Home

EBGames says All Pro Drops on 7/16

This is a discussion on EBGames says All Pro Drops on 7/16 within the All Pro Football 2K forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > NFL 2K > All Pro Football 2K
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 05-25-2007, 03:06 PM   #41
Banned

OVR: 5
Re: EBGames says All Pro Drops on 7/16

Quote:
Originally Posted by TombSong
When the game comes out really does not matter.
That challenges standard practices of product positioning and timing, so I must strongly disagree. It all matters, and a mistake there can ruin an entire project.

I wish that weren't true, but unfortunately it is, and 2K will face the harsh reality of it if they dare to go against conventional wisdom/practices.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-25-2007, 03:54 PM   #42

OVR: 34

Quote:
Originally Posted by QB16
That challenges standard practices of product positioning and timing, so I must strongly disagree. It all matters, and a mistake there can ruin an entire project.

I wish that weren't true, but unfortunately it is, and 2K will face the harsh reality of it if they dare to go against conventional wisdom/practices.
...Especially in this case, where whether people admit it or not, this game will be compared to Madden and vice versa.

Now, if the mid-July release date is set, I think it's perfect. That will give people an opportunity to witness what this game is a good month before Madden hits the shelves.

It's very possible that, if this game is very well done, people may purchase All-Pro, enjoy it, purchase Madden, feel like somethings missing, and then go back to All-Pro. At least that may be the hopes of 2K, just to let people know that football can be done better.
Old 05-25-2007, 04:02 PM   #43
Need A Life

bkrich83's Arena

OVR: 64

I want release date set in stone, so I can go ahead and block of some vacation days.
Old 05-25-2007, 04:08 PM   #44
Pro

OVR: 4

I'm still convinced that a June release, even late June, would be the best for APF 2K8. Being the first out the door, when gamers are looking forward to a football game, is the kind of advantage this 2K game needed.

July should be okay, but I'd expect EA to push up NCAA to dampen the 2K sales by forcing gamers to choose, and only a minority will have $120+ to spend on both. It is what it is, I guess. Certainly better to be out a month before Madden drops though.

BTW, I've felt that to a certain degree, 2K could take advantage of the EA hype and media for Madden 08. EA wants to get people excited over the new football games (mainly Madden of course) but that also has the effect of getting them interested in football gaming in general, right?

So, they're hyped for the new Madden game, and APF 2K8 drops for $50 a month before. Yeah, the NCAA game shoudl tide over some, but others will kill that month waiting time by trying out a slightly cheaper game with Legendary players.

We REALLY need to see some videos and more APF game details though. At this point they should be bug-testing the near final game code and getting set to go gold with the game in early July.
Old 05-25-2007, 04:10 PM   #45
*ll St*r

wwharton's Arena

OVR: 28

Quote:
Originally Posted by quietcool72
Was it Drotar who - before the Super Bowl- had an article about the need to do things different for 2K marketing, like maybe even a Super Bowl ad? I know I was one of the few people who thought that was a good idea...

..and everybody said "No, you shmuck...the DRAFT is the best time.."

Draft..um...came and went...

..nada.

Now they push the release date up (understandably)...but still haven't done much to push the game, or make people aware of it.

What's really funny- are many of the same people who said "The Draft! That's the time to start pushing the game"... are now saying...

"well...word of mouth marketing is the best anyway.."

And some of these people are the same that were all "franchise" 6 months ago, but when the bomb dropped about that- they talked about ...
"Franchise? We don't need no stinking franchise. We are conditioned to believe that we need multi-year franchise."

Here's my point...
The real irony is that many people in any of the 2K games forums love to call out the "EA drones who think everything EA does is golden."

And you know what- they make a good point.

However, I don't think they have any mirrors in their homes...
get your facts straight, homey. there have been a lot of opinions flying around here but they've all been pretty consistent. releasing new news has made some less excited and some more excited but nobody has swayed on any points that they expressed bothered them or why they weren't fazed. feel free to find examples and prove me wrong, but this just looks like another attempt to call some people fanboys.

Quote:
Originally Posted by luv_mist
I wouldn't be feeling it like that. I'd be entertained while reading what I'm getting. I'm not a young bull running face first into unknown territory. I'm into it like that. I like VC. I'm a fan of their quality of work. I am by no means blind to reality. I keep it realistic with my thoughts and ideas. I have my taste and keep it plain and simple. I'm thinking for myself and focusing on the clue and aspects I know. I've learned much from different situations which have taught me that patience is a key ingredient in all things. I think that since EA is tossing out information by the bundles, VC should just let it relax a bit. It's a new property that they want to have established. I see it as more of a longterm property instead of the annual thing. They can't afford to miss their window of opportunity. Honestly, next to noone I know has heard about this game. They know games by their names and APF is not familiar to them. Still, a lot of them do know quality most of the time when they see it. I'm not forcing anyone on here to think one way or another. I'm giving insight to those who are ignoring what their conscience is whispering it to them........PATIENCE.
nice post
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-31-2007, 10:58 AM   #46
Pro

gamemaster-2005's Arena

OVR: 8

for me to get this game I need to see videos of gameplay etc if it is coming out July it will be hard to get. Seeing as I will bet NCAA 08 at midnight release and get Nascar 08 2 weeks later.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > NFL 2K > All Pro Football 2K »