Home
NBA 2K18 News Post

NBA 2K18 will feature Shaquille O'Neal on the cover of the legend edition, marking his third appearance on an NBA 2K cover.

You can also watch the ad featuring Shaq, as he makes the announcement. Kobe Bryant is also in the ad.

Gamers who pre-order the NBA 2K18 Legend Edition will receive special Shaq memorabilia, in-game content, and Early Tip-Off Access beginning September 15, 2017; check out what's included in each edition below.

NBA 2K18 Legend Edition - $99.99
  • 100,000 VC
  • 20 Weekly MyTEAM Packs (with guaranteed Shaq and Team 2K cards)
  • Shaq Attaq Shoes
  • Shaq Jerseys & Apparel
  • Championship Ring
  • Shaq MyTEAM Stickers
  • 5 Shaq Trading Cards
  • Shaq Poster
NBA 2K18 Legend Edition Gold - $149.99
  • All Legend Edition Content
  • Additional 150,0000 VC (250,000 total)
  • 20 Additional Weekly MyTEAM packs (40 total with guaranteed Shaq and Team 2K card)
  • Shaq's Jersey Collection
  • 5 Additional Shaq Trading Cards
  • Lenticular Cover
NBA 2K18 Standard Edition: - $59.99
  • 5000 VC
  • 10 Weekly MyTEAM Packs (With Team 2K card)
  • MyPlayer Apparel
Read the full press release below.

‘The Big Aristotle’ Shaquille O’Neal Booms Back to the Court in NBA® 2K18 Legend Edition

Newly enshrined NBA Hall of Famer, dominant basketball icon and ultimate basketball big man honored on special game cover; fans to receive exclusive memorabilia and in-game content

2K today announced that NBA 2K will feature Hall of Famer Shaquille O’Neal on the cover of the NBA 2K18 Legend Edition. This special edition of the top-rated NBA video game simulation series for the last 16 years* gives the court to the big man who needs no introduction, “The Diesel…The Big Aristotle…Superman…Shaq Daddy…” with special Shaq-themed memorabilia and content, extending his legacy as the most dominant center in NBA history.

Quote:
“I want to thank NBA 2K for their continuous support of my basketball and broadcast career,” said O’Neal, whose Hall of Fame enshrinement late last year celebrates a storied 19-year career. “I’m excited to be on the cover of the NBA 2K18 Legend Edition and I hope my fans have a blast playing it up big man style and re-creating my most legendary in-game moments!”

O’Neal’s Legend Edition appearance on NBA 2K18 marks the third NBA 2K cover appearance for the 15-time NBA All-Star and 14-time All-NBA selection. O'Neal, who played 19 NBA seasons, was inducted into the Naismith Memorial Basketball Hall of Fame in 2016.

The NBA 2K18 Legend Edition and Legend Edition Gold will be available in both digital and physical formats for $99.99 and $149.99, respectively, on PlayStation®4 computer entertainment system, and Xbox One. NBA 2K18 Legend Edition and Legend Edition Gold will be available in physical format on Nintendo Switch. The NBA 2K18 Legend Edition Gold physical edition is available exclusively at GameStop.

Developed by Visual Concepts, NBA 2K18 is not yet rated by the ESRB. NBA 2K18 will be available for PlayStation®4 system and PlayStation®3 computer entertainment system, Xbox One and Xbox 360, Nintendo Switch, and Windows PC platforms on September 19, 2017.

Fans can pre-order NBA 2K18 at participating North American retail and online vendors, ensuring they receive their copy and in-game bonuses four days early beginning on September 15, 2017.

NBA 2K18 screenshot gallery - Click to view NBA 2K18 screenshot gallery - Click to view
Game: NBA 2K18Hype Score: 9/10 - Vote Now
Platform: Nintendo Switch / PC / PS3 / PS4 / Xbox 360 / Xbox OneVotes for game: 5 - View All
Member Comments
# 101 NoLeafClover @ 05/11/17 06:08 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by youvalss
I have no problem with that. I have never in my life bought anything else than the regular version (nor have I ever purchased any DLCs whatsoever). Don't blame 2K for people who are willing to pay for it. They could charge $300 if there were enough people who would pay that. Don't blame the seller...if someone out there is willing to pay more - you sell it for that price.

Again, blame the gamers. Some people just can't get a hold of themselves...and they deserve to pay that much. It's just like those people who find the game being sold online by someone a day before release for $300. They deserve to be taken advantage of.

It's not being sold for that price because 2K is doing something wrong. It is because some consumers are doing something wrong. And other people need to pay more because of them. If no one paid that price, there would be a price drop pretty fast, and next year the extra stuff will be sold for less.
People are idiots who throw money away yes, but the fact that 2K has the monopoly on the genre plays a big role too. Just because it ALLOWS them to charge whatever they want doesn't mean they have to gouge prices so blatantly.

There's a point where people just snap and buy an alternative product or brand out of spite because they feel they are being exploited.

We aren't there yet, but everyone has their limits...

# 102 Junior Moe @ 05/11/17 07:48 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by youvalss
I have no problem with that. I have never in my life bought anything else than the regular version (nor have I ever purchased any DLCs whatsoever). Don't blame 2K for people who are willing to pay for it. They could charge $300 if there were enough people who would pay that. Don't blame the seller...if someone out there is willing to pay more - you sell it for that price.

Again, blame the gamers. Some people just can't get a hold of themselves...and they deserve to pay that much. It's just like those people who find the game being sold online by someone a day before release for $300. They deserve to be taken advantage of.

It's not being sold for that price because 2K is doing something wrong. It is because some consumers are doing something wrong. And other people need to pay more because of them. If no one paid that price, there would be a price drop pretty fast, and next year the extra stuff will be sold for less.
This is it right here. It's simple economics. I don't begrudge 2K or anyone else for utilizing demand for a profit. I didn't even know that the price changed from a year ago because I'm not into the online stuff. I buy the standard edition. That's cool. I did buy the college team bundle last year. If that was a huge success it wouldn't shock me that they charge more it. If so, then I'd have a decision to make on whether or not it's worth it. Me being the sap I am I probably would buy it but like you said if enoug people don't they'll drop the price eventually.

# 103 ammar_munes @ 05/11/17 09:40 AM
For me , I always buy Standard ,

if I'm willing to upgrade the need to show us what's new , what have changed not beat around the bush , show me what changed in player creation , in park , in proam . show me the changes from the begging.
not 2 weeks before launch , then maybe I will upgrade my copy !

# 104 youvalss @ 05/11/17 10:38 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by NoLeafClover
People are idiots who throw money away yes, but the fact that 2K has the monopoly on the genre plays a big role too. Just because it ALLOWS them to charge whatever they want doesn't mean they have to gouge prices so blatantly.

There's a point where people just snap and buy an alternative product or brand out of spite because they feel they are being exploited.

It's not bread or meat, you can live without it. I don't know if you can say that 2K has the monopoly on the genre, anyone else can make a basketball title, it's just that other than EA no one does. And even if 2K did have the monopoly, why would anyone pay full price for a product they don't think is worth it?

If you really want the game but don't agree with the price, just wait and/or buy it used. I don't buy basketball games (and other games) new any more. I haven't even bought 2K16 or 2K17 - not because of all the flaws. I wouldn't even notice 99% of what people here are talking about since I'm not that fanatic about it any more. But it's not a must for me any more, so I prefer spending money on other games (and still buy them mostly older/used).

It's not to say "Don't like it - don't buy it", and this is definitely not to defend 2K. I didn't even buy Mafia 3 on release, though I really wanted to play it. Bought it about 6 weeks ago at more than 50% off. I didn't think it was worth the full price, and anyone who thinks this way about a game/DLC needs to wait for a price drop.

Games like NBA 2K and GTA keep their value and a price drop doesn't happen that fast (unless it's Black Friday or something like that) because they sell millions of units. If they sold 300,000 units, you would buy it 50% after 2 months. Again, it's because the millions of people who buy it. Again, demand.

You said "There's a point where people just snap and buy an alternative product or brand out of spite because they feel they are being exploited" - well there should be millions of people doing this to have any real effect. If only 50,000 people did this, it may not be enough to cause 2K take drastic steps, I would think.

Then again, you want your voice heard, take it to the (virtual) streets. It's much easier to gather enough people to support your cause these days, with all the media/internet. I don't think you would be doing anything wrong if you did.

# 105 jackzagal @ 05/11/17 10:56 AM
The most expensive edition is the Lakers' Shaq, the one everyone would want. 2K know what they're doing, lol. Anyway, I'm not buying this game at release, I'll wait until seeing the first reviews. A week at the very least, possibly two. And regular/standard edition, of course; I don't play MyTeam and couldn't care less about all that bonus content

# 106 FixEverything2k @ 05/11/17 04:09 PM
Not preordering a game I know nothing about. Not when the last 2 games have been like this.

# 107 SteboSSK @ 05/11/17 08:09 PM
People pay more than this to upgrade their Iphone every year. If people will pay for it let them pay. If standard edition is cool to you then buy that one.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shakedowncapo
$150.00 lmao...

2K have lost their minds. Or have the fans?

# 108 FerdBrown @ 05/12/17 01:09 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by SteboSSK
People pay more than this to upgrade their Iphone every year. If people will pay for it let them pay. If standard edition is cool to you then buy that one.

Supply and demand.

# 109 jk31 @ 05/12/17 03:11 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by jackzagal
The most expensive edition is the Lakers' Shaq, the one everyone would want. 2K know what they're doing, lol.

I don't get why I should want a "shaq edition" of something where I do not have anything physical because I just download it^^

# 110 VAWereWolf65 @ 05/12/17 08:53 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by DounteOnlFranchises
149.99 LEGEND EDITION
NO MY PARK

NBA LIVE FANS LIKE:
No MyPark? where did you hear this?

# 111 VAWereWolf65 @ 05/12/17 08:54 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by SteboSSK
Yes they upgrade their iphones because there are new and improved features every year. There's nothing extra in this years Legend Edition than there was in last years

# 112 FerdBrown @ 05/12/17 10:00 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by DounteOnlFranchises
149.99 LEGEND EDITION

NO MY PARK

NBA LIVE FANS LIKE:

[emoji23][emoji23]

# 113 ibrampton @ 05/12/17 03:15 PM
I'm not even going to get excited, they are just gearing this up to sell people on VC, accessories and cards to use. We probably won't even get a re-done body type of Shaq from Magic, Lakers and Heat teams, and we won't even get a re-done cyberface lol...

I won't even go towards wishing for a Shaq challenge or more Shaq teams to use in playnow or my league etc lol NBA 2k17 did NOT even have Kobe Bryant in NBA 2k17 outside of 2 classic teams and freakin' CARDS lol WTF is that...

I miss the NBA 2k Michael Jordan challenge, I think every classic player that NBA 2k features should have something like that.... PLUS the stupid god forsaken cards........

# 114 BA2929 @ 05/12/17 06:04 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by NoLeafClover

The game is still $60. They aren't "charging whatever they want" for the game. It's the same $60 that it's been for 15-20 years. If they were charging $80 for the base game then I'd agree with you, but they're not.

Now, if you'd like to purchase a version of the game with extra bonuses like virtual Shaq shoes and jerseys, extra VC, or even shell out for a different cover version of Shaq, then that's up to the individual person.

# 115 Antonioshellz @ 05/12/17 06:10 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by BA2929
The game is still $60. They aren't "charging whatever they want" for the game. It's the same $60 that it's been for 15-20 years. If they were charging $80 for the base game then I'd agree with you, but they're not.

Now, if you'd like to purchase a version of the game with extra bonuses like virtual Shaq shoes and jerseys, extra VC, or even shell out for a different cover version of Shaq, then that's up to the individual person.
Right. No one is forced to buy this version. I guess people like having something to be upset over....

Sent from my SM-G935T using Operation Sports mobile app

# 116 SuperSeahawks @ 05/12/17 06:12 PM
I've bought the past few 2k's, but didn't really enjoy 2k17 that much. Not excited for the game at the moment and I'll probably pass until at least black friday or I may just skip 2k18 altogether.

# 117 VAWereWolf65 @ 05/12/17 07:42 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Antonioshellz
Right. No one is forced to buy this version. I guess people like having something to be upset over....

Sent from my SM-G935T using Operation Sports mobile app
I think we're just confused why they raised the price 50 bucks after releasing the trashiest 2k game ever? Tf

# 118 Smirkin Dirk @ 05/12/17 07:52 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by VAWereWolf65
I think we're just confused why they raised the price 50 bucks after releasing the trashiest 2k game ever? Tf
They didn't. It's still $60.

# 119 FerdBrown @ 05/13/17 02:36 AM
Save the extra $40 or $90 for VC, if at all you want a purchase. Else, like me, wait for used games bargain.

Unless you all want to stare at Paninis while you crossover.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

# 120 franzis @ 05/13/17 03:47 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by BA2929

Exactly.

I really don't get why all this nonsense about the 150 $ even started.
There are DOZENS of games with collector editions having the same price.
Sure, you can argue if it is worth in the case of 2k18. (No, if you ask me).
But that's it

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.