Home
EA Sports UFC 2 News Post

EA Sports UFC 2 patch 1.07 and content update #4 is available now for PlayStation 4 and Xbox One fans. The update adds 2 new fighters, Karolina Kowalkiewicz (Women's Strawweight) and Thiago Tavares (Men’s Featherweight), as well as UFC Ultimate Team features, and gameplay updates.

Below are the gameplay updates in patch 1.07, previously revealed here.

UFC ULTIMATE TEAM
  • Fighter Showpieces: Celebrate momentous victories in UFC history through Fighter Showpieces. Collect all Fighter Showpieces in Ultimate Team for epic rewards!
  • Item Scouting: A new way to acquire Ultimate Team items. Every day, 5 different items will be available to buy with coins. Users can spend coins to manually refresh the list of items available and use UFC Points to lock an item until they have enough coins to buy it.
  • Highlights of the Week: A new tab in the Ultimate Team store that showcases new and highlighted items for each week. Come see what’s available in packs!
  • Improved Create a Fighter flow: When creating a new fighter in Ultimate Team, players will now be shown a randomized fighter and can jump directly into the Ultimate Team mode with that fighter. Players can also cycle through multiple randomized fighters or use the original Create a Fighter feature for full customization control.
GAMEPLAY UPDATES
  • Removed the ability of punches in Single Collar Clinch to deny clinch transitions.
  • Increased counter window after denied clinch attempt.
  • Added the ability to deny clinch attempts when following through with a strike.
  • Added counter damage modifier after clinch denial.
  • Added new momentum scenarios to various ground positions.
  • Added new logic to control when different strike types can interrupt a takedown.
  • Punish the defender in a submission for defending a chain before it appears by taking away some defensive progress.
  • Pushing in the wrong direction to deny submission chain blocks the defending fighter from pushing in the correct direction.
  • Reduced Thai Knee Damage by 10%.
  • Changed the inputs for submission reversals on the ground to be L2+R2.
  • Gave fighters who have the sit out sweep in sprawl the option to also do the half guard escape.
  • Tuned the submissive fighter's escape from back mount to half guard to be a bit more challenging.
  • AI tuning.
  • Various Gameplay and Animation updates.

EA Sports UFC 2 screenshot gallery - Click to view EA Sports UFC 2 screenshot gallery - Click to view
Game: EA Sports UFC 2Reader Score: 6/10 - Vote Now
Platform: PS4 / Xbox OneVotes for game: 17 - View All
EA Sports UFC 2 Videos
Member Comments
# 21 tissues250 @ 06/02/16 02:45 PM
How about AI on pro?? huge improve?

# 22 Bigg Cee @ 06/02/16 02:47 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by tissues250
How about AI on pro?? huge improve?
yes if any offline guys try pro AI please post your experience and if they fight better.

This is huge news we need to know...

# 23 jb12780 @ 06/02/16 02:48 PM
Robbie Lawler still being able to reverse Maia on the ground is a bit concerning. Bottom half guard to back sitting needs to removed, except for the elite BJJ guys.

# 24 aholbert32 @ 06/02/16 02:49 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bigg Cee
does gameplay feel the same to anyone who has tried it yet?

I'm gunna hop on in 20 min, pretty pumped, but dam
the new fighters for the patch are kinda weak. No Lorenz Larkin makes me sad...
Keep in mind that before this week Larkin was 3-3 in his last 6. That may be a reason he wasnt added (along with WW being pretty full already). With that said, I hope he's in the next patch if there is one.

# 25 aholbert32 @ 06/02/16 02:50 PM
Quote:
yes if any offline guys try pro AI please post your experience and if they fight better.

This is huge news we need to know...
I'm at work so im dying to know this too.

# 26 wolfwind1310 @ 06/02/16 02:55 PM
none of there changes mean a damn thing since i still cant get match up against some one thats not 7-25 ovr better than me

fix the damn matchmakeing system i know i cant be the only person thats new

# 27 Bigg Cee @ 06/02/16 03:01 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by aholbert32
I'm at work so im dying to know this too.
Jus got home from work.

Gunna hop on and try pro AI.

I'll be back with my worthless thoughts. lol

BRB...

# 28 jb12780 @ 06/02/16 03:04 PM
I just played Rockhold vs. Bisping. It was interesting to say the least. I used Bisping. Video is coming up shortly.

# 29 Bigg Cee @ 06/02/16 03:10 PM
They still waste sooo much stamina when you put pressure on the AI.

It's still to easy, sure it got a lil better but not by much.

# 30 Bigg Cee @ 06/02/16 03:13 PM
maybe it's just me but I feel like the AI on pro lacks any personality. The stamina drain is not as bad as before, but when you put pressure on them, they waste stamina faster and start throwing strikes on a empty gas tank instead of blocking and just trying to regain stamina.

# 31 EarvGotti @ 06/02/16 03:13 PM
Anyone notice any changes that were not in the patch notes? How is movement speed when your stamina is low?

# 32 bmlimo @ 06/02/16 03:14 PM
the conect is way more better... other things didn't change my game at all since i never abused those things... what i noticed(maybe just in my head) subs are harder

# 33 jb12780 @ 06/02/16 03:17 PM
Rockholf vs. Bisping on Pro. I used Bisping.

# 34 Bigg Cee @ 06/02/16 03:19 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by jb12780
Rockholf vs. Bisping on Pro. I used Bisping.

you should of left stamina on and hud on so we can see his stamina drain in tough moments of a fight or when you put crazy pressure on them.

# 35 jb12780 @ 06/02/16 03:20 PM
Quote:
you should of left stamin on so we can see his stamina drain in tough monument of a fight or when you put crazy pressure on them.
I always play without stamina bar on.

Sent from my LGLS991 using Tapatalk

# 36 Bigg Cee @ 06/02/16 03:21 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by jb12780
I always play without stamina bar on.

Sent from my LGLS991 using Tapatalk
either way, the AI on pro is not that great, even with all the patches.

Kind of a bummer if you tell me. owell back to online ranked again. lol

# 37 Bigg Cee @ 06/02/16 03:30 PM
if you play slow and laid back not putting pressure and just let the fight come to you, then sure the AI is better, but when you wanna put pressure and just come out guns blazing, then the AI will drain all of there stamina and throw strikes and kicks with no stamina at all, which then from there they get rocked and go into matrix like defense and it's rinse and repeat over and over.

Now the decent thing is the AI is better on the ground and clinch, but stand up is so far behind and boring it's not fun at all, nothing like watching fighters drain all there stamina over me doing pressure fighting the minute a fight starts.

just my thoughts...

# 38 SMOKEZERO @ 06/02/16 03:38 PM
A vet like Tavares finally getting some love is great. Although he isn't popular and has many losses, you'd be hard pressed to find a boring fight of his.

# 39 aholbert32 @ 06/02/16 03:45 PM
Quote:
if you play slow and laid back not putting pressure and just let the fight come to you, then sure the AI is better, but when you wanna put pressure and just come out guns blazing, then the AI will drain all of there stamina and throw strikes and kicks with no stamina at all, which then from there they get rocked and go into matrix like defense and it's rinse and repeat over and over.

Now the decent thing is the AI is better on the ground and clinch, but stand up is so far behind and boring it's not fun at all, nothing like watching fighters drain all there stamina over me doing pressure fighting the minute a fight starts.

just my thoughts...
A couple of thoughts:

- Can you upload a video of you pressure fighting? One thing that Skynet said months ago that the AI doesnt do well against pressure fighting and definitely not against spamming.

- I think the stamina issues now are related to aggression and the AI's mindset when it comes to pressure fighting. On Pro, the Ai's aggression is much higher than other levels no matter who you use. From experience, if you pressure the AI on Pro, its not gonna run or get defensive.....its going to
fire back. On Normal and Hard, the AI will attempt to get defensive more often than on pro if you pressure it.

- That leads to the other problem, striking power. The AI doesnt have enough power to force someone who chooses to pressure it to back off. So people can swarm the AI and win most of the time.

- Watching that video, I'm encouraged that the AI blocks alot more on pro. What's perfect for me is the speed/aggression on Hard with the blocking on Pro.

# 40 Bigg Cee @ 06/02/16 03:54 PM
watching ppl still deny takedowns with no stamina and clinch att. with no stamina is a JOKE!!!!

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.