Home

ALL PRO Rosters

This is a discussion on ALL PRO Rosters within the All Pro Football 2K forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > NFL 2K > All Pro Football 2K
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?
Closed Thread

Old 02-16-2007, 11:30 AM   #1
MVP

OVR: 12
ALL PRO Rosters

the whole time i was guessing that the rosters would be generic with Legends sprinkled in here and there. But im wondering does anyone know how the NFLPA deals with retired players? what i mean is are most still members or are they no longer included after retirement?

My assumption was they were still apart of the association, except for the individuals who chose not to be. If no retired players are apart of the NFLPA this could make for some very complete rosters. every team could be filled with legit players. Id definatly have enough current time steelers to fill my roster. R. woodson, Carnell Lake, G.Lloyd, K.Green, m. Hodge, Bettis, etc. etc. etc...................

Last edited by TeeDogg; 02-16-2007 at 11:58 AM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 02-16-2007, 11:48 AM   #2
Rookie

OVR: 0
Re: ALL PRO Rosters

Quote:
Originally Posted by TeeDogg
the whole time i was guessing that the rosters would be generic with Legeds sprinkled in here and there. But im wondering does anyone know how the NFLPA deals with retired players? what i mean is are most still members or are they no longer included after retirement?

My assumption was they were still apart of the association, except for the individuals who chose not to be. If no retired players are apart of the NFLPA this could make for some very complete rosters. every team could be filled with legit players. Id definatly have enough current time steelers to fill my roster. R. woodson, Carnell Lake, G.Lloyd, K.Green, m. Hodge, Bettis, etc. etc. etc...................
There you go. Thats just enuff STEELER players for me.Cant wait for this summer to get here.
Old 02-16-2007, 12:35 PM   #3
All Star

OVR: 17

I'd rather just have 95% fictional players then 5% all-time greats that are unlockables and not on the default roster.
Old 02-16-2007, 12:43 PM   #4
#HTownTakeover #YWCF

coogrfan's Arena

OVR: 27

The NFLPA membership consists of active players only, and sells the licensing rights to the likenesses of all it's members. There is no such organization for retired players, so in order to use the likenesses of such players VC would need to negotiate seperate deals with each player they would want to use in the game.
Old 02-16-2007, 12:46 PM   #5
Hall Of Fame

Sandman42's Arena

OVR: 40

EA does have the rights to some of the HOF players though, right? So 2K won't be able to get them all.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 02-16-2007, 12:51 PM   #6
#HTownTakeover #YWCF

coogrfan's Arena

OVR: 27

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheBigPig
EA does have the rights to some of the HOF players though, right? So 2K won't be able to get them all.
That's a good point. I'm not really sure how that worked. Maybe EA made seperate deal with individuals (or their estates in the case of HoF's who are deceased), or perhaps the HoF has some sort of licensing arm of it's own?
Old 02-16-2007, 01:24 PM   #7
MVP

OVR: 12

Quote:
Originally Posted by coogrfan
The NFLPA membership consists of active players only, and sells the licensing rights to the likenesses of all it's members. There is no such organization for retired players, so in order to use the likenesses of such players VC would need to negotiate seperate deals with each player they would want to use in the game.
well thats good and bad at the same time. the positive is it possible to have an entire league filled with actual nfl players from fairly recent times. the bad part is was it possible to contact enough players and cut deals to do that?
Old 02-16-2007, 04:54 PM   #8
Hall Of Fame

Sandman42's Arena

OVR: 40

Quote:
Originally Posted by coogrfan
That's a good point. I'm not really sure how that worked. Maybe EA made seperate deal with individuals (or their estates in the case of HoF's who are deceased), or perhaps the HoF has some sort of licensing arm of it's own?
I think EA just made a deal with certain individuals. If that's the case, then 2K just needs to do the same exact thing, plus Madden didn't get all the big name HOFers.
Closed Thread

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > NFL 2K > All Pro Football 2K »