Home

HEY DAN AND PETER ARE BACK!

This is a discussion on HEY DAN AND PETER ARE BACK! within the All Pro Football 2K forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > NFL 2K > All Pro Football 2K
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 02-28-2007, 11:50 AM   #33
Rookie

OVR: 0
Re: HEY DAN AND PETER ARE BACK!

Quote:
Originally Posted by VCdolphin
This was probably the ONE sure thing in my mind, regarding 2k8, that Dan and Peter would be the commentators.

Think about how much voice work has already been done by these guys, who ARE the voices of 2K football to many fans.

The only question in my mind is HOW many names (player/team/city) will we see in 2K8? Around 5-6 thousand? How about 10 thousand? You could NEVER get those kind of numbers from "star" commentators, who never have time for more than 2-3 days of voice recording.
Thats a damn good point man.I think we'll get around ten thousand sound bites also.
Old 02-28-2007, 12:04 PM   #34
Rookie

OVR: 5

i hope they add a third person.like an ex-player to do sideline reporting
Old 02-28-2007, 11:30 PM   #35
Rookie

OVR: 2

^^^yeah that would be a good idea to add something new to the mix maybe Michael Irvin, or the great John Elway!!!
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 02-28-2007, 11:40 PM   #36
The OS Artist Guy

NYG_Meth's Arena

OVR: 24

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheJoker
^^^yeah that would be a good idea to add something new to the mix maybe Michael Irvin, or the great John Elway!!!
If they used Michael Irvin, that would be the only scenario in which I wouldn't buy the game.

WebsiteFacebookTwitterYouTubeDeviantArt
Old 03-01-2007, 12:34 AM   #37
Rookie

OVR: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by NYG_Meth
If they used Michael Irvin, that would be the only scenario in which I wouldn't buy the game.
Hahaha. That one actually made me laugh.
Old 03-01-2007, 02:09 AM   #38
Pro

OVR: 9

Quote:
Originally Posted by VCdolphin
This was probably the ONE sure thing in my mind, regarding 2k8, that Dan and Peter would be the commentators.

Think about how much voice work has already been done by these guys, who ARE the voices of 2K football to many fans.

The only question in my mind is HOW many names (player/team/city) will we see in 2K8? Around 5-6 thousand? How about 10 thousand? You could NEVER get those kind of numbers from "star" commentators, who never have time for more than 2-3 days of voice recording.
I think the simplest thing for them to do would be just to have a large audiodatabase of major US cities...then have Dan and Peter just refer to the team as the city, rather than trying to comile a database of every single team name they think of. I also think they'll just create a massive database of names that can be combined into a first and last name as seamlessly as possible, or maybe just refer to player's by last name. I wouldn't mind hearing things come out like:

Dan: so who do you have your eye on for this game Peter?

Peter: I really like, "insert player's last name" from "insert city." I really think he has the chance to light it up, but "insert other city" has a defender that might be able to slow him down in "insert player's last name." We'll have to see how this matchup pans out.

And we'd hear:

Peter: I really like, "Gore" from "San Francisco." I really think he has the chance to light it up, but "San Diego" has a defender that might be able to slow him down in "Merriman." We'll have to see how this matchup pans out.

I'd love to have team names and the ability to have first and last names, but I think this is more practical and it wouldn't sound all that bad. Heck I refer to the San Francisco 49ers by SF or San Francisco more than I actually call them the 49ers.
Old 03-01-2007, 03:11 AM   #39
Pro

OVR: 4

Oh, I'd be okay with what you suggested, and it would be a bit easier than combining city and team names together. I'm okay with players having just last names too.

That said, why not a long list of potential team names? I'm not sure they could figure out way to use "49er(s)" but maybe "niner(s)" could be used? Or allow us to choose a pronunciation, but spell it differently? A sample prison team called the "Stealers" becomes the "Steelers"?

I'll be perfectly happy to use the "Miami Sharks" instead of "Dolphins" if need be, and I'd like to create an "alternate history" type NFL anyway. Or a "What if the USFL survived and the NFL folded?" kind of league.

The ONE feature that 2K can offer that Madden would be hard pressed to match? An online start-up league. You pick how many teams, each owner chooses a city, team name, logo, colors, and then you draft of bunch of generic players or choose from a customized list. Let guys play for a set number of years/seasons (3,5,10) and award points for making the playoffs, winning a championship, divison, etc. See who has the most points at the end. Add in a draft every year (based on record, random for the first year) and some limited player trades and draft pick trades too. I'd only limit the years played since guys would eventually drop out, as happens.

Now find me a football gamer that doesn't want ANY PART of a game that does all that...
Old 03-01-2007, 07:48 AM   #40
MVP

BezO's Arena

OVR: 20

I guess I'm one of the few that wasn't looking forward to them. I just hope they do more commentating and tell less jokes this time around. Those guys wer corny! And having those lines repeated every game magnified how corny they were. It was worse than listening to Tony Kornheiser on MNF.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > NFL 2K > All Pro Football 2K »