Home

Michael Phelps Golden Bong Hits?

This is a discussion on Michael Phelps Golden Bong Hits? within the All Other Sports forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Other Sports > All Other Sports
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?
Closed Thread

Old 02-01-2009, 06:44 AM   #1
Hall Of Fame

LingeringRegime's Arena

OVR: 47
Michael Phelps Golden Bong Hits?

Uh oh. Looks like Michael Phelps is in some hot water. No pun intended of course...

http://msn.foxsports.com/other/story...lps-using-bong
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 02-01-2009, 12:42 PM   #2
MVP

lnin0's Arena

OVR: 23
Re: Michael Phelps Golden Bong Hits?

Odd, since I thought Phelps was one of the athletes who let them test him year round and even saved his samples in case better testing was invented...or am I thinking of Armstrong? But other than tarnishing his image, I don't think anyone can say bong hits would ever enhance your performance in a cardio driven sport. Besides, didn't they let that Canadian snowboarder keep his gold after testing positive for dope?

Last edited by lnin0; 02-01-2009 at 12:48 PM.
Old 02-01-2009, 01:04 PM   #3
Hall Of Fame

LingeringRegime's Arena

OVR: 47

Quote:
Originally Posted by lnin0
Odd, since I thought Phelps was one of the athletes who let them test him year round and even saved his samples in case better testing was invented...or am I thinking of Armstrong? But other than tarnishing his image, I don't think anyone can say bong hits would ever enhance your performance in a cardio driven sport. Besides, didn't they let that Canadian snowboarder keep his gold after testing positive for dope?
Nah, pot smoking doesn't help your cardio, but being a world class swimmer will sure help your pot smoking.

All kidding aside, this could be trouble for his endorsement deals, and potentially hurt his 2012 Olympic chances.

A lot of people seem to be trying to sweep this under the rug, by saying, "He's young, everyone smokes pot when they are young, blah, blah, blah." But, he is the most decorated gold medalist in the modern olympic history. He should be a lot smarter than that. Real dumb move.

By the way, Phelps just released a statement saying the photo was authentic...

http://sports.espn.go.com/oly/swimmi...ory?id=3876804
Old 02-01-2009, 01:35 PM   #4
Banned

OVR: 17

I don't think Phelps is serious about swimming anymore. Seems pretty much all he's been doing is partying, hanging out in Vegas playing poker and going to strip clubs. I think his fiance is a Vegas cocktail waitress who works at a strip club.
Old 02-01-2009, 01:47 PM   #5
MVP

Jet Sufferer's Arena

OVR: 12

Quote:
Originally Posted by metallicatz
I don't think Phelps is serious about swimming anymore. Seems pretty much all he's been doing is partying, hanging out in Vegas playing poker and going to strip clubs. I think his fiance is a Vegas cocktail waitress who works at a strip club.
Sounds like he's really got his act together.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 02-01-2009, 03:25 PM   #6
Hall Of Fame

DTX3's Arena

OVR: 56

Michael Phelps is my ****ing hero. That is all.
Old 02-01-2009, 10:44 PM   #7
Go Wings!

OVR: 41

Quote:
Originally Posted by metallicatz
I think he's giving himself a year or so off and then he'll begin training again...I'd probably do that too (though not be quite as crazy as he's being). His training schedule was pretty nuts.
Old 02-01-2009, 11:12 PM   #8
MVP

KillRoy's Arena

OVR: 10

I'm not surprised that he's on pot. I mean, with all the "uhhhhhhhhhh" and "duhhhhhhh" he does during interviews isn't it obvious? I swear, listening to him do an interview is a joke. He seriously needs to work on his public speaking and don't even get me started on that Rosetta Stone commercial he did. Now days when I watch him swim I yell "swiiim, Forrest, swiiim".

Lay off the pot Micheal....
Closed Thread

« Operation Sports Forums > Other Sports > All Other Sports »