Home
EA Sports UFC 2 News Post

EA Sports UFC 2 patch 1.07 and content update #4 is available now for PlayStation 4 and Xbox One fans. The update adds 2 new fighters, Karolina Kowalkiewicz (Women's Strawweight) and Thiago Tavares (Men’s Featherweight), as well as UFC Ultimate Team features, and gameplay updates.

Below are the gameplay updates in patch 1.07, previously revealed here.

UFC ULTIMATE TEAM
  • Fighter Showpieces: Celebrate momentous victories in UFC history through Fighter Showpieces. Collect all Fighter Showpieces in Ultimate Team for epic rewards!
  • Item Scouting: A new way to acquire Ultimate Team items. Every day, 5 different items will be available to buy with coins. Users can spend coins to manually refresh the list of items available and use UFC Points to lock an item until they have enough coins to buy it.
  • Highlights of the Week: A new tab in the Ultimate Team store that showcases new and highlighted items for each week. Come see what’s available in packs!
  • Improved Create a Fighter flow: When creating a new fighter in Ultimate Team, players will now be shown a randomized fighter and can jump directly into the Ultimate Team mode with that fighter. Players can also cycle through multiple randomized fighters or use the original Create a Fighter feature for full customization control.
GAMEPLAY UPDATES
  • Removed the ability of punches in Single Collar Clinch to deny clinch transitions.
  • Increased counter window after denied clinch attempt.
  • Added the ability to deny clinch attempts when following through with a strike.
  • Added counter damage modifier after clinch denial.
  • Added new momentum scenarios to various ground positions.
  • Added new logic to control when different strike types can interrupt a takedown.
  • Punish the defender in a submission for defending a chain before it appears by taking away some defensive progress.
  • Pushing in the wrong direction to deny submission chain blocks the defending fighter from pushing in the correct direction.
  • Reduced Thai Knee Damage by 10%.
  • Changed the inputs for submission reversals on the ground to be L2+R2.
  • Gave fighters who have the sit out sweep in sprawl the option to also do the half guard escape.
  • Tuned the submissive fighter's escape from back mount to half guard to be a bit more challenging.
  • AI tuning.
  • Various Gameplay and Animation updates.

EA Sports UFC 2 screenshot gallery - Click to view EA Sports UFC 2 screenshot gallery - Click to view
Game: EA Sports UFC 2Reader Score: 6/10 - Vote Now
Platform: PS4 / Xbox OneVotes for game: 17 - View All
EA Sports UFC 2 Videos
Member Comments
# 1 Boiler569 @ 06/02/16 01:24 PM
woohoo downloading now; heck of a day for my water heater to go bad so I had to work from home lol now I can practice w/ the patch before the LEC

Thanks for all the support EA this patch is promising can't wait to test it out

edit: Couple of cool additions to Ultimate Team, too! This will hold us over til the auction house is opened up in 1.08...right?...

# 2 JRed529 @ 06/02/16 01:34 PM
Was really hoping for trading in UT. Not to be a downer, but not sure how much sets will help revive UT at this point.

# 3 Shogun474 @ 06/02/16 01:41 PM
Could someone explain submission reversal in detail please

# 4 SUGATA @ 06/02/16 01:50 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shogun474
Could someone explain submission reversal please in detail please

GRAPPLING MOVE REVERSAL (GM Reversal):
- some fighters have GM Reversal (Transition, TD/Throw, Submission) for countering some opponent’s GM (usually TD/Throw attempts); I CAN REVEAL what Reversals has my fighter by holding L2/L1/R2 and possible Reversals will be displayed on my Grapple HUD:
Example: in Practice Stand up on distance perform GM (for ex TD) by opponent and Grapple HUD appear, by mine fighter hold R2/L2/L1 to see available counter moves; do the same in Clinch; do the same on Ground.
- may be listed in Move list in Submission > “Reversal” word (for SR) OR may not be listed at all
- Reversal window is different for Stand up/Clinch/Ground
- (may holding Reversal input pre-emptively)
- is instant (don’t need to fill TM), so is undeniable.

1. TAKEDOWN REVERSAL (TR) vs Takedown:
- vs Takedown from any position (Stand up, Clinch)
- counter opponent’s TD attempt by Takedown/Throw
- Reversal window = 50% opponent’s filled TM
- in Practice: on distance perform this TD by opponent and Grapple HUD appear, by mine fighter hold R2/L2/L1 to see available counter moves
(may holding)L2 + (may holding)RS Left/Right - perform Takedown reversal as a TD counter. POSSIBLE pre-emptive input, but then I will start my TD attempt; no Stamina drain.

2. SUBMISSION REVERSAL (SR) vs Takedown:
- vs Takedown from any position (Stand up, Clinch)
- counter opponent’s TD attempt by Submission
- in Practice: on distance perform this TD by opponent and Grapple HUD appear, by mine fighter hold R2/L2/L1 to see available counter moves
(may holding)L2 + (may holding)RS Down - perform Submission reversal as a TD counter. POSSIBLE pre-emptive input; no Stamina drain.
For fighter with SR only for one type of TD (for ex only for Single leg TD) against opponent with both type of TDs (single leg and double leg): (holding) RSê + [as TD begins](click)L2 against TD available to SR or R2 against TD not available to SR.

3. SUBMISSION REVERSAL (SR) vs Transition:
- vs opponent’s Transition from sub Sprawl to Clinch (Over under); (Guillotine).
- vs opponent’s Transition from sub Half guard to dom Back sitting; (Knee bar).
- counter opponent’s Transition attempt by Submission
- in Practice: on distance perform this Transition by opponent and Grapple HUD appear, by mine fighter hold R2/L2/L1 to see available counter moves
[BEFORE Submission reversal moment] (may holding)R2+L2, but do not both (R2+RS), and (click) RS in indicated direction [at Submission reversal moment, i.e. as opponent’s GM execution starts] - perform Submission reversal as a Transition counter. NO pre-emptive input (all the same as GB, will be Blank GB and Wrong GB).

4. TRANSITION REVERSAL (TR) vs Takedown:
- vs Takedown from any position (Stand up, Clinch). Example: vs Single/Double leg TD by Transition to Over Under clinch
- counter opponent’s TD attempt by Transition
- Reversal window = 90% opponent’s filled TM in Stand up; and 10 frames in mid of filled TM in Clinch (in Clinch window is very small window so better [just his TD animation begins] (holding) L1+RS)
- in Practice: on distance perform this TD by opponent and Grapple HUD appear, by mine fighter hold R2/L2/L1 to see available counter moves OR may not appear but available
(may holding)L1 + (may holding)RS Left/Right - perform Transition as a TD counter.
__________________________________________________ _________________

I want to draw attention to still IN-BALANCE in 1.07 Submission reversal solutions in Clinch:

Quote:

Originally Posted by GameplayDevUFC

No, only the guillotine catch from sprawl SUB getup and the kneebar from half guard back sitting.

Takedown reversals behave the same as before.

This was done to fix the fact that the sub reversals could be preloaded with no penalty making them way OP.

Now they behave the same as a regular denial, but with the submission modifier to make it a submission reversal.

You keep the same input (L2+RS) for TD and Submission reversals in Stand up and Clinch.
And only for Ground change input (L+R2+RS) for Submission reversals - to prevent pre-emptive input.

Stand up TD/Submission reversals:
- are the same as Grapple block - both u can hold pre-eptively and it dpoes not drain stamina
OK, agree.

But

For CLINCH TD/Submission reversals:
- Grapple block can NOT be holded pre-eptively and it drains stamina
- TD/SUbmission reversal are different from Grapple block and CAN be holded pre-eptively and dont drain stamina
= disbalance!
NOT OK, disagree

How to fix:
always where we have Grapple HUD (Clinch and Ground, ecept only Stand up) change input for reversals to L2+R2+RS and all other penalties of standard Grapple block (blank GB, Wrong GB - penatlies).
I.e. ALWAYS Reversals must to have the same penalties and features as Grapple block(GB). GB is different ONLY between Stand up and Clinch/Ground. So reversals input must to be different ONLY between Standup and Clinch/Ground! This must to be the rule of balance.

# 5 Shogun474 @ 06/02/16 02:00 PM
@sugata thanks bro

# 6 DarceChoke @ 06/02/16 02:07 PM
Just checking out the item scouting. I see a Renan Barao Rear spinning head kick for 514,800 coins... Erm ok.

I think it'll be a welcomed addition though. I'm at the stage now were I'm not really getting any value from 5000 coin packs as I have to be really selective with what I put on my fighters due to space. This atleast allows you to make an informed choice. Hopefully the 5* stuff gets cheaper though.

# 7 JRed529 @ 06/02/16 02:08 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by DarceChoke
Just checking out the item scouting. I see a Renan Barao Rear spinning head kick for 514,800 coins... Erm ok.
Hello? Can I sell it for that much??????

# 8 Bigg Cee @ 06/02/16 02:12 PM
These new fighters kinda suck.

# 9 Shogun474 @ 06/02/16 02:13 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by DarceChoke

I think it'll be a welcomed addition though. I'm at the stage now were I'm not really getting any value from 5000 coin packs as I have to be really selective with what I put on my fighters due to space. This atleast allows you to make an informed choice. Hopefully the 5* stuff gets cheaper though.

LMAO really???

Another reason i'm glad i only play ranked championship

# 10 fishingtime @ 06/02/16 02:13 PM
Was still having kicks stop me. Think they were body, but I was shooting long before it landed. Felt the same. May be just that kick.

# 11 DarceChoke @ 06/02/16 02:14 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by JRed529
Hello? Can I sell it for that much??????

Nope. Still the same price for selling.

Ultimate Team has the same APR rate as Wonga as a comparison.

# 12 SportsGameGod @ 06/02/16 02:21 PM
FIX FINISHING OPPONENT ON THE FEET ALREADY!!?!

It's the worst thing existing in the game from DAY 1!! W

When you rock your opponent there is an invisible wall/feet in the sand mechanic and it ruins the game. This game is just so good otherwise to have this weigh it down.

# 13 Boiler569 @ 06/02/16 02:29 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by SportsGameGod
FIX FINISHING OPPONENT ON THE FEET ALREADY!!?!

It's the worst thing existing in the game from DAY 1!! W

When you rock your opponent there is an invisible wall/feet in the sand mechanic and it ruins the game. This game is just so good otherwise to have this weigh it down.
agree, if there isn't something already in the pipeline for this there really needs to be a rush to get it done ASAP :/

Wow 500k coins for a 5-star??? lol I saw that move, but couldn't figure out how to buy it or see how much it cost wow lol

EA...seriously...you need to bring the price down for item exchange and this featured card thing by literally 80% lol

no one uses card exchange, and no one is going to spend 500k on one kick when you can get *100* premium packs, which will have at least 8 5-star moves plus other stuff, for 500k !!! lol

# 14 Bigg Cee @ 06/02/16 02:33 PM
does gameplay feel the same to anyone who has tried it yet?

I'm gunna hop on in 20 min, pretty pumped, but dam
the new fighters for the patch are kinda weak. No Lorenz Larkin makes me sad...

# 15 JRed529 @ 06/02/16 02:35 PM
After checking out the added UT features, I gotta say these sets look like they could be a ton of fun completing.

Good job guys!

# 16 fishingtime @ 06/02/16 02:40 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bigg Cee
does gameplay feel the same to anyone who has tried it yet?
No, it definitely feels better. The clinch is also different. Going to be fun learning new tactics!

# 17 Bigg Cee @ 06/02/16 02:41 PM
so how are the clinch changes anyone????

I feel like this patch is kinda slow with people saying there thoughts...

# 18 Bigg Cee @ 06/02/16 02:43 PM
If anyone has played a laggy match please post details about your match and if you noticed better controller response since the online servers got a update.

# 19 Boiler569 @ 06/02/16 02:44 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bigg Cee
so how are the clinch changes anyone????

I feel like this patch is kinda slow with people saying there thoughts...
well it's late in the week in the middle of the afternoon, and tbh each patch will have fewer and fewer people commenting on it I'm sure as player base dwindles (not trying to be pessimistic!)

Personally i'm happy about the punches not stopping clinch transitions anymore; though I think punches/elbows need more damage in clinch, to make up for that...

The leg grab momentum (when SUB MT escapes to SC) is legit!

I didn't necessarily notice if single/double leg TDs were easier to score in over under and double under; as they're supposed to be; seemed about the same but I only played for 20 minutes against the CPU so it's tough to tell

# 20 DarceChoke @ 06/02/16 02:45 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by JRed529
After checking out the added UT features, I gotta say these sets look like they could be a ton of fun completing.

Good job guys!
I'm confused by the sets. Is it just a case of open packs to find the items?

If so, it seems pretty unobtainable.

« Previous12345678910Next »

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.