Home
Madden NFL 17 News Post

Another Madden NFL 17 tuning update is available now for Xbox One and PlayStation 4 users. Below is the list of improvements and updates to gameplay.
  • Increased interception chances for user-controlled defenders in Multi-player catches
  • Reduced kick meter accuracy penalty under rain conditions.
  • Reduced kick meter power penalty under snow conditions.
  • Increased wait-time for Pass Rushers to play shed moves when pass rushing (Reduced “Insta-Sheds”)
  • A variety of tuning changes to help defense be more effective vs. running plays
  • Reduced frequency of organic knock-outs after catches
  • Reduced chances of broken tackles for ball carriers
  • Slightly reduced throw-out-of-sack fumble chances
  • Reduced chance for pass-blocking RB's to Cut-Block
  • Reduce chance for success when pass-blocking RB's Cut-Block
Let us know what you're seeing!

Game: Madden NFL 17Reader Score: 8/10 - Vote Now
Platform: PS3 / PS4 / Xbox 360 / Xbox OneVotes for game: 17 - View All
Member Comments
# 121 The Chef @ 09/23/16 07:51 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by booker21
Keep dreaming [emoji4]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Quote:
Originally Posted by booker21
Last 2017. No. But I did with 2015 and 2016. And it was always the same story. I loved the launch gameplay but it kept getting worst with patches and tuner. Hopefully 2017 prove me wrong.

Mill already posted saying that this thread isnt for complaining about "tuner notes" and you obviously haven't played since the tuner by your own admission so comments like the first one above are completely unnecessary and the second one adds nothing as well. Just try the game and if you dont like the changes, AFTER a few games, then feel free to provide feedback but hypothesizing about the tuner before even trying it does no good for anyone involved.

# 122 jsteele14 @ 09/23/16 07:58 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Godgers12
Pass rush was non-existant before, now they made it even more non-existant, Makes sense.
Non-existant? With Ryan Kerrigan i get through hitting X almost instantly everytime. It was too easy i thought. I was not getting lots of sacks but the QB was chucking the ball out of bounds or in the ground a lot.

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

# 123 xzayla @ 09/23/16 08:08 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by jsteele14
Non-existant? With Ryan Kerrigan i get through hitting X almost instantly everytime. It was too easy i thought. I was not getting lots of sacks but the QB was chucking the ball out of bounds or in the ground a lot.

Yeah it's too easy when controlling a defensive line player yourself. I'm guessing they are talking about the cpu controlled defensive line?

# 124 JayD @ 09/23/16 08:32 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fist Of Kings
I have several gripes with madden 17, but none of these patches addresses them at all. What was listed as 'fixes' aren't even issues for me.
Its a tuner not a patch. I just played a game and i think it plays great.

# 125 angels28 @ 09/23/16 09:17 PM
Playing as the Dolphins, I control Wake most of the time. End of year Mario Williams has about 11 sacks. Wake has 9. As a team, always in the middle of the pack. Over a complete season, 16 sacks in a great year: it's only 1 a game.

# 126 KayOtic723 @ 09/23/16 09:48 PM
I came here to read about gameplay with the new update and find a bunch a people that hasn't played the game with the new tuning update complaining...you guys mess threads like this up stay on topic help the community if you haven't played with the new update go cry somewhere else

# 127 azdawgpound @ 09/23/16 10:40 PM
Playing another cfm game and yet again another fumble by qb when throwing....its still the same percentage I was seeing before the tuner I was avging anywhere between 2-3 a game and nothing has changed.

# 128 DoubleZ_3 @ 09/23/16 11:10 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by redux1000
Im not seeing any fumbles at all outside of qb's. I've played 5 full games in CFM and haven't forced a single cpu fumble on a non qb player. With some good hit stick tackles in there, and also strip opportunities. Have tried lowering the cpu fumble slider, nothing. Like u said, really hurts the random, "anything can happen" feeling

Sent from my Nexus 5X using Tapatalk
played 2 as the bucs all madden charter sliders and forced 2 fumbles back to back against devonte freeman.

Sent from my SM-G920T using Tapatalk

# 129 Kid OS @ 09/23/16 11:43 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by rich8682
Honestly I liked fumbles the way they were on release day. CPU would strip and punch out the ball. I remember I lost a game cause Greg Olsen got the ball punched out from behind at the 5 with a couple minutes left.

Sent from my SM-G386W using Tapatalk
It was OP. Me and my friends realized that very quickly and starting using R1 as a tackle button. It was a 25% chance that it would cause a fumble. Meaning that we totaled around 7 fumbles a game. And keep in mind that we starting giving ourselves up on purpose just so we couldn't get stripped.

# 130 Kid OS @ 09/23/16 11:47 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by jsteele14

Pre-tuner, there was an imbalance that was killing user vs user games. Great DE's who were user controlled were shedding blocks instantly, but CPU linemen were not. Also, there was no trace of bullrushing. If the DL actually could push the OL backwards, that would solve the "No Pressure vs. Auto Shed" problem.

# 131 bkrich83 @ 09/24/16 12:14 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bigg Cee
having the options to pick which tuner and have the date next to the tuner in the options menu would be great.
100000% agree. I've been asking for that since they introduced tuners.

# 132 D81SKINS @ 09/24/16 12:52 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kid OS
Pre-tuner, there was an imbalance that was killing user vs user games. Great DE's who were user controlled were shedding blocks instantly, but CPU linemen were not. Also, there was no trace of bullrushing. If the DL actually could push the OL backwards, that would solve the "No Pressure vs. Auto Shed" problem.
Im anxious to test it out!
the more I read, the more I really wish we had our pass rush and block shedding sliders back from years past,
Then we could tune this stuff to our liking.

Again, haven't played yet but it does make plenty of sense that they reduced the "insta-shed" by users.
Like others have stated, the CPU may actually have time to look downfield and read defenses!

# 133 Bigg Cee @ 09/24/16 12:54 AM
Played 4 online games with cardinals and the game still feels the same. Still fun!

# 134 jfsolo @ 09/24/16 01:41 AM
After playing 3 games in my CFM, with the new tuner, I will call it a success. I didn't need to make any slider adjustments, and tuning is the perfect word to apply to the changes. Every aspect of the game just feels a little bit tighter, for lack of a better word. Insta-sheds still exist, but they don't have that ultra quick warping animation that they use to have.

The one negative that I saw was that with the slight reduction of the throw out of sack fumble, I did see the CPU get one of those arm being hit and still throw the ball 25 yards sequences. Before the tuner those were totally gone, but now they might be back in the game to a degree.

A subtle thing that I noticed right away is that you can activate your Punt Returner on punts inside of the 10 yard line and if you don't move him, he will now get in position and field those punts if you want him to. Before you had to activate him and move him yourself, with great difficult, to try and catch those punts.

It's going to be very interesting to see what happens with the next patch, in the 4 Verts interview Rex said that there are 200 plus fixes in that one.

# 135 Smallville102001 @ 09/24/16 03:43 AM
So what does this mean? Increased wait-time for Pass Rushers to play shed moves when pass rushing (Reduced “Insta-Sheds”)

# 136 cuoreceltico @ 09/24/16 04:29 AM
This is very funny, those who have not tried the tuner complains about the fixes has been done, and since it is legitimized before deciding whether to install it according to the fixes, seems to me that talking about the tuner fix list is quite on topic, talking about what you can expect but it has not been done, on the other side there are those who have tried it and they say right that you must not to complain if have not tried it, and they give assurances that basically nothing has changed compared to before. Well everyone draw his conclusions.

I have tested the tuner too, I play CFM offline Human vs Human and must say as who have tried that seem nothing has change, so IMO It is quite disappointing since there are objective things that should be tuned and that should change considerably.

Seems to me correct and normal that people expect the changes that he believes necessary by a tuner update.

# 137 Smallville102001 @ 09/24/16 04:29 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by jfsolo
After playing 3 games in my CFM, with the new tuner, I will call it a success. I didn't need to make any slider adjustments, and tuning is the perfect word to apply to the changes. Every aspect of the game just feels a little bit tighter, for lack of a better word. Insta-sheds still exist, but they don't have that ultra quick warping animation that they use to have.

The one negative that I saw was that with the slight reduction of the throw out of sack fumble, I did see the CPU get one of those arm being hit and still throw the ball 25 yards sequences. Before the tuner those were totally gone, but now they might be back in the game to a degree.

A subtle thing that I noticed right away is that you can activate your Punt Returner on punts inside of the 10 yard line and if you don't move him, he will now get in position and field those punts if you want him to. Before you had to activate him and move him yourself, with great difficult, to try and catch those punts.

It's going to be very interesting to see what happens with the next patch, in the 4 Verts interview Rex said that there are 200 plus fixes in that one.

Did he give any kind of time table for that patch?

# 138 Renoster @ 09/24/16 08:55 AM
Played twice today and got shelled by Baltimore's run game to the tune of 200yds and then walloped Arizona. I'm seeing better CPU run game now.
The cut block is interesting. I've never seen a RB fail to cut my free rusher. Suh has just spent the last 2 games upside down.

# 139 redsox4evur @ 09/24/16 09:08 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by redsox4evur
Guys this video is the insta-shed being talked about. And if this is happening a lot I am fine with it getting tuned down as most people wouldn't have time to complete a pass. The guy is in the QB's face within a second of snapping the ball.

https://twitter.com/GiantBlue76/stat...91043370131456

Quote:
Originally Posted by Smallville102001
So what does this mean? Increased wait-time for Pass Rushers to play shed moves when pass rushing (Reduced “Insta-Sheds”)

See this play.

# 140 roadman @ 09/24/16 09:17 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by cuoreceltico
This is very funny, those who have not tried the tuner complains about the fixes has been done, and since it is legitimized before deciding whether to install it according to the fixes, seems to me that talking about the tuner fix list is quite on topic, talking about what you can expect but it has not been done, on the other side there are those who have tried it and they say right that you must not to complain if have not tried it, and they give assurances that basically nothing has changed compared to before. Well everyone draw his conclusions.

I have tested the tuner too, I play CFM offline Human vs Human and must say as who have tried that seem nothing has change, so IMO It is quite disappointing since there are objective things that should be tuned and that should change considerably.

Seems to me correct and normal that people expect the changes that he believes necessary by a tuner update.
This is what a tuner is designed to do, clean up the small things and make it darn near unnoticeable to the player. This is not a patch where people usually notice things that need changing.

Huge difference, thank you.

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.