Home
NBA 2K17 News Post

Quote:
The 2K development team traveled to all 30 NBA arenas to record and analyze the different sounds exclusive to each arena. Logging thousands of miles to bring you the most authentic experience in a sports game ever, watch how each arena in NBA 2K17 will have it's own flavor and be more realistic than ever before.

Check out the trailer and post your thoughts.

Game: NBA 2K17Reader Score: 7/10 - Vote Now
Platform: PC / PS3 / PS4 / Xbox 360 / Xbox OneVotes for game: 14 - View All
Member Comments
# 281 cam21224 @ 09/06/16 09:24 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by aholbert32
Every arena isnt off. Just a few. A few of the more important ones though. If they got the lighting in Utah wrong, no one here would be saying a damn thing.
I was going to let you finish aholbert but nah Jazzman wouldn't be having it not one bit 😂

# 282 The 24th Letter @ 09/06/16 09:26 PM
I miss last gen until I actually go back and play it, lol

Always puts things in perspective about how far weve actually come...

# 283 ksuttonjr76 @ 09/06/16 09:27 PM
The thing that irks me about this level of nit picking is...how many people are going to be paying THAT much attention to it while they're playing the game? Until I started actually focusing on the sounds (I played 15 random games), I never noticed how boring and repetitive the sounds were. The sounds weren't terrible nor great; However, when I was playing it, I didn't care. It was all about the OVERALL experience for me. Until someone pointed it out, I NEVER noticed that the side stripes on the Pacers uniforms stop short of the armpit. For same people, it's the end of the world, while it's not that deep to me and I consider myself a die hard Pacers fan.

When I read this level of CONSTANT complaining, it always remind me of the movie "Boomerang" where Eddie Murphy's character would stop dating beautiful women if they had corns on their feet. Like...really dude?

Ultimately, it's a video game. I don't expect perfection from a video game, because I deal with imperfections every day. It's not that deep, unless it's something that's genuinely game breaking.

For the people that have a genuine "problem" with the art team, go start a petition or something. I'm getting sick and tired of constantly reading the same crap regarding body types, arenas, lighting, sounds, etc over and over. The people who enjoy the game gets it and understand, but stop detailing every thread with your opinion! Have some people tell the story, 2K Sports is about to put out the worse game ever.

# 284 Shakedowncapo @ 09/06/16 09:28 PM
I'm sure 2K will handle all these issues in the PS4K patch later this year.

# 285 DatSamuraiRose @ 09/06/16 09:37 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by BluFu
But after playing months upon months of 2K16, I know that Kemba shot isn't an outlier... the crowd is consistently on their asses giving polite claps. Korver's shot was also pretty similar to what we saw in 16 also. Then there's that DeMar dunk. Compare it to this

And you should be able to see the difference. There's just no "explosion" or "eruption" from the crowd. Thing is these eruptive animations/sounds are already in the game.. just that it's only reserved for game winning shots.
I love your choice of clip

# 286 hawley088 @ 09/06/16 09:37 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shakedowncapo
I'm sure 2K will handle all these issues in the PS4K patch later this year.
Am I the only one that really only cares about a realistic sounding net? One of the best sounds in sports and now finally we got it

# 287 cmebfresh @ 09/06/16 09:40 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by The 24th Letter
I miss last gen until I actually go back and play it, lol

Always puts things in perspective about how far weve actually come...
i knew somebody had a comeback i just knew it

and i still do play my last gen dude

# 288 Smirkin Dirk @ 09/06/16 09:43 PM
Nostalgia is a wonderful thing.

# 289 cmebfresh @ 09/06/16 09:45 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Smirkin Dirk
Nostalgia is a wonderful thing.
Yep sometimes.. i still got my dreamcast 2k and play that. video games is video games, (well to me)

# 290 The 24th Letter @ 09/06/16 09:54 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by cmebfresh
i knew somebody had a comeback i just knew it

and i still do play my last gen dude
Lol, I wasnt really trying to make a comeback....

I always fire up older 2k's during the 2k 'offseason'...brings back fond and not so fond memories

# 291 BluFu @ 09/06/16 09:54 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by DatSamuraiRose
I love your choice of clip
I was there. Nearly went deaf on that play lol

# 292 NINJAK2 @ 09/06/16 10:00 PM
Some of the responses in this thread provide a reason for why some 2k devs might use the phrase "why bother?" in regards to all the work 2k did in this area..lol

# 293 sva91 @ 09/06/16 10:05 PM
call me cynical, but it seems like an incredible waste of time and money to fly out to these different arenas, when they can just watch a couple of HD games. I don't understand how they have time and money for that, but player models look anorexic and a lot of uniforms looks waay off. Good on them for trying, but seems a bit excessive.

# 294 23 @ 09/06/16 10:08 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by sva91
call me cynical, but it seems like an incredible waste of time and money to fly out to these different arenas, when they can just watch a couple of HD games. I don't understand how they have time and money for that, but player models look anorexic and a lot of uniforms looks waay off. Good on them for trying, but seems a bit excessive.
I disagree...they needed to go to those arenas and capture all of the atmosphere.

The crowd, a real one, the sounds of the game, buzzers, Arena chants, defensive chants, chant music...they need ALL of that.

Art and sound are not the same thing.

I'll keep my opinion until I can hear for myself but this thread is trash, except for a few guys here trying to keep the conversation civil, it went by the wayside within 2 pages.

# 295 Barncore @ 09/06/16 10:09 PM
Man, NBA Live 15's crowd sounds were waaay better. They actually sound like the authentic crowds you hear through an actual broadcast: https://www.youtube.com/watch?time_c...&v=O-rTQgzHNqU

2k17's crowd sounds sound like 2k16 but with EQ on it to sound different.

As an audio engineer, i was REALLY excited to hear that they'd gone to every stadium and recorded their crowds, but it doesn't like they have actually done that, judging from the trailer.

I'll reserve judgement until i experience the game for myself, but for now i'm skeptical.

# 296 Smirkin Dirk @ 09/06/16 10:15 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by KGDunks
Yeah, not like they don't get paid for doing this..............

If they can't handle criticism, they're in the wrong industry.
They can handle it. They welcome genuine and constructively expressed criticism.

# 297 cmebfresh @ 09/06/16 10:18 PM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?time_c...&v=fIYKiAIOOyI

In dallas that Net swish is loud as hell

# 298 edubbs @ 09/06/16 10:18 PM
Here's hoping that the arena specific lighting can be tweaked in a future patch. 2k referenced it as being in multiple times, during hands on and presentation demos.

Here is the quote from the ign presentation:

"Blumberg told us that the development team worked on revamping the lighting to make it custom for each basketball arena, so diehard fans will notice how the bright lights of the Cleveland Cavalier’s Quicken Loans Arena differ compared the focused lighting of the Staples Center, home of the Los Angeles Lakers. It’s just another example of NBA 2K’s dedication to capturing the look and feel of a live TV broadcast."

Doesn't seem like the advertised 'focused lighting' changes made it to the retail version, for whatever reason. MSG, Staples, Brooklyn, etc...should have more of the unique dark setting for sure.

# 299 ksuttonjr76 @ 09/06/16 10:18 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by NINJAK2
Some of the responses in this thread provide a reason for why some 2k devs might use the phrase "why bother?" in regards to all the work 2k did in this area..lol
Next year's marketing approach...

"Don't show anything until the game drops.".

# 300 extremeskins04 @ 09/06/16 10:19 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by KGDunks
Yeah, not like they don't get paid for doing this..............

If they can't handle criticism, they're in the wrong industry.
It's very naive to think that this thread has constructive criticism in it. It's been very 2k-bashing to be quite honest.

And LD2k also came in here with an open mind and said they'd look into it and people STILL want to throw them to the wolves.

It's really unbelievable.

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.