Home

NFL 2K1 on the Dreamcast?

This is a discussion on NFL 2K1 on the Dreamcast? within the All Pro Football 2K forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > NFL 2K > All Pro Football 2K
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 12-11-2006, 05:33 PM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 8
Icon5 NFL 2K1 on the Dreamcast?

I am getting myslef a Dreamcast just for fun and while reading up wich games to get I stumble across NFL 2K1. It is described as the best football game ever.

So, does you guys have any memories of NFL 2K1? How does it stack up to 2K5?

I am just wondering and not actually consider buying this game, unless it is much better than 2K5 which I am haveing loads of fun with now.

Just wanted to hear what you guys think of NFL 2K1 and the Dreamcast in general?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-11-2006, 05:34 PM   #2
MVP

Rainey's Arena

OVR: 16
Re: NFL 2K1 on the Dreamcast?

People will always remember games better than they were. NFL 2k5 is far and away much better than 2k1. However, it got there because of the improvements seen in technology and programming in 2k2, 2k3, and 2k4.

NFL 2k1 the day it came out? One of the best football games ever created.
Old 12-11-2006, 06:21 PM   #3
MVP

OVR: 12

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carolus Rex
I am getting myslef a Dreamcast just for fun and while reading up wich games to get I stumble across NFL 2K1. It is described as the best football game ever.

So, does you guys have any memories of NFL 2K1? How does it stack up to 2K5?

I am just wondering and not actually consider buying this game, unless it is much better than 2K5 which I am haveing loads of fun with now.

Just wanted to hear what you guys think of NFL 2K1 and the Dreamcast in general?
2K1 was amazing for its time, it introduced a new level of player interaction and on the fly ball physics, It had have some anoying flaws. but the series constantly got better each year, with 2K5 being the best by far........IMO youd only truely appreciate 2K1 if you pick up madden,gameday, and QB Club from the year prior to see what it brought to the table..........
Old 12-11-2006, 06:57 PM   #4
Resident film pundit

Blzer's Arena

OVR: 55

Quote:
Originally Posted by TeeDogg
2K1 was amazing for its time, it introduced a new level of player interaction and on the fly ball physics, It had have some anoying flaws. but the series constantly got better each year, with 2K5 being the best by far........IMO youd only truely appreciate 2K1 if you pick up madden,gameday, and QB Club from the year prior to see what it brought to the table..........
QB Club for PS2 actually wasn't the worst game in the world. No, it wasn't that great, but the create-a-player wasn't bad, and the QB Challenge was a blast! I didn't like how it pretty much only had one catching animation, though. Since it was made by Acclaim, I'm sure that, if time was taken into developing it and if they were still making it now, it would probably be on par with ASB for baseball.

I really miss that feeling that Christmas when I got NFL 2K2 for PS2. That game really felt like something then! It makes me want to pick it up again for about 99 cents.
Samsung PN60F8500 PDP / Anthem MRX 720 / Klipsch RC-62 II / Klipsch RF-82 II (x2) / Insignia NS-B2111 (x2) / SVS PC13-Ultra / SVS SB-2000 / Sony MDR-7506 Professional / Audio-Technica ATH-R70x / Sony PS3 & PS4 / DirecTV HR44-500 / DarbeeVision DVP-5000 / Panamax M5400-PM / Elgato HD60
Old 12-11-2006, 07:00 PM   #5
MVP

OVR: 12

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blzer
QB Club for PS2 actually wasn't the worst game in the world. No, it wasn't that great, but the create-a-player wasn't bad, and the QB Challenge was a blast! I didn't like how it pretty much only had one catching animation, though. Since it was made by Acclaim, I'm sure that, if time was taken into developing it and if they were still making it now, it would probably be on par with ASB for baseball.

I really miss that feeling that Christmas when I got NFL 2K2 for PS2. That game really felt like something then! It makes me want to pick it up again for about 99 cents.
QB Club 99 i think, was actaulu a very good game, had some huge ai flaws but was on the verge of some good things. I wasnt saying all those games were bad back then, just that to appreciate 2k1 youd have to think baack to where FB games were back then
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-11-2006, 07:33 PM   #6
I'm not on InstantFace.

Cardot's Arena

OVR: 22

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rainey
People will always remember games better than they were.
This is so true.

2K1 was a great game for its time, but if you go back a play now, the graphics aren't nearly as good...players have long dangly arms. And there is limited presentation.

The other problem with 2K1 is that out patterns are pretty much money, and with all the defenders crammed in the middle, it is really tough throwing there.

Some people on these boards will argue 2K4 over 2K5, but I don't think anyone would honestly say 2K1 is better.
Old 12-11-2006, 08:05 PM   #7
MVP

Radja's Arena

OVR: 17

i set up a dreamcast in my office a few months back. there are some quite good games that i never played. i re-bought nfl 2k2 and 5 other games laste week. while here are some obvious differences and improvements over the years, the game is a nice diversion during the hectic times.
Old 12-12-2006, 04:44 AM   #8
Rookie

OVR: 8

Just like I thought. The graphics looks bad by today standards. I tried Madden 07 on Xbox I thought that game looked realy bad compared to 2K5 so I don't think I would lika a game from 2K either.

Anyway, I am getting the dreamcast for mainly three games wich are Sega Rally 2, Daytona USA and Virtua Tennis 2. Are there any other must-have games for the dreamcast?

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > NFL 2K > All Pro Football 2K »