Home

UFC Undisputed (BJ/GSP) tons of moves in this one

This is a discussion on UFC Undisputed (BJ/GSP) tons of moves in this one within the All Other Sports forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Other Sports > All Other Sports
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 01-30-2009, 01:28 AM   #9
Banned

OVR: 10
Re: UFC Undisputed (BJ/GSP) tons of moves in this one

Im in the minority, but i feel the animations are inferior when compared to nba2k9 and fight night 3
Old 01-30-2009, 08:09 AM   #10
(aka Alberto)

aholbert32's Arena

OVR: 44

Quote:
Originally Posted by Timmay
Did you read this somewhere? I wouldn't mind checking that article out, if you did - I haven't read anything yet on it, but I'm interested.

Right here:

http://mma.fanhouse.com/2009/01/29/u...georges-st-pi/

"We have some of the best audio commentary that you're ever going to hear in any game," Dravinski said. "Joe Rogan and Mike Goldberg came in for over 36 hours. We'd play the game for them and they'd call it like a normal fight, and we'd set up a specific situation and they'd call it."
Old 01-30-2009, 08:12 AM   #11
(aka Alberto)

aholbert32's Arena

OVR: 44

Quote:
Originally Posted by StonesRunIt
Im in the minority, but i feel the animations are inferior when compared to nba2k9 and fight night 3

Why would you compare this to a basketball game? Also NBA2k9 is in its 10th yr and Fight Night is in its 3rd version. Do you actually expect a first version of a game to look as good as games that have been around for years?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-30-2009, 08:27 AM   #12
Banned

OVR: 29

Quote:
Originally Posted by aholbert32
Right here:

http://mma.fanhouse.com/2009/01/29/u...georges-st-pi/

"We have some of the best audio commentary that you're ever going to hear in any game," Dravinski said. "Joe Rogan and Mike Goldberg came in for over 36 hours. We'd play the game for them and they'd call it like a normal fight, and we'd set up a specific situation and they'd call it."
Sweet, thanks.
Old 01-30-2009, 09:49 AM   #13
DJ
Hall Of Fame

DJ's Arena

OVR: 47

Lots of good animations in the video. Only things that bothered me a little was the over-exaggerated head movements when guys were hit with a jab. But, the punches and kicks looked good and the ground game looked really good.

BJ licking the blood off his gloves is a nice little touch as well.

This and Guitar Hero: Metallica are the two games on my radar this year.
EA Sports PGA Tour (PS5)
PGA Tour 2K23 (PS5)
Super Mario Bros. Wonder (Switch)
Old 01-30-2009, 11:38 AM   #14
All Star

allBthere's Arena

OVR: 21

Quote:
Originally Posted by aholbert32
Why would you compare this to a basketball game? Also NBA2k9 is in its 10th yr and Fight Night is in its 3rd version. Do you actually expect a first version of a game to look as good as games that have been around for years?
I'm with you on this, and I don't think those game have better animations either. what's so special about rd3's animations? 2k's collision detection isn't the best either, and in 2k you get 'caught' in long animations too.

about the video - awesome - I saw bj slip a gsp left hook and catch him with his own...i need to rewatch since I'm wondering if he slipped it intentionally (bob/weave controls) or the more likely imo that bj's left hook animation at the time had him load up and duck and as a result slipped gsp's punch.

I'm not crazy about penn throwing the spin sidekick...gsp does these kicks and they're effective, but he's in very small company in mma using spin kicks. if some people have 'signature moves' this should be one of gsp's no?

I liked seeing the highkick knockdown, and gsp's escape from the armbar I was like whoooa!

I think this will be a bit of a knockdown fest, but at least it seems you can go the distance even if there are so many kdn's
Old 01-30-2009, 11:50 AM   #15
All Star

allBthere's Arena

OVR: 21

you guys should all read that mmafunhouse article it's really good

"Dravinski said he thinks that before big fights, UFC fans will use the game to play out the match-ups they'll see. But while fighters can move up or down a weight class, the game doesn't allow players to use a heavyweight to squash a lightweight.

"We stay faithful to what you could find," Dravinski said. "You can have a guy move up or down a weight class. You can have B.J. Penn vs. Georges St. Pierre, but you can't have B.J. Penn vs. Brock Lesnar."

As for Penn vs. St. Pierre, we'll find out who wins when they step into the Octagon Saturday night at UFC 94. But what would their match-up look like in UFC 2009 Undisputed?

"You'll be able to see that GSP has a reach advantage, that GSP has stand-up skills like his axe kick," Dravinski said. "B.J. has a special animation that shows how good he is at dodging punches. B.J. is one of the best Brazilian jiu jitsu guys and he's rated as such in the game. GSP is one of the most well rounded individuals around, and I think we captured that in the game. Those details are why this is the best MMA game made to date."

I wonder how hard it would be to beat a guy like penn or gsp w/ someone much more 'pedestrian'?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-30-2009, 03:30 PM   #16
Banned

OVR: 6

Quote:
Originally Posted by goh
I thought they took some of the commentary from the actual fights.
i heard this as well

Also...any reservations i had about this game are all but removed. I saw so many things in this vid. I saw good combos...incredible transitions good depth in the GNP, submission, wrestling, clinch and boxing game.

« Operation Sports Forums > Other Sports > All Other Sports »