Home

~Official 2K8 Generic Football Wishlist Thread~

This is a discussion on ~Official 2K8 Generic Football Wishlist Thread~ within the All Pro Football 2K forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > NFL 2K > All Pro Football 2K
Replicating the Playoffs Experience in NBA 2K24
TopSpin 2K25 Review - A Winning Return for the Series
Out Of The Park Baseball 25 Review: An Impressively Deep Managerial Experience

Old 08-20-2006, 01:20 AM   #73
All Star

OVR: 13
Re: ~Official 2K8 Generic Football Wishlist Thread~

Halftime highlights from other games around the league would be cool (sort of like what they already did in 2K5, but during the games). Also, being able to assign blocking assignements at the line of scrimmage would be nice...
Old 08-20-2006, 07:06 PM   #74
Banned

OVR: 14

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blzer
We're the die-hards, right? The bigtime consumers that would be making this game possible?

Should this be a 32-team league (and since there are approximately 54 players per team), that would mean over 1700 players in the game, not to mention free agents and future rookies.

With all of those generic players, they shouldn't ALL be generic names. I say they put us in the game. At least our names. If you own MLB 2K5, then you might know that my MuffMcFluff usename ends up in one of the emails from a fan... not to mention that managers and coaches were at one point names of Administrators and Moderators here at OS.

I think that would be a pretty cool thing for them to do for us.
But why stop at 32 teams? If we are talking about a game based on customization, let us choose the amount of teams. Let us choose the max players limit, maybe 60 players max, maybe 45 players, why even 11 on 11. Let us decide. I think they definitely should add us hardcore players. I have sold this game to more people than EB. Throw my OLB Tee Starbird out of Stanford University in there.
Old 08-20-2006, 08:23 PM   #75
All Star

OVR: 13

Quote:
Originally Posted by SwayGod53
But why stop at 32 teams? If we are talking about a game based on customization, let us choose the amount of teams. Let us choose the max players limit, maybe 60 players max, maybe 45 players, why even 11 on 11. Let us decide. I think they definitely should add us hardcore players. I have sold this game to more people than EB. Throw my OLB Tee Starbird out of Stanford University in there.
Good point, actually - you know what I thought would be really cool, is to makes the game customizable enough so that it could either be a pro OR college game, if you felt like putting in the D1 logos/stadiums/rosters. That would ROCK. Make it so 112 teams or whatever can be put in the game - if we had one game that could compete/kick the butt of Madden AND NCAA? That'd be great...alternatively, Take2 could use the same NFL engine and tweak it a bit to come out with "College Football 2K7"; a game that plays like a college game w/ fictional (but highly customizable) colleges...that would rock.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-20-2006, 08:25 PM   #76
Resident film pundit

Blzer's Arena

OVR: 55

Quote:
Originally Posted by SwayGod53
Well, I don't really want anything different from 11 on 11, but what I was getting at with the teams and players and such is that there is definitely enough room for our names to be in the game.

Yeah, hopefully they put in more players so more names can be in.
Samsung PN60F8500 PDP / Anthem MRX 720 / Klipsch RC-62 II / Klipsch RF-82 II (x2) / Insignia NS-B2111 (x2) / SVS PC13-Ultra / SVS SB-2000 / Sony MDR-7506 Professional / Audio-Technica ATH-R70x / Sony PS3 & PS4 / DirecTV HR44-500 / DarbeeVision DVP-5000 / Panamax M5400-PM / Elgato HD60
Old 08-23-2006, 12:46 PM   #77
Rookie

Shredder's Arena

OVR: 4

Definitely keep Peter and Dan but having a few rotating sets of announcers would be unprecedented and sweet. Further enhance the half time and post show with more inter-related highlights and commentary. Maybe even enhance the pregame with discussions of injuries and standings/playoff ramifications of a given game. This thread cheers me up a tiny bit....even if it's not going to happen.....IT NEEDS TO THOUGH!!!
Old 08-27-2006, 05:15 PM   #78
MVP

OVR: 9

I only wish it was coming out!
Old 09-08-2006, 09:34 PM   #79
Rookie

OVR: 3

The 1up podcast mentions the generic 2K game again in the 090106 podcast. It sounds plausible. They did say it would be for next year, but pointed out that FIFA has been pushed to improve by Winning Eleven, and related that to what Madden vs. 2K could be again. Man I hope so.
Old 12-04-2006, 04:44 PM   #80
Hall Of Fame

Jistic's Arena

OVR: 28

Game Informer had a small blurb a few months ago by their rumor mill, insider guy who said confidently there will be a 2K8, generic with legends.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > NFL 2K > All Pro Football 2K »