Home

IGN Preview, Rice Interview

This is a discussion on IGN Preview, Rice Interview within the All Pro Football 2K forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > NFL 2K > All Pro Football 2K
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 05-02-2007, 01:02 AM   #65
All Star

OVR: 21
Re: IGN Preview, Rice Interview

Quote:
Originally Posted by coogrfan
Sixty foot tall cowboys and gigantic bald eagle statues don't bother you? Cool, to each his own.
No more than a stadium with a giant pirate ship would. I thought the stadiums would be an area where 2K would struggle, but I have to say I like the direction they've chosen to go in. I thought they'd go the traditional stadium route, but the stadiums we've heard about so far have piqued my interests. I really like the design of the Rhino and "The Hangar", and the visual of playing in a giant nest... I think that's rather creative.

Given that they're operating at a huge disadvantage by trying to create something from scratch without having real life stadiums with their own built-in history, I have to say I think they're doing a pretty good job. And I think it's this kind of stuff that will draw casual fans that are looking for something different

XBL gamertag: d0meBreaker22 (that's a zero)

congrats Steelers, city of Pittsburgh, and Steeler Nation - SIX TIME WORLD CHAMPS

Last edited by spankdatazz22; 05-02-2007 at 08:03 AM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-02-2007, 01:07 AM   #66
All Star

Tha_Kid's Arena

OVR: 30

Quote:
Originally Posted by jmood88
But why? People act as if every member on the team works on everything at the same time.
Or he could be talking about the project directors who decide what they are going to focus on.
Old 05-02-2007, 01:13 AM   #67
Sean Payton: Retribution

jmood88's Arena

OVR: 40

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tha_Kid
Or he could be talking about the project directors who decide what they are going to focus on.
I don't see how making stadiums unique means that they were a higher priority. There are people who seem to think that because one thing is in the game that somehow if they didn't work on that one thing(using a seperate part of the team creating the game) that they would've spent a crazy amount of time on whatever it is that they want in the game.

If I went any bigger, it would not have properly fit with my equipment, so I had to optimize. I'm okay with it, but I also know what I'm missing with those five inches. :)
Old 05-02-2007, 01:28 AM   #68
MVP

xrams's Arena

OVR: 12

Quote:
Originally Posted by TombSong
Well, take note of all the people complaining about the game not having a franchise mode, for having creative themed stadiums, for not having player progresion. Remember them. When this game drops and everyone sees what this game has to offer gameplaywise, animationwise, game of mother luvin football wise, we won't hear from them again because the sounds of their whinning will be drowned out by the collective OMFG, this game is digital crack 2.0, DAMN did you see this and that and this, and Man this has never been done before, this is the best freaking game I ever played sounds coming from these forums.

You can tell who has played 2K over the years and has had a appreciation for what the 2K games have accomplised and tried to accomplish over the years.
We know what they had/have to over come to get where they are now, and hopefully where they are still headed...to the TOP(See NBA games)

We know the odds they have to face and overcome in even bringing us what they are about to unleash on the people. Yet the naysayers having viewed this history come with the tears and want to cry over the crumbs of bread when they are about to set before you the best damn Steak of a football game you will have ever played in your life.

To the supporters of this monumental undertaking I say, let them naysayers whine alone. 2K does not have to PROVE anything anymore, they jusy gotta do what they have always done, improve upon the what they made in 2K5 which still remains unmatched in 2K7(see Madden 2007)

Let them not fret your heart, cause they HAVE to find something to complain about, like a woman that has a man that has treated her Oh so good. Never satisfied.

Amen...and Ill see yah online in August.
THANKS....!!!!!

Great post...
Old 05-02-2007, 01:39 AM   #69
Rookie

OVR: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by xrams
nflchamp... sooo what is your definition of crap...?!?!?

as far as I'm concerned any alternative to madden will be a sensation...!!!! especially if it has a 2K logo on it....
Terrible cornerback motions, overpowered charge moves, hyper leaping, overpowered D-Line play, too many interceptions thrown by the QB, idiotic playcalling/strategy, bad graphics/animations, various bugs and quirks that take you out of the gaming experience. These are things that the NFL2K series has experienced going way back. Just because you slap the 2K logo on something doesn't make it gold - talking like that makes you as big of an idiot as the Madden fanboy who buys the game the second they hear the name.

I've supported 2K's efforts on football since they released 2K on the Dreamcast and it absolutely destroyed Madden. But alongside their game has come both advantages and disadvantages, including the nearly completely broken franchise mode in 2K5 (with terrible CPU offseason logic, a draft destroying bug, salary glitches and the like). Couple that with some pretty hardcore flaws in the game itself, and you don't have a perfect product. Soooooooooo far ahead of Madden in its day, but not the end all, be all of football gaming.

If EA and 2K both go through with what they say they will, we'll have two solid games to play this year. But don't crown a new champion before the opening whistle even blows. Because that kind of absolution is the mark of a narrow-minded ideologue.
Old 05-02-2007, 01:39 AM   #70
Rookie

Shredder's Arena

OVR: 4

I've been won over by the legends thing. I used to do the same thing with the 2K basketball games and had alot of fun with it. I would have the Jordan/Pippen led Bulls square off against the Kareem/Magic led Lakers or the Bird led Celtics etc...

I'm a little confused on the news on customization now. It seems that you can now edit the names and teams.......but no individual attributes? If you can edit at least new player's attributes.......then actually that would be good news.......perhaps you could possibly assemble a good portion of the NFL if you wanted?

Either way the Legends angle has rejuvenated my enthusiasm...
Old 05-02-2007, 01:41 AM   #71
Sean Payton: Retribution

jmood88's Arena

OVR: 40

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shredder
I've been won over by the legends thing. I used to do the same thing with the 2K basketball games and had alot of fun with it. I would have the Jordan/Pippen led Bulls square off against the Kareem/Magic led Lakers or the Bird led Celtics etc...

I'm a little confused on the news on customization now. It seems that you can now edit the names and teams.......but no individual attributes? If you can edit at least new player's attributes.......then actually that would be good news.......perhaps you could possibly assemble a good portion of the NFL if you wanted?

Either way the Legends angle has rejuvenated my enthusiasm...
They need to stop being so cryptic with everything and be straight about what people can and can't do. It's ridiculous that they won't just come out and tell everybody what kind of customizing there is and what's actually in the game.

If I went any bigger, it would not have properly fit with my equipment, so I had to optimize. I'm okay with it, but I also know what I'm missing with those five inches. :)
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-02-2007, 02:22 AM   #72
Rookie

OVR: 2

Would Eveerybody Everybody Relax

Apprieciate that they made a new 2k Football Game Period......

Second In Due Time More Info Will Be There Im 24yrs Old I do not know the age group that post in these forums age ranging from 10-70 yrs of age and some of you act like Christmas is comming up and you know your parents have the gifts you asked for for christmas but your constantly are trying to figue out where they are hiding them. Do not spoil the suprise just wait and enjoy

Thanks V C The News Brought Tears To My Eyes!!!!!!!!!

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > NFL 2K > All Pro Football 2K »