Home

Interesting way of renewing interest in the game

This is a discussion on Interesting way of renewing interest in the game within the All Pro Football 2K forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > NFL 2K > All Pro Football 2K
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 01-08-2007, 12:09 AM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 7
Interesting way of renewing interest in the game

Well I have been updating and playing 2k all season and it just seems to be missing something. The cpu playcalling on offense especially is just ho-hum and it always seems too easy. Then I tried something that I am sure some of you have but others may not have. I simulated about 17 or 18 seasons. I was attempting to sim until all of the real players were gone. I then picked up with the chargers from there and am having a good time playing. I am playing with some pretty tough sliders. I have tried zero sliders but have changed them a little to suit my needs. My sliders are (Human) (from the left)Blocking to the second line. Passing- 0 Running- second line Catching- Full Coverage-0 Pursuit-3 clicks from left Tackling- 0 Kicking 0 Fatigue- 4 clicks from left CPU- Blocking, Passing, Running, Catching- Full Coverage- Four clicks past Third line Pursuit and TAckling on first line Kicking on second line Fatigue- four clicks from right Injury and fumble in the middle. Interception 0

Hope that wasn't too confusing. Anyways, the season has been fun. Learning who's good and who's not is fun and having to start with a team I know nothing about and to get to change and mold it through the draft and free agency is fun. Just wanted to spread the idea. Have fun.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-08-2007, 08:20 AM   #2
MVP

spit_bubble's Arena

OVR: 27
Re: Interesting way of renewing interest in the game

I'm planning on taking my created player from NCAA Football 06's Race for the Heisman mode, creating him in ESPN NFL 2K5, doing a fantasy draft and going from there...

Well, I was... Until my file got corrupted!

I was pissed too, because I had a sweet player going... A QB at Alabama who made the Freshman All-American team... Then my PS2 froze while trying to save.

Anyways, I'm not sure when I'll do this again, but if I really wanted to keep it going I could then go back to NCAA as a coach when my NFL playing days are over.
Old 01-11-2007, 08:57 AM   #3
Pro

OVR: 9

I did this a while back, and it did seem to make the game more fun again. I didn't have to worry about accurate ratings for every player, because they were all made up!

The way I did this was to sim through about 12 seassons, and then take over the offseason tasks for my team for about 3-4 years before playing games. That way I could build my team a bit before I started using it in games.

Who needs real players anyways?
Old 01-11-2007, 07:50 PM   #4
Rookie

I agree. I wish 2k would just give it a shot and make a generic game. I know it may not be the best seller because a lot of people want the real rosters but really I just want a fun and somewhat realistic football game. Besides you know people would customize it so it would be close to the real rosters anyways.
Old 01-11-2007, 07:51 PM   #5
Rookie

Someone asked me to be more clear about the sliders I was using so here you go.

Okay, here you go. I will tell you the number of clicks from the left. So start with the slider zeroed out and then push to the right the corresponding number of clicks.

Human Blocking- 15
Human Passing- 0
Human Running- 15
Human Catching- 40 (Full)
Human Coverage- 1
Human Pursuit- 3
Human Tackling- 0
Human Kicking-0
Human Fatigue- 4
CPU Blocking- 40 Full
CPU Passing- 40 Full
CPU Running- 40 Full
CPU Catching- 40 Full
CPU Coverage- 27
CPU Pursuit- 6
CPU Tackling- 7
CPU Kicking- 16
CPU Fatigue- 4
Injury-20
Fumble-20
Interception- 0

Remember I am playing with a simmed team from 2018 so they are not that great. For example my running back right now is a 75 speed. (I drafted a 91 speed but he got hurt) It is difficult but it seems fair. They still don't run the ball enough. I have tried to compensate by not allowing myself to change players after the snap when they run the ball. Then they are somewhat effective at running it but they still don't call enough running plays. I hope you have fun with it. C-Bus
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-11-2007, 08:51 PM   #6
Banned

Alburt Poohole's Arena

OVR: 3

interesting
Old 01-11-2007, 09:17 PM   #7
Banned

OVR: 3

I like this idea. I might have to give this a shot. Everytime I pick this game back up, I wonder why I ever stopped playing.

And I still don't have an answer for why I stop. I guess it's so I can get the fresh new feeling every once in awhile. Hell, 2k5 has given me that fresh new feeling more times than every year of Madden combined.

Last edited by dizturbd; 01-11-2007 at 09:19 PM. Reason: Added text.
Old 01-12-2007, 06:58 AM   #8
Rookie

OVR: 4

Isn't this the way the game is supposed to be played instead of constantly updating rosters? Remember there is a franchise mode in this game. If you would've been playing franchise since day 1 you wouldn't have to be simming to get up to that year, you would already be there. I am in year 2013 and a lot (not all) of the original players are gone. As for my Bears I only have 2 or 3 players remaining from the original rosters. I have traded some of them away though. For example I traded Urlacher away to the Chiefs, he then broke his kneecap and retired the following year. My current ILB is just as good as Urlacher, but not as fast. I think he's a 66 in speed. Stan Walker is his name.

Good Times.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > NFL 2K > All Pro Football 2K »