Home
Old Time Hockey News Post

Old Time Hockey has just announced they will release their game on March 28 for PlayStation 4 and PC, via Steam. Check out the new trailer here.

They also mentioned it will be released for Xbox One at a later date in Q2, with plans to release the game for the Nintendo Switch around the same time. We will post those release dates when they are available.

Quote:
Old Time Hockey features 5-on-5 arcade hockey gameplay where players will their opponents to submit through rough and tumble aggressive hitting and fighting. You are expected to contest for the puck by taking the body and hitting your opponents by throwing elbows, shoulder checks, cross checks, hip checks, and dirty clotheslines. Timely hits allow your team to go on fire and inflict further damage on your opponents causing them to drop the mitts and fight. That's right, aggressive hockey is back in town!

Game: Old Time HockeyHype Score: 6/10 - Vote Now
Platform: PC / PS4 / Xbox OneVotes for game: 1 - View All
Member Comments
# 1 jpollack34 @ 02/23/17 05:08 PM
All I care about nowadays, beyond decent gameplay of course, is deep customization. A deep deep edit mode is what everyone is clamouring for nowadays.

Gamers want control!

# 2 jpollack34 @ 02/23/17 05:12 PM
PS.. PC is emerging as the absolute best platform. Such an open platform you got to love it. Soon Steam is allowing developers to self-publishers via something called Steam Direct. The sports genre is going to open up like floodgates I predict.. Welcome innovation !!

# 3 TSOLEliot @ 02/23/17 05:17 PM
This looks very encouraging. I would love the customization and franchise options but am just happy for another option to play on Xbox One.
I will be buying this.

# 4 Retropyro @ 02/23/17 05:36 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by jpollack34
PS.. PC is emerging as the absolute best platform. Such an open platform you got to love it. Soon Steam is allowing developers to self-publishers via something called Steam Direct. The sports genre is going to open up like floodgates I predict.. Welcome innovation !!
Self publishing ain't new on Steam. Steam Direct is replacing the old program and will have tighter restrictions to cut down on shovel-ware.

# 5 s_mkheidze @ 02/23/17 07:10 PM
while I always appreciate new hockey games....this does nothing for me. It looks cheesy and not that interesting. I really want a product that is going to push EA out of the lull that they have been in for the last 7-8 years. This is not that product.

# 6 Honome @ 02/24/17 06:45 AM
I'm definitely interested in getting it for PS4. Anyone know the price?

Enviado de meu ASUS_T00J usando Tapatalk

# 7 GlennN @ 02/24/17 12:58 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Honome
I'm definitely interested in getting it for PS4. Anyone know the price?

Per Facebook, the game will retail for $11.99

# 8 walhalla @ 02/24/17 01:19 PM
Well this seems odd...I've been playing the game since Tuesday(PS4).....I bought it from Playstation Store (EU) and the price was 17,95€

# 9 Splitter77 @ 02/24/17 03:33 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by walhalla
Well this seems odd...I've been playing the game since Tuesday(PS4).....I bought it from Playstation Store (EU) and the price was 17,95€
is it any good?
can you shut off how the net catches fire and all those stupid symbols in gameplay???

# 10 Keirik @ 02/25/17 01:16 AM
Day one purchase and it should be for every single one of us as an investment, if nothing else. Need tovshow any company support for a field that has one game only for far too long.

# 11 Eyeman79 @ 02/25/17 12:30 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by walhalla
OK so why is a game made by a Canadian company released a month early in Europe ?? Is this a demo? Something's not right here. If the game is ready why not release it here.

# 12 GlennN @ 02/25/17 12:45 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Keirik
Day one purchase and it should be for every single one of us as an investment, if nothing else. Need tovshow any company support for a field that has one game only for far too long.
I agree completely. I will absolutely be buying this game on day 1!

# 13 walhalla @ 02/25/17 02:02 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eyeman79
OK so why is a game made by a Canadian company released a month early in Europe ?? Is this a demo? Something's not right here. If the game is ready why not release it here.
Well it's not a demo. It is a full game, with a price tag for almost 18€, with all modes and features. The funny thing is, this version has the "old" teams: Charleston Blues etc. (which I'm playing the story mode).
Btw, the story mode isn't that easy.....at least for me.
And for those "burning nets", I couldn't find any options to turn it off. I thought it would bother me too but I found out it doesn't, they only flame up when a team (which is on "fire") scores.

# 14 Splitter77 @ 02/27/17 08:10 AM
i guess the ps store released it early.
There are already gameplay videos on youtube.

Doesnt look that great. Gameplay looks repetitive. Was hoping it was more like hitz [pro where the games were fun and you would see something new every game. With goalmouth scrambles and such.

I guess if the stat tracking is good in this game I might get it.

It also looks like you can change between 3 camera angles. I have to say the broadcast cam looks sweet.

# 15 walhalla @ 02/27/17 10:53 AM
Yes, you can choose between three cameras. Broadcast, Action and Classic(if I remember correctly). The game is lotta fun in my opinion. Gotta try it while drinking beer with friends though.....
Btw, I checked the PS Store today....and the game is gone!

# 16 Honome @ 02/27/17 05:23 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by GlennN
Per Facebook, the game will retail for $11.99
Definitely gonna buy it, even if it's 20 dollars. To be honest every hockey fan should buy it to support the devs and encourage other developers to make more and more hockey games!

# 17 MrArlingtonBeach @ 03/02/17 10:33 AM
The game looks fun, from what I've seen of the gameplay on YouTube.

The only thing that is kind of annoying to me is how the goalie passes the puck off to one side of the goal after he corrals it....even if there is an opponent right there. It can be seen at the 3:23 mark of this video:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qin9BYEMCqg&t=35s

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.