are a few very easy tweaks they could make, that could make a huge difference (for the better) with very little effort/investment/$/time

* Slight boost/stopping power to powerful one-shot strikes --- in particular I've found that push kicks are almost worthless even if you catch them FLUSH as they are running at you

* Slight boost to standing takedown ability; in particular, make it mor stamina dependent (see previous posts)

* Approx. 20% DECREASE in the power of standing block/health of your arms. --- and/or more bleedthru; so if your arms are 'sorta pink', you are going to absorb some damage!! Y ou don't only start absorbing a (decent) amount of damage when arm health is totally dead. Note: Ground is fine; but standing is too powerful. This will help get rid of the 'invisible shield' syndrome without having to rework blocking/etc.

I'm certainly not a dev but those three themselves seem to be very quick fixes; just tweak some numbers in the code ever so slightly and you're good to go.

But oh well, I'm liking this patch so far, especially the Item Scouting that's legit

# 167 scyth223 @ 06/03/16 09:49 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by aholbert32
That is not true.

AI doesnt make the mode. It makes the mode more enjoyable. If Madden had A+ AI but no franchise mode and all you could play is quick games....no one would buy Madden.

I'm not saying that the AI doesnt need improving because it does.

I'm saying that I dont believe that AI isnt a complete substitute for empty game modes.
I would say AI does make the mode. It pretty much broke career mode for everyone in UFC 2.

Look at fifa, after all these years they got the AI pretty good. Pretty much a setting for everyone. I'm primilary an online player but I really hope they concentrate a lot on offline stuff for the next game.

That being said I went back and finally finished my career mode, and it was actually pretty fun. The AI is much better.

Remember to turn off stamina and the hud. You don't look at your opponent's stamina in real life.

# 168 bmlimo @ 06/03/16 10:13 AM
ea ufc 1 AI was better but i hope they improve more

# 169 Phobia @ 06/03/16 10:22 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by DaveDQ
I guess the hopes of EA seriously addressing stamina are gone. They just refuse to tax a guy for being overly aggressive. It's so frustrating.
My same complaint Dave!

# 170 LingeringRegime @ 06/03/16 10:48 AM
Too bad there is still no random generation for a create a fighter offline. I don't play that ultimate team stuff.

Still no random select for fight now either.

# 171 Pax_Vision @ 06/03/16 06:50 PM
The new patch sucks so bad...

# 172 Bigg Cee @ 06/03/16 07:22 PM
FISH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! AND GPD!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Are you sure that the grapple meter moves disappearing was your controller and not a glitch??????

because my first fight in LEC and I was faber and I clinched Cruz then went for a transition but none of my grapple moves were there, I was pushing in different directions and nothing happen, also my oppenent was not that good so he just stayed there so I was able to see the empty grapple meter for a few secs twice.

GPD are you sure this ain't a glitch???? This was my first time seeing this. CRAZY!

(PS4)

# 173 Bigg Cee @ 06/03/16 07:37 PM
Also when my grapple meter went blank I lost all controls over my fighter, I could not move or break away from them. The only way I got my controller to work again was once he took me down to the ground. CRAZY.

# 174 fishingtime @ 06/03/16 07:39 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bigg Cee
Also when my grapple meter went blank I lost all controls over my fighter, I could not move or break away from them. The only way I got my controller to work again was once he took me down to the ground. CRAZY.
Mine was my controller, but I have lost controls before. It used to happen last game too, but it is random.

# 175 Bigg Cee @ 06/03/16 07:56 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by fishingtime
Mine was my controller, but I have lost controls before. It used to happen last game too, but it is random.
it looked just like yours fish, I clinch then my meter went blank, we stayed in the same spot for about 5 sec because my oppenent was not good at all. Then he took me down and it came back, so I clinch again and the same thing happen and this time my controller would not work and my meter was blank so I just stayed there and he took me down again, Then I got back up and clinched again and it worked and I was able to take him down and GNP for the win.

I think it's a rare glitch, I have never seen this in over 1,600 online ranked matches, this is my first!

# 176 shanice73 @ 06/03/16 07:58 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pax_Vision
The new patch sucks so bad...
No it don't.

# 177 DarceChoke @ 06/04/16 04:33 AM
I've only played 4 matches, but there's no complaints from me so far.

Also seemed to only get matched up against players of a similar rating too, which is nice.

# 178 kingsofthevalley @ 06/04/16 04:46 AM
Anyone else having issues getting online after the patch? I can't seem to get online anymore.

# 179 DeadHunter1911 @ 06/04/16 05:03 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by kingsofthevalley
Anyone else having issues getting online after the patch? I can't seem to get online anymore.
I couldn't get online either. Not in ranked, unranked, or UT.

# 180 HereticGabriel @ 06/04/16 12:25 PM
Increased counter window after denied clinch attempt.

Someone give better detail for these? Most clinches are for MT.. But when I deny it I push them so far away I can't seem to land any punches.. What's the best way to capitalize?

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.