Home

Olympic Games Tokyo 2020 Released Today

This is a discussion on Olympic Games Tokyo 2020 Released Today within the All Other Sports forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Other Sports > All Other Sports
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 06-22-2021, 08:39 PM   #1
Editor-in-Chief

Steve_OS's Arena

OVR: 77
Olympic Games Tokyo 2020 Released Today

Olympic Games Tokyo 2020 released today on Nintendo Switch, PlayStation 4, Xbox One, Steam and Google Stadia...

Written By: Steve Noah

Click here to view the article.
Follow me on Twitter
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-23-2021, 12:45 PM   #2
Rookie

longway911's Arena

OVR: 1
Re: Olympic Games Tokyo 2020 Released Today

If anyone buys this, I'd love to hear some impressions and get a few questions answered. Can you play as a "nation" or only as your avatar? Can you play through a whole olypics where the medal count of each nation is tracked? Are nations even represented in the game, or only avatars?
Old 06-23-2021, 03:27 PM   #3
All Star

allBthere's Arena

OVR: 21
your avatar selects a nation and for team sports and even individual team sports (judo) you play as other avatars for your country.* I think Sega is awesome and does so well in the graphics and immersion dept, but one thing that is super disappointing is how easy it is to beat a world record.* I've already ran a 9.2 in the 100m for example and I'm not even levelled all the way.* Leaderboards show times under 8sec - again super disappointing.* Even though it's not "realistic" they have all the records there so why smash them so easily?* *You can play "medley's" either pre-selected events or custom events - not sure if ever single event is an option and the player with the most medals wins (either online or solo vs cpu) ... they def could have gone for more of what youre suggesting.* Gameplay is fun, some events much better than others though.* I tend to gravitate towards track and field mostly.
Old 06-23-2021, 04:08 PM   #4
Rookie

longway911's Arena

OVR: 1
Sweet, appreciate the info. I'm on the fence as far as purchasing. I have been jonesing for an Olympics game for a while now, but I'm concerned about the replay value. It's also a bummer that the records are so easy to break in the game. Thanks for the information!

I wish there was a next-gen sim-style olympics sports game out there. I would play that to death.*
Old 06-23-2021, 09:48 PM   #5
Pro

gsize19's Arena

OVR: 3
I bought it... It's cheesy, but fun... The replay value will probably wear off before the Olympics are over... I pretty much got 80% of the trophies in playing it for 2 hours in the events... I haven't ventured online to play, but I suspect it will be just as cheesy... It is a fun, arcade style game, but like I said, it's going to probably quickly lose fun factor unless you have kids in your house that want to take you on from time to time... Definitely not a tough game to learn...

I don't steal rosters and pass them off as my own, I create them!!!
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-23-2021, 09:55 PM   #6
Pro

gsize19's Arena

Additionally, it is probably a $19.99 game and will be post Olympics I suspect.* I just like the Olympics so I chose to grab it day of release... Has a good variety of games, there are a few I wish were on there, and there are a few I could do with out. Wish they were heavier on track and field events, 200, 400, discus, shot put, pole vault, triple jump would have all been nice to have. Would have loved to seen some gymnastics, track cycling, some diving events,* indoor volleyball and golf...

Old 06-23-2021, 11:51 PM   #7
All Star

inkcil's Arena

OVR: 23
How does this compare to Mario vs Sonic 2020 game in terms of fun factor and immersion?*

Now Playing:

XB1 (Forza Motorsport 6 and Horizon 2)
Switch (Mario Kart and Zelda)
PS3 (old 2k games and the Show)
Old 06-25-2021, 11:24 PM   #8
Pro

gsize19's Arena

It is about the same inkcil.... After a while, it will run it's course... I have already gotten the platinum trophy, I doubt I touch the game again until the Olympics, and even then, I doubt it gets much gameplay...

« Operation Sports Forums > Other Sports > All Other Sports »