Home

10 Burning Questions about All-Pro Football 2K8

This is a discussion on 10 Burning Questions about All-Pro Football 2K8 within the All Pro Football 2K forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > NFL 2K > All Pro Football 2K
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 05-25-2007, 09:24 PM   #1
D* W*rk!

Rocky's Arena

OVR: 30
10 Burning Questions about All-Pro Football 2K8

I'm sure we all have things we would like the know about APF2K8...whether it be gameplay, graphics, presentation, etc. This is probaly the most anticipated game that I can ever remember(MVP 2005 was big) and we haven't even seen it yet.......so here are my 10 burning questions about APF2K8?

10. Better Presentation?: We already know some things here. "TV Style broadcast that will bring you closer to the action than ever before" is what it says on the web. Huge statement considering that NFL2K5 probaly had the greatest presentation EVER in a sports game. If APF2K8 surpasses it than we could be in for a real treat.

9. How are the Playbooks? Probaly the most in the dark part of the entire game. What will the playbooks be like? Without the confines of the NFL, you can run abandoned offenses such as the spread option, run and shoot, etc. Also we know that you pick players to your style and can fully create your team.....does that include you team style too? If I wanted to have a killer wing-T with Barry and Emmitt in the backfield, could I do so?

8. What New Gameplay Features are there? Anxious to see whether the right stick juke has been upgraded. The tap may be back and what have they done with the charge. Also has tackling been upgraded and what new tricks does VC have up there sleeves?

7. What will the leve of Customization be? Already know we can edit jersey, team names, and cities....but what else? Can we customize stadiums, # of teams, even league structure.....how much say to we have in building our team and how are we confined?

6. Were the GI pics an abberation?(Graphics) Before the GI pics, most assumed that APF2K8 were going to have mindblowing graphics. Now people are hoping that the GI pics were so old they didn't matter and if 2K will match their counterparts in that area? We know that the players are skinny, but is that overreaction to being adjusted to the "hulkish" like Madden players.

5. How much will it cost NFL2K5 shocked the sports gaming world with the 19.99 price point. It was a huge success for that title....can we expect the same for APF2K8? Goes hand in hand with......

4. When can we expect to get this thing in stores? Already know it will hit the stores in Summer but when? The right release date is crucial to picking up steam in the genre. Also with the lack of info, could that spell a push back?

3. What about the teams and Legends We know that over 240 legends will grace the game but how will they make up our team? Is it jjust 2-3 legendary players and the rest fictional players or are we going to have a D or O laced with legendary talent. Also will signature styles be in the game or better yet could there be more legends on the way!!?!!?

2. NO FRANCHISE!!!?? : Probaly the single most controversial aspect of the game up until this point with valid concerns from both sides. We know there won't be a franchise and why, but will we even want it after we start playing? What has VC cooked up to replace this HUGE feature?

1. Will Euphoria make it's debut?(animations): The past few days we have heard rumors over possibly the single most exciting aspect of APF2K8? Euphoria could make it's debut in APF2K8. If this is true, it has the ability to revolutionize the genre. ofdman, who claims to have played the game, has stated he hasn't seen animations like the ones in APF2K8 ever. Could that signal the arrival of something special?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-25-2007, 09:33 PM   #2

OVR: 34
Re: 10 Burning Questions about All-Pro Football 2K8

In the words of Madden producer, David Ortiz...

"Umm uhh Umm...you know...Uhhh...I uhh...umm..."
Old 05-25-2007, 11:54 PM   #3
MVP

DLaren's Arena

OVR: 16

Good questions, but I'd like to know:

-Will the game play by NFL rules? I know it's -not- an NFL game, but I don't want a game where there are 6-downs, 4 time-outs per qtr, 25-yard 1st-down markers, ect.
Old 05-26-2007, 12:30 AM   #4
Hall Of Fame

OVR: 40

Quote:
Originally Posted by DLaren
Good questions, but I'd like to know:

-Will the game play by NFL rules? I know it's -not- an NFL game, but I don't want a game where there are 6-downs, 4 time-outs per qtr, 25-yard 1st-down markers, ect.
They are not trying to reinvent anything. The game will play by real football rules. This is not going to be another version of Blitz. Midway makes that.
Old 05-26-2007, 04:34 PM   #5
Tebow is Chuck Norris

OVR: 18

This game will obviously be an attempt to make NFL 2K8 w/o the NFL license - at least that is all what we are hoping for.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-27-2007, 11:19 PM   #6
Banned

OVR: 14

One of the big questions I am looking forward to having answered is the non-legends. In 2k5 we got created players with somewhat unique faces, even if it was a darker shade of McGahee, but that was one of my favorite features in 2k5. I mean look at the Madden pics in create a player, you call that realistic? I hope they continued and even pushed the envelope on the face merge technique. It would be cool that when you create a player you can choose your features and they merge it to a lifelike person. Also, without franchise, does that mean no contract system? I loved backloading contracts so I could cut them when they were old and getting the most $.
Old 05-27-2007, 11:37 PM   #7
Stop The GOAT Talk

SageInfinite's Arena

OVR: 40

Great Post Rocky

SageInfinite Bandcamp
https://sageinfinite.bandcamp.com/album/interminable
https://soundcloud.com/sageinfinite
Hidden Language Video Feat. Grandmilly
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hf5nW4rGTFM

#makethemaddenforumgreatagain
Old 05-28-2007, 12:46 AM   #8
Youtube Innovators

The Lob Mob's Arena

OVR: 19

Yeah, this is some good stuff. . .I wonder if you can still do weekly prep. . . & if they'll exand this feature somehow. . .

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > NFL 2K > All Pro Football 2K »