Home

Who else is just happy to have another choice this year!

This is a discussion on Who else is just happy to have another choice this year! within the All Pro Football 2K forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > NFL 2K > All Pro Football 2K
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 04-14-2007, 05:04 AM   #33
Straight Edge

DXZeke's Arena

OVR: 21
Re: Who else is just happy to have another choice this year!

Quote:
Originally Posted by wwharton
Wow, what a great post, man. I hope this gets people to see what's up. When the game comes out everyone in this forum will at least try it and I'm sure everyone is gonna like it. It's not going to be an nfl game, it may not have the feature you wanted, but it's gonna be a damn good game. Know doubt about it. Keep your heads up.
Thanks wwharton!

Truly, to have a fundamental game of football is all I'm asking for. Madden does an decent job of it, but what 2K sports was developing with the NFL series was something special that we all know as consumers got shut down way too soon. I don't blame the NFL or EA for the "deal" since 2K Sports (and their publisher) would have done the same thing IF they had the money and were in EA's spot. It's business.

Again... I'm ok with the game not being NFL players.

I think a lot of us wanted to have the ability to edit the game to look like the NFL as a way to stick it to the NFL and EA for their deal, but if you look at this from a long term perspective, making a better looking and better playing game of football WILL get the NFL's attention especially if All-Pro can garner similar sales numbers that Blitz the Leauge posted. In terms of video games, Blitz did do quite well.

BUT

Madden sells so well, I think we'll end up seeing the NFL stay with EA. Not much sells better than Madden year in and year out. The reviews can dog the game, the buyers can dog the game, but in the end the sales numbers don't lie and a lot of people buy Madden.

Why not encourage 2kSports and VC to make a football game that creates a new leauge with new players and a fresh feel. Video Games are a totally differnet market than TV and Movies. So if you can create a new virtual leauge of players that don't revolve around the NFL, but can possibly have a story to them, then why not?

I would have liked Blitz more IF they had made it more sim. They had attitude a character with their players. Then Jabs at at guys like Vick with Ron Mexico was great.

A Franchise mode does worry me some, BUT if they have a season mode that's a full season of games, then I can live with that. At least it's better than nothing.

They don't need the owner mode elements. Hell, they don't even need to do the weekly prep, even though it was niffty.
Just do the regular stuff like Trades, drafting, and free agents with multiple seasons and there's quite a few of us guys that would be pacified with that.

I'm willing to give any company that tries something new and different a chance.
Games like Psychonauts, Beyond Good & Evil, and the slew of games on the DS like Ace Attorney, Room 157, Meteos, and most recently Puzzle Quest on the PSP/DS.

Much like I gave Midway a chance with Blitz and I will give 2k a chance with All Pro Football.

It's not like All Pro is coming from crappy heritage.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > NFL 2K > All Pro Football 2K »