Home
NBA 2K17 News Post

Quote:
The 2K development team traveled to all 30 NBA arenas to record and analyze the different sounds exclusive to each arena. Logging thousands of miles to bring you the most authentic experience in a sports game ever, watch how each arena in NBA 2K17 will have it's own flavor and be more realistic than ever before.

Check out the trailer and post your thoughts.

Game: NBA 2K17Reader Score: 7/10 - Vote Now
Platform: PC / PS3 / PS4 / Xbox 360 / Xbox OneVotes for game: 14 - View All
Member Comments
# 301 The 24th Letter @ 09/06/16 10:19 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by VinsanityLives
Wait why are people negative about this? Like how is it a BAD thing?

Smh

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk
because it doesnt 'seem' like anything has changed...based off....

I'm not sure.

Thats the entire basis of the argument

# 302 Smirkin Dirk @ 09/06/16 10:22 PM
It wasn't 2 weeks ago they were being hammered for not releasing info.

# 303 ksuttonjr76 @ 09/06/16 10:24 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by extremeskins04
It's very naive to think that this thread has constructive criticism in it. It's been very 2k-bashing to be quite honest.

And LD2k also came in here with an open mind and said they'd look into it and people STILL want to throw them to the wolves.

It's really unbelievable.
Pretty much. I just spent a hour listening to the sounds of NBA 2K16, watching YouTube videos, and comparing it to the trailer. I could hear the difference in the sounds.

For the record, I have DJ/Composer type hearing, so I can hear the subtle sounds and changes.

# 304 NINJAK2 @ 09/06/16 10:25 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by KGDunks
Yeah, not like they don't get paid for doing this..............

If they can't handle criticism, they're in the wrong industry.
Believe me, I'm aware of this KG..my sig quote confirms that..lol

# 305 ksuttonjr76 @ 09/06/16 10:26 PM
Quote:
Because they made out like we were getting an NBA Live like audio experience, when it appears this won't be the case.
2K Sports never made that claim...that was your fault for making that assumption.

# 306 ClevelandinDistress @ 09/06/16 10:30 PM
Quote:
Because they made out like we were getting an NBA Live like audio experience, when it appears this won't be the case.
And you judge the entire sound design of the game off of a 2 minute trailer?

Dude #1
aw bro, that new Star Wars movie is trash. Disney messed it up and didn't do Star Wars it's justice

Dude #2
oh yea? It came out last week didn't it. Who did you go see it with?

Dude #1
Go with? Nah man, I watched 15 seconds of the trailer.

# 307 Barncore @ 09/06/16 10:40 PM
Quote:
Yeah, not like they don't get paid for doing this..............

If they can't handle criticism, they're in the wrong industry.
That's not very fair...

1. They're only human.
2. They probably don't see their family or friends much at all during their work cycles.
3. Depression is common among game developers on these annual schedules.
4. They dedicate their lives to making an awesome game. You have no doubt gotten a lot of the joy out of the game; more than your money's worth. Yes it's going to have its flaws, but for the most part it's ****ing awesome.
5. Money or not, people wouldn't bother working on a game if there wasn't a sense of achievement involved when the game you've made makes people happy. How would you feel if a project you've put your heart and soul into for several months was met with constant negativity from consumers? (even though that the reality is that the game is actually awesome overall, despite its flaws)

Some people really take 2k for granted. We should be grateful that the best sports sim in the world happens to be a basketball game. That's lucky, I ****ing love basketball!

# 308 ProfessaPackMan @ 09/06/16 10:42 PM
Like I said earlier, we won't know how much has improved until we get the game in our hands.

The trailer didn't really show us anything new since the 2 main issues we have can't tell us anything in 2 min trailer.

# 309 extremeskins04 @ 09/06/16 10:48 PM
KGDunks you're making assumptions when you haven't even played the game yet.

# 310 JJRuelz @ 09/06/16 10:53 PM
Quote:
Sure, but they know what they're getting into when they take this sort of job. People are going to criticise, particularly when things remain unchanged in a game that is released yearly.

As harsh as it can be, c̶r̶i̶t̶i̶c̶i̶s̶m̶ Bashing has to be there. It's been proven time and time again with 2K that they don't really change things until people make noise about it.
Fixed that for you.

# 311 extremeskins04 @ 09/06/16 10:56 PM
Quote:
I will continue doing so until proven wrong.

Like I said 2K has a habit of being misleading with this sort of thing.
Misleading about what? The trailer even showed the different court chants and other sounds.

Like I don't know what you think they're being misleading about. The problem is you're setting YOUR OWN expectations extremely high where it's a lose-lose for 2k right before the game even ships.

And that's...kinda ridiculous.

# 312 Barncore @ 09/06/16 10:57 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Da InFaMoUs NY
Real

PC Mod

2K17
That PC mod looks nothing like the real thing...

# 313 BA2929 @ 09/06/16 10:58 PM
Quote:
I will continue doing so until proven wrong.
I really hope you don't have a pre-order then. Because you're not going to get "proven wrong" until the game releases.

# 314 23 @ 09/06/16 10:58 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by extremeskins04
Misleading about what? The trailer even showed the different court chants and other sounds.

Like I don't know what you think they're being misleading about. The problem is you're setting YOUR OWN expectations extremely high where it's a lose-lose for 2k right before the game even ships.

And that's...kinda ridiculous.
They didn't show the real chants.

Ill try to post some video and explain

# 315 Barncore @ 09/06/16 11:03 PM
Quote:
As harsh as it can be, criticism has to be there. It's been proven time and time again with 2K that they don't really change things until people make noise about it.
Does it? There's a big difference between criticism and suggestion for improvement. One of them leads to downward spirals and the other one leads to upward spirals.

Do you think people really listen to criticism? Criticism makes people defensive. Nobody is going to listen to someone who is solely putting negativity on them. That's how you make 2k put up walls. If you want to influence someone to improve something, you have to facilitate a friendly connection and show them what to improve and why.
Social skills 101

# 316 Da InFaMoUs NY @ 09/06/16 11:23 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Barnsey
That PC mod looks nothing like the real thing...
I'll still take this over the regular one.

# 317 The Umman @ 09/06/16 11:23 PM
Quote:
They literally showed nothing except some lame as OKC chant which I could have sworn was in the game already, same with the Raptors one.

I was expecting the Clippers defence organ, a Celtics organ or two and the Cavs/Bulls defence organ. These have all been missing from the game for years when Live has always had it, and the fact they went and claimed to replicate the sounds of every arena had me thinking that finally we'd get them. The fact that they weren't in the trailer while old audio sounds that have been improved were, makes me very sceptical.
Then we would be sitting through an hour long trailer with all court sounds lol.

I understand you, but they are telling you that they are striving for authenticity when it comes to the sounds. We will all be able to find out once the game drops how accurate this statement is. I'm sure we are getting a blog/insert into the presentation blog about this also.

# 318 ksuttonjr76 @ 09/06/16 11:27 PM
Quote:
They literally showed nothing except some lame as OKC chant which I could have sworn was in the game already, same with the Raptors one.

I was expecting the Clippers defence organ, a Celtics organ or two and the Cavs/Bulls defence organ. These have all been missing from the game for years when Live has always had it, and the fact they went and claimed to replicate the sounds of every arena had me thinking that finally we'd get them. The fact that they weren't in the trailer while old audio sounds that have been improved were, makes me very sceptical.
It was a f*cking two minute TRAILER with some selected arenas to highlight/introduce new changes to the audio. It was NOT a developer's video blog.

# 319 The 24th Letter @ 09/06/16 11:35 PM
Since the argument is literally based on nothing, lets just get back to discussing the trailer man....enough of these threads have been hijacked....

# 320 BornIndy @ 09/06/16 11:45 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ksuttonjr76
Real talk. I prefer the lightning of NBA 2K17, because otherwise it looks like so dark. I don't want to play a game where I can vividly only see the first five rows of the crowd.
I agree. Adds life to it. Screw the Knicks and Lakers haha. PACERS

Sent from my Nexus 5X

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.