Home
NBA 2K17 News Post

Quote:
The 2K development team traveled to all 30 NBA arenas to record and analyze the different sounds exclusive to each arena. Logging thousands of miles to bring you the most authentic experience in a sports game ever, watch how each arena in NBA 2K17 will have it's own flavor and be more realistic than ever before.

Check out the trailer and post your thoughts.

Game: NBA 2K17Reader Score: 7/10 - Vote Now
Platform: PC / PS3 / PS4 / Xbox 360 / Xbox OneVotes for game: 14 - View All
Member Comments
# 341 lakers24 @ 09/07/16 03:01 AM
May just be me, but nothing screamed authentic about this trailer honestly. They already had specific arena horns, the rims may sound slightly different, and the ball will barely be heard while playing honestly(the net on that Lillard shot did sound better though). The arena chants they showed didn't seem new or even authentic either as I could've sworn the "if you're happy and you know it clap your hands" was in last year, case in point:

Those clips that 23 showed are what I expected from this trailer. Those clips sound EXACTLY how it would sound if I were watching the game on TV. That is what I expected from this trailer, especially after hearing they flew to each arena and had 200 hours of sound. Now I'm left thinking wth did they record because for the most part the crowd still sounds the same. That loud continuous whistling, barely any real life organs/sound effects as what I heard sounded like the 2k replications that have been in for years. No Miami Seven Nation Army chant, no Waaaaaaarrioooors chant, no Go Spurs Go chant, etc.

# 342 ksuttonjr76 @ 09/07/16 03:08 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by lakers24
May just be me, but nothing screamed authentic about this trailer honestly. They already had specific arena horns, the rims may sound slightly different, and the ball will barely be heard while playing honestly(the net on that Lillard shot did sound better though). The arena chants they showed didn't seem new or even authentic either as I could've sworn the "if you're happy and you know it clap your hands" was in last year, case in point:

Those clips that 23 showed are what I expected from this trailer. Those clips sound EXACTLY how it would sound if I were watching the game on TV. That is what I expected from this trailer, especially after hearing they flew to each arena and had 200 hours of sound. Now I'm left thinking wth did they record because for the most part the crowd still sounds the same. That loud continuous whistling, barely any real life organs/sound effects as what I heard sounded like the 2k replications that have been in for years. No Miami Seven Nation Army chant, no Waaaaaaarrioooors chant, no Go Spurs Go chant, etc.
Ummmmmm.... someone just confirmed that the Go Spurs Go chant is in the game. As a Pacers fan, I already know they have the race car sounds in.

# 343 lilteapot @ 09/07/16 03:12 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Da InFaMoUs NY
played a 6 minute quarter with the Warriors and did not hear the "Let's Go Warriors chant"
disappointing.

# 344 Kstat @ 09/07/16 03:12 AM
I want the seven nation army chant left out of 2K17 on principle.

# 345 strawberryshortcake @ 09/07/16 03:26 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Da InFaMoUs NY
The Lakers organ is in the game, i'll let you know if the others are as well.
Are you on the PS4 or the XBOX? If you're on the PS4 would you mind doing me and those interested a major solid and check if the halftime and end of the game highlights are available when playing 12 minute quarters?

I've already sent a private message to LDK here but haven't and probably won't receive a response.
http://www.operationsports.com/forum...-quarters.html

(Side Note: What usually happens is that during the first game played on 12 minute quarters, halftime highlights work fine, but post game highlights would not. There is a workaround but it's just another hurdle*. But after playing the second and third game straight, halftime and post game highlights completely disappear. Ernie, Shaq and Kenny are still present during both sequences, but just no more in game player highlights.

I've got $65 for a digital PSN copy if the halftime/postgame highlights works on 12 minute quarter, consecutive games. Obviously if you have a chance. If not, no biggie. Appreciative if remotely possible.

*hurdle (i.e. save game at the start of 3rd quarter, exit out of game completely back to PS4 homescreen, turn on game and resume game from save point, this allows end of game highlights to show.)

# 346 tb24ster @ 09/07/16 03:41 AM
I HOPE THE CROWD IS IN THE THE GAME AND ACTIVE THROUGHOUT THE ENTIRE GAME!!! NOT BORING NON RESPONSES LIKE ALWAYS!!

PLEASE FIX THE CROWD!!!!!

# 347 Vni @ 09/07/16 03:45 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by tb24ster
I HOPE THE CROWD IS IN THE THE GAME AND ACTIVE THROUGHOUT THE ENTIRE GAME!!! NOT BORING NON RESPONSES LIKE ALWAYS!!

PLEASE FIX THE CROWD!!!!!
I woudn't the want the crowd cheering for every baskets all game either. Bad dunk sounds seem to still be in the game unfortunately.

# 348 ClevelandinDistress @ 09/07/16 04:35 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by KGDunks
It shouldn't be that hard to have some kind of system where the crowd just react to big things.

I honestly don't see how that would be that hard to do. You could easily get the CPU to surely understand when these events are occurring.
"It shouldn't be that hard"

Definitely easier for you to get a degree in coding and try it yourself Mr. Aint that hard.

# 349 Vni @ 09/07/16 04:36 AM
Yeah it's just scripts, very do able. It's just a matter of them making it a priority. Maybe for next year. Pretty happy that they've improved swish/rim sounds. Coudn't take another year of that junk we had before.

# 350 emaula @ 09/07/16 04:53 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by KGDunks
Seriously, watch this
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dFu3OWjNC_w

That game was made seven years ago, and was absolutely amazing for audio. The only thing 2K beats it in is having a PA announcer that tries to at least imitate the real life ones.

Every possession is filled with variety and realistic sounds, just like what you get watching a Celtics game. In 2K we're limited to one or two sounds, and a lot of the time they're generic. That trailer showed nothing at all to indicate that they worked heavily on this area.

Ball on floor and rim/net sounds are nice, but you're going to notice crowd noises, chants and organs a hell of a lot more.
I totally agree with you! Staples Center's sound was awesome

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MgRm3Mhlsgg

especially after a three pointer

# 351 emaula @ 09/07/16 05:04 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ClevelandinDistress
"It shouldn't be that hard"

Definitely easier for you to get a degree in coding and try it yourself Mr. Aint that hard.
Well actually the commentators are currently "able to recognize" significant moments like highlights dunks and crucial baskets in crunch time.. so I do not expect that much effort to align crowd reactions to it.

Also, the commentators and graphics updates you about players on fire or 10-0 runs that usually awake also silent crowds.

In conclusion - based ONLY to latest trailer - it seems 2K team has updated only ball bounces and rim sounds (finally) without any significant addition to elder versions ("Korver for threeeeee" is there from at least NBA 2k14); only packaged all this stuff as a new feature. Disappointing.

The game will always be great but NBA Live 10 arena sounds are still way better.

# 352 raidertiger @ 09/07/16 05:12 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by emaula
In conclusion - based ONLY to latest trailer - it seems 2K team has updated only ball bounces and rim sounds (finally) without any significant addition to elder versions ("Korver for threeeeee" is there from at least NBA 2k14); only packaged all this stuff as a new feature. Disappointing.
I'm shocked they had the audacity to put that in the trailer as if that was new. And it was bought hook, line and sinker by some.

# 353 Jordanmike6 @ 09/07/16 05:54 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by emaula
I totally agree with you! Staples Center's sound was awesome

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MgRm3Mhlsgg
a real paint which is rectangle what a hapiness!!

# 354 Goffs @ 09/07/16 05:59 AM
Da Infamous do they still have that trashcan sound when dunking?

We've been asking for that to change for years now and I don't recall anyone here complaining about ball sounds. But yet they showcase that like it's something I would notice lol

# 355 bigbing @ 09/07/16 06:08 AM
Found two gameplay from IGN ES on twitter:
es.ign.com/nba-2k17-ps4/107935/video/nba-2k17-gameplay-warriors-vs-rockets
es.ign.com/nba-2k17-ps4/107934/video/nba-2k17-gameplay-spurs-vs-bulls

I couldn't post links so please add the "http://" manually.

# 356 Vni @ 09/07/16 06:18 AM
Man we can't get gameplays with the audio. Nice find though.

# 357 MarkWilliam @ 09/07/16 06:20 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by WISports
It sucks they can't get either right.

But for the Bucks floor, if it was the shade of the paint around the court that was a shade off, it wouldn't be AS bad. But it's the WHOLE court that so off it isn't even funny. Totally kills the immersion for us Bucks fans, especially.

How does this happen? How?

Spoiler
Yo man, it might be time to consider investing in a PC. It might soften some of the issues for you (jerseys, courts mainly). My Bucks court looked NOICE after a patch last year.

If you can of course....

# 358 MarkWilliam @ 09/07/16 06:22 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by bigbing

BROADCAST CAM FOOTAGE!!?!?? THANK.....YOU!!!!!!! Haha.

Seriously, great find man!

# 359 Thetruth9012 @ 09/07/16 06:22 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by bigbing

Great find but as always no audio

Hope the cpu was on PRO because they were dumb.

# 360 MarkWilliam @ 09/07/16 06:32 AM
Saw some touch dunks there with I think Zaza and West where the stanchion wobbled like its rubber.

I am keen to voice this in the right way for 2K18 with some videos to help make my point. Soooo close to 100% satisfied with how dunks look/feel in 2K now. That's my only gripe (not including sounds haha).

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.