Home
Madden NFL 17 News Post

Madden NFL 17 ratings have begun. Today, EA Sports has revealed the top 10 rookies in the game. More detailed ratings can be seen in the official blog.

Check them out and post your thoughts!
  • Jalen Ramsey (Overall 82)
  • Ezekiel Elliott (Overall 80)
  • Ronnie Stanley (Overall 79)
  • Roberto Aguayo (Overall 79)
  • Joey Bosa (Overall 79)
  • Laremy Tunsil (Overall 78)
  • Jack Conklin (Overall 79)
  • Corey Coleman (Overall 78)
  • Hunter Henry (Overall 78)
  • DeForest Buckner (Overall 78)
UPDATE: ESPN has posted quite a few more Madden NFL 17 rookie ratings. Thanks for the tip @Jiggy_Jrod!!
  • Jared Goff (Overall 77)
  • Carson Wentz (Overall 77)
  • Josh Doctson (Overall 77)
  • Myles Jack (Overall 76)
  • Leonard Floyd (Overall 76)
  • Jaylon Smith (Overall 76)
  • Laquon Treadwell (Overall 75)
  • Will Fuller (Overall 74)
  • C.J. Promise (Overall 74)
  • Braxton Miller (Overall 71)

Madden NFL 17 screenshot gallery - Click to view Madden NFL 17 screenshot gallery - Click to view Madden NFL 17 screenshot gallery - Click to view Madden NFL 17 screenshot gallery - Click to view Madden NFL 17 screenshot gallery - Click to view Madden NFL 17 screenshot gallery - Click to view Madden NFL 17 screenshot gallery - Click to view Madden NFL 17 screenshot gallery - Click to view Madden NFL 17 screenshot gallery - Click to view
Game: Madden NFL 17Reader Score: 8/10 - Vote Now
Platform: PS3 / PS4 / Xbox 360 / Xbox OneVotes for game: 17 - View All
Member Comments
# 1 Mauer4MVP @ 07/20/16 03:26 PM
Treadwell should be in the top 10. Dude is going to be so good. Not a Coleman fan, though.

# 2 SolidSquid @ 07/20/16 03:41 PM
As it Bucs and Gators fan it hurts that Aguyao is rated higher than Hargreaves. It also makes me wonder what Hargreaves rating is, he's not top 10 so he's lower than a 77.

# 3 Yazan Gable @ 07/20/16 03:55 PM
Since hurting his ankle he's likely to be more of an Anquan Boldin type than a Michael Irvin type. Also I like how Ronnie Staley is higher rated than Laremy Tunsil just because Tunsil dropped in the draft despite being the presumptive Top 5 pick before the bong video. That's good analysis of talent right there.

# 4 Rams_3 @ 07/20/16 03:59 PM
Ouch....i don't even want to know what Goff rating is.

# 5 KANE699 @ 07/20/16 04:07 PM
Remember this guys, ovr's have been redone for all positions.

# 6 khaliib @ 07/20/16 04:15 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by KANE699
Do they still follow the same weights from the chart released last year?

If not, can/will another chart be released that gives the weight breakdowns, esp with having the ability to edit inside Franchise now.

To go back to total unknowns dealing with the OVR's would be the wrong direction.

# 7 BreakingBad2013 @ 07/20/16 04:16 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by KANE699
Do they have a blog about this yet?

# 8 KANE699 @ 07/20/16 04:20 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by khaliib
Do they still follow the same weights from the chart released last year?

If not, can/will another chart be released that gives the weight breakdowns, esp with having the ability to edit inside Franchise now.

To go back to total unknowns dealing with the OVR's would be the wrong direction.
No it's all brand new this year. We may release weights per position soon.

# 9 redsox4evur @ 07/20/16 04:24 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Yazan Gable
Also I like how Ronnie Staley is higher rated than Laremy Tunsil just because Tunsil dropped in the draft despite being the presumptive Top 5 pick before the bong video. That's good analysis of talent right there.
Except Ronnie Stanley was according to some scouts a better player than Tunsil.

# 10 jfsolo @ 07/20/16 04:26 PM
Yeah, getting these new ratings without having the new framework that allows us to put them into context, is the frustrating part.

# 11 khaliib @ 07/20/16 04:27 PM
If "90" is established as "Elite" level, a guy never playing one down at the NFL level is 5/6 pts away from the same level as Revis, Sherman, Peterson etc... (guys w/90's MCV and ZCV)

Rook's will definetely be lowered here!!!

# 12 Yazan Gable @ 07/20/16 04:27 PM
He's still an 82 OVR and we don't know how easy or difficult it is to get those 5 points, so already itching to the gimp the guy seems a little rash.
Quote:
Originally Posted by redsox4evur
Except Ronnie Stanley was according to some scouts a better player than Tunsil.
Better since pass blocking is more important than run blocking for a left tackle. He is not as good a pass blocker but he's a better run blocker and a better physical specimen. They're both definitely better than Jack Conklin who gets to be the same OVR as Tunsil because of his position drafted.

# 13 BreakingBad2013 @ 07/20/16 04:28 PM
Quote:
Since hurting his ankle he's likely to be more of an Anquan Boldin type than a Michael Irvin type. Also I like how Ronnie Staley is higher rated than Laremy Tunsil just because Tunsil dropped in the draft despite being the presumptive Top 5 pick before the bong video. That's good analysis of talent right there.
If this were the case that TE and K wouldn't be on the top 10 list. Also Stanley was projected as a much better run blocker and sufficient pass blocker where Tunsil had some flaws in his run game.

As for Conklin he was compared to Jon Runyan, and know to be able to play any OL position at a high level

# 14 KANE699 @ 07/20/16 04:32 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by khaliib
If "90" is established as "Elite" level, a guy never playing one down at the NFL level is 5/6 pts away from the same level as Revis, Sherman, Peterson etc... (guys w/90's MCV and ZCV)

Rook's will definetely be lowered here!!!
Ramsey is a bit of an anomaly, he has been highly regarded by everyone.

# 15 Yazan Gable @ 07/20/16 04:40 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by BreakingBad2013
If this were the case that TE and K wouldn't be on the top 10 list. Also Stanley was projected as a much better run blocker and sufficient pass blocker where Tunsil had some flaws in his run game.
Stanley was projected to be a much better pass blocker and sufficent run blocker while Tunsil did not show a lot in the pass and run because of the scheme he played in but showed exceptional athleticism and good skills in both pass and run blocking (not as good a pass blocker as Stanley, but a better run blocker.)

# 16 charter04 @ 07/20/16 04:40 PM
This is just one guy's (with the help of some film and websites and other info) opinion. We aren't all going to agree with him. I'm fine with it.

I personally don't think any rookie should be rated over 80. I also think there will still be too many 90 overalls for me.

Just my opinion though.

I wouldn't want to be doing this job. Lol. I like being liked too much.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

# 17 KANE699 @ 07/20/16 04:43 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by charter04
This is just one guy's (with the help of some film and websites and other info) opinion. We aren't all going to agree with him. I'm fine with it.

I personally don't think any rookie should be rated over 80. I also think there will still be too many 90 overalls for me.

Just my opinion though.

I wouldn't want to be doing this job. Lol. I like being liked too much.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
This year we have the fewest 90+ ovr players we've had in a LONG LONG time.

# 18 khaliib @ 07/20/16 04:43 PM
Quote:
He's still an 82 OVR and we don't know how easy or difficult it is to get those 5 points, so already itching to the gimp the guy seems a little rash.
Better since pass blocking is more important than run blocking for a left tackle. He is not as good a pass blocker but he's a better run blocker and a better physical specimen. They're both definitely better than Jack Conklin who gets to be the same OVR as Tunsil because of his position drafted.
Not rash, just making "Elite" level mean something in regards to Franchise, as well as in the context of gameplay.

A big complaint had been "player differentiation" and with guys being rated so close to Elite level at any position and just coming into the league, does make one wonder how much differentiation there will be.

Thank God for being able to edit players, so at least it's fixable to the levels one would like.

# 19 BreakingBad2013 @ 07/20/16 04:43 PM
Quote:
Stanley was projected to be a much better pass blocker and sufficent run blocker while Tunsil did not show a lot in the pass and run because of the scheme he played in but showed exceptional athleticism and good skills in both pass and run blocking (not as good a pass blocker as Stanley, but a better run blocker.)
Tunsil is a LG in the game, with his top of strictly OT, I'm not sure if he'll be that good at guard. You can show great athelticsm, but doesn't always translate to technique.

He's a LG, and his strengths don't really scream OG to me or anyone I've heard speak of him.

# 20 msdm27 @ 07/20/16 04:43 PM
If Right Tackles are being weighted more based on RBK and left tackles based more on PBK then that's disappointing. At this point, there are as many, if not more, elite pass rushers from the right side of the Oline so pass blocking is more important than ever for a RT.

« Previous12345Next »

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.