Home
MLB The Show 16 News Post

MLB The Show 16 patch 1.06 is available now. Some of the patch notes have been revealed.
  • Fixed several soft-locks that could occur during online gameplay that would result in a forfeit.
  • Resolved an occasional hard-lock that would occur during the fielding throwing exercise of the Bowman Scout Day.
  • Adjusted pitcher energy in the bullpen menu to match the pre-game pitcher select screen for easier viewing.
  • Corrected the way team logos were being displayed on matte helmets
  • Minor tuning was Made to Mercy Rule logic.
  • Other various bug fixes.
This post will get updated if more notes become available.

Game: MLB The Show 16Reader Score: 8/10 - Vote Now
Platform: PS3 / PS4Votes for game: 23 - View All
MLB The Show 16 Videos
Member Comments
# 81 bcruise @ 06/18/16 01:00 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by citybythebay85
I have seen that before and after the patch. It's happened several times with me. Especially a CPU runner trying to go from 1st to 3rd on a single and thrown out easily standing up at 3rd, as if they were trying to run home...
Yeah. I don't think the frequency's any different - I had games where it happened multiple times even before the patches. And then I could go 10 games without seeing it happen again.

It's probably some really obscure line of code that causes it, and unfortunately those are not easy things to reproduce/fix.

Sent from my SM-G900P using Tapatalk

# 82 ender106 @ 06/18/16 03:19 PM
I don't know if it's just a coincidence, but since the patch the "1st career home run" bug has not happened to me (2 games so far after patch). Both games had a home run and the glitch didn't trigger. Prior to the patch, it happened in every game that had a home run. Crossing fingers that it's really gone now!

# 83 HolyStroke3 @ 06/18/16 05:09 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ghost Of The Year
How many uni's are in 2k16 versus The Show 16, counting the Show's MILB uni's?
I would think 2k has less uni's to put in considering SDS is doing 90 teams.
Correct me if I'm wrong.
Not sure of the exact numbers but I would think 2K has less. However they add uniforms throughout the year and I don't think there's a limit to how many uniforms a team can have. Off the top of my head Golden State had 15+ uniforms in 2K16

The Show's "slots" cause limitations and I haven't heard why theyre used or if there's an advantage to them.

# 84 tonybologna @ 06/18/16 09:29 PM
For PS3 gamers, they still haven't released patch v1.06 yet. I find this to be even later than usual. Usually it's 3-5 days & no longer than 1 week after PS4 get its patch.

It's been 5 days now. If this isn't released by Monday then I would begin to wonder what's going on with the PS3 updated patch. Well, give it Tuesday this time since Father's Day is Sunday.

Have to find some reason to give them a excuse in case it doesn't happen on Monday.

# 85 decga @ 06/19/16 09:54 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by tnixen
Did they fix the missing team logo from catcher helmets while fielding issue?

Also did they fix the "Light" issue on the pitcher stat menu that you can pull up when clicking up during gameplay?
@Tnixen, This is first time I had noticed the team's logo not being on the catcher's helmet yesterday. Playing a franchise game with my Braves. It is just as well though. Last year the wrong kind of " A " wasn't on the catcher's helmet anyway.

# 86 MDgolf @ 06/19/16 09:58 AM
Anyone notice CPU offense is stronger post patch?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

# 87 countryboy @ 06/19/16 12:48 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by MDgolf

I haven't noticed a change pre and post patch. Seems the same to me.

# 88 adam914 @ 06/19/16 08:06 PM
Quote:

The game has definitely changed post patch, no doubt about it. Before patch I was 45-10 in my franchise, scoring runs non-stop and putting up huge numbers to the point where I was close to playing with sliders to make it harder. Since the patch I am 0-6 and haven't scored more than 1 run in any of those 6 games with a couple shutouts as well. I am still getting plenty of hits, but they are all singles.

The CPU offense seems to be a little better, but nothing drastic. They just aren't missing my mistakes as much, which I like.

# 89 citybythebay85 @ 06/20/16 12:39 AM
Quote:

I have. CPU has started hitting random HRs with no name guys on 2 strike corner pitches.

# 90 MDgolf @ 06/20/16 08:30 AM
Same here. I'm not complaining though...I felt the cpu needed a boost

# 91 adam914 @ 06/20/16 12:42 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by citybythebay85
I have. CPU has started hitting random HRs with no name guys on 2 strike corner pitches.
Yeah noticing thing now as well. It also seems to be back to the times from previous years where the CPU automatically comes back the inning right after I score. If I take a 2-0 lead, guaranteed the next inning they will score 2-3 runs the following inning. Then once they score those runs, I can throw fastballs right down the middle and get 3 straight outs no problem no matter who is hitting. I was excited that wasn't happening anymore this year, but it seems to be back since the update.

# 92 dolfan0712 @ 06/21/16 07:17 AM
I immediately noticed an increase in CPU offense post 1.06 patch. My franchise is Rangers/Marlins. I was having a good year with both. Winning more than losing with mostly tight low-scoring games. My first 3 games post patch, I lost 15-7, 13-5 and 10-6. CPU had 15+ hits each game with several homers. Rangers also beat Blue Jays 8-1 with catcher Bobby Wilson hitting 2 grand slams. I'm happy with the increase CPU offense, but feel it might be time to adjust sliders. Thoughts?

# 93 MDgolf @ 06/21/16 08:14 AM
Same thing as you but I have decided to leave it. Just had an 8-4 game. Way too many low scoring games beforehand

# 94 pagkerguy8 @ 06/21/16 09:10 AM
patch has been released for PS3(163 MB)

# 95 WhiteBunny @ 06/22/16 08:20 AM
After a few games, i put the pitching difficult back from HOF to All-Star. Sure, only 3-4 games is a short sample size, but i've noticed a more aggressive CPU with very hard contact on the ball. Maybe it's just placebo, i don't know.
Anyone on hitting variety with directional hitting ? Still too many flyballs ?

# 96 KBLover @ 06/22/16 07:12 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by WhiteBunny
After a few games, i put the pitching difficult back from HOF to All-Star. Sure, only 3-4 games is a short sample size, but i've noticed a more aggressive CPU with very hard contact on the ball. Maybe it's just placebo, i don't know.
Anyone on hitting variety with directional hitting ? Still too many flyballs ?

Too many flies are the case for me still. Around 45-50% in most games (some get insane), if I use no influencing, which, I would have presumed, would be pretty much purely random.

If I influence down most of the time, I can get it to around 40%, which is at least reasonably close - though it varies.

For the CPU, I've not noticed a lot of difference in a handful of games. The approach looks the same as usual and the contact about the same as well. It might relate to how guys pitch (or what pitchers...i.e. does the CPU tee off on the average guys, guys who miss locations a lot, etc?)

# 97 WhiteBunny @ 06/23/16 01:43 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by KBLover
Too many flies are the case for me still. Around 45-50% in most games (some get insane), if I use no influencing, which, I would have presumed, would be pretty much purely random.

If I influence down most of the time, I can get it to around 40%, which is at least reasonably close - though it varies.

For the CPU, I've not noticed a lot of difference in a handful of games. The approach looks the same as usual and the contact about the same as well. It might relate to how guys pitch (or what pitchers...i.e. does the CPU tee off on the average guys, guys who miss locations a lot, etc?)
I need more games. But in my last series against Padres ( with Cubs ), they got 10 hits per game ( vs Hendricks, Lackey and Hammel ), which i don't concede quite often. I don't know, this game is really about your attitude, your mental approach, your focus, so maybe it's only placebo.
It doesn't help the frustration for all these high balls and popups or CPU hitting-boost when you score a run. I'm quite nervous.

# 98 Chairman7w @ 06/24/16 05:57 PM
I haven't played in several weeks, but when I played last night, the catcher no longer "suggests" a pitch and location. But I CAN hit R2 to get that info.

Is that new with this patch, or was that previously patched several weeks ago?

# 99 bcruise @ 06/24/16 06:06 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chairman7w
I haven't played in several weeks, but when I played last night, the catcher no longer "suggests" a pitch and location. But I CAN hit R2 to get that info.

Is that new with this patch, or was that previously patched several weeks ago?
That's not a patch thing, nor is it new.

First question - which mode are you playing? If it's RTTS pitcher and you recently promoted to AAA or MLB, you may have passed the "true" veteran difficulty level and gone up to all-star, which is the first level that catcher suggestions don't appear on by Default.

Second question - which difficulty are you playing? Regardless of mode, as I mentioned if you're on All-Star or above, catcher suggestions are not shown by default. To enable them on all difficulty levels go to User settings > Pitching > Press R2 to go to Advanced > Set API to "On" instead of Default.

You can do this change while in-game (to instantly confirm that's the reason you weren't getting suggestions), but I'd recommend changing the setting in your user profile and making sure you load the correct one before starting a game.

Suggestions absolutely still work fine with this option enabled, in all modes and difficulties. No patch changed this.

Also, I don't know how many people feel this way, but I think the reason for the game "turning them off" once you hit all star is because that's the point at which you should stop relying totally on them - otherwise you're going to get hit, hard. Basically, it boils down to "you'll be throwing too many strikes". Even with API off I can read the catcher's signals and positioning to have some idea of where the location call is, but I know I can't just try to throw as many strikes as the API would generally call for.

# 100 Blake the Seeker @ 06/27/16 09:04 PM
Anyone else that in RTTS and franchise that pitch counts do not add up correctly?

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.