Home
Madden NFL 17 News Post

The Madden NFL 17 team have just announced their Franchise Mode website will not be available at launch. They shifted their focus towards a Native Mobile Companion App early in the development process. We will post updates as we hear more.

Quote:
Early on during our development cycle, the team decided that we would shift our focus from maintaining and supporting the Franchise Mode website in favor of developing a Native Mobile Companion App. At launch of Madden NFL 17, there will not be a Franchise Mode website for you to go to and interact with your league. As for a potential Companion App – we are still exploring the possibilities and will be quick to update you as and when information becomes available.

Source - EA Sports

Game: Madden NFL 17Reader Score: 8/10 - Vote Now
Platform: PS3 / PS4 / Xbox 360 / Xbox OneVotes for game: 17 - View All
Member Comments
# 1 solmon @ 08/23/16 05:49 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve_OS

The Madden NFL 17 team have just announced their Franchise Mode website will not be available at launch. They shifted their focus towards a Native Mobile Companion App early in the development process. We will post updates as we hear more.

Source - EA Sports
Zero explanation as to why no website...weak.

# 2 seasprite @ 08/23/16 05:49 PM
Looking forward to a good mobile companion app

# 3 T4VERTS @ 08/23/16 06:01 PM
I said this in another thread. Companion app appears to be where they are heading, should have some cool features from what I have heard. I think the issue with the site was very few used it and the ones who wanted a site used an aggregator like Daddy Leagues anyways. I think this is good news for CFM going forward based on what I am hearing about a possible feature set for the app.

# 4 H4LFB34RP1G @ 08/23/16 06:02 PM
I hope they let the people who did the NCAA site do it.

Also, this kinda proves that Daddy Leagues has an inside man, since they had this posted a week ago in admin section.

# 5 R1zzo23 @ 08/23/16 06:03 PM
If the app is worth using then I may run my solo CFM online.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

# 6 Datninja619 @ 08/23/16 06:07 PM
At least change the layout of the website. It was extremely clunky. And they use to have a companion app. I remember being able to advance from my phone and get notifications when the league advanced. Then it disappeared.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G935A using Tapatalk

# 7 Sheba2011 @ 08/23/16 06:15 PM
I could never get the website to function 100% of the time, there was always some issue with it to the point I would eventually just give up on it. A companion app would be awesome if it is done right.

# 8 BadAssHskr @ 08/23/16 06:44 PM
I dont mind EA not having a website, so long as they keep the functionality for 3rd parties such as daddy leagues.

Sounds like DL is losing some of its functionality, not being able to do trades and cuts, unless that wasnt available and im not remembering properly.

Its been part of my dynasty/franchise for so many years going back to ncaa, that i can game at night then access my franchise during the day to observe stats, games, progress players etc.

That much needs to stay in place or its a major disappointment.

Ideally they'll be adding functionality. We shal see, and i hope this is something to be rolling out quickly....

# 9 CM Hooe @ 08/23/16 06:58 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by solmon
Zero explanation as to why no website...weak.
From their press release:

Quote:
Early on during our development cycle, the team decided that we would shift our focus from maintaining and supporting the Franchise Mode website in favor of developing a Native Mobile Companion App.
That is the explanation. Development priorities changed. You don't have to like it, but to say no explanation was offered is false.

# 10 mcpats @ 08/24/16 07:03 AM
Having a fully functional app would be big. I have limited time to play at night, but I can easily find a couple of 10 minute gaps at work during the day to progress players, tinker with lineups, scout, etc. This way I could take advantage of all the depth of franchise and concentrate on on-field gameplay when I get home. If they can pull that off I'd have no problem paying a few bucks for an app like that

# 11 timhere1970 @ 08/24/16 07:07 AM
Having never used the app, can somebody explain the difference between what it was and what companion app is?

# 12 scoobyskyline3 @ 08/24/16 08:11 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by BadAssHskr
I dont mind EA not having a website, so long as they keep the functionality for 3rd parties such as daddy leagues.

Sounds like DL is losing some of its functionality, not being able to do trades and cuts, unless that wasnt available and im not remembering properly.

Its been part of my dynasty/franchise for so many years going back to ncaa, that i can game at night then access my franchise during the day to observe stats, games, progress players etc.

That much needs to stay in place or its a major disappointment.

Ideally they'll be adding functionality. We shal see, and i hope this is something to be rolling out quickly....
DL you used to be able to do trades and cuts, in my opinion they shouldve had the companion app or website ready by release. I would like the app but honestly, how long will it take for them to get it out? They havent set an ETA for us.

# 13 T4VERTS @ 08/24/16 08:15 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by scoobyskyline3
DL you used to be able to do trades and cuts, in my opinion they shouldve had the companion app or website ready by release. I would like the app but honestly, how long will it take for them to get it out? They havent set an ETA for us.
I believe we will get an announcement on features and such in early to mid September.

# 14 howboutdat @ 08/24/16 08:36 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by T4VERTS
I believe we will get an announcement on features and such in early to mid September.
Hope its early Sept. Leagues ready to start as soon as that roster update hits after preseason is over.

Looking forward to it and still using DaddyLeagues . Even if i cant advance from DL or do trades, if i can do those things from App, then the main thing is still possible, being able to take care of things like that from web/app.

DaddyLeagues to me, even without advance button and ability to trade, is still a great thing to have. All stats in one easy to search place, chats , forums for league stuff, live streams, customizable webpage,being able to compare any players side by side , search tool with great filters,and having 1 place to post all league videos and stories for the seasons to me still makes it more than worth it.For 22$ ( if thats the same price for returning leagues) for 11 months of service is still a tiny amount to pay for all that.

Looking forward to seeing this app and hoping it adds some much needed commish tools as well. Also looking forward to getting our league started!Enjoying the gameplay so far!

# 15 GlennN @ 08/24/16 09:49 AM
This would be HUGE for me. Being able to tinker with my franchise while away from my PC, like drafting trading, etc, would be the best thing since . . . well, a really good thing. One question, if folks know - I only play offline franchise - would an app (or a website) work for that or does one need an online franchise?

# 16 bloobloouk @ 08/24/16 09:55 AM
I'm hoping that this app will offer some way of extracting team information in CSV or similar. I'm a spreadsheet geek and love expanding on the GM side of the game in this way.

I wish they would consider publishing details of a full public API for those who would like to make use of it. You could access it previously (that's how DaddyLeagues did it) but you needed to know where to look, and working out how to handle rate limits was an excercise of trial and error. Now, I'm really glad I didn't spend the last couple of months building my own companion app using the old access points!

# 17 timhere1970 @ 08/24/16 09:57 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by GlennN
This would be HUGE for me. Being able to tinker with my franchise while away from my PC, like drafting trading, etc, would be the best thing since . . . well, a really good thing. One question, if folks know - I only play offline franchise - would an app (or a website) work for that or does one need an online franchise?
I imagine it would only work for online leagues because the info is on the servers.

# 18 BadAssHskr @ 08/24/16 10:30 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by T4VERTS

Hoooo boooy, is that going to be the ETA on getting DL up and running as well?

Quote:
Originally Posted by howboutdat
Hope its early Sept. Leagues ready to start as soon as that roster update hits after preseason is over.

Looking forward to it and still using DaddyLeagues . Even if i cant advance from DL or do trades, if i can do those things from App, then the main thing is still possible, being able to take care of things like that from web/app.

DaddyLeagues to me, even without advance button and ability to trade, is still a great thing to have. All stats in one easy to search place, chats , forums for league stuff, live streams, customizable webpage,being able to compare any players side by side , search tool with great filters,and having 1 place to post all league videos and stories for the seasons to me still makes it more than worth it.For 22$ ( if thats the same price for returning leagues) for 11 months of service is still a tiny amount to pay for all that.

Looking forward to seeing this app and hoping it adds some much needed commish tools as well. Also looking forward to getting our league started!Enjoying the gameplay so far!

I know it says "We will not be able to sign/release and trade players from the site" hopefully we'll be able to spend XP, that's a biggie for me.

I started my CFM last night, it's killing me not being able to access it via the web here at my work.

# 19 mmorg @ 08/24/16 10:50 AM
This seems a little short sighted by the Madden Dev team. Seems like they should at least support Daddyleagues and their functionality unless they have something better up their sleeves. I know Daddyleagues is pretty important in the success of many online CFMs.

# 20 BadAssHskr @ 08/24/16 10:55 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by mmorg
This seems a little short sighted by the Madden Dev team. Seems like they should at least support Daddyleagues and their functionality unless they have something better up their sleeves. I know Daddyleagues is pretty important in the success of many online CFMs.
Totally agree, i don't care if they don't want to support their website, but at least let me log in select my franchise and grab a franchise ID. If they need to do maintenance at DL when it gets close, a few days down time then is better than being completely shut out now.

« Previous123Next »

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.