Home

Rugby titles?

This is a discussion on Rugby titles? within the All Other Sports forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Other Sports > All Other Sports
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 02-12-2022, 12:12 PM   #9
is looking at stats.

Krebstar's Arena

OVR: 15
Re: Rugby titles?

Quote:
Originally Posted by tinpanalley
But I'm not too keen on the idea of buying a sports game even for $10 just to try the mechanics.
Well, I assume the point being made is that it's very much not a AAA sports title, and can feel a little clunky and I'd say to some, not enjoyable. It doesn't control or feel like other major sports titles.

So far it seems like some who played Rugby 18 and 20 think it's a big step up and are enjoying it, but there's also many who have disliked it and think it's garbage. To say it's divisive would be a massive understatement.
Old 02-13-2022, 09:39 AM   #10
MVP

Hunkerdown's Arena

OVR: 16

I have both RC4 and Rugby 22 on PS5. Good to know what features you like most as well. Rugby 22 might have some licensed national teams, but know custom leagues that I can find, just a generic world cup setup. You also can only do 1 season with leagues in game, no traditional career mode. The career mode in game is just a card game like FUT. RC4 might have less licenses, but it does have a traditional career mode where you can do rugby 15s or 7s, and do pro league, or pro league and national team. Lots of tournies like 6 nations you can play as well. Also has fan hub, where you can download updated rosters and link with teams in game.

Sent from my SM-G998U using Tapatalk
Old 02-13-2022, 01:26 PM   #11
is looking at stats.

Krebstar's Arena

OVR: 15

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hunkerdown
RC4 might have less licenses, but it does have a traditional career mode where you can do rugby 15s or 7s, and do pro league, or pro league and national team. Lots of tournies like 6 nations you can play as well.

Yet zero rating progression/regression even though it's the fourth iteration of the game. Absolute cash grab by the developers, unless gameplay itself improved (which from what I've seen it has not from RC2 or RC3).
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 02-13-2022, 09:33 PM   #12
MVP

OVR: 10

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hunkerdown
I have both RC4 and Rugby 22 on PS5. Good to know what features you like most as well. Rugby 22 might have some licensed national teams, but know custom leagues that I can find, just a generic world cup setup. You also can only do 1 season with leagues in game, no traditional career mode. The career mode in game is just a card game like FUT. RC4 might have less licenses, but it does have a traditional career mode where you can do rugby 15s or 7s, and do pro league, or pro league and national team. Lots of tournies like 6 nations you can play as well. Also has fan hub, where you can download updated rosters and link with teams in game.

Sent from my SM-G998U using Tapatalk
Honestly the lack of career mode is perfect. I absolutely can't stand them. I'm way too old fashioned about that. I play one season at a time in every sports game with actual rosters and dont like the fantasy elements careers create. Salaries, trading that would never happen in real life. Not for me.
Old 08-23-2022, 06:14 PM   #13
Just started!

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by Krebstar
Unfortunately, England are not licensed, but the rest are.
Yes, the same problem...
Old 09-19-2022, 05:25 AM   #14
Rookie

firstly rugby 08 is the game to get first. then after that i would recommend rugby challenge 4 i have slider set thats quite challenging if anyone wants them i can share. i love me some good rugby union go on munster
Old 09-26-2022, 07:08 PM   #15
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by Juicyrobg1
firstly rugby 08 is the game to get first. then after that i would recommend rugby challenge 4 i have slider set thats quite challenging if anyone wants them i can share. i love me some good rugby union go on munster
Please share your sliders. I have a good set too that gives me some great matches.

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-27-2022, 07:17 AM   #16
Rookie

im away from home for a while. but i will put up the sliders as soon as i can. can you put up your sliders too i would not mind using a different set to change it up a bit thanks. i think this game is better than people give it credit for considering its not a triple A game. its miles better then rugby 22 but it does have its flaws

« Operation Sports Forums > Other Sports > All Other Sports »